Old 10-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Baltimore over Buffalo - Buffalo won't have enough in the tank to outrun the Ravens.

San Diego over Carolina - Maybe.

Philly over Cleveland - I hate Terrell Owens and his mouth. I just think that Philly is a juggernaut right now.

Indy over Jacksonville - The Colts will outgun the Jags easily.

KC over Atlanta - or not.

St. Louis over Miami - Easiest pick ever.

Minnesota over Tennessee - Their offense will own the Titans.

Giants over Detroit - The Giants are on their way. Maybe the playoffs, if they can keep it up.

Tampa Bay over Chicago - Battle of the turds. Tampa flushes first.

New England over NY Jets - I hate when that happens. But it will.

Seattle over Arizona - Easily.

Green Bay over Dallas - Depends on Favre's day.

Oakland over New Orleans - In spite of Kerry Collins' amazing knack for throwing picks, I think the Raiders will pull through.

Denver over Cincinatti - And the Broncos head toward a division title...dammit.

Last edited by jeo4; 10-22-2004 at 10:13 AM..
Old 10-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Baltimore over Buffalo - Why Global must you show this fucking game instead of New England and the NY Jets you fucking bastards.

San Diego over Carolina - umm........... San Diego could be a playoff team and Kansas City might not?

Phily over Clevaland - I seriously fucking hope Cleveland wins in fact I want them to win and Garcia can fucking shut Terrell Owens his fucking big fucking mouth.

Indianapolis over Jacksonville - I have a huge fear of Jacksonville that they might win this game.

Atlanta over Kansas City - Vick vs a horrible run defense hmm....

St. Louis over Miami - I am damming St. Louis to hell if they don't win this game

Minnesota over Tennessee - Tennesse is in so much of a mess right now.

Detroit over The Fucking Piece of shit Giants - Please Detroit I never asked you for anything in the fucking world just fucking beat the fucking piece of fucking shit Giants.

Tampa Bay over Chicago - I'd rather take Griese than Johnathan Quinn or whoever else the Bears have.

New England over NY Jets - I'm fucking pissed off at Global and CH for NOT FUCKING SHOWING THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seattle over Arizona - Why Dennis Green did you take over that job.

Green Bay over Dallas - I fucking hate Dallas, I very much fucking hate them

New Orleans over Oakland - If the crowd chants to bring in Tulisasopo how could the crowd get it off when there's 6 syllabals and I thought Rosthlisburger was hard to spell and pronounce

Denver over Cincinnati - It's not Carson Palmer's fault the defense hasn't done anything to help him.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDeadWalk
Indy over Jax - Now that Jax has to rely on the offensive powers, I just don't think they'll make the long stretch. They've lost both DE's this year, and moved their pro bowl tackle over to help with that loss. Edge gets 100+ and paves the way for Manning to hit the play action pass to one of his three amigos. (Stokley, Harrison, Wayne) Also note to Jax: Don't forget Indy's two badass tight ends who've been underutilized all season. I don't think the Colts have really played all of their offensive cards yet, and Pollard/Clark can be potentially explosive.
Just an FYI, but Jax moving Stroud to DE was only a one time thing. He's been moved back to DT and they've got Greg Favors playing DE.

It'll be a close one, but I could definately see Jax pulling this one out. Had it not been for a phantom holding call they probably would have one the last meeting as well.

Who knows. Just thought I'd throw that little tidbit out there.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:16 PM
Anyone else wish that the NFL added another gameday? They DO have Saturday games late in the season, so why not have some all season? The more football days, the better! Just a thought. One awesome thing about this season is that we get some holiday football.

Friday, December 24th:

Green Bay at Minnesota (3:00 PM ET)

Saturday, December 25th:

Oakland at Kansas City (5:00 PM ET)
Denver at Tennessee (8:30 PM ET)

That's awesome, one game on Christmas Eve, and two on Christmas! Also, they could be pretty huge games because Minnesota and Denver could be fighting for bye weeks, their opponents could be fighting for wildcard spots, and even though Oakland/KC might not have any playoff implications, their games are always enjoyable. Just wait until next year though, Christmas is on Sunday, so we'll either get a full day of football on Christmas, or we'll get a full day of football on Christmas Eve (they did that in '94). Plus they might spread it out a bit and have 4 gamedays for that week, just like this year.

Last edited by chiefxcel; 10-22-2004 at 06:04 PM..
Old 10-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Glad to see that. Something tells me that the old Packers-Bears rivalry just wouldnt be a very good game this year.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by chiefxcel
Friday, December 24th:

Green Bay at Minnesota (3:00 PM ET)

Saturday, December 25th:

Oakland at Kansas City (5:00 PM ET)
Denver at Tennessee (8:30 PM ET)
Awesome. The games sound like they could be very interesting. Well, I know what I'll be watching on Christmas Eve and Day.

Strider
Old 10-22-2004, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Strider
Awesome. The games sound like they could be very interesting. Well, I know what I'll be watching on Christmas Eve and Day.
my christmas day goes like this...

12:30 PM - Detroit Pistons @ Indiana Pacers
3:00 PM - Miami Heat @ LA Lakers
5:00 PM - Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs
8:30 PM - Denver Broncos @ Tennessee Titans

all that to go with presents, christmas dinner, and any good christmas movies that are on.. it's going to be a great christmas
Old 10-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Quote:

all that to go with presents, christmas dinner, and any good christmas movies that are on.. it's going to be a great christmas
hehe, yes it will be

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 10-23-2004, 05:38 AM
Quote:

Damn! I completely forgot about Kobe's Lakers vs. Shaq's Heat. Yeah, it's gonna be one awesome Christmas. Can't wait.

Strider
Old 10-23-2004, 09:10 AM
Can't wait either, only 2 months away...

Hmmmm, wonder why there's no Sunday nighter this week. Well I guess I could use a break from McGuire and Thiesman, anyone else on here just a little bit tired of these guys? And while we're at it, who is everybody's favorite announcer? For me it's probably a tie between Phil Simms and Dan Dierdorf.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Week 7

Ravens
Eagles
Rams
Seahawks
Giants
Colts
Bucs
Jets
Vikings
Chiefs
Panthers
Raiders
Cowboys
Bengals

my pics, and i wish there was a sunday nighter

any i like the fox crew of buck, aikman and collinsworth actually. for some reason *shrugs*

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 10-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Shake your head? That's it? My entire body shivers when I hear the name of Kerry Collins. He's playing horribly right now, showing no signs of improvement, and in the meantime, leading the Raiders into ultimate destruction.

Strider
Yeah. The Kollins "fuck up" Volcano becomes only a mild tremor and confusing headache by the time it passes through three time zones and into Ohio.

Speaking of the Raiders, apparently Jerry Porter is pissed. He found out that the Raiders had him on the trade block along with Teyo Johnson and Langston Walker.

Check it out in this column "Porter looking to leave Raiders"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ight&type=lgns

Who's next?
Old 10-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sharkstank
i like the fox crew of buck, aikman and collinsworth actually. for some reason
that's a good crew, aikman is my all time fav QB, he's the man, and collinsworth is quite good also.. don't care for buck at all though, speaking of which, I'm hearing him right now
Old 10-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Dolphins Win!!!!!

Wow we finally won a game. Beat the Rams 31-14 in what I guess we can call an offensive explosion (for us at least). Hey 1 out of 7 ain't bad
Old 10-24-2004, 08:10 PM
The Dolphins won a game? No! It's can't be, it's impossible! Well, it looks like they will avoid going 0-16, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up 1-15 or 2-14. The Rams must be shocked right now.

Wow. Did you see the Chiefs today? They tore out the Falcons' guts and spread them across the field. What was the final score? 56 to 10? Damn! What a beating.

Kerry Collins actually performed much better today against the Saints (only one interception; can you believe it?), but the Raiders still lost again. This team looks absolutely pitiful. And I'm starting to feel very sorry for Norv Turner. He must be depressed.

The Patriots win their 21st straight game against the Jets, with a final score of 13 to 7. 13 to 7? Give me a fucking break! The Jets, somehow or someway, should and could have won this game. Both teams' performances, however you look at it, were very unimpressive. I'm telling you, I don't see how the Pats are winning these games. They're not dominating their opponents, winning games by a large margin, or playing impressive football. The only slightly "impressive" thing you could say about the Pats right now is their streak, and that's about it. Nothing else. Hell, there's only two undefeated (6-0) teams right now: the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles. From those two teams, in my opinion, the Eagles are much more impressive.

The Seahawks are running out of steam. They better be glad the Rams lost a game as well. It's going to be an all-out war between those two teams for the NFC West.

Strider

Last edited by Strider; 10-24-2004 at 08:25 PM..
Old 10-24-2004, 08:20 PM
Chiefs 56, Falcons 10

Wow...the Chiefs just pounded ass on the Falcons. Gigantic numbers all over the place here...

Eight rushing touchdowns (NFL record) against the number one run defense in the NFL.

The 56 points were the second most scored by the Chiefs, behind a game against the Chicago Bears (63, I believe).

271 yards against the Atlanta defense. 140 of them in the first half.

The Chiefs defense lit up the Falcons, too...zero passing touchdowns from Vick, 2 interceptions and 4 sacks.

4 touchdowns from Priest Holmes, 4 from Derrick Blaylock. It was Holmes' eighth game as a Chief with three or more touchdowns in a game.

Holmes had a game-high 139 yards this week. Fantasy league fans rejoice!

Holmes tied the NFL standard with four TDs rushing in one half. Those touchdowns also broke the record for most in a game against the Falcons who came in with 74.5 yards rushing allowed per game.

35 Points in the first half to Atlanta's 3. Ouch.

Last edited by jeo4; 10-24-2004 at 08:23 PM..
Old 10-25-2004, 05:12 AM
The thing about the pats is, they don't dominate teams or put up monster numbers, but they just play 60 minutes of solid, mistake-free football. Dillon can run 100 yards a game, Brady is maybe the best short passer, so they usually do a great job of eating clock giving opposing offenses less time to get into a groove. Also they're in alot of teams' heads, 21 straight wins is just scary, I don't think the confidence level when playing these guys is too high. They will lose about 3 games this year though, but they'll be one of the AFC contenders yet again. However, watch out for Indy, Jax, Pitts, Denver, and the Jets. The AFC is loaded, so I'm not sure if the Pats can go back to the Superbowl. We'll have to wait and see though.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Just thought I'd like to share with you a great hit from yesterdays Dolphins game...during a kick return, rookie Tony Bua smacked the hell out of 2 Rams defenders. It was sweeeeeet, both defenders had to be taken to the locker room for x-rays. He'll most likely get fined for it since he left his feet, but it's still sweet.

Old 10-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Well I almost had it with all 3 of my stupid rivals losing as Phily just escaped with a victory and the Giants and Cowboys lost I said the Cowboys defense would fail this year and it has while watching (or actually better being forced to watch) the Giants/Lions game I can see that this Lions team is a little bit better than some people think and could actually challenge for a wild card spot.

Atlanta has a great run defense which means Kansas City shoudl walk all over them right? Is that supposed to make sense.

And I'm convinced that the Rams are the most confusing team in the league especially when you lose to fucking Miami.

Also I did get to see the NY Jets-New England game strange thing is my cousin lives an hour and a half from me and supposedly he has the same CBS I do(from Detroit) but he got the 1:00 game Minnesota-Tennessee and I got the 4:00 game NY Jets-New England Like we have the same CBS stations from Detroit and we get 2 different games?
Old 10-25-2004, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cunning Visions
Just thought I'd like to share with you a great hit from yesterdays Dolphins game...during a kick return, rookie Tony Bua smacked the hell out of 2 Rams defenders. It was sweeeeeet, both defenders had to be taken to the locker room for x-rays. He'll most likely get fined for it since he left his feet, but it's still sweet.

Yes that migh just go doen as the block/hit of the year. SHIT! ESPN replayed it with the on field sounds and, wow, it had to hurt.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cunning Visions

[IMG]
Is it just me, or does it look like he delivers one badass elbow drop at the end?
Old 10-25-2004, 02:22 PM
It looked kind of like a big splash slam to me.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jeo4
It looked kind of like a big splash slam to me.
But you're missing that corkscrew twist at the end!
Old 10-25-2004, 06:52 PM
The NFL gets crazier and crazier.. MIAMI WON A GAME!? AGAINST ST. LOUIS OF ALL TEAMS? That's very shocking, yet hilarious.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:52 AM
I remember the Chiefs losing to the Bengals by about 5 points last year and Broncos fans giving me shit. Last night, Denver lost 23-10. Let me just say...

Last edited by jeo4; 10-26-2004 at 12:36 PM..
Old 10-26-2004, 01:19 PM
Week 8 Picks

Arizona over Buffalo - This game shouldn't even be allowed to happen. It's time to give Bledsoe his gold watch party and hang it up. The Bills want to win again.

Cincinatti over Tennessee - Speaking of parties, I'll bet the Bengals put on a big bash after routing the Broncos last night in the biggest upset in MNF's last ten years.

Philadelphia over Baltimore - What...you thought I'd pick the Ravens for an upset?? Nope. That won't happen until week 9 against the Steelers.

Minnesota over NY Giants - With both barrels fully loaded. The Giants are pretty much fucked.

Green Bay over Washington - My heart goes out to you, Brett Favre. Losing a father, a brother-in-law, and now your wife has breast cancer. Very sad, but it may be what propels you to a win over the 'Skins. Then again, there's that Portis guy and his pesky offense...

Jacksonville over Houston - Routing the Texans will not be easy, but the Jags are on fire.

Kansas City over Indianapolis - Upset special. I believe in the Chiefs offense and defense this week. They were a solid working unit against Atlanta. With McCleon out of the corner position and Bartee in, that should help against the Manning passing offense. And the Colts defense is leaking like a sieve. I look for a repeat of the playoff game...only this time, the Chiefs' defense will stop the Colts from scoring on at least a couple of occassions. Don't let me down, KC!!

Detroit over Dallas - Okay, Cowboys...you went terribly wrong on me too many times to make me think you can pull off a win against the emerging Lions (who by the way had a fun day with the Giants)...prove me wrong and I'll reconsider picking you for a win again. For now, you're just not NFL caliber. And it's a damn good thing the Rams don't play this week...I'd have an aneurysm bitching their sorry asses out. Luckily, there's Seattle to deal with.

Carolina over Seattle - Okay, Seahawks - you've done us wrong. AGAIN. You lost to the Cardinals. Another soft team that your offense and defense should have had no trouble with. You look like the Goat Of The Week to me. And you look like an easy target for even the hobbling Panthers. I'd be delighted if you proved me wrong, but I have as much faith in you as I do the Cowboys. (None.)

Chicago over San Francisco - I flipped a coin. Either one is capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

San Diego over Oakland - New coaches, check...new acquisitions in the draft, check...new acquisitions from some very good trades, check. A lot of pissed off fans in the black hole, check. One more check left...a check in the winning record column for the season. The Raiders are talent-rich, just not quite there on the scheme. The Chargers will score this important win.

Denver over Atlanta - I see dead people...in Falcons uniforms! The Broncos' D-line will be too much for Vick and Co.

New England over Pittsburgh - Barely.

NY Jets over Miami - Monday Night Massacre.

Last edited by jeo4; 10-27-2004 at 09:30 AM..
Old 10-26-2004, 01:27 PM
Re: Week 8 Picks

Quote:
Originally posted by jeo4
Arizona over Buffalo - This game shouldn't even be allowed to happen. It's time to give Bledsoe his gold watch party and hang it up. The Bills want to win again.
And believe it or not Global will show this game because supposedly there is a fascination in Southern Ontario that everyone cheers for the Buffalo Bills.

Please anybody in Southern Ontario please tell me how many Bills fans there really are and I swear to fucking god if they show this game I will fucking kill someone there.

I'm serious
Old 10-27-2004, 03:02 AM
Minnesota over NY Giants - Randy Moss is expected to play more this week and Culpepper should rip into that Giants secondary.

Philadelphia over Baltimore - I'm strongly rooting for Baltimore here and think they can definitely pull this one off, but I'll pick Philly just to be on the safe side.

Green Bay over Washington - The Packers offense is rolling and they face a great test, but I think they'll squeak it out.

Jacksonville over Houston - Jax are definitely for real, and they bring it every Sunday, making the big plays when they matter most. Sound familiar?

Buffalo over Arizona - Buffalo will win this thanks to their defense. And Global/CH piss off and quit showing Buffalo games on TV!!!

Dallas over Detroit - Come on, Detroit's gotta lose on the road sometime!

Cincinatti over Tennessee - Johnson and Johnson will both have big games, putting Cincinatti back in the mix in the AFC North.

Indianapolis over Kansas City - This game will be alot like last years AFC Divisional playoff battle, and will have the same result.

Denver over Atlanta - Mike Vick will have another bad day, especially going against a defense like Denver's.

Seattle over Carolina - Seattle's back at home where they feel much more comfortable, and they'll get back on track and tie St. Louis for first in the division.

Pittsburgh over New England - Pats will squeak it out in a very close and exciting game, don't miss it!

San Diego over Oakland - This will be a close one I think, but Chargers will want it more and LT will have a big day.

San Francisco over Chicago - Rattay actually looks pretty good, and will give the 49ers their 2nd win of the season.

NY Jets over Miami - Jets should rebound and hand Miami yet another loss.

Last edited by chiefxcel; 10-27-2004 at 05:46 AM..
Old 10-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Indianapolis over Kansas City - This game will be alot like last years AFC Divisional playoff battle, and will have the same result.
I sure hope not! How many times can the Colts win over the Chiefs??

Old 10-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Minnesota over NY Giants - The Giants are crashing back down to where they belong.

Baltimore over Philadelphia - Why you ask well Phily is actually playing a secondary that is actually better than any of the team they have played so far and I will love to see Ed Reed or Ray Lewis pound the shit out of McNabb.

Washington over Green Bay - I think finally the Redskins passing game connects as Green Bay will have a hell of a time vs the #1 defense

Jacksonville over Houston - Leftwhich and Carr will be 2 QBs we will be hearing about for a long time

Arizona over Buffalo - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Detroit over Dallas - Dallas' overrated defense is now ranked #25 HAHA!!

Cincinnati over Tennessee - Cincinnati starts on a roll as Tennessee continues to tumble.

Indianapolis over Kansas City - KC has no D and Indy's offense can't be stopped.

Denver over Atlanta - Denver is pissed from Monday night loss but not as much as Atlanta is from getting blown out by 46 points.

Seattle over Carolina - Seattle still fucking lost to Arizona

New England over Pittsburgh - Sorry Rosthlisburger you lose this one

San Diego over Oakland - man does Oakland look like crap or what

San Francisco over Chicago - The worst Sunday Night game of the year between a team with no name players and a team who dosen't have a QB

NY Jets over Miami - The Jets are not ST. Louis and won't choke to a team that only has a defense and barely anything on offense.

Now please Global/CH or whoever please do not show the Arizona-Buffalo game even if you do show a game I'm going to get anyways please do not show that game and quit showing Buffalo games.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Pittsburgh over New England - Don't like the Pats much, still praying for a team to upset them. Two way street here: I can watch Pats fans as they hang up their streak and be happy, or be thrilled because the loss puts Pittsburgh to 5-2. Ah, fuck it. I'm keeping me prediction.

Philly over Baltimore - Five words: No Jamal Lewis, Jonathan Ogden.

Miami over Jets - Pennington isn't getting it done with his wideouts. Miami's D owns most RB's.

Indy over KC - One thing Indy has that KC doesn't: WIDE RECEIVERS.

Broncos over Atlanta - I'm probably done rooting against Denver for the rest of the year. Plus I hate Vick. Maybe we'll get to see some 'legal but cheap' chop shot on Michael Vick.

Minnesota over NYG - I really thing NY has been over rated. Yes, they beat Green Bay, that's the only eye brow raising team that they've beat, but even Green Bay has been totally inconsistent this year.

Houston over Jax - I really like this Houston team, and the way Jax always draws close games, they are going to falter on some of them. This I think is one.

Detroit over Dallas - Please catch a TD pass Roy. I'm finally starting you in my fantasy league. Don't piss me off. (Last game I started him was the lone game he didn't score)

Redskins over GB - GB is inconsistent, and I think maybe the Skins offense might actually start clicking.

Cinci over Tennessee - McNair likely out, shoddy Tenny team this year, add it all up and its just what the dr. ordered for a team still hopped up after that monday night win! However, losing to all 3 division rivals already still leaves you kinda fucked.

Seattle over Carolina - Look out kids, Uncle Mike is pissed!

Chargers over Oakland - And we all thought they'd have the #1 pick in the draft.

Arizona over Buffalo - I like this young team.

San Francisco over Chicago - SF doesn't do horrible with the talent that they have got. Keep in mind they damn near shocked the Jets a few weeks ago, and fucked Atlanta right in the asshole. And allow me to steal this quote from Dave Goldberg via AP Sports:

"Tim Rattay is an NFL quarterback. Craig Krenzel, Jonathan Quinn and Chad Hutchinson aren't."
Old 10-31-2004, 08:04 PM
THE STREAK IS FINALLY OVER!!!!!!

And it's about time! I'm just so incredibly happy that the Steelers kicked the Patriots' asses, and gave them their first loss of the season. I had a strong gut feeling about the Steelers, especially how well Ben Roethlisberger and the team is playing right now. I predicted they would win the game, and they did! How appropriate those damn Patriots lose their first game on Halloween night.

Strider
Old 10-31-2004, 08:16 PM
Speaking of streaks, the Eagles are 7-0, for the very first time in team history. They didn't have a great performance against the Ravens today, but they're still kicking ass and taking names. Next week, they're going to face the red-hot Steelers. That should be a great game.

I think it's safe to say that the Raiders are finished. They're a fucking pathetic team, and may just be tied with the Dolphins as the worst team in the NFL right now. I'm a die-hard Raiders fan, but they just suck. If you want to cheer on a California football team, cheer on the Chargers. Forget about the Raiders and the 49ers; pretend they don't exist.

Strider

Last edited by Strider; 10-31-2004 at 08:19 PM..
Old 10-31-2004, 10:46 PM
Quote:
THE STREAK IS FINALLY OVER!!!!!!

And it's about time! I'm just so incredibly happy that the Steelers kicked the Patriots' asses, and gave them their first loss of the season. I had a strong gut feeling about the Steelers, especially how well Ben Roethlisberger and the team is playing right now. I predicted they would win the game, and they did! How appropriate those damn Patriots lose their first game on Halloween night.

Strider
One curse ends and a streak ends.

The Steal played a great game and the Pats didnt have it from the first play. 21 games is a record no one will beat.

See you at the super bowl.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:50 PM
What the fuck just happened today?? There were a ton of upsets. Man, my picks this week are just a fucked up mess! Oh well. At least the Chiefs won over Indy. Awesome game, too. And on top of it, the Steelers whipped up on the Pats AND the Broncos got their asses handed to them by the Falcons! Life is good for me this week. Now if the Chiefs can just keep their streak going for a change, they might make it to the playoffs. Hell, if they play like they have for the last two games, they may even win a game there, too.

I agree with Strider. The Chargers are on fire. And much like last season, Oakland is falling apart. Very sad to see, actually.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:56 AM
Terrell Owens pissed me off today, always avoiding Ray Lewis at all costs, going towards the sidelines even when he'd make a catch near the middle.. and then mocking Lewis after getting a touchdown... ran away from Lewis all day and then mocks him, what a dumb move.. Lewis wasn't too happy about it obviously.

``Don't be a coward and wait until you make one play to do something,'' Lewis said.

Amen.

Last edited by chiefxcel; 11-01-2004 at 04:38 AM..
Old 11-01-2004, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Haddonfield
See you at the super bowl.
I certainly hope so. I would love to see the Patriots suffer the ultimate defeat at the Super Bowl, by the hands of the NFC champions.

Strider
Old 11-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Drew Brees has a fire under his ass.

Who thinks that next season he'll get the Jon Kitna treatment? Or does anyone feel that he'll go and Rivers will stay or vice-versa?

I can see the Chargers trading Rivers for a #1 pick, and that would be... *ahem* three first round picks in the 2006 draft.

Oh, Oakland? You can start calling them about Rivers ASAP.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Here's some irony to chew on!

John Lynch is out 2-4 weeks with a fractured tailbone. He received it via a block by Falcons wideout Brian Finneran. The hit was legal, but... get this... Lynch didn't see it coming! Trainers helped Lynch up, and he proceeded to hobble to the Falcons huddle and shout at them for the hit.

FACTS:

Lynch was fined in week one for an illegal hit on Dante Hall.

Lynch is a Denver Bronco.

Denver coach Mike Shanahan said the block appeared legal, ``but it was one of those blindside shots that kind of catches you off guard.''

And yes, fuckers I am a Bengals fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 11-01-2004, 05:33 PM
It's funny you should mention this. The Broncos are getting a rotten reputation for chop blocks that injure players. Paul Zimmerman (Dr. Z) has an article on this subject.

Go here to read it.

Oh, and after last Monday night, I looooooove the Bengals.