Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Sports
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2004, 09:32 PM
So much for my hopes of the Dolphins defeating the Patriots today. Damn! They're such a dreadful team. I'm starting to wonder if they'll even win one game this season.

And the Seahawks should be fucking infuriated with themselves for letting the Rams come back from a score of 24-7 in the second half, send the game into overtime, and let Bulger throw the winning touchdown. What a piss poor performance by the Seahawks. I don't see how they let that happen.

Kerry Collins sure is having a hard time, isn't he? He threw three interceptions against the Colts, and was sacked four times. Obviously, he didn't learn his lesson from last week. The Raiders got their asses kicked again, they're 2-3, and they got the Broncos next week.

Strider
Old 10-11-2004, 01:30 AM
well, m raiders got stomped...maybe they'll beat denver, then they should beat the saints. 4-3 will be good

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 10-11-2004, 11:22 AM
my as well have some early predictions.

NFC Final: Philly over Minnesota (eagles are just too good all around and will make less mistakes than Minnesota)
AFC Final: Indianapolis over New England (best balanced offense in the league, james is running great, and Indy's receivers are really clicking with Manning, Peyton slays the dragon)

Superbowl: Indianapolis over Philly (this game will be a shootout, and Manning will silence his critics with a monster performance)
Old 10-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by chiefxcel

AFC Final: Indianapolis over New England (best balanced offense in the league, james is running great, and Indy's receivers are really clicking with Manning, Peyton slays the dragon)

Superbowl: Indianapolis over Philly (this game will be a shootout, and Manning will silence his critics with a monster performance) [/B]
This is one prediction I hope comes true.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Man, the Pack sure fucked the chicken tonight. Favre threw several picks. And their defense made the Chiefs' D look like the all-Madden team. At 41-13, I threw my hands up in disgust and turned it off.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:05 AM
It was a do-or-die game last night, and the Titans led the Packers to the slaughterhouse. The Packers were absolutely dreadful, and their season is pretty much over, unless they can start winning game after game, especially home games. It's really a damn shame that the Packers haven't won one game at their home field yet. This week, they got the Lions on the road.

Strider
Old 10-12-2004, 05:01 AM
Well that makes things for Minnesota much easier now, they only have to worry about Detroit, who will probably stumble sooner or later.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:32 AM
God damn you Seattle for screwing me out of $60

Well this year is over or close to it since my Redskins lost to Baltimore so now it's on to my intense hatred for the Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles(these fuckers have to lose sometime).

Man what the hell is wrong with Green Bay? Is their defense that bad or what?

Man Michael Vick have you realized what you have done.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Week 6 Picks

Miami over Buffalo - I look for one win by the Dolphins this year...and this is it.

Browns over the Bengals - Flipped a coin.

Redskins over the Bears - Clinton Portis is about to have a fun day again.

Eagles over the Panthers - Everybody is looking for a weekend when the Iggles fall flat and lose...this isn't it.

Jets over the 49er's - The Jets sure are playing like they mean it this year, aren't they?

Chargers over the Falcons - I like Mike, but I like Marty better.

Patriots over the Seahawks - How does Seattle lose to St. Louis at home??

Lions over the Packers - It's all over but the crying in Green Bay. Sad. I really like the Pack, too.

Chiefs over the Jaguars - I think the Chiefs can pull an upset here as they did in Baltimore.

Broncos over the Raiders - I wish Oakland could pull an upset, but this just isn't the game for them. I'd bet that the Broncos are going to punch through them. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Steelers over the Cowboys - How dreadful of them to ruin my perfect afternoon in week 5. If they can't get by the Giants, then the Steelers will give them fits, too.

Vikings over the Saints - Great team trounces grunt team.

Rams over the Buccaneers - This is simply a year for Tampa Bay to cut their losses and rebuild in '05. The Rams just ousted the Seahawks in Seattle. This will be more of the same.

Last edited by jeo4; 10-13-2004 at 08:45 AM..
Old 10-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Re: Week 6 Picks

Quote:
Originally posted by jeo4
Chiefs over the Jaguars - Jacksonville has lost to every AFC West team this year. I think the Chiefs can pull an upset here as they did in Baltimore.
No, they haven't. Jacksonville beat Denver in Week 2.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:45 AM
You're right. I thought Jacksonville lost that one. Denver lost it by a point. Close game, though.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:55 PM
I heard a pretty funny story last night appearently Chad Johnson WR of the Bengals sent 4 Cleveland defenders a bottle of Peptol Bismol and a note saying "You're going to be sick covering me" or something like that.

Least to say not all 4 Cleveland players got the joke but I found it pretty damn funny.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by horrorfreak13
I heard a pretty funny story last night appearently Chad Johnson WR of the Bengals sent 4 Cleveland defenders a bottle of Peptol Bismol and a note saying "You're going to be sick covering me" or something like that.

Least to say not all 4 Cleveland players got the joke but I found it pretty damn funny.
LOL. that is so cool

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 10-15-2004, 01:40 AM
Miami over Buffalo - I like Buffalo, but they don't know how to manage shit. You've got Henry and McGahee... why isn't this duo seeing multiple carries every game? Buffalo will try to pass, and the dominant pass D of Miami will bank on the turnovers.

Bengals over Browns - I will be here! My first official NFL game. I'll be two seats down from the bone lady. I will be the motherfucker officially in the dawg pound wearing all cleveland browns gear, but hoping in my heart that Cinci pulls it out. True love never dies. :~) ( and if I can shag with the bone lady, I will give out details, pictures, and all windows media player files on here, if applicable)

Redskins over Bears - Poor Chicago. Do yourself a favor and start Craig Krenzel. He at least knows the playbook better than anyone else on that team by now.

Eagles over Panthers - I'd love to say it ain't so, but logic tells me otherwise.

Jets over 49ers - Something tells me this will be another game CP doesn't have to throw the ball to anyone under 240 pounds.

Falcons over Chargers - When your goto guy (antonio gates) goes public and says "I love it when I see man to man coverage", you're feeding too much info to your opponents. Stuff him, keep Caldwell under control, and blitz Brees into making mistakes. With any luck, Tomlinson won't be a factor in the second half.

Seahawks over Patriots - Lord I hope.

Packers over Lions - I don't think Green Bay will stay in the slump.

Chiefs over Jags - The offense that broke the camel's back.

Broncos over Raiders - Too much drama with Oakland. Clusterfuckers.

Steelers over Cowboys - God damnit.

Vikings over Saints - Moss 100+ 3 tds, and Horn 100+ 2tds. I pray this to the fantasy football gods.

Rams squash Bucs in one of the shittiest monday night games of the year.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Alright week 6 picks

Miami vs Buffalo - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ No offense vs no offense in what could be the most boring game of the year.

NY Jets over 49ers - Who's left in San Francisco?

New England over Seattle - You fuckers couldn't hold on to a 17 point lead fucking me out of $60 you bastard Seahawks.

Philadelphia over Carolina - I fucking hate the Eagles but Carolina is too beat up and if Stephen Davis dosen't play they are at their 4th string RB

Cincinnati over Cleveland - Cincinnati is supposed to be a decent team and Cleveland.... I have no idea what they are supossed to be.

Detroit over Green Bay - Their pass defense, rushing offense and passing defense is ranked 29th in the league and if you think I'm talking about the Packers wrong I'm talking about the Lions but Green Bay just looks so messed up right now.

Washington over Chicago - Please stop the bleeding now.

Tennessee over Houston - This Houston team scares me thought

Atlanta over San Diego - Both teams are a combined 7-3 What??

Jacksonville over Kansas City - I still like Jacksonville I'm not sure about Kansas City yet.

Pittsburgh over Dallas - I fucking hate Dallas that and I'm impressed on how Rosthleburger is playing this year.

Denver over Oakland - Mike Shanahan continues to be Raiders owner Al Davis' daddy Denver has won 14 of the last 18 games

Minnesota over New Orleans - New Orleans is the most fustrating team to figure out

St. Louis over Tampa Bay - And St. Louis is the 2nd most fustrating team to figure out.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Jets over Niners: easy pick of the week

Eagles over Panthers: eagles will be refeshed, panthers are not looking good

Bengals over Browns: cinci is just a better team

Packers over Lions: i cant help but feel like the lions will come crashing down, and gb is desperate for a win. theyll come out guns blazing

Titans over Texans: tough pick, but tenn looked good last week, and houston is inconsistent

Bills over Dolphins: billls suck just a bit less. and i will never pick sage rosenfels

Chiefs over Jaguars: i hate kc, but i have 0 confidence in jac. kc will score more thats it

Falcons over Chargers: toughie again here. i guess falcons

Seahawks over Pats: seahawks are balanced, and pissed from last week. and somebodys gotta beat ne

Redskins over Bears: gibbs will get this tough win, since chicago doesnt look too bad

Raiders over Broncos

Cowboys over Steelers: roethlisberegereregergere r has looked great so far, but parcells will have that great dallas d ready to shut him up

Vikings over Saints: easy pick

Rams over Bucs: tough one here, since they are both inconsistent. rams could at least score though

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 10-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Fucking hell. Rich Gannon's doctor just told him "It's Over." And that means his career is finished. I sure hope not. This is not what the Raiders want right now. Turn on your television, the Broncos are slaughtering the Raiders, and Kerry Collins isn't doing shit. If Gannon doesn't return, the Raiders will crumble.

No, wait, reverse that - they're already crumbling.

Strider
Old 10-17-2004, 05:47 PM
It's unfortunate the Seahawks couldn't stop the Patriots' winning streak today. The Seahawks had a chance to win at times, but of course, they didn't. Next week, the 5-0 Pats face off against the (unbelievable) 5-0 New York Jets. This should make for a very interesting game. I think Chad Pennington and the Jets could very well be the first team to defeat the Pats.

At least, I hope so.

Strider
Old 10-17-2004, 06:25 PM
Holy shit! The Steelers held on to defeat Bill Parcells and the Cowboys, and they have now won their 4th straight game. I must admit, this Ben Roethlisberger has been absolutely impressive.

Strider
Old 10-17-2004, 06:39 PM
ugh. the raiders played like shit cobered vomit today

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 10-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Pittsburgh and Denver both 5-1, amazing. Denver SHOULD be 6-0 too, stupid Jacksonville. Looks like KC is done now, gotta go 9-2 the rest of the way.

Last edited by chiefxcel; 10-17-2004 at 08:57 PM..
Old 10-17-2004, 09:05 PM
What teams will have to finish the rest of the way in order to make the playoffs, assuming that a 10-6 record will be good enough.

AFC East
--------------
New England 5-6
NY Jets 5-6
Buffalo 9-2
Miami 10-0

AFC North
--------------
Pittsburgh 5-5
Baltimore 7-4
Cleveland 7-3
Cincinatti 9-2

AFC South
--------------
Indianapolis 6-5
Jacksonville 6-4
Houston 7-3
Tennessee 8-2

AFC West
--------------
Denver 5-5
San Diego 7-3
Oakland 8-2
Kansas City 9-2

NFC East
--------------
Philadelphia 5-6
NY Giants 6-5
Dallas 8-3
Washington 8-2

NFC North
--------------
Minnesota 7-5
Detroit 7-4
Green Bay 8-2
Chicago 9-2

NFC South
--------------
Atlanta 5-5
New Orleans 8-3
Carolina 9-2
Tampa Bay 9-2

NFC West
--------------
Seattle 7-4
St.Louis 7-4
Arizona 9-2
San Francisco 9-1
Old 10-18-2004, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by chiefxcel
What teams will have to finish the rest of the way in order to make the playoffs, assuming that a 10-6 record will be good enough.

AFC East
--------------

Miami 10-0
Something's telling me, deep down inside, that the Dolphins could actually pull off a 10-game winning streak. Anything is possible.

Strider
Old 10-18-2004, 08:14 AM
Memo To Arrowhead

1. Defense is doing better, but not much. Our corners are shit. My best friend was right on target when he said "Dexter McCleon needs to go."

2. If you can fire Jason Baker for not keeping the ball in the air long enough, you sure as hell better fire Lawrence Tynes for missing both a 42 yard field goad and a POINT AFTER!

3. John Tait's replacement is a fucking dipshit. Spare us all the heart ache and fire him.

4. Carl Peterson, are you job hunting yet? You should be. This season is pissed away on a shitty draft and no acquisitions on defense. You can't seem to get your head out of your ass long enough to manage a team, so enjoy your last months as a GM, you asshole.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Strider
Something's telling me, deep down inside, that the Dolphins could actually pull off a 10-game winning streak. Anything is possible.

Strider
Yeah and it's possible Fiedler could pass it to someone on his team man Fiedler's pass to Takeo Spikes was absolutley brutal but it was funny.

Most importantly my fucking team finally won and the bastard Cowboys choked to Pittsburgh now we are starting to see how Dallas plays when the referee dosen't call beneficial BS penalties on their opponents.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Question: Are the J-E-T-S the team to end The Streak?

Answer: Hell no, They should be the toughest team to play them this year so far but it wont matter....we have luck remember
Old 10-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Haddonfield
It's either them or Pittsburgh because if either of those teams don't beat them NO ONE WILL.

Seeing this team yesterday is why they are beyond any doubt that they are the best team in the league and no one is even close to them even when Seattle was coming back New England just settled down and got a TD at the end and Bethel Johnson made a fucking amazing catch I couldn't believe he actually caught that ball.

Plus I'm still amazed how my team last year beat these guys.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Keep in mind the Pats are 5-0 even though their two best receivers have missed most of the games.. and they have Kevin Faulk back now which is huge because he's an awesome receiver out of the backfield. If they can get those two receivers healthy (Brown should be back within the next few weeks, Branch should be back for the playoffs or maybe for december), then they'll be even more scary.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:09 PM
Ive been wondering how much longer Troy will be with the team. He has been hurt now off and on for a few years and its been a long haul for him since he raised his bar during his fantastic season back in the teams first championship run. I know the coach doesnt mince words or hang onto guys out of love...hence putting Troy on defense...I dont know his contract situation but I wonder if his time in NE is getting shorter.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Ive been wondering how much longer Troy will be with the team. He has been hurt now off and on for a few years and its been a long haul for him since he raised his bar during his fantastic season back in the teams first championship run. I know the coach doesnt mince words or hang onto guys out of love...hence putting Troy on defense...I dont know his contract situation but I wonder if his time in NE is getting shorter.
Sure looks like it.. especially with Branch (25) and Givens (24) looking like they can be solid starters for years. Brown still has some good games left in him though, he makes big catches in key situations, and he did have 281 catches total in 3 seasons (2000-2002). If they go into the playoffs with Branch, Brown, Givens, and Patten as their WRs, and Faulk, Graham as the other passing options, I don't know if anyone can stop this team. Oh yeah, I forgot Corey Dillon.

Last edited by chiefxcel; 10-18-2004 at 04:03 PM..
Old 10-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure, but all I can say is: I certainly hope so. I think it's just about time for the Patriots to lose a game.

Strider
Old 10-19-2004, 02:07 AM
i think the jets are gonna win this week
good game tonite too

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 10-19-2004, 10:21 AM
As a Dolphins fan this sums up my feelings nicely...

Old 10-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cunning Visions
As a Dolphins fan this sums up my feelings nicely...

Put an arrowhead on it, and that would be the Chiefs, too.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Jets/Pats will be interesting, I think Pennington will have a very hard time throwing the ball, Moss is his only true target right now, and we all know who will be covering him. Plus Curtin Martin will get re-acquainted with Harrison and Bruschi. Jets will definitely put up a fight though, and may win, you never know in the NFL. But GO PATS!
Old 10-19-2004, 03:50 PM
Not a bad day for San Diego, signed Bobby Shaw, and traded for Keenan McCardell. Playoffs? A very good possibility now.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:59 PM
The Raiders can say goodbye to Rich Gannon, because he is officially out for the season. And that means the Raiders are screwed for the rest of the season. It's not like Collins will be able to get them anywhere. Maybe if he has a game without any interceptions, then perhaps I'll start thinking differently.

Strider
Old 10-20-2004, 04:07 AM
Well, it looks like the Raiders can say goodbye to someone else: Jerry Rice. He's been officially traded to the Seattle Seahawks, in return for a draft choice. The news doesn't surprise me, honestly. I had a feeling Rice wouldn't last long with the Raiders. Anyway, I hope he's able to kick some ass over in Seattle.

Strider
Old 10-22-2004, 12:40 AM
Baltimore over Buffalo - I really don't know what has happened to Buffalo's offense. Maybe it is that Bledsoe is done. I think Chester Taylor will pick up the tab nicely and carry the offense that should currently be handled by Jamal Lewis.

San Diego over Carolina - This year's 'little engine that could'. Maybe next year, Bengals.

Philly over Cleveland - Dawg pound gets its first loss of the season. Matter of fact they get their asses handed to them. This coming from a cynical browns fan.

Indy over Jax - Now that Jax has to rely on the offensive powers, I just don't think they'll make the long stretch. They've lost both DE's this year, and moved their pro bowl tackle over to help with that loss. Edge gets 100+ and paves the way for Manning to hit the play action pass to one of his three amigos. (Stokley, Harrison, Wayne) Also note to Jax: Don't forget Indy's two badass tight ends who've been underutilized all season. I don't think the Colts have really played all of their offensive cards yet, and Pollard/Clark can be potentially explosive.

Atlanta over KC - I root for the home team here, but KC's still a clusterfluck.

St. Louis over Miami - Yeah.

Minnesota over Tennessee - Anyone think Culpepper might break the single game TD pass record this year? I do. Perhaps not this week though, with an aching Moss. Look for second year wideout Nate Burleson to make an impact while Marcus Robinson gets double teamed on his trademark endzone slants.

Giants over Detroit - The Giants are doing suprisingly well. I like Detroit, but if Williams and Hakim are non-factors, they will be in the doghouse all day.

Tampa Bay over Chicago - Give Krenzel a chance! And if Lovie Smith has half a brain, he won't hire Tim Couch.

JETS OVER NEW ENGLAND - God I hope. I love underdogs. Not often you call a 5-0 team an underdog. Good chance that the loser of this game has a severe breakdown and loses back-to-back games at least.

Seattle over Arizona - Cards will be bringing their "A" game, but when the Hawks are on, they are on.

Dallas over Green Bay - Both teams have been inconsistent. I see turnovers in the Packer's future, though they'll dominate in total yards and time of possession.

New Orleans over Oakland - I just shake my head when I hear the name Kerry Collins.

Denver over Cincinatti - "And with the 1st pick of the 2005 draft, the Cincinatti Bengals select Anttaj Hawthorne... DT, Wisconsin" WTF Happened Marvin. Are you seriously just blowing this season off? This team has been in a rebuilding year every fucking year since 1990. God damnit. 1-4. This is bullshit. And so will Rueben Droughns when he marches for 200+ and becomes the horsetrailer player of the game.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDeadWalk
New Orleans over Oakland - I just shake my head when I hear the name Kerry Collins.
Shake your head? That's it? My entire body shivers when I hear the name of Kerry Collins. He's playing horribly right now, showing no signs of improvement, and in the meantime, leading the Raiders into ultimate destruction.

Strider