Old 11-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Just wanted to chime in one more time about the last Rams game.

Found this at AOL

------------------------------

What can you say about a team that has to reach so far down on its defensive depth chart that it puts a top-notch wide receiver, Troy Brown, in the defensive backfield, next to a rookie free agent, against one of the most dangerous passing attacks in the league?

(Or a team that lets a linebacker catch a touchdown pass or has its placekicker throw another touchdown pass, but that digresses. This is about the Patriots' defense.)

Under these circumstances, it would have been difficult for most teams in the league to stop even Boller's passing game at home. For the Patriots to beat the Rams on the road the way they did, well, that's why they're the champs.

Of course, the Patriots got some help, too, from another of those strange Mike Martz game plans. Too often, Martz stubbornly has refused to use the run in the past, directing a lopsided, pass-happy offense that sometimes had the result of getting his quarterback hurt and his defense exposed. So, on a day when the Rams could have been excused for throwing on every play, Martz went balanced on us.

But that's why he's Mike Martz. And why the other guy is Bill Belichick. Anyone who forgets how important coaching is, even at this level, does so at his own peril.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Tampa over Atlanta - I really like the groove that Tampa is getting into, and all of their replacements due to injuries are at least starting quality. I hear Griese's comeback accuracy is partly due to his off-season hobby when his homeboys shout "throw me a beer!" Clayton is steadily improving, and Pittman is putting up some modest numbers here and there. They 'control their own destiny' from here on out, but I see them doing no better than 8-8 or 9-7. That doesn't mean that they still can't beat this overachieving and overrated Atlanta team that is poised to win the very weak AFC south. I hope the Falcons choke here on out.

Pittsburgh over Cleveland - Big money should have kept his mouth shut. I see penalty after penalty in this game where Roethlisberger will be given a lot of great field position power.

Indianapolis over Houston - Manning and Company will now start to steadily pull far far away with the lead in this tough ass division.

Jacksonville over Detroit - It's really a toss up here. Williams seems to be the type of 100% or nothin receiver so far with his bum ankle. And without Roy Roy, there isn't much stellar about the Lions. The Jags D should keep Harrington flustered enough to keep control of this low scoring game. (Prediction: 45 yards rushing for Detroit, MAX)

KC over New Orleans - New Orleans will straight out job to the Chiefs in a game which they have the power to keep up with, but will falter.

Baltimore over NY Jets - I think Lewis and Co. can handle Martin and Carter. Moss and McCareins could be deadly, but nothing much has been proven so far.

St. Louis over Seattle - It's a 'he loves me, he loves me not' flower every week with Mike Martz, only that flower goes 'Me fookin stoopid, me fookin stoopid not'. This time around there'll be no rally. Martz will handle the mid-season Struggling Seahawks.

Tennessee over Chicago - Tennessee stays within distance in the AFC south after picking up this win on a sad team that's having a heartbreaking season.

Cincinatti over Washington - They're good enough. They're smart enough. And dog gone it, people like them.

Arizona over NY Giants - Yes! My big upset of the week. Boldin and Fitzy could soooo have a breakout game against an overachieving Giants team. I also like calling Emmitt Smith "Grandpa Touchdown".

Green Bay over Minnesota - Two games in a row I think I've been disappointed with the lack of fire in the 'Sota offense. Favre's been recovering from his personal and physical problems over the last few weeks, and should give Lambeau a good show.

San Fran over Carolina -
"We lose."
"No, WE lose!"
"Come on dude, you guys were in the Superbowl last year, let us lose!"
"No, fuck you guys, you dominated the 80s, we lose!!!"

The competition for the first pick of next year's draft begins.

New England over Buffalo - I so hope McGahee rips them a new ass.

Philly over Dallas - Someone break Owens' jaw. At least bruise a sternum or something.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Fuck em. The Packers that is. Hopefully that ass Farve gets whats coming to him arrogant prick. Even though I dont say it with alot confidence, the vikings will take those cheese-head fucks down in a close one.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:45 PM
EH? flip my prediction around and you have the result of the game. Either way Brett Farve is the most arrogant human being on this earth and I will hate him to my grave, and regardless of the standings, were seperated by only one game and the vikes have the lions next week (but the fudge packers have houston, fucking HOUSTON next week) so I dont see these standings going anywere. AND in my mine regardless of the numbers, the vikings are the better team. FUCK BRETT FARVE.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:15 PM
well your vikings sure love to collapse eh? weren't they just 5-1? keep your hateful comments to yourself, brett favre is one of the most respected players in the NFL..and one of the best QBs to ever grace the field... what's Minnesota done in the past couple decades? only going to be more of the same this year..
Old 11-14-2004, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by chilli pepper
EH? flip my prediction around and you have the result of the game. Either way Brett Farve is the most arrogant human being on this earth and I will hate him to my grave, and regardless of the standings, were seperated by only one game and the vikes have the lions next week (but the fudge packers have houston, fucking HOUSTON next week) so I dont see these standings going anywere. AND in my mine regardless of the numbers, the vikings are the better team. FUCK BRETT FARVE.
How is Brett Favre arrogant? He is having fun and acting like a kid. He is one of the best QB's ever, and he still plays better than 90 percent of QB's out there. He wins, plain and simple. And today, the Pack were the better team.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:00 PM
Great win for Cincinatti, though I seriously thought they were gonna royally fuck it up there in the fourth quarter.

4-5 is still good for someone that has high hopes like me. If they can finish 9-7 I'd be really happy. It's been since 91 I think when they had a winning record, and I think it, too, was 9-7.

"Babysteps", I suppose.

But in route of being 4-5 right now they must tackle another win to get to .500. The team they have to beat to get to .500?

Pittsburgh.

Yes. I'm sure you heard my voice echo just a moment ago, America. It went something like:

SON OF A BITCH!

Oh well. We had to take down Kansas City last year to show everyone it could be done. Now it's time to show everyone how grind Big Ben into a cup of Broth.

I actually chuckle to myself wondering if Cinci's rookie plagued backfield played against Miami of Ohio last year. If so, maybe he could give some pointers.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:57 AM

If there was hope of being in the playoffs for Kansas City after last weeks embarassing loss to Tampa Bay, it evaporated with yesterday's embarassing loss to New Orleans. And Next Monday night's game against the Patriots will seal our fate. Because there is no way we can beat the Pats. Not with the team we are bringing to the game.

Our defense is far and away the worst in the NFL. No tackling, no man to man coverage, no stopping the run. Shitty corners, shitty line, shitty attacks on the pocket. The scheme isn't the problem. The staff is the problem. If we don't draft some incredible linemen and great corners, we won't be back next year, either.

Where is our pass protection? Why were four men standing around a receiver and not covering him completely when he was WIDE OPEN?? What happened to them yesterday was deplorable. When your defense lets out four hundred yards of offense per game, then you don't win even WITH a fantastic offense!

While I'm on the subject, what the fuck is with our receivers? Why can't they stay on their feet, use some of the foot speed that God gave them and catch the fucking ball?! Eddie Kenison and Johnny Morton, I'm talking to you, motherfuckers! And what's with the cannonball lobs, Trent Green? Are you trying to kill players, or set a new record for the fastest interceptions thrown in NFL history?

So now I'm left to root for a shit team once again. And as always, I blame the man in charge for not managing his team in the off-season the way a GM SHOULD. Carl Peterson is a disgrace to this organization. the team shouldn't have to defend itself week after week, Carl. You should have done something when you could have in both the draft and in free agency during the off season instead of working on your fucking tan. Stupid asshole. I hope that he loses his job soon. He has no business in football with the half-ass job he's done during his tenure in office. It's been 35 years since the Chiefs have been in a Superbowl. It's been ten since they've won a playoff game. In 2005, it will have been twenty years since the Royals were in their last World Series. This city spends gobs of cash on its sports teams. Football tickets here are embarassingly high, with no positive results to show for it. A winning record would be nice at this point, considering that fans sure as fuck paid for it.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:42 AM
(Im too much of a lazy fuck to quote) Yeah, the Packers are the better team ::cringe::. And I do apologize for me being an ass and my football team starting off so well and fucking up EVERY YEAR (seeing them doing that ever since I was old enough to understand football bulids up alot of anger you know) i'd like to see, at least, a superbowl apperance before I fucking die. And aside from that, i'm a bias ass and I know it. (Ever get that feeling when your caught doing something in class and every one in the room is looking at you and your sure they're all thinking "what at a fucking ass"? Thats about were i'm at now) Me being a bias ass, I can be prone to spouting off shit like that, when the fact of the matter is the only reason I hate Farve is, he's on the PACKERS, my states bitter rival for ages, and not only that, all I ever hear about the man is how he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. SO, if I offended, pissed off,(or anything along those lines) anyone, I apologize at the end of the day I still hate the Packers, I just get carried away sometimes
Old 11-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDeadWalk
Great win for Cincinatti, though I seriously thought they were gonna royally fuck it up there in the fourth quarter.

Mark Brunell 1 for 8 for 6 fucking yards. What the fuck happened to this guy this guy isn't even close to the guy that he was in Jacksonville last year He's not hitting open recievers and then when Patrick Ramsey got in there(THANK GOD) his recievers are fucking dropping passes.

This dosen't get any easier with Phily and Pittsburgh next. Just if Dallas dosen't knockout Owens and McNabb I hope the Redskins do.

Now since I hate both Phily and Dallas but probably Dallas more since Phily has the division I want Phily to blow the shit out of that overrated Cowboys team and knock them out of the playoffs and that will be for the bullshit in week 3 while Roy Williams pounds the shit out of either McNabb, Owens or both.

Do I think Cincinnati has a shot at the playoffs. I don't know the way the AFC is Cincy will have to go 10-6 this year and I dought that will happen because I don't think a 9-7 team makes it in the AFC but more than likely in the NFC that will happen hell maybe even 8-8 makes it.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by horrorfreak13
Mark Brunell 1 for 8 for 6 fucking yards. What the fuck happened to this guy this guy isn't even close to the guy that he was in Jacksonville last year He's not hitting open recievers and then when Patrick Ramsey got in there(THANK GOD) his recievers are fucking dropping passes.

This dosen't get any easier with Phily and Pittsburgh next. Just if Dallas dosen't knockout Owens and McNabb I hope the Redskins do.

Now since I hate both Phily and Dallas but probably Dallas more since Phily has the division I want Phily to blow the shit out of that overrated Cowboys team and knock them out of the playoffs and that will be for the bullshit in week 3 while Roy Williams pounds the shit out of either McNabb, Owens or both.

Do I think Cincinnati has a shot at the playoffs. I don't know the way the AFC is Cincy will have to go 10-6 this year and I dought that will happen because I don't think a 9-7 team makes it in the AFC but more than likely in the NFC that will happen hell maybe even 8-8 makes it.
Yeah, 8-8 could actually win the NFC West.

I really doubt Cincinatti will go 10-6. Especially seeing as three of the teams they will have to be going through will be Pittsburgh, New England, and Philadelphia.

The Philadelphia game they will have a GREAT chance of winning, only because it's the last game of the year. If Philly clinches homefield advantage, then McNabb and T.O. will be sitting on the bench drinking gatorade.

So here's my rundown, (optimistic yet trying to be unbiased)

PITTSBURGH - They've been killing everyone. Expected to lose.

CLEVELAND - Should win.

BALTIMORE - As decent of a team they are, Cinci can usually squeeze out a 1-1 series with them every year. Plus I think Boller sucks.

NEW ENGLAND - They are expected to lose.

BUFFALO - I will seriously spend a day in fasting if they lose this game.

NY GIANTS - I think Toronto Ron called them 'overrated saps of shit' last year. Well, they still are.

PHILADELPHIA - For reasons stated above, I think star playmakers will be riding the bench, maybe even good old Westbrook along with McNabb and T.O. Philly will be thinking playoffs, not showing off in the jungle. A very much can-win game.

So I believe they can go 5-2 the rest of the season if the play hard enough, and the offense starts clicking more. (Not to mention the defense....)

That would put them at 9-7 and it could, but not likely earn them the playoffs. I would still be happy though, seeing them in a winning season.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDeadWalk
So here's my rundown, (optimistic yet trying to be unbiased)

PITTSBURGH - They've been killing everyone. Expected to lose.

CLEVELAND - Should win.

BALTIMORE - As decent of a team they are, Cinci can usually squeeze out a 1-1 series with them every year. Plus I think Boller sucks.

NEW ENGLAND - They are expected to lose.

BUFFALO - I will seriously spend a day in fasting if they lose this game.

NY GIANTS - I think Toronto Ron called them 'overrated saps of shit' last year. Well, they still are.

PHILADELPHIA - For reasons stated above, I think star playmakers will be riding the bench, maybe even good old Westbrook along with McNabb and T.O. Philly will be thinking playoffs, not showing off in the jungle. A very much can-win game.
Man that's a tough schedule honestly I'd be surprised if they get more than 7 wins out of that bunch. I can see them beating Buffalo, NY Giants(who I called the overrated saps of shit last year and kind of still are), and maybe Cleveland who are just a tricky team to judge, and they might have a chance against Phily depends on how Phily ends up the year or if anybody else but Atlanta gets over 10 wins since I am almost totally convinced that they might be the only other team that might do that and maybe Green Bay. As for Minnesota I think they should never get the Giants in their schedule ever again.

8-8 could actually win the NFC West even worse Arizona actually has a chance at it.

I must add I am completely convinced that Ed Reed is the defensive player of the year now he has now made a big play in 3 games that completely turned the game or won Baltimore the game and this is what 2nd or 3rd year.

- There's the sack, fumble recovery and return for a touchdown against Washington

- The 106 yard INT return for a TD last week that sealed the game against Cleveland

- And the INT in th eend zone that changed the game in the other direction for the Revens instead of at least a field goal or a TD that would have gave the Jets a 17-0 or 21-0 lead the Revens score a TD on the Reed INT and it's 14-7 a big difference.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Am I the only one who's sick of Peyton Manning? Honestly, it's enough. And quit with the MVP talk already. Last time I check, just chucking up a bunch of TD's doesn't make you MVP. Besides, when your defense sucks you have to throw a lot more. Yeah, the guy's good. Yeah, he calls lots of audibles at the line of scrimmage, but really, he just gets on my nerves. He seems very arrogant as well.

Ok, mini-rant over.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RogueSpear
And quit with the MVP talk already. Last time I check, just chucking up a bunch of TD's doesn't make you MVP.
Yes, it does.

As a 'valuable' player, I have to look at the Colts and think about where they would be if Peyton Manning went down for the season.

I think that the Colts season would go straight to hell.

Take that 'valuable-ness' and try to match it up with any other player in the league. The only one that comes to my mind right now is Randy Moss, who's absence has left Minnesota's panties in a bind. But I think he's still got quite a few amazing games to prove the rest of the season before he could be an MVP.

But seriously, subtract who you feel is the most 'valuable' player in the NFL from his team, and think how you would see that team without him. If you picture a significant negative difference for the team, then you've got quite a valuable player.

I've never seen Manning arrogant, his passes are always a good reason to tune into sports center for me. Plus I have him on my fantasy team, and will be telling Jesus that I am thankful for that when I sit down and have turkey next Thursday.

And then I'll shovel some turkey in my mouth and say "LaDanian Tomlinson in your ass, motherfuckers"
Old 11-15-2004, 09:07 PM
What an amazing win for the Packers yesterday. I don't want to take anything away from the way Dante Culpepper and the Vikings played (which was great), but Brett Favre kicked so much ass. Now, the Packers are on top of the NFC North.

It looks like Kurt Warner is finished as the starting QB for the Giants for the moment. That little bastard Eli Manning (I despise him) is going to start this week. I don't blame Coughlin or the Giants for the decision, though. Honestly, I think the Giants received a bit too much hype from the sports media.

Strider
Old 11-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Strider

....from the way Dante Culpepper and the Vikings played (which was great)

THANK YOU. While that was mainly a Packers post, its nice to see someone giving credit to my team.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RogueSpear
Am I the only one who's sick of Peyton Manning? Honestly, it's enough. And quit with the MVP talk already. Last time I check, just chucking up a bunch of TD's doesn't make you MVP. Besides, when your defense sucks you have to throw a lot more. Yeah, the guy's good. Yeah, he calls lots of audibles at the line of scrimmage, but really, he just gets on my nerves. He seems very arrogant as well.

Ok, mini-rant over.
Without Peyton Manning Indy is where Oakland and Miami is right now. Manning is just unbelieveable wou wonder what the Colts would be like without him but the Colts have never found out since he has played every snap. Even better their O-line gives Manning a lot of help as well since he dosen't get hit a lot.

Eli Manning is starting for Warner it really dosen't matter the Giants are going to hell and Atlanta is going to tear them to shreds. But in all serious the only reason the Giants are even where they are at is because Tiki Barber cured his fumbllitis.

Also Dallas yeah your defense seriously sucks and is embarrasing and this was a #1 defense that was supposed to give this team to the playoffs HA!!

Althought Terrell Owens(even thought I still hate him) celebrating on the star in the end zone was nice and McNabb made a nice play for a pass to Freddie Mitchell anything that premanently ends Dallas playoff hopes is cool with me. I still hate Phily thought and hope my team just does something next week anything on offense.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by horrorfreak13
Althought Terrell Owens(even thought I still hate him) celebrating on the star in the end zone was nice

That was priceless.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:04 PM
Well week 11 picks

Arizona over Carolina - When Arizona has a chance to win the NFC West that's just fucking sad

Baltimore over Dallas - I really like Ed Reed he should be the defensive player of the year if his year continues like this.

Denver over New Orleans - It's New Orleans what do you expect? Maybe Jake Plummer and Aaron Brooks can bet on who will throw the worse pass.

Minnesota over Detroit - Maybe Minnesota should apply to not have the Giants in their schedule anymore

Indianapolis over Chicago - Come on you seriously think Chicago has a chance against Peyton Manning and the Colts.

NY Jets over Cleveland - Quincy Carter actually looked not that bad mayeb all he needed was to get the heck out of Dallas.

Pittsburgh over Cincinnati - Rosthlisberger isn't winning the games the defense is but I tell you Rosthlisberger isn't really losing the games either that's impressive.

Tampa Bay over San Francisco - My god San Fran what have you turned into

St. Louis over Buffalo - bipolar offense with a bad O-Line and good defense vs bipolar offense with actual good players that dosen't play up to potiential. In unrelated news wasn't that a great pass from Drew Bledsoe to Troy Brown it was like old times wasn't it. Oh wait

Jacksonville over Tennessee - Garrard was impressive now Tennessee I have no idea now this team might be a 6-10 team I thought they would drop but not this badly of course not haveing Steve McNair dosen't help.

Seattle over Miami - Jay Fielder, A.J Feely, A. Jay Feelderly what's the difference.

San Diego over Oakland - INT's by New England WR Troy Brown 1, INT's by Raiders CB Charles Woodson 0

Atlanta over NY Giants - Eli Manning gets a rud awakening in his first start.

Philadelphia over Washington - The year over, done just please rattle Owens and McNabb a bit but Phily ain't winning by 11 points

Green Bay over Houston - Hey Houston if you don't like Indianapolis passing it towards the end zone in the 4th QTR then keep them out of the end zone

New England over Kansas City - Is Bill Belichek a great coach or what Troy Brown can play cornerback and looks great doing it.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Week 11 Picks

Arizona over Carolina - Or not. It depends on what Cardinals team comes to play against the injured Panthers.

Baltimore over Dallas - No contest.

Denver over New Orleans - Dammit.

Minnesota over Detroit - Barely. Minnesota had better fix that defense or they will suffer the same fate as the Chiefs.

Indianapolis over Chicago - This game shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Cleveland over NY Jets - I'm picking this as my upset special.

Pittsburgh over Cincinatti - Defense wins championships. If this is the case, then the Steelers are Superbowl bound.

Tampa Bay over San Francisco - Pathetic.

St. Louis over Buffalo - Two iffy teams in a contest for who sucks less.

Jacksonville over Tennessee - Defense and offense both look better on the Jags' side of the ball.

NY Giants over Atlanta - It's easy enough to see why teams like the Falcons are in control over their division. They're the only viable competition.

Seattle over Miami - Maybe if the Seahawks give it the old college try...

Philadelphia over Washington - The Iggles are marching toward an NFC title again.

Green Bay over Houston - Favre is on fire. Hell, one more family tragedy this year and he'll throw for 500 yards.

New England over Kansas City - Yeah, I said it. Thanks for breaking the hearts of a million fans, defense. And fuck you, Carl Peterson.

Last edited by jeo4; 11-19-2004 at 10:16 AM..
Old 11-19-2004, 04:08 AM
Carolina over Arizona - I really like the Cards, but until McCown can put up some decent numbers, I've got to go against them. The past few weeks Delhomme has been on fire despite losing.

Baltimore over Dallas - I think Vinny goes down in this one ala Tommy Maddox special. Keyshawn cries.

St. Louis over Buffalo - I don't know what's up with the Bills. Really.

Indy over Chicago - Take notes, Craig...

Cincinatti over Pittsburgh - Fuck Pittsburgh, Fuck Ben Roethlisberger, and Fuck my girlfriend. No, not literally on that last one. She's just a Steelers loving bitch is all.

Cleveland over NY Jets - The Jets haven't really been impressive on offense save Curtis Martin. Cleveland could explode on this game.

Jacksonville over Tennessee - McNair is a gametime decision, but something tells me he might be rusty if he plays anyways.

Minnesota over Detroit - This game will look like the old Sota. Hopefully not another 'whoever has the ball last wins' matches for them.

Denver over New Orleans - Simply more talented, better coached, and your shoe-in for AFC West.

Tampa Bay over San Fran - A team this discouraged is bound to get it up the ass the rest of the year.

San Diego over Oakland - Drew Brees gets at least 3 TD passes. Kerry Collins gets at least 3 INT Passes.

Miami over Seattle - *Cough Cough Cough* Sorry, that wasn't me. That was those choking Seahawks.

Giants over Atlanta - I hope we get to see vintage Vick. "9/24 101 yards, 40 yards rushing. 1 td pass, 3 ints." He's the prototype quarterback, if your rendition of a prototype is a flustered dick cheese.

Philly over Washington - I hate the Eagles, but the Skins really have no hope in hell.

Green Bay over Houston - Brett Favre is on fire, fuckers.

Kansas City over New England - Suprise me, shit heads!
Old 11-19-2004, 10:18 AM
I forgot to post Seattle/Miami! Oh well. See my post above for corrections. And TheDeadWalk, you have more faith in my Chiefs than I do, but I'll change my pick one more time...Chiefs in an upset. If they blow it, I won't be surprised, though.

Last edited by jeo4; 11-22-2004 at 11:05 AM..
Old 11-21-2004, 04:25 PM
, Vikings win, not by much, but fuck, a W is a W. Its even better considering that we spent the better part of the game being fucking misearble, a terrible performance. But then outta nowhere we make the stop and turn around right into a LOOOONNNNNGGG drive that ends with eight points and buts us down by I belive three points, not sure though. And then we have another fantastic stop by the vikes, which leads into yet another long drive that ends with us up by three. A do-nothing drive by both teams follow and we cap-off this initally frustrating, hurrling threats at my tv kind of game, with an interception. LETS GO TEAXANS! PLEASE....FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LETS GO TEAXANS.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Looks like LaDanian Tomlinson is finally LaDanian again and the injury has healed. And the Chargers are really on a roll. Also, the Cardinals really hurt their playoff chances with that loss. And nice day in relief for Drew Henson, and he may just get his first start on Thanksgiving against Chicago.

Last edited by brodeurnumber1; 11-21-2004 at 08:22 PM..
Old 11-22-2004, 04:50 AM
The Falcons-Giants game was damn ugly, and not to mention boring. In his first NFL game, Eli Manning sure as hell struggled. It seemed like every single throw from Manning was dropped. I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants will put Warner back in soon.

The biggest surprise of this week was seeing Drew Henson finally get on the damn field. I didn't think Parcells would even give him one play. I hope he puts in Henson as the starter against the Bears no Thanksgiving. Hell, what's the big deal, anyway? The Cowboys suck, and they sure aren't going to the playoffs, so just give Henson a chance. Just one game. Maybe the team will win one, for a change!

And Brett Favre had another great game against the Texans. The game ended the same way as the Packers-Vikings game last week.

Strider
Old 11-22-2004, 11:50 AM
Quote:
The Falcons-Giants game was damn ugly, and not to mention boring. In his first NFL game, Eli Manning sure as hell struggled. It seemed like every single throw from Manning was dropped. I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants will put Warner back in soon.

The biggest surprise of this week was seeing Drew Henson finally get on the damn field. I didn't think Parcells would even give him one play. I hope he puts in Henson as the starter against the Bears no Thanksgiving. Hell, what's the big deal, anyway? The Cowboys suck, and they sure aren't going to the playoffs, so just give Henson a chance. Just one game. Maybe the team will win one, for a change!

And Brett Favre had another great game against the Texans. The game ended the same way as the Packers-Vikings game last week.

Strider
The Giants game almost fucking put me to sleep hell the always fucking put me to sleep so I switched to the Grey Cup game.

In the meantime Drew Henson apparently looked alright when he came in but it won't matter Dallas sucks they are overrated and Henson won't change much and I hope Henson fails mostly because I hate Dallas.

Now how about Sean Taylor's hit on McNabb that was pretty damn good I wished they knocked him out of the damn game but I wasn't excpeting the Redskins to beat Phily nor am I expecting them to beat Pittsburgh this weekend.

Of course I'm probably going to be stuck watching the fucking Bills and Giants games again at gun point like every fucking week.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:58 AM
I don't think we'll see Kurt Warner again very soon. Eli Manning shows great promise already, even against the Falcons' potent defense. It was a close game, but a bit boring at times. I see Manning getting his rythm soon. Now if the Giants' o-line could support him, he could be dangerous.

The Chiefs face off against the lethal Patriots. Man, I hate New England. I want to see the Pats fall tonight, but I have my doubts. Holmes is injured, but Derrick Blaylock is there to fill in the gaps. With 186 yards of rushing against the Saints, he was more than adequate. But that isn't the problem with Kansas City. The defense leaks like a sieve. Corners are missing tackles and not covering receivers appropriately.

Pats' corners Ty Law and Tyrone Poole are out for the week as well. But that doesn't mean that Troy Brown will have problems getting to the offense, either. The Chiefs have better running and passing. The Pats have better defense across the board, with the exception of passing attempts and completions. On paper, this game looks close. In a Monday night game, at Arrowhead Stadium, this may be a terrible game for New England. Anything can happen, but for the sake of supporting my team, I pick the Chiefs for the upset.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:36 PM
UGH. Fucking Texans tease me with the thought that they could actually win the game, only to fucking choke on it at the end. I HATE games that end with such a wimper, shitty way to end a football game....fucking FIELD GOAL.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:35 PM
man does the NFC suck or what
Old 11-22-2004, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by chiefxcel
man does the NFC suck or what
Hmm. Well, if you compare them to the AFC - yeah, they do. I'll go ahead and predict an AFC team will win the SuperBowl. As long as it isn't those damn Patriots, I'll be happy.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Strider

Last edited by Strider; 11-22-2004 at 09:05 PM..
Old 11-23-2004, 04:20 AM
Quote:

GO AWAY CHIEFS!!!!
Strider
There. I fixed it for you. Hey, I'm in Kansas City and I think it's funny.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:47 AM
Hey, I'm not a fan of the Chiefs, but I wish they won last night's game. Hell, I'm rooting for every single team facing off against the Patriots. Just give the team a good ass-kicking and I'm happy.

Strider
Old 11-23-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm in awe of how inept Kansas City's defense is. It never ceases to amaze me how great our offense is, even in the absence of Priest Holmes. The offense is doing its job and clicking on all cylinders. Eddie Kennison and Tony Gonzales showed their chops last night. Even hurried, Trent Green was still amazing. Our defense just didn't cut it. In five minutes, New England had marched down the field 71 yards and scored its first touchdown. But there's more to it than our sorry-assed defense. Let's face facts here:

The New England Patriots are that good.

That hurt just to say.

But it's true. Tom Brady had multiple weapons to use in the offense. Even with smaller corners, the defense did a spectacular job of covering the Chiefs' receivers and Gonzales, too. So I have to admit defeat with a certain respect and even a little awe, in spite of loathing this team. I tip my hat to the Patriots for their amazing team effort and vast talent.

*Gets off podium and proceeds to lick wounds in a corner*
Old 11-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Well I figure I post my picks for this week a little early sinc ethere are 2 games on Thursday

Indianapolis over Detroit - Peyton Manning is just sickening right now and is the MVP not even debatable without him the Colts are Miami

Chicago over Dallas - God this is going to be awful and boring why can't they put 2 intresting teams on instead?

Cincinnati over Cleveland - Ok Chad Johnson please shut up and just play every time you run your mouth you end up sucking the previous week and plus you ask everyone in Cincinnati to bring a dollar for the fine you would get for the cellebration in the end zone what the hell was that? The elbow drop on the football was a better celebration than that.

Minnesota over Jacksonville? - This one scares me because Leftwhich is back and without Moss I'm not sure what to make of Minnesota right now but they seem to be back on the right track.

Philadelphia over NY Giants - please injure McNabb and Owens(even worse I'm probably going to be forced at gun point to watch this game)

San Diego over Kansas City - Drew Brees just looks unstoppable and with LT healthy this team might even win the division. Yes I said San Diego might even win their division.

Tampa Bay over Carolina - If only Griese was in at the start of the season Tampa might even have had a shot at the division

Houston over Tennessee - McNair just dosen't even look close to what he was like last year

Pittsburgh over Washington -

Atlanta over New Orleans - When Aaron Brooks passed the ball and was almost on the ground that was just the 2nd worst pass I've ever seen with #1 being Aaron Brooks pass 2 weeks ago to nowhere. When that happens I never take New Orleans again.

New England over Baltimore - If Lewis is out longer than expected this could end Baltimore's chances at a playoff spot since it's very competitive between 4 teams for 2 wild card spots.

Seattle over Buffalo - I'm probably goign to be forced to see this game too since I'm forced to watch almost ever fucking Bills and Giants game every week.

San Francisco over Miami - It's Super Bowl XXXIX and the game where the loser in the long run is actually the winner and gets the #1 pick in the draft. God this game is going to be awful

NY Jets over Arizona - The Jets look alright althought if their RBs aren't playing this might be a tough one

Denver over Oakland - If Oakland actually played football this might actually have been intresting. God why are all the Sunday nighters so fucking boring well at leats last week's wasn't sort of.

Green Bay over St. Louis - Give me a reason why I should pick St. Louis to win this game?

(hums jeopardy theme)

Still Waiting..........................

(more humming of jeopardy theme)

I thought so.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Indianapolis over Detroit - With little doubt that Manning will have a huge day.

Chicago over Dallas - Wake me when this one is over

Cincinnati over Cleveland - Provided that the Cincy offense pulls itself together, Cleveland could have the worst day it's had all season.

Jacksonville over Minnesota - Defensively, the Vikings still have a lot to fix. I pick the Jags to pull the upset.

Philadelphia over NY Giants - Another day at the office for McNabb. Somebody (ANYBODY) bitch slap Owens.

San Diego over Kansas City - Done picking the Chiefs, especially since I hate Denver and this is my one and only hope of them not winning the division. When Carl Peterson gets off his cigar-smoking ass and gets a defense worth playing, I'll pick the Chiefs again.

Carolina over Tampa Bay - Maybe.

Tennessee over Houston - Not that I have a complaint about the Texans, but McNair is right back in the game as if he was never gone.

Pittsburgh over Washington - Easily.

Atlanta over New Orleans - Shit offense, shit defense. Atlanta will ace this one.

New England over Baltimore - The agony of watching the Pats go running into another division title is almost too much to bear.

Seattle over Buffalo - Fucking Bills. They lose some rather bland games but then turn around and smoke St. Louis.

San Francisco over Miami - Another terrible game where two stinkers try to Lysol one another.

NY Jets over Arizona - Without batting an eyelash.

Denver over Oakland - The only comfort KC has this year is the fact that Oakland is even more terrible than they are on both sides of the ball instead of just the d-line. Of course, there's still two games between them this season to make the Chiefs look even dumber than they do now. For now, the Broncos will just have to pound them into submission.

Green Bay over St. Louis - No, I don't have a reason why St. Louis should win this game. And neither does Brett Favre.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jeo4
The New England Patriots are that good.
Welcome to the dark side...

Here is a small rundown on the Pats secondary for yesterdays game...Asante Samuel is a second-year corner promoted to Law's job as main coverage anchor. Other options for the Chiefs were Randall Gay, an undrafted rookie; Earthland Moreland, a practice squad recruit; and Troy Brown, a wide receiver by trade...

And they still won there 24th in 25 games against a top notch offense.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Indy over Detroit - The only question is if Manning will break the single game td pass mark in this game.

Dallas over Chicago - Henson or Testaverde I can take a chance on. Craig Krenzel I cannot. ( I am an Ohio State fan by the way)

Cincinatti over Cleveland - A loss or two more and Butch Davis is fired. I think Palmer will be a lot more on the ball this time around, and a still healthy Rudi has the chance to smack through the D-Line.

Oh, by the way... The Kenard Lang decapitation sack count is still at 0.

Minnesota over Jax - Moss might be back they say, even if he's not, I still think the Vikes can control this. Their offense is too dynamic to be shut down. The Jax D is still good, but even when they were on their best, they never got any turnovers. That makes a great defense look average alone.

Philly over NY Giants - Too strong of a team to fall to these pieces of shit.

San Diego over Kansas City - Fuckin Chiefs. Drew Brees and LT will dominate while Antonio Gates puts Tony Gonzalez to shame.

Tampa over Carolina - Pittman's on fire and Griese is looking nice. Just coming off of a red hot 35-3 squashing of the Niners, I think they can control this banged up team.

Tennessee over Houston - Houston isn't that technically sound yet. They still don't know how to dot their p's and q's, so for now they only beat the obvious. Steve McNair isn't ever obvious. I'm not going to count him out simply because he might still be a little sore, my memory isn't that short.

Washington over Pittsburgh - The entire Pittsburgh team gets the flu and flops a loss to Washington. Clinton Portis still only gets 60 yards rushing.

New Orleans over Atlanta - You're either going to see Brooks tear up the field, or get his ass tore up by stupidity. Either way, I would rather have him on my team than his piece of shit cousin.

New England over Baltimore - This is the one game I will say New England will win. I hate Baltimore almost as much as Pittsburgh, and last I checked New England doesn't have any players on the team that should be in prison right now.

Buffalo over Seattle - Buffalo showed promise by beating the Rams. Now they can show off a little more by beating a choking Seattle team that just barely squeaked by last week.

Miami over San Francisco - Miami plays the game a hell of a lot harder than San Francisco. Miami at least makes you respect that hard hitting defense as well. They may not have an offense, but they will make Tim Rattay eat shit.

Jets over Arizona - Ok, I didn't see where McCown was doing that great, but not bad enough to put Shaun King in as starter. Quincy seems to be doing the one thing Pennington should be taking notes on: Finding your wide receiver. That tight end, running back, full back dump off shit is for the birds when you use it ALL THE TIME.

Denver over Oakland - Another division win for your AFC WEST Champion.

St. Louis over Green Bay - I like St. Louis too much to give up on them even when I should. I like Marc Bulger, too. With a game against Brett Favre on Monday Night, he just may pick up the tempo, and Mike Martz might actually hand the ball off to a running back more than 9 times

Last edited by TheDeadWalk; 11-24-2004 at 01:31 PM..
Old 11-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by TheDeadWalk:

Denver over Oakland - Another division win for your AFC Champion.

GAAAAAHHH!!

You take that back!

Do you really think they'll win the AFC title? I think that there are about a half-dozen teams that can take them out in the playoffs.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Denver's remaining schedule

This week: Oakland
Week 13: @ San Diego
Week 14: Miami
Week 15: @ Kansas City
Week 16: @ Tennessee
Week 17 Indianapolis

San Diego's remaining schedule
This week: @ Kansas City
Week 13: Denver
Week 14: Tampa Bay
Week 15: @ Cleveland
Week 16: @ Indianapolis
Week 17: Kansas City

Looking at this Denver should win 4 of the 6 games and could actually win all 6 games but if they beat San Deigo next week they most likely should get the division since they beat them earlier in the year.

San Diego should win at least 3 of their next 6 games since Denver, Tampa and Indy will be tough games. And unless they beat Denver next week San Diego will have a hard time getting the AFC West.

Last edited by horrorfreak13; 11-24-2004 at 11:54 AM..
Old 11-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jeo4
Originally posted by TheDeadWalk:

Denver over Oakland - Another division win for your AFC Champion.

GAAAAAHHH!!

You take that back!

Do you really think they'll win the AFC title? I think that there are about a half-dozen teams that can take them out in the playoffs.
I take it back.

I meant to say AFC WEST champion. I think they'll edge out the Charga's for the title.

My AFC trump card goes to the Colts.