Old 10-06-2008, 07:58 AM
My Bills got fucking trounced by the fucking Cardinals 41-17. What the fuck happened. Trent Edwards got knocked out of the game early, I'm not saying one man would have made a difference, but I think the game would have been a lot closer if Edwards played. I fucking hate Losman, that guy is fucking terrible. Rest up Edwards, during the bye, cause Buffalo has some work to do. This was most certainly a wake up call.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:03 AM
The Giants and Titans are the only undefeated teams left. How much longer will their respective streaks continue?

Miami Dolphins and Atlanta Falcons: Holy shit! Neither team is completely fucking terrible this season. I say both teams have something to cheer about right now.

The Chargers aren't looking very impressive, and the same goes for the Packers. I'm not picking the Chargers for the next three weeks -- fuck them. As for the Packers, if they lose to the Seahawks next week, I think it's time for Green Bay to start going into a panic.

Let's not forget about the Bears. They lead their division at the moment, they look really good out there, and they could easily be 5-0.

Bengals, Texans, Lions, Rams: Which team is going to win their first game.... well, first? Answer: Who gives a damn! They all suck!

Strider
Old 10-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Bah, it was a solid start for The Pack, but it's all come crashing down since. Must win next weekend in Washington. (That's the state, not the city, so Green Bay has a chance).

And yeah, all this talk about Washington (city) not being a great team can now officially end.

@ Dallas - Win
@ Philadelphia - Win

Case closed.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Hey Strider I'd say that the Bengals are probably the best team out of the shit teams we've seen this season.. they just can NOT finish and Carson Palmer has about 2.3 seconds each snap before he's getting raped. That team is not as bad as their record. They lost in OT to the Giants, fumbles lost them the game to the Cowboys, they almost beat the Browns without Palmer, and lost to the Ravens by 7.

Don't get me wrong, they suck.. but they're not a team that you see on the schedule and go, ok that's an easy win. That's reserved for a team like the Lions, or maybe the Rams. I also think that if Matt Schaub plays on Sunday the Texans are going to take the Dolphins. They lost in OT to the Jags and gave the win to the Colts last week.

Either way, this season is insane, and there really aren't many shitty teams. Because, even the shitty teams like the Bengals and Texans have a lot of fight in them. Should be an interesting season, I like the way there's so much parody.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:09 PM
vikings saints game was kinda outstanding! bush cannot be touched. best game of the season so far i finks

im going to the wembly game i is! never been to a nfl match so it should be dope although in london.
chargers fan i am. so far we look terrible, LT aint doing jack
and i hate rivers

the dolphins look like a team that could go 8-8. chad is a solid qb. chargers fucking sucked ahakjhskjhskjhskj!!!

c'mon norv

the giants look the best

Last edited by Cosimo; 10-07-2008 at 06:26 PM..
Old 10-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRontoRon View Post
Bah, it was a solid start for The Pack, but it's all come crashing down since. Must win next weekend in Washington. (That's the state, not the city, so Green Bay has a chance).
I think they have a chance watching Seattle on Sunday they look nothing like last year defensively this team was very good but this year this team just looks terrible. I thought they would struggle early on offense but defensively this team is just terrible.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post
Hey Strider I'd say that the Bengals are probably the best team out of the shit teams we've seen this season.. they just can NOT finish and Carson Palmer has about 2.3 seconds each snap before he's getting raped. That team is not as bad as their record. They lost in OT to the Giants, fumbles lost them the game to the Cowboys, they almost beat the Browns without Palmer, and lost to the Ravens by 7.
You make a good point about the Bengals, John. I think I agree with you. And speaking of teams that just "can NOT finish," I'd argue that the Eagles are one of those teams. They should've won those games against the Cowboys and Bears, and they should be 4-1 right now. But they can't seem to finish and grab the victory, which I believe is Andy Reid's fault.

Thoughts?

Anyone else?

Strider
Old 10-12-2008, 04:50 PM
HOW ABOUT THEM FALCONS!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:41 PM
God I hate living in Michigan...
Old 10-12-2008, 07:47 PM
To the Redskins bandwagon jumpers: Told you so.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings2525 View Post
To the Redskins bandwagon jumpers: Told you so.
The game can be summed up in one thing 3 turnovers 1 being returned for a touchdown which killed them.

This game felt like a punch to the gut still while this loss hurts I'd rather lose to the Rams sadly than either Dallas or Phily not that it makes this loss easier.

BTW I've been a Redskins fan since 1990 the year before the 3rd superbowl so I'm not a bandwagoner.

I never saw the game I got Chicago-Atlanta which was an amazing finish.

On and Dallas lost too as well even though they got "help" with the field goal that tied the game.

Last edited by horrorfreak13; 10-12-2008 at 08:26 PM..
Old 10-12-2008, 08:28 PM
I was left speechless by the Rams' upset win over the Redskins (who should've fucking CLOBBERED them) and the conclusion of the Cowboys/Cardinals game.

The Packers are still alive... barely. They desperately needed a win, and they got it.

And the Falcons are 4-2 and on top of the NFC South. Wow.

Strider
Old 10-13-2008, 09:12 AM
I think the Redskins loss can be summed up by the fact that they didn't expect much from the Rams and were already looking to the next game. Clinton Portis admitted to it.

And the Falcons are on top of the NFC South, but they're tied with Carolina and Tampa Bay.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:16 AM
On my picks from this week, there were three I was winning in the last minute, hell I think in the last ten seconds, only to lose at the last second.

The Falcons over Bears, the Rams over Skins and the one that hurt me the most, the Texans over the Dolphins.

The Dolphins should have won that game. Damn. They beat the Chargers and Pats and then they lost to Houston in a game where Pennington was very efficient. The D let them down. Worst part is I couldn't even watch it. It wasn't on my satellite and so I had to watch the damned scoreboard on the edge of my seat.

I should know better than to get excited about these bastards.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R View Post
The Falcons over Bears, the Rams over Skins and the one that hurt me the most, the Texans over the Dolphins.

The Dolphins should have won that game. Damn. They beat the Chargers and Pats and then they lost to Houston in a game where Pennington was very efficient. The D let them down. Worst part is I couldn't even watch it. It wasn't on my satellite and so I had to watch the damned scoreboard on the edge of my seat.

I should know better than to get excited about these bastards.
Same here. Phins just can't cover great receivers (only reason we made Randy Moss non-existent was because he's doing his "playing half-assed" routine). One thing is for certain though, Pennington is clearly our best QB in 8 years. I have a feeling next weeks game against Baltimore is going to be one of those 6-3 affairs.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:41 PM
I actually picked the Texans and (my) Falcons to win. BUT I also picked the Ravens and Cowboys to win also . . . so that shows you what I know.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Tony Romo is out 4 weeks big panic in Dallas.

The positive is that this takes away the attention of my team losing to the Rams

The negative is ESPN and every media outlet will shove this down our throats for weeks.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:31 PM
I can't what I'm seeing Cleveland is beating the Giants 35-14 with 4:00 left.

Well I don't feel as bad aboutlosing to the Rams now it still sucks but all the people who are bashing my team for losing to an inferior opponent the same has to go to the Giants.

and my team plays them next week. hmmm....
Old 10-14-2008, 01:10 AM
The NFC East just fell back to Earth, face-first.

The Cowboys are slowly self-destructing, and Romo is now out for a month. How long until T.O. goes into full-priss mode?

The Redskins....jesus. How do you beat the Eagles and the Cowboys and then lose to the Rams? The Rams. Even if it is a fluke victory, that has to sting.

Hey Giants fans, remember the Eli Manning that you wanted benched last season and then you suddenly loved when he won a Super Bowl? He's baaaaaaaack. And throwing picks that get returned 94 yards for a touchdown.

And the Eagles....actually, I got nothing on them. I still think they have a shot at the playoffs.

Other thoughts:

I'm happy the Jets are 3-2, and have an easy October. But, they are still the Jets, and could easily blow it. The Raiders and the Chiefs are pretty bad, but both are capable of upsets. However, i'm thrilled that a Jets quarterback leads the NFL in touchdowns. Thank you, Brett Favre.

Speakng of fossils, Kurt Warner is taking the Cardinals to the playoffs this year. The Cardinals are an all-around great team, and i'm surprised many still aren't giving them credit.

The Dolphins are now the most fun team to watch. The Wildcat probably won't last forever, but it's been paying off well for them so far.

The Atlanta Falcons are 4-2. I'm shocked too. That game vs. the Bears was awesome.

I'm convinced the Raiders will never be good again until Al Davis either retires or dies. The Raiders need a complete management overhaul or its going to be more pain in the future.

My sympathies to anyone who watched the Lions/Vikings game yesterday. Remember, it's not your fault.

One more thing: Matt Cassell sucks.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeRay View Post

The Dolphins are now the most fun team to watch. The Wildcat probably won't last forever, but it's been paying off well for them so far.
Despite the loss, this makes me smile. Knowing my mediocre team (better than crap I guess) is at least entertaining to watch is a victory in my book. That's certainly more than can be said for their opponent this weekend...Ravens are so dull.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Well looks like the Redskins are going to sign Shaun Alexander. I know they said Ladell Betts injury isn't serious but maybe it's more serious. I'm surprised it's taking this long for Alexander to find a team.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R View Post
Despite the loss, this makes me smile. Knowing my mediocre team (better than crap I guess) is at least entertaining to watch is a victory in my book. That's certainly more than can be said for their opponent this weekend...Ravens are so dull.
i love watching the dolphins i does. that first td was sick to say the least

wildcat makes for good watchins

chadmeister!!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:07 AM
OK, someone explain to me the Roy Williams trade.

A 1st, 3rd, and 7th rounder? Not to mention Dallas already has one of the best offenses in the NFL. What's the point here? I can see a team with a huge hole at receiver and a legit chance of winning (perhaps Tennessee or Philadelphia) overpaying for a receiver thinking it would solidify their weak spot and help them contend, but why Dallas? They have huge holes on the defensive side of the ball that they could've addressed either via trade or through the draft next year, but they mortgaged their future on an overrated receiver with an injury history. They should've gone after defensive players, told TO to shut up, and ran Marion Barber and Felix Jones more, instead of adding another egotistical receiver. I guess I'm happy, since I hate Dallas, but still... very bizarre to me.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
OK, someone explain to me the Roy Williams trade.

A 1st, 3rd, and 7th rounder? Not to mention Dallas already has one of the best offenses in the NFL. What's the point here? I can see a team with a huge hole at receiver and a legit chance of winning (perhaps Tennessee or Philadelphia) overpaying for a receiver thinking it would solidify their weak spot and help them contend, but why Dallas? They have huge holes on the defensive side of the ball that they could've addressed either via trade or through the draft next year, but they mortgaged their future on an overrated receiver with an injury history. They should've gone after defensive players, told TO to shut up, and ran Marion Barber and Felix Jones more, instead of adding another egotistical receiver. I guess I'm happy, since I hate Dallas, but still... very bizarre to me.
One of the biggest problems in Dallas' offense is that they don't have a second receiver . . . they double team T.O. and the other receivers/TEs haven't stepped up. I think they're hoping that Williams will be one to give defenses trouble.

And when has telling T.O. to shut up done any good?
Old 10-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
One of the biggest problems in Dallas' offense is that they don't have a second receiver . . . they double team T.O. and the other receivers/TEs haven't stepped up. I think they're hoping that Williams will be one to give defenses trouble.

Actually other than Witten no one else has stepped up but adding Roy Williams is really going to address their secondary holes. This team ain't winning anything until they do.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Week 7 picks

Tennesse over Kansas City - the only undefeated team has Kerry Collins at QB. Kerry Collins the same eratic QB that was discarded in New York. Can't understand this

Buffalo over San Diego - team coming off bye week while the Chargers are travelling back and forth and then to London.

Pittsburgh over Cincinnati - Would you trust a team that has Ryan Fitzpatrick as it's QB? How many people actually knew who Ryan Fitzpatrick was before Palmer got injured?

Miami over Baltimore - Joe Flacco the rookie is starting to show up

Dallas over St. Louis - I don't think St. Louis is getting away with 3 fluke fumbles with one returning for a TD this time

Chicago over Minnesota - The Bears got to quit giving away games

Carolina over New Orleans - One is 4-2 and the other is 3-3 would you have guessed that the 3-3 team is New Orleans.

NY Giants over San Francisco - J.T. O'Sullivan who gets sacked a lot is not going to enjoy this one

Houston over Detroit - Can you tell Detroit is mailing it in.

NY Jets over Oakland - Oakland new coach not much better.

Washington over Cleveland - Which Cleveland teams shows up the one that was amazing last week against New York or the one that played like shit the first 6 weeks. Redskins won't make the same mistakes(fumbles) against the Browns

Indianapolis over Green Bay - Peyton is back

Tampa Bay over Seattle - The Rams might be better than the Seahawks and I'm not kidding Seattle looks terrible and Tampa isn't a fluke

Denver over New England Mike Shannahan has had a good record against Bill Belicheck even with Brady.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post

I'm not saying Roy doesn't make them better. I'm just saying it made no sense to overpay the way they did for him when their offense was already Championsihp-calibur. They have issues in the secondary (Newman hurt, Pacman is gone, and they give up a lot of huge plays) that I think should've been addressed before giving up all those picks for another receiver. If they stopped worrying about TO's complaints (maybe telling him to shut up was a poor choice of words) and let the Barber/Jones combo carry the ball 55-60% of the offensive snaps, that offense is as good as any in the league without adding Roy. And i just can't get over how much they gave up for him.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:03 PM
The Cowboys' offense hasn't exactly looked spectacular the last few weeks, and I think they just wanted to make their receiver core better; though I do agree with you they gave up too much for Williams.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:10 PM
At first, I questioned the Roy Williams trade, due to T.O.'s ego, but after thinking about it, ive changed my mind. Williams will force defenses to pay less attention to Owens, and now Romo will have 2 outstanding recievers, 2 decent ones, and a great tight end. How long do you guys think T.O. will go without complaining about touches? A week? Less?

I don't think they should play Romo this week. Let it heal a week, Johnson is a respectable backup, and St. Louis has one win.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:54 PM
The Cowboys are cocksuckers. Romo can't stand to sit in the backseat for more than two seconds. They have completely forgotten about their running game. Acquiring Roy Williams won't solve shit. Jerry "I'll sell my family for a Super Bowl ring" Jones will be the one deciding on the starting QB for Sunday. Gee, maybe it should be the coach's decision. I can't wait for this team to lose in the playoffs.

What the fuckety-fuck happened to Carolina against the Bucs?

I like Shaun Alexander, but at this point, he's a serviceable back-up.

I'm loving all of the upsets this season. Go Cardinals!
Old 10-19-2008, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
I like Shaun Alexander, but at this point, he's a serviceable back-up.
Shaun Alexander will only get a few carries here and there in place of Portis( who leads the league in rushing yards) at least while Ladell Betts is injured.

Alexander's career in Washington is almost similar to say Eddie George when he went to Dallas good RB who was too old to carry an offense the difference is Dallas was expecting George to carry their offense mainly their running game when Dallas got him Alexander isn't expected to do that Alexander will get 10-15 carries a game.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:48 PM
ah man been waiting all week for that chargers game i has! and now bush aint coming to london and LT probably wont play, i paid 60 smackers to see those two dang!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:03 PM
The Rams beat the living hell out of the Brad Johnson-led Cowboys. Johnson threw 3 INTs. Is the season starting to slip away from the Cowboys? Honestly, if it is, I don't mind one bit. They're not a team, they're just a bunch of players.

The Jets dropped the fucking ball against the Raiders today. They had numerous chances to beat them, but they failed miserably. If they can't beat the Raiders, how do they expect to beat the Chiefs next week at home?

Strider
Old 10-20-2008, 08:07 AM
G-Men bounce back with a decent effort against a team that's just not ready for the big time yet. Hopefully Plax and Eli can get back in sych like they were earlier in the season.

Peyton sets the Manning family back a bit with his performance today. I don't see the Colts making the playoffs this season.

Cowboys lose, I smile, and the G-men are still the Champions.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm happy to report that my Bills bounced backed after that loss at Arizona. Fresh off the much needed bye week, they beat the Chargers 23-14, an all around team effort. Hey, I can't complain about 5-1, however now they play their division, we will just have to wait and see. On a sad note my Red Sox were defeated last night, no World Series this year, but hey they have won two in the last four years, so I'm satisfied.

Last edited by poguesfan; 10-20-2008 at 09:46 AM..
Old 10-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
The Rams beat the living hell out of the Brad Johnson-led Cowboys. Johnson threw 3 INTs. Is the season starting to slip away from the Cowboys? Honestly, if it is, I don't mind one bit. They're not a team, they're just a bunch of players.
And I laugh at that seeing that happen and you know I realy hate ESPN because when my team lost last week to the Rams it was like they lost whatever and a couple people here made fun of it so it makes me laugh and smile seeing the Rams blow out supposed great team Dallas.

Speaking of my team it wasn't pretty but beating Cleveland by 3 and almost gave that one away but Portis 175 yards now I get the talk of Drew Brees for MVP he's having a great season and is on pace to break Dan Marino's single season passing yards record but certainly Clinton Portis has to be included in this he leads the league in rushing yards and is 2nd in TDs

Next week Detroit.

What are the chances the Lions go 0-16? Seriously I see their schedule and I don't see a winnable game in there.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
What are the chances the Lions go 0-16? Seriously I see their schedule and I don't see a winnable game in there.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions start losing games on purpose to go for that #1 overall pick; they've already got Dallas' 1st round pick next year, maybe they're hoping for the top pick overall as well.

Let the rebuilding begin . . . or continue.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:23 PM
oops wrong thread

The Lions depends on how they use their draft picks they could use pretty much everything.

Last edited by horrorfreak13; 10-20-2008 at 02:49 PM..
Old 10-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
The Jets dropped the fucking ball against the Raiders today. They had numerous chances to beat them, but they failed miserably. If they can't beat the Raiders, how do they expect to beat the Chiefs next week at home?

Strider
That game made me hate life. Any hope of the Jets going to the playoffs or winning the division just got shot to hell.

Raiders: I got you a present Jets! It's a win!
Jets: Awww, that's sweet. But I insist, you keep it for yourself.
Raiders: Really? Thanks!

Farve had no pass protection and got his ass kicked and the Jet's defense let the Raiders offense get confident.

The fact that they lost to a 57-yard field goal hurts, too.

No way in hell they lose to the Chiefs. The Raiders are a mess, but the Chiefs are worse.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:47 AM
Giants doing the damn thing... Took out a team that was clearly a measuring stick. Next week will be another one (albeit injured).