Old 11-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Raiden
What a play by Devin Hester in the Chicago-NY Giants game. NFL record for 108 yards. Wow.
Can't figure out what I liked more.. The "fake out" Hestor put on, or the crushing downfield blocking displayed in the runback?!!!

Great stuff!
Old 11-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Couple random thoughts after week 10

Why do the Texans own the Jaguars? Seriously, does any one have an answer for me? I'm completely stumped with this.

What the hell happened to Pittsburgh? First few weeks everyone bitches about Ben struggling, now they have to score like 40 points to win? Wasn't this the best defense in the league a year ago?

What do you think the odds would have been that the Saints would have the offensive rookie of the year, but it wasn't Reggie Bush? Marques Colston is the real deal. I'm amazed the Jets, having past success with Hofstra players (Wayne Chrebet), passed on this guy through 7 rounds, not to mention every other team in the league. Remember how after Antonio Gates blew up, NFL teams started working out undersized college basketball players to see if lightning could strike twice? Same thing will happen here. I guarantee GMs put a LOT more attention into scouting smaller schools.

The Rams are kicking themselves after blowing 2 games to the Seahawks on last second field goals. I still think they're heading in the right direction. Rams' fans can feel safe with a lead now that Bulger is playing smarter, and Stephen Jackson just might be the most complete running back in the league (next to Tomlinson, who I have nothing to say about that hasn't been said in the last 24 hours).

Atlanta is officially the most inconsistent team in the league. They looked great for two weeks, then looked awful these last two. in their defense, Cleveland is incredibly underrated (I think they're 6-2 against the spread so no one is giving them love) and they've lost to some very good teams (Saints, Bengals early in the season before they fell apart, Ravens, Panthers off the top of my head). The Browns have a bright future now that Winslow and Braylon are healthy and showing promise.

Speaking of the Bengals, don't be surprised if Carson Palmer never throws to Chris Henry again. Last week he didn't go up for a pass down the middle on their last drive that ended up getting picked off, and now he dropped a ball in the end zone. Stick a fork in them... their schedule is too hard. They need to revamp their defense if they're gonna contend next year

The Giants looked like a Super Bowl team until all of these injuries. Now, who knows. The Bears put on a clinic last night. If you can't pressure Grossman, the Bears are unbeatable, and without their starting defensive ends, I think everyone knew how this game would turn out. The Giants need to hold on to that NFC East lead despite their injuries now that the Cowboys and Eagles both look good Otherwise, they may miss the playoffs, and even if they sneak in, who really trusts Eli on the road?

The Pats are still suffering from what Peyton did to them. That loss really hurt their pride. Last year, the Colts allegedly beat the Pats because of injuries in a tainted victory. Last week... they flat out killed them, and the Pats didn't seem right yesterday against the Jets. Also, the Jets have a chance to be the worst 10-win team in the history of football.

The Chiefs lost to the suddenly resurging Dolphins (didn't we go down this road last year with them? I can't wait to hear espn guys put the Dolphins in the 2008 Super Bowl). This might give Herm the cushion he needs to actually bench Damon Huard, who had been spectacular before then.

The Skins finally benched Mark Brunell, apparently realizing their season is over since they're in last in their division and their stud running back broke his hand. Needless to say, this was a smart move... they need to find out if Campbell is the qb of the future. I think Denver needs to make a similar move and go to Cutler. I know it's unheard of to throw a rookie into the lineup for a team that's battling for a division title (and who plays 2 of their next 4 games against the Chargers) but seriously, how can he possiibly be worse than Plummer? They almost lost to the Raiders. Jake Plummer can't win games. If you're lucky, he won't lose them for you.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:32 AM
The Tarvaris Jackson era needs to begin in Minnesota please. Since you traded away draft picks to get him in the second round - you might as well use him.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mdpuff01
Atlanta is officially the most inconsistent team in the league. They looked great for two weeks, then looked awful these last two. in their defense, Cleveland is incredibly underrated (I think they're 6-2 against the spread so no one is giving them love) and they've lost to some very good teams (Saints, Bengals early in the season before they fell apart, Ravens, Panthers off the top of my head). The Browns have a bright future now that Winslow and Braylon are healthy and showing promise.

The Giants looked like a Super Bowl team until all of these injuries. Now, who knows. The Bears put on a clinic last night. If you can't pressure Grossman, the Bears are unbeatable, and without their starting defensive ends, I think everyone knew how this game would turn out. The Giants need to hold on to that NFC East lead despite their injuries now that the Cowboys and Eagles both look good Otherwise, they may miss the playoffs, and even if they sneak in, who really trusts Eli on the road?

The Skins finally benched Mark Brunell, apparently realizing their season is over since they're in last in their division and their stud running back broke his hand. Needless to say, this was a smart move... they need to find out if Campbell is the qb of the future. I think Denver needs to make a similar move and go to Cutler. I know it's unheard of to throw a rookie into the lineup for a team that's battling for a division title (and who plays 2 of their next 4 games against the Chargers) but seriously, how can he possiibly be worse than Plummer? They almost lost to the Raiders. Jake Plummer can't win games. If you're lucky, he won't lose them for you.
Atlanta has been th emost inconsistent team the past 3 years I still have no faith in them.

I think the Eagles might worry the Giants but I don't think the Cowboys will. Dallas has only beaten 1 good team, 1-3 vs their division and have lost to Jacksonville, and still have some difficult games. The Eagles it depends. There were time during the game against the Redskins where the Eagles looked good and horrible so. The Giants already hold victories against both teams and I think they are better then than Dallas and Phily,

As for my team the Redskins. I knew this was coming once loss #6 came because lets face it they won't win their final 7 games to make the playoffs and it's not like it's Brunell's fault. Sure he's been bad at times but it's giving up plays like Donte Sallworth's 87 yard TD that have killed the Skins this year.

They have to see what they have in Jason Campbell and see how good he is since they traded 3 draft picks to Denver to get him.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by horrorfreak13
Atlanta has been th emost inconsistent team the past 3 years I still have no faith in them.

I think the Eagles might worry the Giants but I don't think the Cowboys will. Dallas has only beaten 1 good team, 1-3 vs their division and have lost to Jacksonville, and still have some difficult games. The Eagles it depends. There were time during the game against the Redskins where the Eagles looked good and horrible so. The Giants already hold victories against both teams and I think they are better then than Dallas and Phily,
Atlanta was always inconsistent, but they always had a solid foundation: the Dunn/Duckett running game, and their defense. Vick was always inconsistent and still is, but now so is their running game and so is their defense. That's why they're eve more inconsistent now than ever.

As for the NFC East, I think the Giants are the best team when healthy. They have their #2 receiver out for the year, their star defensive ends out for a while, and their best pass rushing linebacker out for the year. I think Philly and Dallas will make a push when the Giants are hurting. Philly's defense is still questionable, especially against the run, but at least Westbrook has had a couple good games on the ground so they're getting more balanced on offense. I don't think Dallas is as much of a threat. I think people will figure out Romo eventually, and their secondary is pretty weak so long as you don't throw to Newman. Lastly, you're right that Brunell hasn't been awful this year in the grand scheme of things. He's completing at a higher percentage than last year, and he's on pace for fewer than 10 picks. However, he's not making many big plays either, and in an Al Saunders offense with 3 legit big play receivers (and a defense that is surprisingly struggling), I think you need a qb who can make some plays. Campbell will be interesting because he wasn't that good in college. It's easy to hand the ball off to Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams, so I don't know exactly what this kid could do and to be honest I was surprised they traded up for him. I think they need to see what he could do because there will probably be a few veteran qbs (Byron Leftwich and Damon Huard, most notably) available, so they need to see if now is the time for Campbell or if they need a short term solution for the next year or so before handing over the reins
Old 11-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Week 10 Analysis-

Colts-Bills-Losem and Friends almost take the Upset of the year but Dungy's team still survives...

Ravens-Titans-another near-upset that sees McNair show why Billick made a good decision bringing him onto the team...

Browns-Falcons-the ship is now officially sinking, and with that Jim Mora's status as a Head Coach in the NFL...

Packers-Vikings-Favre shows he's still got it as the word out of Minnesota is that their team's a mess...

Dolphins-Chiefs-another inspired Fins D performance gives Herm an excuse to pull Huard and put in Green, but it ain't gonna help...

49ers-Lions-Matt Millen needs to have his office cleaned out and be thrown onto the streets, but the Fords are too weak to carry it out...

Texans-Jaguars-JAX is now a total mess, and can probably be counted on now to NOT make the playoffs...

Jets-Patriots-does the NFL send all the anti-Pats refs into Foxboro on purpose?? This time another poor Brady performance allows Pussington to win the game on another out of bounds TD catch by Crotchery. If the Pats don't win next week at Green Bay, their ship is officially sinking too...

Chargers-Bengals-a wild and wooly shootout that shows that Rivers is definitely one of the best young QBs in the game...

Eagles-Redskins-another shitty Skinflute performance sends them out of playoff contention and Brunell a first-class trip to the bench...

Broncos-Raiders-enough already with the benching Plummer talk: they are WINNING BALL GAMES!! Who gives a shit if their QB ain't a Pro Bowler???

Seahawks-Rams-Holmgren's coaching deserves the credit here as the banged-up Hawks overcome a fired up Rams team on a last minute field goal...

Steelers-Saints-many say that Cowher's passion is gonna fire up his team for one last go at it. I say: It's only temporary. Pittsburgh is still DONE...

Cowboys-Cardinals-and Satan The Dark Prince continues to check his tab with Parcells and Tony Romo...

Giants-Bears-too many injuries and a pissed-off Urlacher take down the Jints at their home stadium, plus they really ought to pay closer attention when a short and ill-advised field goal kick winds up in a return guy's hands...

Panthers-Buccaneers-it took an entire half of football, but the Panthers are back on track to a possible Super Bowl run...
Old 11-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Week 11 Picks-

Houston Texans over Buffalo Bills

Chicago Bears over NY Jets

Miami Dolphins over Minnestota Vikings

Baltimore Ravens over Atlanta Falcons

New Orleans Saints over Cinncinnati Bengals

Kansas City Chiefs over Oakland Raiders

New England Patriots over Green Bay Packers

Carolina Panthers over St. Louis Rams

Cleveland Browns over Pittsburgh Steelers

Philadelphia Eagles over Tennessee Titans

Tampa Bay Buccaneers over Washington Redskins

Seattle Seahawks over San Francisco 49ers

Arizona Cardinals over Detroit Lions

Indianapolis Colts over Dallas Cowboys

San Diego Chargers over Denver Broncos

NY Giants over Jacksonville Jaguars

Last edited by JJFlamingo; 11-21-2006 at 05:08 PM..
Old 11-20-2006, 07:36 AM
-The Chargers are on fiyah! Wow!

-By that same token, the Eagles & Falcons are toast. So sad about Donovan, 2 years in a row.

-Like I've been saying on these boards. Now that the Colts have lost, they can relax. No more pressure, no more stupi questions. With one more loss, they won't even have the worry of resting players at the end of the season. Just play on.

-I guess with the Giants banged up, and the Eagles now in the tank, they just handed the division to the Cowboys. Not to worry, Dallas isn't quite a superbowl team.

-Somebody please give me a reason not to believe that LT is the best player in the league.

-Congrats Lienhart on that 1st win!

-Vince Young, is it possible you can get the Titans to .500 by the end of the season? With the way Travis henry is playing I wouldn't be surprized!
Old 11-20-2006, 10:02 AM
Phily too bad McNabb is done for the year which pretty much screws you guys this year and next year.

I think San Diego might be the best team in the NFL.

Drew Brees passes for 510 and still loses.

Dallas gets 2 beneficial non-calls from the officials(like that's nothing new) to help them beat Indy. Figures Dallas was going to miss the playoffs until that starts happenning.

Atlanta you are done again.

Please tell me the 49ers aren't going to win the NFC West. Nahhh it won't happen.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Stick a fork in the Vikes - they are done. The defense allowed -2 rushing yards and you still lose because of pitiful playcalling/bad quarterback play/penalties/turnovers.

Childress, it is time to give Jackson a shot.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by meccajay
-By that same token, the Eagles & Falcons are toast. So sad about Donovan, 2 years in a row.

-I guess with the Giants banged up, and the Eagles now in the tank, they just handed the division to the Cowboys. Not to worry, Dallas isn't quite a superbowl team.

-Somebody please give me a reason not to believe that LT is the best player in the league.
Eagles losing Donovan sucks, but at the end of the day, their season was already over. Look at their schedule. They should be like 8-2 right now but they let a lot of close games slip by (Saints, Jags, Bucs) and completely choked against the Giants in the 4th. Now a loss at home to a rookie quarterback on a crap team... the injury just stops Eagles fans like myself from being in denial and pretending they had a chance. In reality, losing to all those inferior teams before the bye week already cooked them. I still don't think Dallas wins that division though. The Giants already have a win against them in Dallas, and I expect them to beat them again in NY. THat'll be too much for the Cowboys to overcome, even if the Giants are hurt.

And as for LT being the best player in the league... it's pretty hard to argue. The only names that come close are Brady, Manning, and Steve Smith, but Tomlinson has to be the best. Having Michael Turner spell him once in a while (especially earlier in the season) is keeping him fresh for the long haul, unlike last year, when a slow finish had him end with under 4 yards per carry I believe. Horrorfreak says the Chargers are the best team in the league, and while I'm not sure if that's true, they're certainly the most complete team. They're not particularly strong in some areas (receiver, defending the pass, special teams) but none of them are glaring weaknesses like the Colts stopping the run or the Bears having Rex Grossman as their qb

Last edited by mdpuff01; 11-20-2006 at 11:28 AM..
Old 11-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by veddhead83
Stick a fork in the Vikes - they are done. Childress, it is time to give Jackson a shot.
I thought that the rookie QB was injured in preseason and done for the year? I'm probably wrong, but what is his current status?
Old 11-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Week 11 Analysis-

Bills-Texans-the pathetic and weak Houston defense, led by Mario Williams succeed in letting JP Losem run wild all over them...

Bears-Jets-no miracles out of the ass for Pussington as the Bears continue to show why they may be the best defense of all time (though I wonder when Urlacher's career is gonna come crashing down in yet another NFL steroid scandal)...

Dolphins-Vikings-all the promise Minny showed in the first half of the season has come crashing down to a Fins team playing with purpose now though I am NOT ready to consider them for the playoffs...

Ravens-Falcons-the ship has now gone underwater with Mora standing on Vick's shoulders to stay afloat...

Bengals-Saints-how sad is it when Brees throws for 510 YARDS and yet still his team loses to the suddenly resurgent Bengals???

Chiefs-Raiders-Green comes back and wins a game that Huard could've handled easily so we'll see how good he looks against the Broncs or the Chargers...

Patriots-Packers-not one but TWO QBS get destroyed by the power of the Pats as Brady seems to be getting on track with a near-perfect game, thus setting up a Superbattle next week with da Bears...

Panthers-Rams-Carolina is back on the road to the Super Bowl as they humble Bulger and the Rams into submission...

Steelers-Browns-I know, I know, Pittsburgh is on a two-game win streak, but they beat the fuckin lowly Brownies (!) They win four or five in a row, then I'll be interested...

Titans-Eagles-the end of the road for McSnag, and thus the end of the road for a team that relies on its QB more than any other in the league...

Buccaneers-Redskins-the "Who Gives A Shit" Bowl for this week shows the Bucs no-name QB outgun an even lesser-known QB...

49ers-Seahawks-don't care what anyone says, if the Niners make the playoffs, then Frank Gore should seriously be considered for League MVP...

Cardinals-Lions-Leinert finally gets a win as I wonder if Detroit should even go thru the trouble of having an NFL Franchise...

Cowboys-Colts-Peyton's worst nightmare as the referees see to it that the Cowgirls end his unbeaten streak...

Chargers-Broncos-as unlikely as it seemed at the beginning of the season, Marty, LaDainian, Rivers and the others HAVE to be considered a team that has a date with destiny at the Super Bowl...

Jaguars-Giants-a pathetic effort by the Jints that proves that Lil Eli is NOT a come-from-behind QB and may never be, and don't be surprised in a couple of years if Coughlin (if he hangs in there) is on the lookout for a new QB...
Old 11-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanksgiving Picks-

Miami Dolphins over Detroit Lions

Tampa Bay Buccaneers over Dallas Cowboys

Denver Broncos over Kansas City Chiefs
Old 11-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by meccajay
I thought that the rookie QB was injured in preseason and done for the year? I'm probably wrong, but what is his current status?
He is currently the #3 guy. Holding a clip bpard. Brooks Bollinger is the # 2 guy.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:44 PM
On the sports wire:

"Joey Harrington played on Thanksgiving in Detroit for the fifth time. He had his best game on the holiday, perhaps because he doesn't play for the Lions anymore."

Wooo! Go Dolphins! I doubt they make the playoffs, but for the second year in a row they pull together a nice winning streak to get rid of those "terrible team" chants. The offensive line has drastically improved, they just need to put the ball in the end zone more consistently like they did today.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Watching the football games Miami looked very good and Joey Harrington has looked very good maybe they don't need Culpepper. As for the Lions well.......

Ugh I really fucking hate Dallas I really do but Tony Romo could end up being the real deal now at least he throws it to his own team now unlike someone else. Tampa Bay see you next year.

And the 3rd game which I wanted to see more than the other 2(BTW TSN showed the game in Canada and we up here didn't have to resort to a satellite dish to watch the game) games and after this game and seeing Jake Plummer maybe it's time to put in Jay Cutler. Plummer didn't look too good tonight and overthrew and underthrew his recievers a part of the night(The INT wasn't his fault) Denver just isn't getting enough offense with Plummer in imprtant games he's 0-6 or 0-7 against Kansas City in Arrowhead since being in Denver. They lost to Indy, San Diego, and KC, and with Jacksonville and Cincinnati still alive Denver still isn't guaranteed to make the playoffs.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanksgiving Analysis-

Dolphins-Lions-Detroit plays their annual Super Bowl on Turkey Day and lose, as usual...

Cowboys-Buccaneers-the Bucs jog onto the field and then lay down, spread-eagled, and allow the Cowgirls to have their way with them...

Chiefs-Broncos-putting in Cutler won't make any difference anyway, as he's never taken a snap, but wait until the Broncs are out of the playoff picture entirely before benching The Snake...
Old 11-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Week 12 Picks-

Houston Texans over NY Jets

Arizona Cardinals over Minnesota Vikings

New Orleans Saints over Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers over Washington Redskins

Baltimore Ravens over Pittsburgh Steelers

San Francisco 49ers over St. Louis Rams

Jacksonville Jaguars over Buffalo Bills

Cincinnati Bengals over Cleveland Browns

San Diego Chargers over Oakland Raiders

NY Giants over Tennessee Titans

New England Patriots over Chicago Bears

Indianapolis Colts over Philadelphia Eagles

Seattle Seahawks over Green Bay Packers
Old 11-26-2006, 11:48 AM
What the hell, there is only one game on a time all day today! I guess I'll have to be getting NFL Sunday ticket next season. This is a load of crap.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JJFlamingo
Thanksgiving Analysis-

Cowboys-Buccaneers-the Bucs jog onto the field and then lay down, spread-eagled, and allow the Cowgirls to have their way with them...

Just wanna say, you should give the Boys a few more props. They're contenders right now.

If beating the COLTS doesnt prove that to you, I dont know what will.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Thanksgiving Analysis-

Dolphins-Lions-Detroit plays their annual Super Bowl on Turkey Day and lose, as usual...
You're missing the best part about this game: for the 2nd year in a row, Nick Saban is closing out the season strong and fooling people into believing that NCAA coaches could actually be good NFL coaches. I can't wait for the offseason when the Dolphins become a sexy Super Bowl pick. I'm not biting this time
Old 11-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Nice Favre impression on that run and first down celebration/conniption by Brady in the 4th quarter
Old 11-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by adamjohnson
Just wanna say, you should give the Boys a few more props. They're contenders right now.

If beating the COLTS doesnt prove that to you, I dont know what will.
Well, the referees certainly seem to like them...
Old 11-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah, Flamingo, I just wish Dallas was having as good of a season as Carolina...

....BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Old 11-26-2006, 09:50 PM
umm, maybe Im not in the loop here, but they're 7-4 with three W's in a row behind their hot new QB...

Whats with the hate?
Old 11-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Well, the referees certainly seem to like them...
And they seem to hate the Pats. I see a pattern here.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Chiefs-Raiders-Green comes back and wins a game that Huard could've handled easily so we'll see how good he looks against the Broncs or the Chargers...
Yeah, he managed that one, too. It doesn't matter who the QB is, the Chiefs seem to have a plan that works.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Week 12 Analysis-

Jets-Texans-Pussington again gets an easy game against an easy defense. Looks like those Jets supporters within the league scheduled it so they wouldn't have too tough a time this year...

Vikings-Cardinals-They're already erecting the memorial to Denny Green's Coaching Career, they just need his fresh body to put in it...

Saints-Falcons-Vick shows his gratitude to those hard-working Atlanta fans whose support have made him one of the most popular players in the league...

Redskins-Panthers-Carolina loses its focus and it costs them a VERY important game in the playoff race...

Ravens-Steelers-Baltimore's defense crushes the Steel Team and sends Bill Cowher one step closer to the retirement home...

Rams-49ers-St. Louis announces their intention as a playoff team and deal a loss to the Niners despite another fine performance from Gore...

Bills-Jaguars-the Jags take another step towards the offseason with a humiliating loss to the lowly Bills...

Bengals-Browns-the Bengals have a fun practice session as they iron out their abilities for their upcoming big games...

Chargers-Raiders-Oakland makes a game out of it but when LaDainain gets pissed, it's all over for the opponents...

Titans-Giants-forget the Plummer-Denver QB controversy, it's time for the Jints to bench Lil Eli and give someone else a chance in there to show what they can do...

Patriots-Bears-the Pats overcome five turnovers and two bullshit pass interference calls to score easily their biggest win of the season...

Colts-Eagles-the combination of no McSnag and the collapsible Philly defense cause the Eagles to lose big again...

Seahawks-Packers-hey, it's Favre on Monday night, but then again, it's Favre in 2006, so you see what happens...
Old 11-29-2006, 11:10 AM
couple thoughts about week 12:

It's good to see the Broncos bench Plummer (I called for it on this forum a couple weeks ago). Plummer can't beat good teams (Colts, Chiefs, Chargers) and those are the calibur teams they're gonna see in the playoffs. How much worse can Cutler be? He's not their only problem though. The Brocnos struggle against great running backs (Tomlinson and Johnson have killed them in consecutive weeks). I know they're great players, but great defense is supposed to beat great offenses, and this defense was GREAT early in the year.

Cutler is gonna have a hard act to follow. Vince Young and Matt Leinart both looked incredible. Vince is just a winner, period, and I can't wait to see Leinart with an offensive line. But Edge must be fuming about having like 4 carries all game.

Speaking of Young being a winner, what the hell's up with Eli? They're not dead in the water considering they have a home game against Dallas this week and a win will give them the head to head tiebreaker in that division, but Eli needs to step his game up and so does that defense (what was Kiwi thinking?). I expect them to pull it out because I'm not sold on Romo. It's amazing to think what the Chargers have done in these past few drafts. Trading Vick for Tomlinson, then trading Eli for Rivers and Merriman. That GM deserves special recognition.

Flamingo was right about Green. He managed a game that Huard easily could've won (easy to win when your running back goes off). We need to see Green in a more competative game where he needs to air it out 30 times.

The Saints are gonna easily win the NFC South. Drew Brees is by FAR the best, most consistent quarterback in that division. Vick disappears for weeks at a time (kind of expected) and Delhomme is doing the same thing this year even with Steve Smith back. I don't know what's wrong with those two teams but without stable quarterback play, they have no chance.

If Joseph Addai continues to run like this, the Colts won't be beaten. I'm sick of people saying Manning's weakness is a 3-4 defense. The teams that have beaten the Colts recently using that defense (Pittsburgh, Dallas, Chargers, Patriots) are great defenses with incredible playmakers (not every team in the league has a Merriman, Porter, or Ware) that stopped the run first. If Addai can take some pressure of Peyton, I don't care what defense you're in, you're not gonna beat the Colts.

The Jets have a real chance of becoming the worst 10 win team in the history of football. Just look at their remaining schedule. It's laughable.

The Pats/Bears game was just Gross. Lovie needs to see what Griese could give them because, like Plummer in Denver, Grossman is actually holding them back. He tries to do way too much. Why throw the deep ball? Isn't this the best defense in football? When you're quarterbacking a team this great on D, isn't your primary goal just to take care of the ball and in the field position battle? They can't afford to play a qb that makes that many stupid mistakes. Their team isn't built for that.

Let's not declare the Seahawks back just yet. They beat the Packers at home (arguably the best homefield advantage in football) so don't get too excited. We'll see how they do against Devner

Last edited by mdpuff01; 11-29-2006 at 11:18 AM..
Old 11-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Week 13 Picks-

Baltimore Ravens over Cincinnati Bengals

Chicago Bears over Minnesota Vikings

Green Bay Packers over NY Jets

Washington Redskins over Atlanta Falcons

St. Louis Rams over Arizona Cardinals

Indianapolis Colts over Tennessee Titans

San Diego Chargers over Buffalo Bills

New England Patriots over Detroit Lions

San Francisco 49ers over New Orleans Saints

Kansas City Chiefs over Cleveland Browns

Jacksonville Jaguars over Miami Dolphins

Houston Texans over Oakland Raiders

NY Giants over Dallas Cowboys

Pittsburgh Steelers over Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Seattle Seahawks over Denver Broncos

Carolina Panthers over Philadelphia Eagles
Old 11-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Anyone gonna catch this game tonight?

I pick Cincy over Baltimore, the reason is I'm thinking this game is Cincy's season, were as Baltimore can afford a loss. It will be nice to see the matchups though. High powered Bengals O vs the hard hiting Ravens D. Rudy vs Jamal, the TD master Palmer, vs the master of the long drive McNair. Good stuff!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:38 PM
I just can't figure the NFL out this year. I really thought the Ravens were set to take over, going into the Cincinnati game, and then the Bengals win. Could this be the start of the Bengals becoming the Steelers of 2006? Who knows. It still could be Baltimore's year, though.

The Colts got exposed by the Cowboys, but considering how weird the AFC is this year, the Colts may still go to the Superbowl.

I still think San Diego will slip up in the playoffs, mainly because of Schottenheimer.

I don't buy the Bears anymore. Great defense, but Rex Grossman keeps getting exposed, and I really believe they will lose in the playoffs, to Dallas or Seattle.

I think The Saints will slip up in the playoffs, and Carolina is even more uneven than last year, so I don't think it's in the cards for them.

Unless the Giants get it together, and make a hell of a run, it's going to be the Cowboys or Seahawks in the Superbowl, in my opinion. I know Romo is a rookie, but remember, Pittsburgh was pretty close to the Superbowl, two years ago, with Roethlisberger.

Last edited by Cru Jones; 12-01-2006 at 02:44 PM..
Old 12-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cru Jones
[B]The Colts got exposed by the Cowboys, but considering how weird the AFC is this year, the Colts may still go to the Superbowl.
B]
Let's get one thing straight: the Cowboys didn't expose the Colts. It's well documented that Manning struggles against 3-4 defenses because his offensive line pretty much sucks unless he can tell them exactly where the pressure is coming from. Look at teams who have had success against the Colts: the Pats teams from a few years ago, Chargers and Steelers last year, and now the Cowboys. All use a 3-4, but what people don't understand is THAT'S NOT A BLUEPRINT. Those teams all have INCREDIBLE defensive coaches with great game plans. They were also able to control the clock, either with a run game or, in the case of the Pats sometimes, an elite short passing game. But, most importantly, they all have freakishly good playmakers that make the 3-4 work. Not every team has a Joey Porter, Demarcus Ware, Shawn Merriman, or Teddy Bruschi in the front 7 that seems to make every big play they have a shot at. What Dallas did to the Colts will have no bearing on what happens in the AFC Playoffs because no one can duplicate that except the Chargers (and I don't know if I trust Philip Rivers in the playoffs yet). The Ravens can do something similar with their athletic linebackers, but they don't have what it takes to keep Manning off the field. The Broncos, Chiefs, and Pats clearly don't have the personnel, and neither to the Bengals. I still think the Colts get into the Super Bowl, especially if they have a better record than the Chargers. I don't trust Rivers as is, but winning a conference championship game on the road in his first year starting? No way
Old 12-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Well I've said it before , and I'll say it again... I think the Colts needed acouple losses to keep them sharp in January. With the Chargers closing fast, there will be no talk of undeafeated seasons, or shutting down the team until the playoffs begin. They now have to fight and scractch for home field advantage. This issomething that will either make them a champion, or expose them as not ready for that final step.

Speaking of that 2nd loss, lets give some credit here.. I know Bironas made a miracle kick....again for the Titans, but folks, Vince Young just bagged 2 elephants.. The Giants & The Colts in back to back week. Both wins were come from behind wins sparked by him. Young is now 5-4 as a starter, and getting better every week. So scary what he can become by next year!!
Old 12-05-2006, 01:29 AM
couple thoughts about week 13:

wasn't Vince Young supposed to be the "project" of the Big 3 qbs in this year's draft? He spot Eli 21 points last week and spot Peyton 14 and won both. I don't know what else to say. As for Indy, if they can't figure out how to stop the run, they're done. The Super Bowl champion that has allowed the most yards per game on the ground was the '73 Dolphins, who gave up about 140 per game but only 3.9 per rush. The Colts are giving up over 150 yards per game and over 5 yards per attempt. That's just sad.

The Eagles' offense looked fine without Donovan, but their defense has been atrocious. Makes you wonder who they miss more, Donovan, or Kearse? Needless to ssay, in the joke that is the NFC, they're somehow still in the playoff hunt. As for Carolina, they've had 4th quarter leads in 5 of their 6 losses. Doesn't sound like a Super Bowl team to me

The Falcons are also still in the hunt, but I'm tired of talking about Mike Vick.

Do Lions' fans realize they could've had Matt Leinart yet? Why doesn't that bother them as much as it would bother me if I were a Lions' fan? A Mike Martz offense with versatile weapons like Roy Williams and Kevin Jones could be lethal with the right qb. I guess they're the frontrunners in the Brady Quinn sweepstakes.

I've said the Browns were underrated a few times on this board. I just wanted to reiterate that.

Rex Grossman needs to be benched. This isn't a mental problem any more, it's a talent problem. His decision making isn't awful, but he's not putting the ball where it needs to be (that deep slant last week at the end of the Pats' game was there if he led his receiver better). A 1.3 qb rating on Sunday? Last year, even though Kyle Orton won games, Lovie went to Rex in the playoffs. He loves the kid. God knows why... but it probably means Rex won't get benched and a lot of Chicago fans will be pissed.

Speaking of qb changes, Jay Cutler looked a lot like Jake Plummer, didn't he?

The Bengals' D finally is playing well. It's a shame their schedule is so hard. It'll take a miracle to sneak into the playoffs, but I won't count them out. Carson is that good.

The Jets could end up being the worst 10 win team in the history of the NFL. Look at their schedule. It's embarrassing.

Reggie Bush finally made it look like the Texans made a mistake passing on him. We've all been waiting for this, and he broke out on Sunday. I have to say he's in the best situation imagineable, letting Deuce do the grunt work and having a great qb in Brees. By the way, was this offseason for the Saints one of the best in history for any team? Signing Drew Brees (still not sure how the Dolphins let this happen), having Bush fall into their laps, and getting Colston in the 7th round. That's unheard of.

As good as Romo has been, I'm not quite ready to believe the Cowboys are the team to beat in the NFC. He looked shaky early yesterday, probably because he's not used to that kind of atmosphere. I don't know if he's ready to lead this team to a Super Bowl. On the other end, someone needs to explain to me what's wrong with the Giants. Seriously, I have no idea. All I know is the Giants could've had Philip Rivers and Shawn Merriman if they held on to their draft picks instead of Eli. Good job. And to think they're losing Tiki next year? This doesn't bode well for them

Last edited by mdpuff01; 12-05-2006 at 01:35 AM..
Old 12-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mdpuff01

Speaking of qb changes, Jay Cutler looked a lot like Jake Plummer, didn't he?
It is a little early to be saying anything negative about the decision to play Cutler. Were the Broncos going to play any better with Plummer? Probably not so it only makes sense to go with their future starter, tuning him up for next year. Best case scenario is that he comes out on fire like Tom Brady, but as was seen, this was unlikely. Give him a few weeks before we question Shanahan's move, but no matter how poorly Cutler plays, I think it was the right move.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Week 13 Analysis-

Bengals-Ravens-Marvin Lewis proves his team ain't dead yet with a big win over the tough Ravens...

Bears-Vikings-Rexy plays like shit but it doesn't matter, cause his team is playing the lowly VIKINGS...

Jets-Packers-still waiting on Pussington to take that big hit to end his season once again...

Falcons-Redskins-the Skinflutes roll over and play dead for Gibbs so that Vick can look good just for this week...

Cardinals-Rams-Leinert plays well enough for Pete Carroll to send him a wire, "I'll see ya soon."..

Titans-Colts-maybe the Upset Of The Year as one can only imagine where Tennessee would be if Young had started from the beginning of the season...

Chargers-Bills-Martyball continues to roll along with an eye toward the big game...

Patriots-Lions-a poor game by Brady and others turn out to be irrelevent as the defense wins one this time...

Saints-49ers-Brees continues toward a possible MVP season as Bush looks good for a rookie...

Browns-Chiefs-another upset as the lowly Brownies and their second-string QB make Kansas Shitty look like fools. Makes one wonder what would have happened had Damon Huard played???

Jaguars-Dolphins-JAX wins a must-win game as Heatherton gets the wind taken out of his sails...

Texans-Raiders-the "Who Gives A Shit" Bowl this week sees the Texans humble Art Shell and Co...

Cowboys-Giants-the Jints seem to have the game in hand until their defense pusses out and allows Tony Homo another miracle win...

Steelers-Buccaneers-the Steelers win big, but it doesn't matter as they are OUT of playoff contention...

Seahawks-Broncos-in the end, the change from The Snake to Cutler doesn't really matter as it's all the Broncs D can do from being blown out at home...

Eagles-Panthers-an absolute lovefest between the referees and the Iggles as numerous facemasks and a blatent pass interference on the final play go uncalled in the worst officiated game since the Super Bowl...
Old 12-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Quote:

Cowboys-Giants-the Jints seem to have the game in hand until their defense pusses out and allows Tony Homo another miracle win...
[/B]

How did the Giants seem to have the game in hand if Dallas was winning most of the game?

Quote:
Eagles-Panthers-an absolute lovefest between the referees and the Iggles as numerous facemasks and a blatent pass interference on the final play go uncalled in the worst officiated game since the Super Bowl... [/B]

Dude. Don't know how to break this to you, but Carolina just sucks. Nothing really to do with refs, it's their suckiness.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Week 13 Analysis-

Jets-Packers-still waiting on Pussington to take that big hit to end his season once again...

Patriots-Lions-a poor game by Brady and others turn out to be irrelevent as the defense wins one this time...

Saints-49ers-Brees continues toward a possible MVP season as Bush looks good for a rookie...

Browns-Chiefs-another upset as the lowly Brownies and their second-string QB make Kansas Shitty look like fools. Makes one wonder what would have happened had Damon Huard played???

Eagles-Panthers-an absolute lovefest between the referees and the Iggles as numerous facemasks and a blatent pass interference on the final play go uncalled in the worst officiated game since the Super Bowl...

1. You're actually looking forward to seeing Pennington taken out of the game due to injury???

2. Name calling...yeah, I can do that, too...I've decided in light of all the lucky wins this year and their ridiculous luck, and since you repeatedly insult my home town by calling it "Kansas Shitty", your team is now the Pasty-Twats. They play like they old, raggety cunts they are. They are possibly the worst 8-3 team in league history. Their offense is shit and Brady is lucky to be alive to whine another day. The only way they beat the Lions is because of luck. And as always, it's better to be lucky than good. And Tom "Whiny Bitch" Brady will be the first to go in the playoffs. One and done. No wonder the AFC West (Chiefs included, Raiders not) beats them so easily.

3. Green threw four touchdowns against Cleveland and the defense knocked their QB out of the game. It went to overtime and the Browns scored first. I'd say you have no clue what actually happened in this game. The Chiefs are two games behind the Pasty-Twats and as usual, would win head to head. Hell, I'd rather have Green or Huard than Bitch Boy Brady after watching them all play this season.

4. Did you even watch this game?? Because your analysis is about as far from being right as Brady's throwing. Dallas was in charge most of the game.

5. Yeah, I'd say Carolina lost that game all by themselves.