San Francisco 49ers over Arizona Cardinals

San Diego Chargers over Seattle Seahawks

Cincinnati Bengals over Denver Broncos

Philadelphia Eagles over Dallas Cowboys

Miami Dolphins over NY Jets
Old 12-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mdpuff01
I didn't say Romo didn't deserve it, it's just a testament to the mediocrity of the NFC. A guy can play 8 games and be voted in at the most important position in the league? Seemed strange to me. TO leads the league in TD receptions, so it's hard to say he doesn't belong there. Granted, I think he's an ass and don't want him there, but I was surprised he didn't have the support of his peers and coaches. As for Betts, I wonder if there's gonna be a "running back controversy" because he's much more versatile than Portis. However, I do think that the most interesting new trend in the NFL is the dual running back system. A lot more teams use it now (Tiki/Jacobs, Westbrook/Buckhalter, Jones/Barber III, Jones/Benson, Jones-Drew/Taylor, etc.) and I wonder if it's gonna be more prevalent in the future. Betts is too good to be a true backup. He deserves to split carries with Portis and get 15-20 touches per game even if Portis is in the lineup.
Don't get me wrong despite the fact that I hate Dallas Romo looked like a pro-bowler through some of those 8 games but lets' face it Donovan McNabb was going to be a pro-bowler before he got injured and also Marc Bulger isn't really having a great season either got in to the pro-bowler.

It looks to me that a lot of teams are using 2 RBs now I don't know if it's so that your starting RB isn't overworked or if your a team that dosen't have a defined #1 RB like Indy or New England or if you are like the Giants and you take Barber off the field once you get inside the 5 yard line but it's hard for me to think of many teams that are using just 1 back all the time except the obvious Chargers, Chiefs and Seahawks, Steelers and I'm sure there are a few others.

I really like Maurice Jones-Drew from Jacksonville he could be a starter this year. You know when I think of it this year's rookie class is very impressive.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I don't know if it's the fact that I'm a fan or not, but the Cincinnati Bengals are just finding ways to lose that are just sickening. Absolutely, gut-wrenchingly sick.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDeadWalk
I don't know if it's the fact that I'm a fan or not, but the Cincinnati Bengals are just finding ways to lose that are just sickening. Absolutely, gut-wrenchingly sick.
Nah man, you're right on. I watched the game in a neutral position, not a fan or hater of either team, and it was blaringly obvious that Cincy was the better team, and had the better game. It's a shame to see teams lose games like that one, especially when they've played better. My condolences.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:50 PM
It was North Dallas Forty, come to life.

The Redskins game was similary sickening. I absolutely fucking hate to see guys just run up like somebody's pain in the ass little sister and grab a ball or punch it out, hardly even trying to make a tackle.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:07 AM
couple thoughts on week 16:

You guys already hit it on the head: the Bengals just find ways to lose. No reason that team doesn't win 11 games with that talent. Maybe certain coaches' concerns about "character guys" are legit, as this team just appeared to be in disarray since week 4 and have had an astounding 9 players arrested this year. And Champ Bailey completely dominated Chad Johnson in this game. He's one of the best corners ever and will get strong consideration for defensive player of the year.

The Panthers throw 7 times in the entire game and win? Is that some kind of record? Flamingo said it a few weeks ago and I wasn't sure if I believed him, but he was right: the Falcons quit on Mora. He's a mortal lock to be coaching elsewhere next year. Also, when are we gonna stop making excuses for Mike Vick? The Panthers' D has made everyone look good recently (including Eli) yet the Falcons only manage 3 points. I wonder what his future in Atlanta is.

I was the first Eagles' fan to declare their season dead when Donovan went down. Thankfully I was wrong. Their defense has picked up and they're running the ball extremely well to take a lot of pressure off Garcia. In the weak NFC, I think they have a chance to beat any one with that defense (except winning in New Orleans). As for Dallas, they need to rein in Romo. When Dallas' defense is good, Romo is great, picking his spots, making good decisions, and managing the game. When the defense abandons him, Romo tries to do too much and ends up throwing terrible interceptions. That pick in the end zone by Dawkins should never have been thrown, but Romo felt his defense couldn't stop Philly and tried to make up for it. I wouldn't count Dallas out yet, but their defense needs to play with more intensity because Romo isn't capable of compensating for a weak D.

I didn't want to say the Colts were "back" after last week, but I didn't think they would lose to the Texans. I wonder if the Colts are vulnerable, or if their division rivals are just used to them. 3 of their 4 losses have come to AFC South teams.

Baltimore appears to be the Super Bowl favorite. As good as San Diego is, Philip Rivers has looked terrible of late, similar to Roethlisberger 2 years ago. Meanwhile, Baltimore is peaking at the right time, finally putting together a solid offense to go with the best defense in the league. Makes you wonder why Brian Billick, an offensive genius, wasn't calling the plays all along.

Vince Young wins football games. Period. But why didn't Buffalo take a 45 yard field goal to win when their kicker was already 5 for 5?

Raise your hand if you're excited about betting against Chad Pennington in the first round of the playoffs. Yeah, I am too.

The Saints clinch a first round bye with their beating of the Giants. Reggie Bush is running the ball well, and even though Brees has cooled off a bit, that offense is the best, most balanced in the league. Meanwhile, Eli continues to amaze with a glorious 9-25 performance, and I'm sure Tiki didn't want his last home game to go down like this. To Giants fans, I ask a simple question: what has changed since the Fassel era?

Shaun Alexander finally had another good game, but what's up with Hasselbeck? If you take away the game against the lowly Cardinals, Hasselbeck hasn't cracked a 60.0 rating since he came back, and has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns. I know the NFC is wide open, but this is a quarterbacks' league and he's not playing well enough to take Seattle seriously. Any one know what's wrong with him? I only saw the Packers' game. Is it the lingering effects of the injury?
Old 12-26-2006, 12:16 AM
Quote:
the Falcons quit on Mora. He's a mortal lock to be coaching elsewhere next year.
If so, he quit on them, first.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Congrats on your 32nd pick Mr Brian Dawkins... Off to the playoffs we go!!

Better believe the Ravens are for real! And yes the offense is peaking. I just don't for the life of me see anyone beating the Chargers twice this year. McNairs playoff experience does give them a decent shot though. To say the least, Steve Mcnair has turned the AFC North upside down.

Safe to say we'll probably see Vince Young on Monday Night Football about 6 times next year. At least 6.

I like Chad Pennington. I like what coach Mangini is building. Next season the division may belong to them.

The Giants and Falcons are in a bad way.. The both seem to suffer form the same malaise. They have ballers on offense and defense, but still seem to be missing ingredients. they both have numbnuts for coaches. They both have talented QB's who greatly underachieve. If you fire Mora & Coughlin, then who do you bring in that could fix it? The giants have one of the ost productive RB's in the NFL leaving this year, and the Falcons have major problems at reciever and linebacker. Also can Eli and Vick really afford to start from scratch with a new OC now? Tough questions. Tough times ahead.

Rookie of the year.. This is really hard--
The fan fave will be Vince, but as much as I love him too, I'll say Colston from the Saints because of how far down he was drafted. Maybe even Marcus McNeil because of the incredible impact he's had on LT's career. Jones-Drew, Bush, Devin Hester & Mark Anderson from the Bears, Absolutely ridiculous class of rookies.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Week 16 Analysis-

Packers-Vikings-Favre plays at home for maybe the final time and gives his fans something to remember...

Chiefs-Raiders-the fading playoff hopes of the Chiefs are forgotten momentarily as they happily beat up on a pathetic Oakland team...

Bears-Lions-if Matt Millen is still GM of this team after this season, then the Ford Family must really be addicted to the crack that gets sold in their fair city...

Panthers-Falcons-Lordy Lord, Weinke actually won a game?? Well, they are playing the Falcons (bye bye Mora)...

Titans-Bills-Vince Young for Rookie Of The Year?? It could happen...

Ravens-Steelers-it's a little sad in a way to see Cowher going out like this...

Texans-Colts-the Upset Of The Millenium as I wouldn't give a bucket of warm piss for the Colts' Super Bowl chances now...

Rams-Redskins-at this point, I'm really surprised that Gibbs wants to go on doing this...

Saints-Giants-Tiki is gone after this year, and don't be surprised if Lil Eli and Coughlin follow him out the door soon after...

Patriots-Jaguars-the Pats get the biggest win of the season on the road against a Jags team fighting for their playoff lives...

Buccaneers-Browns-the "Who Gives A Shit" Bowl Game this week sees Chucky Gruden get one of his rare wins...

Cardinals-49ers-San Fran's playoff hopes crash and burn despite having the best running back in the NFC...

Chargers-Seahawks-The Bolts look like a Super Bowl team but can the Marty Curse be averted??

Broncos-Bengals-the most nightmarish scenario possible comes to life for Cincy fans, and it might cost them their spot in the playoffs...

Eagles-Cowboys-Jef Garcia is playing ball like a man possessed, and the Cowgirls pay the price bigtime...

Jets-Dolphins-Pussington's limp-wristed throwing style confounds the Fins and impresses the refs, who certainly give Miami a less than favorable spot on their final drive resulting in fourth down and forcing them to kick a field goal. It don't matter, since the Jets will get DESTROYED in the first round of the playoffs anyway, unless Oakland upsets them first...
Old 12-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Week 17 Picks-

Washington Redskins over NY Giants

Dallas Cowboys over Detroit Lions

Oakland Raiders over NY Jets

St. Louis Rams over Minnesota Vikings

Houston Texans over Cleveland Browns

Carolina Panthers over New Orleans Saints

New England Patriots over Tennessee Titans

Seattle Seahawks over Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Cinncinati Bengals over Pittsburgh Steelers

Jacksonville Jaguars over Kansas City Chiefs

Buffalo Bills over Baltimore Ravens

Miami Dolphins over Indianapolis Colts

San Diego Chargers over Arizona Cardinals

Philadelphia Eagles over Atlanta Falcons

San Francisco 49ers over Denver Broncos

Green Bay Packers over Chicago Bears
Old 12-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JJFlamingo
Week 17 Picks-
Buffalo Bills over Baltimore Ravens
Any particular reason you think this will happen?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by meccajay
Any particular reason you think this will happen?
Nah. Just your typical trap game upset pick...
Old 12-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
It was North Dallas Forty, come to life.

As a resident of north Dallas, I have never heard this term. Care to explain it?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RicochetShaw
As a resident of north Dallas, I have never heard this term. Care to explain it?
WOnderful weather we're having huh?
Old 12-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by adamjohnson
WOnderful weather we're having huh?

I've actually been in South Florida for the past few weeks, and it's been glorious. I'm on winter break from SMU... located in north Dallas, but I hear it's been nice there this month.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Well otehr than the few tornadoes yesterday, yeah.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:14 PM
Prediction time people . . . the playoffs are set, and while I'm wishing my Atlanta Falcons were among the elite few, here are the playoff matchups:

AFC:
Kansas City Chiefs at Indianapolis Colts
NY Jets at New England Patriots
Bye: San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens

NFC:
Dallas Cowboys at Seattle Seahawks
New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles
Bye: Chicago Bears, New Orleans Saints

I'll just go straight to the Super Bowl: Chargers vs. Saints

Chargers win!!
Old 12-31-2006, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RicochetShaw
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079640/

Same thing happened at the end of their last game.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:11 AM
Crazy season. Here are a few acknowledgments for the year

Best off-season move - Drew Brees. For obvious, and less obvious reasons. The obvious is that he's a pro-bowl quarterback, the first the Saints have had since Archie Manning. The less obvious is that signing him allowed them to draft Reggie Bush when he fell into their laps. In all likelihood, if they didn't have a quarterback going into the draft, they woudl've traded down and taken Leinart.

Worst off-season move - Jay Cutler. The obvious choice would be Culpepper, but trading up for Jay Cutler made little sense to me. Denver was in the conference championship game and on draft day they questionably traded up for Cutler when they had other needs. They're best when they can run the ball, but clearly Tatum Bell wasn't the answer. They needed depth on the d-line and secondary as well (perhaps why their defense faded as the year went on?). Instead, they got a guy who may be great in a few years, but it was a questionable move for a team that should be ready to win now.

Most improved player - Steven Jackson. I also want to acknowledge JP Losman, because he actually convinced me he was worthy of a first round pick, but Steven Jackson was unreal. Other than LT, he was the most complete running back in the league this year, and doubled his receptions and receiving yards from a year ago.

Least improved player - Mike Vick. We've talked about him way too much on this board during the season. At the end of the day, he's been the same player for 4 years. I know his receivers suck, but we need to stop hypothetically judging this guy. He's not a good passer and he never will be, period.

Best story - Frank Gore. Second day draft pick (some people thought he actually went too early) coming off major knee surgery, yet he led the NFC in rushing yards on a better than expected Niners team. I think it's time GMs start to realize that it's never too early to take a running back from the U.

Most interesting subplot - Rookies. The continued mediocrity of the NFC was also fascinating, but this was the best year for rookies in my life time in terms of how many rookies were actually good right away. Not as many dominant rookies as some of the later years of the 90's, but with the exception of Mario Williams, every big name rookie produced at least as well as expected. There were also guys like Maurice Jones-Drew, Devin Hester, and Marques Colston who exceeded any and all expectations.

Biggest surprise - Jets. The Saints were a great story and a great turnaround, but they had the tools and schedule that it wasn't too surprising. The only difference for the Jets was a healthy Pennington (who they had no faith in, hence the signing of Ramsey) and a new coach, and they played in the harder conference. They may be the worst 10 win team in history, but they still somehow won 10 games.

Biggest disappointment - Panthers. At least the Steelers had some excuses, but what's up with the Panthers? They were in the conference championship a year ago, brought back every major player, added a true number 2 receiver, and got a steal in the draft by getting DeAngelo Williams. How do they not make the playoffs in the NFC?

Best coaching move - Starting Jeff Garcia. Reid was under a lot of pressure from Philly fans to start AJ Feeley, who is a God in Philly after he posted a 5-1 record in McNabb relief a few years ago, but I don't think the team could've rallied around him the way they did Garcia

Worst coaching move - Starting Ben Roethlisberger. He was never himself this year, yet Cowher always rushed him back. Throwing 7 picks before a touchdown was evidence he hadn't recovered from the bike accident early in the year. Then, after suffering a vicious concussion against the Falcons, Cowher again rushed him back, only to see him throw 7 picks in the next two games. Cowher should've trusted Charlie Batch instead of a banged up Ben in those games.

Funniest moment - Cardinals/Bears. After Edge complained about not getting any carries, he got the ball over 30 times for a pathetic 50 yards and a key 4th quarter fumble. Talk about irony. And of course, Denny Green's press conference was a classic meltdown.

Game of the year - Too many to name. I'd go Rams/Seahawks, first meeting. Great comeback, controversial finish, and just great football for 4 quarters. No luck in the comeback either (unlike the Bears' comeback over the Cards)

Now for some awards that the NFL actually hands out. These are not predictions, but who I personally would vote for.

Offensive ROY - Marques Colston. Bush and Young were great recently, but who was more impactful and consistent than Colston throughout the year?

Defensive ROY - Demeco Ryans. Outshined fellow rook Mario Williams all year long

Comeback player of the year - Chad Pennington. No brainer. He was left for dead this offseason

Coach of the year - Eric Mangini. Only because I consider the Saints' turnaround more a product of their player aquisitions than Sean Payton's work.

Defensive player of the year - Brian Dawkins. Jason Taylor will win, but Dawkins was more valuable on a better team, stepping up when Donovan went down and making big plays in every game down the stretch of their improbable run

MVP - Drew Brees. With my heart, not my head, I take him over LT.

Last edited by mdpuff01; 01-01-2007 at 02:24 AM..
Old 01-01-2007, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Offensive ROY - Marques Colston. Bush and Young were great recently, but who was more impactful and consistent than Colston throughout the year?
I couldn't agree more; Young will probably get it because he's a QB, but I think Colston should get it.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:51 PM
If Brees wins the MVP over LT I will never take the award seriously again. It would be so dirty. Brees was good, but still doesn't hold a candle to LT's magical season. Bad timing - award wise.

ROY - Vince Young, I hated this guy in college and I hate him now, but he is the obvious rookie of the year. Colston or Bush better not get it.

On another note - It's a shame the Packers didn't get into the playoffs.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Superbowl: Colts over Cowboys.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Week 17 Wrap Up:

Well goddam, my Superbowl pick just got beat by the Detroit Lions! Drives the cliche "that's why they play the game" right into Bill Parcel's heart, and mine. I was hoping these guys could keep a good thing going but instead they turn out a terrible defensive show against an offense that has struggled all year long. And I'm still wondering exactly what the Lions were thinking in winning this game. O.k., I get that you need to prove yourselfs and get some respect and all that, but really the season is over and you need to start planning for next year. The best way to do so is plan for your number one draft pick that you forfited by winning this game. And it's not like anyone is hailing the Lions for winning the game, they're just badmouthing the C'boys.

The Bears needed to win against the Packers to assure that they'd do anything but lose in the playoffs, and boy did they show me how weak they are. Comparing these guys to the '85 Bears is just rediculous. It's sad to see the Eagles have THREE qbs more qualified for a starting job than Grossman or Greise.

Man oh man, the Bengals sure do no how to lose those close games. It's too bad some of these great teams in the AFC couldn't have taken the place of those mediocre teams in the NFC. Just look at the great teams missing the playoffs: Jacksonville, Tennesee, Denver, Cinnicinatti, and YES the Steelers. They have played a great second half of the season finally finding out how to utilize their run game to protect Big Ben.

Miami needs a solid QB, and they could be solid contenders. Hopefully Dante's recovery goes well and they don't end up with a "Grant Hill" scenario aka the Orlando Magic.

Jay Cutler murdered the Denver Broncos.

Playoff pics:
Kansas City did take out the one team that dominated the Colts all year (JAX), but Indianapolis shouldnt have much trouble running the score up early to keep the Cheifs out of reach.

I've been preaching the faults of the Patriots all year, but I'd be lying if I didn't think they could win a game or two into the playoffs, especially against the Jets. While New York has assumed the underdog role that New England used to covet, they still aren't balanced enough to pose a threat to this team.

The Giants have had such an up/down season its nearly impossible to pick which team is going to come out on the field. Despite the absence of Donavin, the Eagles should prevail due to their dominant defense and Eli's inconsistancy.

The Cowboys have my confidence shaken, but I still think they are a top contender for the Superbowl and should prove so in beating last years Superbowl representatives.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Week 17 Analysis-

Giants-Redskins-Lil Eli and Coughlin salvage their season by taking it hard to the lowly Skinflutes...

Lions-Cowboys-da Cowgirls back ass-first into the playoffs by getting it handed to them by a team managed by Matt Millen...

Jets-Raiders-well, Pussington and The Jets prove that having the easiest schedule in NFL history will do wonders for you by pounding away on the pathetic Raidas. They've proved nothing to me, though, and will pay for their sins next week...

Rams-Vikings-the Rams finish their season strong and will surely be contenders next year while the Vikes are in a very dark place...

Texans-Browns-as the Brownies are pounded into cookie dough, a lot of questions hang over the Texans, the most pressing being the future of David Carr...

Panthers-Saints-Carolina caps off a terrible year by laying the wood to the New Orleans Backups...

Patriots-Titans-the Pats head into next weekend with more momentum than anyone else by stopping arguably the hottest team in the league...

Seahawks-Buccaneers-the Hawks claim dominance in a woeful division while the Bucs make the biggest mistake of the year resigning Baby Simms to a lucrative contract...

Steelers-Bengals-the Steelers close their season with a win as Cowher's farewell present and manage to drag Cincy down to Hell with them...

Chiefs-Jaguars-the Chiefs prove themselves to be the luckiest team in football by getting the close win and having certain other teams lose...

Ravens-Bills-Ray Lewis and that number 1 defense beat the ever-loving shit out out of JP Losem and head to the playoffs with some momentum also...

Colts-Dolphins-Indy narrowly avoids a upset that would have cost them the number three seed. Easily the most vulnerable team heading into the postseason...

Chargers-Cardinals-the beautiful thing about the Chargers this year is that they never fell for the trap games and stayed solid and focused the whole year, and closed the season by giving Denny Green a first-class ticket to the unemployment line. This might be Marty's year...

Eagles-Falcons-the Philly backups make Vick And Friends their bitches and and hasten the Falcon owners to give Jim Mora the deserved bums rush out the door...

49ers-Broncos-well, the Broncs were playoff contenders with Plummer's experience and poise, but since he wasn't Peyton Manning caliber they sit him down and start Cutler and whattya know, they go bye-bye. A couple more decisions like that and Shannahannadingdong might be gone in a year or two. As for the Niners the future looks bright with Frank Gore as long as they can keep him...

Packers-Bears-Grossman folds like a tent in the first half as Brett Favre looks to me like he ain't going ANYWHERE...
Old 01-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KingofKings25
Or not. Dallas looks like total shit against teams like the Lions. What could they possibly do to playoff teams??

And Indy doesn't have a defense to speak of. If they expect to make a serious run at the SuperBowl, they need to hire some defensive help in the offseason. I look for them to fold one way or another. It doesn't matter who does it, the Colts just don't have the defense to last to the big game.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JJFlamingo
Week 17 Analysis-

Jets-Raiders-well, Pussington and The Jets prove that having the easiest schedule in NFL history will do wonders for you by pounding away on the pathetic Raidas. They've proved nothing to me, though, and will pay for their sins next week...

Panthers-Saints-Carolina caps off a terrible year by laying the wood to the New Orleans Backups...

Patriots-Titans-the Pats head into next weekend with more momentum than anyone else by stopping arguably the hottest team in the league...

Chiefs-Jaguars-the Chiefs prove themselves to be the luckiest team in football by getting the close win and having certain other teams lose...

Colts-Dolphins-Indy narrowly avoids a upset that would have cost them the number three seed. Easily the most vulnerable team heading into the postseason...

49ers-Broncos-well, the Broncs were playoff contenders with Plummer's experience and poise, but since he wasn't Peyton Manning caliber they sit him down and start Cutler and whattya know, they go bye-bye. A couple more decisions like that and Shannahannadingdong might be gone in a year or two. As for the Niners the future looks bright with Frank Gore as long as they can keep him...

Packers-Bears-Grossman folds like a tent in the first half as Brett Favre looks to me like he ain't going ANYWHERE...
1. The teams with the most momentum EASILY are Baltimore and San Diego. Fuck the Pasty Twats. They beat a tomato can like the Titans and they have "momentum"? Riiiight. Thanks again for the laugh.

2. Yeah, keep saying the Chiefs are lucky. They love that. It pisses them off so they give the defenseless Colts all the trouble they can handle. Does anyone else remember the last meeting between these two teams?? Yeah, that's right...the Chiefs won. Before that, the Colts won in the playoffs by a touchdown because the Chiefs had no defense, either. Now the Chiefs have more defensive additions and the Colts are pourous. Even if they win at home, the Colts still have the Ravens and the Chargers to worry about.

By the way: The Chiefs seem to have had less trouble scoring on the Jags than the Patsies did.

3. Jake Plummer is fucking terrible as a QB. Take it from someone who has seen most Broncos games. Hell, even the fans wanted him out. Cutler may be unexperienced, but he's no worse than Plummer by a long shot.

4. Backups? I'd say you underestimate the Saints. In a conference like the NFC, anyone could make the SuperBowl (if only to be crushed by the likes of the Chargers or the Ravens).

5. A little reminder: 11/12/2006. Jets 17, Pasty Twats 14. Easy schedule? Well, they are in the weakest division in the AFC.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Vanderjagt is signed just before game time and makes like Jim O'Brien in Super Bowl V
Old 01-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jeo4
3. Jake Plummer is fucking terrible as a QB. Take it from someone who has seen most Broncos games. Hell, even the fans wanted him out. Cutler may be unexperienced, but he's no worse than Plummer by a long shot.

4. Backups? I'd say you underestimate the Saints. In a conference like the NFC, anyone could make the SuperBowl (if only to be crushed by the likes of the Chargers or the Ravens).

5. A little reminder: 11/12/2006. Jets 17, Pasty Twats 14. Easy schedule? Well, they are in the weakest division in the AFC.
First off, Plummer isn't a terrible quarterback. He got them to the conference finals last year, and this year he posted victories against the Pats, Ravens, and Steelers (in the brief time PItt was actually good). They gambled with Cutler because their defense was no longer dominant by week 8, so they figured Cutler could give them a chance in shootouts (which was faulty logic, considering Plummer put up 31 and 27 in losses to the Colts and Chargers, respectively).

Secondly, I Don't think he called the Saints backups as an insult. I think Flamingo was literal. The Panthers beat on the Saints' backups, as in people who don't start.

Lastly, the entire AFC East had a joke schedule, but the Jets' was the easiest. NFL schedules come down to 6 division games, then each division plays 2 other divisions, which is a total of 14 games. Then there are 2 games I'm not sure where they come from. The AFC East played the AFC South and NFC North (worst division in football probably). However, the Jets got the Titans in the Kerry Collins era, and their two "other" games that don't fall into the above categories were the Browns and the Raiders, who will both be picking top 3 in the 2007 draft, whereas the Pats' other two games were Denver and at Cincinnati. Hard to argue against the Jets' easy schedule
Old 01-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jeo4
Or not. Dallas looks like total shit against teams like the Lions. What could they possibly do to playoff teams??

And Indy doesn't have a defense to speak of. If they expect to make a serious run at the SuperBowl, they need to hire some defensive help in the offseason. I look for them to fold one way or another. It doesn't matter who does it, the Colts just don't have the defense to last to the big game.
You just keep thinking the "favorites" win the SuperBowl every year. Colts will dominate the Chiefs and then you'll jump on the bandwagon.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Quote:
You just keep thinking the "favorites" win the SuperBowl every year. Colts will dominate the Chiefs and then you'll jump on the bandwagon.
Like I said: Even if the Chiefs don't beat the Colts, Baltimore or San Diego will.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:47 AM
Quote:
First off, Plummer isn't a terrible quarterback. He got them to the conference finals last year, and this year he posted victories against the Pats, Ravens, and Steelers (in the brief time PItt was actually good). They gambled with Cutler because their defense was no longer dominant by week 8, so they figured Cutler could give them a chance in shootouts (which was faulty logic, considering Plummer put up 31 and 27 in losses to the Colts and Chargers, respectively).

Secondly, I Don't think he called the Saints backups as an insult. I think Flamingo was literal. The Panthers beat on the Saints' backups, as in people who don't start.

Lastly, the entire AFC East had a joke schedule, but the Jets' was the easiest. NFL schedules come down to 6 division games, then each division plays 2 other divisions, which is a total of 14 games. Then there are 2 games I'm not sure where they come from. The AFC East played the AFC South and NFC North (worst division in football probably). However, the Jets got the Titans in the Kerry Collins era, and their two "other" games that don't fall into the above categories were the Browns and the Raiders, who will both be picking top 3 in the 2007 draft, whereas the Pats' other two games were Denver and at Cincinnati. Hard to argue against the Jets' easy schedule
Plummer has yet to prove anything as a Bronco. He did even less as a Cardinal. Granted, when his Offense protects him, he does okay. But he isn't the second coming of Elway by any stretch.

Backups played for Saints - okay, then.

And yeah, no argument there. The Jets had a soft schedule.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:40 AM

A healthy congrats goes out to:

LaDainian Tomlinson- NFL MVP

Chad Pennington- AP Comeback Player of the year

Vince Young- AP Offensive Rookie Of The Year.

DeMeco Ryans- Ap Defensive Rookie Of The Year.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Quote:
The Colts beat the Chiefs barely but I think Baltimore or San Diego kills them.

I think Baltimore or San Diego wins the whole thing anyways.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Wildcard Weekend Picks-

Indianpolis Colts over Kansas City Chiefs-handily

Seattle Seahawks over Dallas Cowboys-piped in crowd noise is an advantage

New England Patriots over NY Jets-easily

New York Giants over Philadelphia Eagles-upset pick

Super Bowl: Patriots over Saints
Old 01-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Sean Payton coach of the year? I disagree with it, but wouldn't have a real problem except for one thing: he got 44 of the 50 votes. How does Eric Mangini get only 3 votes? The Jets made the playoffs this year when they were bottom dwellers a year ago. I know the same can be said for the Saints, but was it really Payton's coaching that improved the team, or the masterful work over the summer by their GM getting Drew Brees and Marques Colston and the fortune of having Reggie Bush fall into their laps? All the Jets got was Pennington back, who I do like as a quarterback, but that's nowhere near the amount of help the Saints got. Plus, Mangini made the playoffs in the AFC. I know they had an easy schedule, but every NFC team has a joke schedule because they play 6 division games that can't be that hard (AFC East craps on the NFC South overall). I'm not saying I completely disagree with Payton winning, but there's no way he deserves to win by that margin.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:26 PM
I agree with Payton winning and winning by that margin. Nobody else, even Mangini didn't even come close.

I also agree with LT winning the MVP but I do not agree by the margin he won it by. He should have won it unanamously. Whoever voted for Brees, Manning, and Jackson should have their privaledge of voting taken away.

Also, Everybody who picked the Chiefs and were down on the Colts still have time to figure out they are for real this year and will DESTROY the Ravens next week.

Colts over Ravens 44-10.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by horrorfreak13
The Colts beat the Chiefs barely but I think Baltimore or San Diego kills them.
You call that barely? The Colts' defense dominated - no first downs until the 3rd quarter, one TD allowed that were followed by three consecutive turnovers. Manning had a bad game, and they still won handily.

I think if Peyton can recover (in other words, keep this his one bad game), then the Colts will go far, possibly to the Super Bowl.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Also, Everybody who picked the Chiefs and were down on the Colts still have time to figure out they are for real this year and will DESTROY the Ravens next week.

Colts over Ravens 44-10.

And you think the Ravens aren't for real?? You must be a Colts fan. The Chiefs were the 6th seed and arguably the weakest link in the AFC playoff picture. Manning threw three picks right to them. And the Chiefs are the 16th ranked defense. And only 9 points by the half??? God help the Colts when they have to face the Ravens, who have the number one defense in the league and a significantly better passing game than KC.

Baltimore over Indianapolis. Easily.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:02 AM
A muffed short kick decides a game twice in two weeks...amazing.

That one is all on Romo. The snap was good, he just lost it putting it down. Even so, it was a heads up play for him to break for the goal and from the angle NBC was showing it, I thought he would walk into the end zone. Fabulous effort on the tackle by Jordan Babineaux.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bigred760
You call that barely? The Colts' defense dominated - no first downs until the 3rd quarter, one TD allowed that were followed by three consecutive turnovers. Manning had a bad game, and they still won handily.

I think if Peyton can recover (in other words, keep this his one bad game), then the Colts will go far, possibly to the Super Bowl.
The Colts D dominated against a bad offensive line, though. Things only get worse from here.

I just don't see them getting through Baltimore. If they can beat the Ravens, I'll be more likely to believe they can win against the Chargers. If not, then my last statement is correct and they still need a lot of defensive work.

If Indy can win against the Ravens and Chargers, I'll not only admit I was wrong, I'll pick them to win the SuperBowl.