#2881  
Old 04-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1234 View Post
Haha, nothing is better than seeing Jerry Jones' face late in the fourth quarter watching his beloved NFC East Champs again faltering in the playoffs.
Agree, his expressions are priceless while watching his beloved Cowboys choke.
Reply With Quote
  #2882  
Old 04-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post
I cringe everytime you post something man. Michael Vick is a fucking moron. A millionare, who pissed it all away because he is an animal murdering piece of shit. I don't like him.

All I'm saying is to look back on his NFL career. Look at the 3 pro bowls, his stats, his playoff appearances, his game winning runs, his insane jukes, and ask yourself if he was a good player. I know his days are over. I know he's never playing again. I'm not asking that man.
And do you think I smile and get giddy when I see your posts? You fail to realize people have different opinions so I've decided to take some notes from your book and decide to play the "I'm right, you're wrong no matter what" card.

3 pro bowls does not equal the greatest athlete to ever play the game. Who knows what would have happened for another 10 years. He could have easily been injured or simply faded. Teams were already catching onto how to play Vick and that is why he did not lead his team to the playoffs his final year.

His stats AS A QB suck, there is no arguing that.

His playoff appearences? How is this an argument... who cares?

Game winning runs? Vince Young is already proving to be better than Vick was.

Insane Jukes. Yes, he was fun to watch from time to time but I don't watch football to see one player make "insane jukes", especially if its a QB. He should be throwing the ball not juking to look cool.

Olboj, Was Vick a good player? Yes, he WAS good but not great. Thus he is OVER RATED!
Reply With Quote
  #2883  
Old 04-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post
That bullshit needs to stop.. none of you have any idea what you're talking about. Michael Vick was never found guilty of "killing dogs with his own hands". Ever.
Because he plea bargained.

And I never said he was a bad player. I said he was the Roy Munson of the NFL.
Reply With Quote
  #2884  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:09 PM
We all have our opinions.


Seriously though, who do you guys think had the best draft? In my opinion it's the Chiefs. I thought they got the best defensive player in the draft at #5, and they got a standout guard later in the first.
Reply With Quote
  #2885  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Chiefs definitely had a nice draft. I thought the Packers were smart to give Rodgers some competition this year. The offense Brohm ran at Louisville his first three years, where he lit up the fucking scoreboard is nearly a carbon copy of Green Bay's current offense. He'll be a good QB for them. And although I am obviously biased, I was very pleased with the draft of my beloved Bills. We got the best CB in the draft, and a stud WR in James Hardy. I love his size, and I love his 36 TD's even more.
Reply With Quote
  #2886  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Hey man, you're not just biased.. I thought the Bills had a pretty solid draft too. They need a CB to keep up with the Pats. That's why my Jets took Gholston first.. who I'm really happy with. Guy had more sacks and tackles for losses last year then Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey. We'll see how that pans out!


BTW do you guys think the Giants will repeat? I don't want any biased answers. Do you think they're getting back to the Super Bowl? I honestly dont think they'll make it back to the championship game. I see them getting in as a wildcard again, and not repeating the magic. That's just me though.. anything can happen.
Reply With Quote
  #2887  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post
That bullshit needs to stop.. none of you have any idea what you're talking about. Michael Vick was never found guilty of "killing dogs with his own hands". Ever. And nobody is saying he is a Hall of Famer. We're saying that he was a very talented football player, and his career was electrifying.
Vick admitted to it in court. He killed six dogs by strangulation. By he plea-bargained.

Get a new schtick.
Reply With Quote
  #2888  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Vick admitted to it in court. He killed six dogs by strangulation. By he plea-bargained.

Get a new schtick.
be easy buddy, I'm done with the Vick talk. Read my last post.
Reply With Quote
  #2889  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post
BTW do you guys think the Giants will repeat? I don't want any biased answers. Do you think they're getting back to the Super Bowl? I honestly dont think they'll make it back to the championship game. I see them getting in as a wildcard again, and not repeating the magic. That's just me though.. anything can happen.
Dallas will win the NFC East again, but if Eli plays like he did in the postseason they have a legit chance at making a run again. For them it's basically which Eli Manning shows up to determine how well they do.
Reply With Quote
  #2890  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post
On the contrary, you forgot something EVEN better.... seeing the Bills lose 4 straight Super Bowls, the last two at the hands of the mighty Cowboys, both being blowouts.
That was below the belt. There are some things you just don't say man.
Reply With Quote
  #2891  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:40 PM

edited... sorry I "went there." The Cowboys aren't even my "main" team. I don't know why I get so defensive about them, maybe because I'm from Dallas.
Reply With Quote
  #2892  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Yeah.. I'm a Jets fan, and even tho the Bills are our rivals I still feel bad for all their fans. But at least you guys aren't the Jets. Win Super Bowl 3 and never return lol.. not even to lose. Heading to 4 straight super bowls is awesome, no matter if you lost them all.. it's still a dominant statement made that the Buffalo Bills WERE the AFC in the early 90's.
Reply With Quote
  #2893  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post
edited... sorry I "went there." The Cowboys aren't even my "main" team. I don't know why I get so defensive about them, maybe because I'm from Dallas.
It's all good it made me laugh.
Reply With Quote
  #2894  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:43 PM
yeah all this vick talk makes me angry and want to kill someone. As a diehard falcon fan he was my hero, but now its numb. I cant say I hate him cause I dont. I'm just crushed and so is everyone in Georgia. It would be easy for me to call him an asshole, a piece of shit, and an evil person, but without him the past 6 seasons would have been worse. Being a season-ticket holder I can say that nobody has ever played the game like him, if only ATL had some receivers during those years theres no telling what could have happened. but that chapter is over, bring on MATT RYAN!!!!!!! (or just give joey another chance, why not)

As for the draft the chiefs had a great one, and I hate to say it but the panthers quietly put together a nice looking one as well.
Reply With Quote
  #2895  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post
We all have our opinions.


Seriously though, who do you guys think had the best draft? In my opinion it's the Chiefs. I thought they got the best defensive player in the draft at #5, and they got a standout guard later in the first.
Agreed. The Chiefs loaded up. It may be an unfair advantage to have a dozen picks, but Kansas City had to work to get them, I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #2896  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky4fingerz View Post
bring on MATT RYAN!!!!!!! (or just give joey another chance, why not)
I think Chris Redman looked better than Joey Harrington last season.
Reply With Quote
  #2897  
Old 04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
As a Packers fan I hated their draft. I don't really think they helped any spot but the QB, I do agree it was a good idea for them to give Rodgers a legit threat to take his spot. Other than Brohm I didn't like any other pick.

Chiefs won it hands down in my opinion. In 2-3 years they could be a force. I also think the Raiders had a pretty decent draft. At least they drafted positions they desperately needed help at.
Reply With Quote
  #2898  
Old 04-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Some thoughts on the draft.

Liked what the Redskins did the traded out of the 1st round and still got some great value in the 2nd round getting 2 of the 3 top WRs in the draft Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly and getting a TE Fred Davis I wasn't sure about that but if he ends up being a good player maybe they can use both him and Cooley. I just wished they would have filled out a need for a pass rushing DE which they have lacked for years.

You know I think the Jets fans there just make me laugh they boo Miami's pick then when the Raiders take McFadden because they wanted him so badly and then they boo their own pick out of spite and then just boo New England when they make their pick.

That's just funny.

Oh and Green Bay drafting a QB in round 2 to backup Aaron Rodgers just puzzles me great way to show confidence in him and instead of picking up something of need and signing a veteran QB they do this instead.
Reply With Quote
  #2899  
Old 04-28-2008, 08:04 PM
The Jets fans booed Miami's pick because that's their rivals. McFadden got booed by a lot of people there, mainly dallas fans and new york fans. New England got booed by EVERYONE lol, it was really funny. Gholston got cheered by the Jets fans.

I think the Skins had a great draft. I think the Steelers had a great draft. Miami, Kansas City, and Dallas also had solid drafts.

I think the Pack drafted Brohm to light a fire under Aaron Rodgers' ass. He can't just assume the team is his.. he has to fight for it. Not to mention having Favre retired leaves them with slim pickings at backup QB, they need some depth at that position now.
Reply With Quote
  #2900  
Old 04-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post
I think the Pack drafted Brohm to light a fire under Aaron Rodgers' ass. He can't just assume the team is his.. he has to fight for it. Not to mention having Favre retired leaves them with slim pickings at backup QB, they need some depth at that position now.
I think thought signing a veteran QB or a another decent QB probably would be better. Like I see the point of not completely giving him the team and giving him some competition but I don't think using your first draft pick on a QB in the 2nd round is the right move.
Reply With Quote
  #2901  
Old 04-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1234 View Post
I think Chris Redman looked better than Joey Harrington last season.
I couldnt really say. Redmans rating against the bucs was 0.0 but he did do an awesome job vs. the seahawks, but that was more of a team effort.
Reply With Quote
  #2902  
Old 04-30-2008, 06:55 PM
How About That?
ESPN's NFL Draft experts Todd McShay and Mel Kiper each got just 22.6% (7-of-31) first round mock draft picks right. -- Cold, Hard Football Facts


Just another reason to hate Mel Kiper. 22.6%? What a fucking hack, he gets paid year-around for this. Mediocre is an understatement.
Reply With Quote
  #2903  
Old 04-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olboj View Post
How About That?
ESPN's NFL Draft experts Todd McShay and Mel Kiper each got just 22.6% (7-of-31) first round mock draft picks right. -- Cold, Hard Football Facts


Just another reason to hate Mel Kiper. 22.6%? What a fucking hack, he gets paid year-around for this. Mediocre is an understatement.
hahaha I agree.. I hate him and Todd McShay so much. They both have no idea what theyre talking about. McShay thought that JJ Arrington was the best pick of the draft 2 years ago lol
Reply With Quote
  #2904  
Old 05-02-2008, 12:45 PM
As a Packer fan, I am going to defend their picks. GM Ted Thompson has this whole theory that you draft the best player possible regardless of position. It is not a theory I necessarily agree with, however, considering we got to the NFC Championship game and barely lost that to the Super Bowl champions, I'd say it might have worked at least last year.

Now last year's Packer draft class was not great, with our first round pick looking pretty bad. Guys like RB Brandon jackson, Deshaun Wynn RB, WR James Jones, S Aaron Rouse, FB Korey Stringer, and Kicker, Mason Crosby showed some promise but ultimately had their problems last year.

This year's draft is more encouraging in my oppinion. WR Jordy Nelson is the perfect receiver for our offense. He fights for every yard much like Driver and Jennings do. Driver isn't getting any younger, and James Jones and Koren Robinson are not starting receivers. Drafting Brohm and Flynn is good because we need insurance for a QB postion. This is better than picking up a veteran in terms of Rodgers insurance. Rodgers is more likely to lose confidence if the Packers have a guy like Daunte Culpepper or Byron Leftwich who have proved that they can succeed at some level. Even Craig Nall because of his experience with the Packers would threaten Rodgers. However, with rookies behind him Rodgers knows it will take a lot for a championship contender to put their fate in the hands of a Brohm or God-forbid a Flynn. I like some of the other picks as well including the CB from Auburn who plays the bump and run defense and the TE from Texas who has pretty good hands. If they can make him a good blocker he will make a good number two tight end to Donald Lee.

As for the Falcons they should start Redman. Don't let Ryan become the next Tim Couch or David Carr.
Reply With Quote
  #2905  
Old 05-02-2008, 04:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3378829

Report: Harrison investigated in shooting outside bar

Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison is under investigation in his hometown of Philadelphia in a shooting that took place earlier this week, a source close to the investigation told Anthony Gargano of Philadelphia's WIP Radio.


The shooting reportedly occurred early Tuesday afternoon outside a North Philadelphia bar owned by Harrison.

Harrison has yet to be arrested or charged with the crime.

The source said the alleged victim came into the bar, Playmakers, around 5 p.m. and engaged in an argument with Harrison, who was at the bar. The victim then left the bar, heading to his car, with Harrison following. Gunfire broke out, the victim was hit in the hand, and a young girl was slightly injured by flying glass from a car that apparently was hit by a bullet.

Police came to scene, but the victim did not identify a shooter. On Wednesday, according to the source, ballistic tests showed that the gun that had fired the shots was a custom-made Belgian weapon, and police determined that Harrison owned such a gun.

Police then went to a Philadelphia car wash owned by Harrison to question him about the gun. Harrison admitted owning such a weapon, but claimed it never left his suburban Philadelphia home.

However, the source said the gun was discovered in a bucket at the car wash, and tests showed that it had fired seven bullets that matched those found at the scene.

The source said police were contacted Friday by an attorney representing a second alleged victim in the shooting, and police are now waiting for that individual to come forward.

Calls from ESPN to reach Harrison, his agent and the Colts for comment had not been returned.





-------------------


Well, that certainly came outta left field. Of all the players to be questioned regarding a shooting I would not have picked Harrison. Hmmmm... the further you get into the article the more and more you keep saying "guilty". Very odd.
Reply With Quote
  #2906  
Old 05-15-2008, 06:43 PM
5 - 15 - 2008...... NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS STILL THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!

Mmmmmmm, tastes like winning.
Reply With Quote
  #2907  
Old 05-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Dear New York Jets Defensive Line,

This is Tom Brady:


This is what he said recently:
Quote:
“It was really a great game,” Brady — speaking during a 35-minute interview on The Big Show on Sports Radio 850 WEEI Radio — said of New England’s 17-14 loss to the Giants in Super Bowl XLII. “I wish we would’ve played better at certain times, but [the Giants] made the plays and they deserved it.

“And I have a lot of respect for that team because they work hard, and they have a lot of great leaders on that team. It’s kind of a blue-collar team. When you do lose a game, you at least want to lose to guys you respect. And I certainly respect those guys. I don’t respect everybody, but I do respect the Giants.”

When asked who he didn’t respect, Brady said simply, “There’s four letters in their name.” When host Glenn Ordway asked, “Those green guys?” Brady laughed and responded, “Yeah, exactly.”

The Jets, of course, have four letters in their name and wear green.
Pin that quote on each of your lockers, and remember it when you face the Patriots this year (especially when it's on the NFL Network). Remember what the Giants defensive line did in the Super Bowl? Do that.



To Vernon Gholston: Bring the pain...when you feel like it, of course.

With love,
A disgruntled Jets fan.*

*shit, i'll be happy just to win the division. It won't happen anytime soon, but I can hope....right?
*wants Clemens to win starting job
*loves Pennington, but seriously, why bother anymore?
*is happy with Alan Faneca
Reply With Quote
  #2908  
Old 05-21-2008, 03:33 AM
Matt Ryan just got a shit-ton of money. I think Atlanta plans on starting him now. Humm, this will be interesting. I cant fucking wait when the Falcons prove the whole world wrong (not like go to the superbowl or anything, but USA Today has them ranked 32nd. That is fucking insane!).
Reply With Quote
  #2909  
Old 05-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeRay View Post
Dear New York Jets Defensive Line,

This is Tom Brady:


This is what he said recently:


Pin that quote on each of your lockers, and remember it when you face the Patriots this year (especially when it's on the NFL Network). Remember what the Giants defensive line did in the Super Bowl? Do that.



To Vernon Gholston: Bring the pain...when you feel like it, of course.

With love,
A disgruntled Jets fan.*

*shit, i'll be happy just to win the division. It won't happen anytime soon, but I can hope....right?
*wants Clemens to win starting job
*loves Pennington, but seriously, why bother anymore?
*is happy with Alan Faneca

I think it's kinda funny that the only team Brady doesn't respect is the team that alerted the league to their massive amount of cheating. I can sense some bitterness there. Really though, is there any other type of sore loser comment you can get besides that? The Jets get rocked by the pats every year, he doesn't even need to talk about them but he goes out of his way to say he doesn't respect them because of the spygate shit. I'm sure if any other team noticed what the jets did, they would have said something. I guess he's just upset that he won't have bellichick letting him know what blitz is coming next anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #2910  
Old 05-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky4fingerz View Post
Matt Ryan just got a shit-ton of money. I think Atlanta plans on starting him now. Humm, this will be interesting. I cant fucking wait when the Falcons prove the whole world wrong (not like go to the superbowl or anything, but USA Today has them ranked 32nd. That is fucking insane!).
I have them ranked last as well. They are going to suck real bad this year. I'll be surprised if they win one.

Downgraded on defense
Rookie QB
Former 2nd string running back starting = unproven starter
No offensive line
No Tight ends

There is absolutely no upside to the Falcons
Reply With Quote
  #2911  
Old 05-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Totally agree with Kings. The Falcons are in for some further dark times.
Reply With Quote
  #2912  
Old 05-21-2008, 02:29 PM
when week 17 comes I will have my say, and I will remember what you 2 have said. Page 73, I have it written down. lol, really though, I hope they do awesome because I live for this team, I've never missed a snap. I'm tired of all these shitty seasons but this year I have a great feeling.
-New coach that the players like.
-New face of the franchise (mike vick is now a memory)
-Roddy White had his breakout year last year and is improving every game
-Brian Finneran is finally back
-Keith Brooking has been moved back to outside LB
-Tunner and Norwood in the backfield for the 1-2 punch
- Sam Baker to help out a sorry o-line
- And finally, its the fucking NFC south, anything could happen!
Reply With Quote
  #2913  
Old 05-22-2008, 02:38 AM
Jason Taylor might lose his job in Miami

I'm actually kind of shocked. It's kind of odd Miami would get rid of their one star player. I know Parcells isn't coaching, but he has a knack for turning teams around. Could this be part of the plan? As a fan of an AFC East team, it makes me nervous.

Also not pleased, is the Robo-Taylor. All hail Robo-Taylor.

Reply With Quote
  #2914  
Old 06-01-2008, 04:08 AM
More drama going on in Dallas. This team needs to prove they can actually win in the playoffs before they start bullshitting amongst each other. Romo is awesome but gets flustered in the playoffs... their meltdown against the giants was one of the saddest things I've ever seen.
Reply With Quote
  #2915  
Old 06-02-2008, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post
More drama going on in Dallas. This team needs to prove they can actually win in the playoffs before they start bullshitting amongst each other. Romo is awesome but gets flustered in the playoffs... their meltdown against the giants was one of the saddest things I've ever seen.
They'll make it back to the playoffs. Thier top-notch on both fronts, but just got unlucky against the Giants. If they lose again though I officially dub Tony Romo the A-Rod of football.

Ugh, two more months until the preseason. All this speculation is boring.
Reply With Quote
  #2916  
Old 06-02-2008, 03:11 AM
Jason Taylor continues on as the most dominant story of the offseason as he claims that he's not demanding a trade, only that he'd like to finish out his final year of football on a winning team.

I bet Bill Parcells really likes the guy now.
Reply With Quote
  #2917  
Old 06-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith fan View Post
Jason Taylor continues on as the most dominant story of the offseason as he claims that he's not demanding a trade, only that he'd like to finish out his final year of football on a winning team.

I bet Bill Parcells really likes the guy now.
He's fishing for a ring, huh?

Team pride, ftw.
Reply With Quote
  #2918  
Old 06-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeRay View Post
He's fishing for a ring, huh?

Team pride, ftw.
If he was fishing for a ring, he would demand the trade . . . to New England, Indianapolis, San Diego . . . anywhere but Miami.
Reply With Quote
  #2919  
Old 06-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
If he was fishing for a ring, he would demand the trade . . . to New England, Indianapolis, San Diego . . . anywhere but Miami.
I'm pretty sure that's what he meant when he said he wanted to play for a good team. I like the way he's trying to sweet talk his way into making it sound like he is an honorable guy. Past all of the bullshit it's obvious : He's demanding to get out of Miami. The End.

Do you really think he's gonna give it his ALL this year if he's stuck on that horrible team?
Reply With Quote
  #2920  
Old 06-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post
Do you really think he's gonna give it his ALL this year if he's stuck on that horrible team?
.... should he?

I don't understand why people villify athletes who want to finish their careers with a chance to play some meaningful football. Taylor is being penalized because he's still a great player, and that's not fair. People like Sam Cassell can talk about how well he'd fit in with the Celtics while he was still a member of the Clippers, but Taylor is quitting on his team? I support Taylor 100%. He should want out. He owes them nothing. This is the NFL. Teams cut ties with players all the time when they decide it's not the right fit, and players have the same right to pursue a similar course of action. It'll be harder to trade him now than it would have been before the draft, but we'll see.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump