Old 11-24-2008, 03:19 AM
i just want to say the falcons are fucking sick. worst to first bitches!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky4fingerz View Post
i just want to say the falcons are fucking sick. worst to first bitches!
I love this team!! They not only look like a freakin' football team (as compared to last year's) but they look like they're have a blast playing football. Lord knows I'm having a blast watching them play.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Michael Turner: best RB in the league this year. Falcons are a heck of a team and have a great future. Everything they did this offseason worked.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:36 PM
If I hear one more story on ESPN about how the Cowboys are back, I may hire Pacman Jones to sucker punch 'em bitches. Romo and Owens had huge games and they won by 13 points. Big Fuckin Deal! Its the Forty Fuckin Niners! They beat a team out of the worst division in football with a 3-8 record! Awesome!

The real story here is that Dallas still isn't running the ball enough (Marion Barber had less than 60 yards on 19 carries) and the Dallas D is still giving up huge amounts of points. Shaun Hill threw for over 300 yards for christ's sake.

Give up on the dominant NFC East story you've been pushing all year. Andy Reid is driving Philidalphea into an unrecoverable state, Washington can move the ball everywhere but the endzone, Dallas is just too much drama, and the Giants are always one Eli-like performance away from a loss. Why not look over at the NFC South?

P.S. Dallas plays Seatle next week, so don't be suprised when they win by ten or more and you start hearing Superbowl predictions.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Don't the Falcons have to actually be in first place before this whole worst to first thing gets thrown around? Last I saw Tampa Bay and Carolina were still in first.

Besides that, when only two of your seven wins are against a team with a winning record... hmmmm when does the parade start?!
Old 11-25-2008, 03:43 AM
i wont dare say the dirty birds r overrated,but they wont do well in the playoffs.they might get in and make the game close but they wont get out of the first round if the make it that far.ofcourse now im remembering how well vick did in green bay a few years back....and no one thought theyed do what they did there either.not this team tho.maybe next year
Old 11-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith fan View Post
If I hear one more story on ESPN about how the Cowboys are back, I may hire Pacman Jones to sucker punch 'em bitches. Romo and Owens had huge games and they won by 13 points. Big Fuckin Deal! Its the Forty Fuckin Niners! They beat a team out of the worst division in football with a 3-8 record! Awesome!

The real story here is that Dallas still isn't running the ball enough (Marion Barber had less than 60 yards on 19 carries) and the Dallas D is still giving up huge amounts of points. Shaun Hill threw for over 300 yards for christ's sake.

Give up on the dominant NFC East story you've been pushing all year. Andy Reid is driving Philidalphea into an unrecoverable state, Washington can move the ball everywhere but the endzone, Dallas is just too much drama, and the Giants are always one Eli-like performance away from a loss. Why not look over at the NFC South?

P.S. Dallas plays Seatle next week, so don't be suprised when they win by ten or more and you start hearing Superbowl predictions.
Even us Cowboys fans are tired of all the stories on BSPN.

I will say though, the 49ers last two scores were in garbage time, and Barber had a big game last week.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't think anybody is really understanding that the Jets just dominated the best team in the AFC on their home field.

It's funny how people wrote off Alan Faneca.. when all he's doing is anchoring one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, and bringing a toughness to this team.

People said Jenkins couldn't stay under weight or healthy, and is in contention for the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award, and has the worst run defense in the league now at #4.

This team just loves proving people wrong. As do the Falcons, Dolphins, and Brady-less Patriots. Kudos to all 4 of those teams this year.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post
I don't think anybody is really understanding that the Jets just dominated the best team in the AFC on their home field.

This team just loves proving people wrong. As do the Falcons, Dolphins, and Brady-less Patriots. Kudos to all 4 of those teams this year.

im not shocked at all by the jets.they had a team on the verge then get favre.their success is no surprise.
what i am shocked at is how great of a season warner is having in arizona.i cant wait to see him light up the rams on week 14.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke2342 View Post

It's funny how people wrote off Alan Faneca.. when all he's doing is anchoring one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, and bringing a toughness to this team.

People said Jenkins couldn't stay under weight or healthy, and is in contention for the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award, and has the worst run defense in the league now at #4.

1. maybe I missed something, but who ever wrote off Faneca? The o-line had issues, but that's because they never worked together really. I didn't think people thought Faneca was overrated, but maybe I'm wrong

2. You're right about Jenkins. A lot of people (myself included) thought they overpaid for him. He's definitely talented, but he's injury prone and never played a 3-4. Considering how much they gave up for him, I thought they were gonna regret it. But nope. He's gotta be in the top 3 or 4 in the devensive player of the year discussion, and you can make a strong case that he was a more significant addition than Favre

3. Has a team that started 10-0 ever lost by this much? I'm inclined to say no. It really was dominant. Jets are the best team in the AFC today (but if I had to bet, I'm taking Indy or Pitt to go to round into shape and go to the Super Bowl)
Old 11-27-2008, 10:04 PM
To all you fans of other teams out there, I say good luck. You're going to need it. The Giants are setup perfectly for a dynasty. I have taken a lot of $#!T these years being a fan of them. Eli is not a fan favorite among other teams in the league and we have had some rough years. So, I will truly enjoy these next 5-6 years of dominance that the Giants will put on the rest of you NFLers.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgizzy316 View Post
To all you fans of other teams out there, I say good luck. You're going to need it. The Giants are setup perfectly for a dynasty. I have taken a lot of $#!T these years being a fan of them. Eli is not a fan favorite among other teams in the league and we have had some rough years. So, I will truly enjoy these next 5-6 years of dominance that the Giants will put on the rest of you NFLers.

Good luck with that #1 Wide Receiver search next year. I hear Chad Johnson is oging to be available.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:36 PM
This Plax story is the most bizarre NFL story I've heard in the past few years (aside from Vick, of course). Seriously. This is more bizarre than Pac-Man's adventures, Ocho Cinco, anything TO has done... wow. Such a weird story.

But I LOVE the way the Giants have handled him. Instead of allowing him to be a cancer and a distraction, that locker room is as strong as ever, and Plax is kind of a rebel on an island. Good for Coughlin.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:32 PM
falcons 8-4. bring on the aint's. I hope the panthers rip tampa a new asshole next sunday. falcons still have a chance of winning the division.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky4fingerz View Post
falcons 8-4. bring on the aint's. I hope the panthers rip tampa a new asshole next sunday. falcons still have a chance of winning the division.
If they win the division, Matt Ryan has to be the MVP. Seriously, what rookie qb has ever had more impact? I'd argue none. Big Ben was put into a great situation... a team that was very good but only got that high pick because of injuries. Dan Marino was great, but that team wasn't in the same state as the Falcons were before Matty Ice showed up. I mean, between the Vick thing, and Petrino quitting on them, who would've thought they'd contend for a division title already? What a great story.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
This Plax story is the most bizarre NFL story I've heard in the past few years (aside from Vick, of course). Seriously. This is more bizarre than Pac-Man's adventures, Ocho Cinco, anything TO has done... wow. Such a weird story.

But I LOVE the way the Giants have handled him. Instead of allowing him to be a cancer and a distraction, that locker room is as strong as ever, and Plax is kind of a rebel on an island. Good for Coughlin.

i hope the put his ass thru the ringer.i love the fact that mayor bloomberg wants him pretty much buried under a prison.he must b a jets fan.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
If they win the division, Matt Ryan has to be the MVP. Seriously, what rookie qb has ever had more impact? I'd argue none. Big Ben was put into a great situation... a team that was very good but only got that high pick because of injuries. Dan Marino was great, but that team wasn't in the same state as the Falcons were before Matty Ice showed up. I mean, between the Vick thing, and Petrino quitting on them, who would've thought they'd contend for a division title already? What a great story.
Matt Ryan's been great, but I'm not sure I'm ready to name him MVP. I doubt he'd be half the quarterback he is without the opposing defense having to worry about stopping Micheal Turner and Jerious Norwood. Not to mention the killer year Roddy White is having.

I'm gonna sound like such a homer being a Viking fan, but honestly my vote goes to Adrian Peterson. It's breath taking to see this guy litteraly carrying his Gus Frerote managed offense week after week to a 7-5 record. You put in any other halfway decent QB and they'd be Superbowl contenders.

Meanwhile, I'd say coach of the year is Tom Coughlin. Without a doubt. Of course there will be the Patriots fans that say Bellicheat has done so much without Tom Brady, but right now they're still out of the playoffs and haven't beaten any real contenders. Coughlin has had to deal with much, much more. From all of Palaxico's baggage to the loss of Osi; as well as having to fight through that brutal NFC East as the reigning Superbowl champions. Cat faced Jeff Fisher hasn't been too bad either, but a lot of their sucess has to do with the guys they've brought in on defense. The Giants started winning when Shockey and Tiki Barber quit trying to get Eli to run the team and Coughlin regained control.

Last edited by Kevin Smith fan; 12-02-2008 at 11:06 AM..
Old 12-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith fan View Post
Matt Ryan's been great, but I'm not sure I'm ready to name him MVP. I doubt he'd be half the quarterback he is without the opposing defense having to worry about stopping Micheal Turner and Jerious Norwood. Not to mention the killer year Roddy White is having.

I'm gonna sound like such a homer being a Viking fan, but honestly my vote goes to Adrian Peterson. It's breath taking to see this guy litteraly carrying his Gus Frerote managed offense week after week to a 7-5 record. You put in any other halfway decent QB and they'd be Superbowl contenders.

Meanwhile, I'd say coach of the year is Tom Coughlin. Without a doubt. Of course there will be the Patriots fans that say Bellicheat has done so much without Tom Brady, but right now they're still out of the playoffs and haven't beaten any real contenders. Coughlin has had to deal with much, much more. From all of Palaxico's baggage to the loss of Osi; as well as having to fight through that brutal NFC East as the reigning Superbowl champions. Cat faced Jeff Fisher hasn't been too bad either, but a lot of their sucess has to do with the guys they've brought in on defense. The Giants started winning when Shockey and Tiki Barber quit trying to get Eli to run the team and Coughlin regained control.
obviously, we have to wait for the year to end. I said that Ryan should be MVP if and only if they win that division. Peterson has been great, but the NFC South is arguably the toughest division in football. If the Falcons go "worst to first" in that division, I think Ryan deserves consideration. Peterson will certainly get votes, as will Warner (numbers are unreal) and the Manning brothers.

And if Coughlin isn't a unanimous pick for coach of the year, it's a joke. Some new coaches have been great (Sparano in Miami, Smith in Atlanta), and some other coaches have helped improve their teams greatly (Gruden, Fox, Mangini) but between the expecations, adversity, and sheer dominance, Coughlin has to win. Only way this doesn't happen is if Miami wins out and wins the AFC East.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:35 PM
If the Jets win their division (and it looks like they will) Brett Favre will be given the MVP.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:46 PM
I am a little sad today......Vikes' Williamses among suspended

ESPN.com - Six players, including the heart of the Minnesota Vikings' stout defensive line, were suspended for four games without pay by the NFL on Tuesday for violating the league's anti-doping policy.

All six were punished for using a diuretic, which can serve as a masking agent for steroids. The suspended players were running back Deuce McAllister and defensive linemen Charles Grant and Will Smith of New Orleans; defensive linemen Kevin and Pat Williams of Minnesota; and long snapper Bryan Pittman of Houston.
The punishment means all six will miss the end of the regular season, an especially harsh blow to Minnesota, which relies heavily on the Williamses in its run defense, which ranks second in the league.

Angelo Wright, the agent for Pat Williams, said he planned to file a motion in federal court in the next 24 hours, presumably to put off his client's suspension.

If a player's team makes the playoffs, the player will be eligible to return to the active roster on Dec. 29.

The suspension of Pat and Kevin Williams, who are not related, may prove to be the most critical.

The Vikings lead Chicago by a game in the NFC North with four games left, in large part because the Williamses are considered the NFL's best defensive tackle combination.

Last Sunday, they led a goal-line stand that kept Chicago from taking a 14-3 second-quarter lead in Minneapolis. On the first play after the Bears were stopped, the Vikings' Gus Frerotte threw a 99-yard touchdown pass to Bernard Berrian, giving Minnesota a 10-7 lead it never lost, a 14-point swing.

"In response to this afternoon's ruling, the Minnesota Vikings are very disappointed in the National Football League's suspension of Kevin and Pat Williams," the team said in a statement. "At the appropriate time, we will have further comment."

Adolpho Birch, the NFL's vice president of law and labor policy, would not disclose during a conference call when the players tested positive.

Word of the positive test first leaked in late October. Asked why it took until the final four games of the regular season to hand down the suspensions, Birch said it was "a function of a lot of factors."

"I think if you ask most coaches, every game is important. I don't think they'd differentiate between the first and the last," Birch said. "We do have things in place to get them done as quickly as possible. But we had to deal with the number of players involved and adjust travel schedules. We have to fit it around the players' ability to attend."

David Cornwell, the lawyer for Pittman and the three Saints, called the decisions "inconsistent with the objectives of the steroid policy."

"Deuce, Will, and Charles did not try to enhance their performance with steroids, nor did they knowingly expose themselves to the adverse health risks of a diuretic," Cornwell said in an e-mail. "They took a weight loss supplement that they had every reason to believe was safe."

In their appeals, some players said the banned substance Bumetanide was not listed as an ingredient in StarCaps, an over-the-counter weight-loss pill.

In fact, Jackson filed suit against StarCaps in Alameda County Superior Court in California last month, seeking restitution for any lost salary and damages for "false advertising and unfair business practices."

But in issuing the suspensions, the league reiterated the section of its policy that reads:

"You and you alone are responsible for what goes into your body. Claiming that you used only legally available nutritional supplements will not help you in an appeal. ... Even if they are bought over-the-counter from a known establishment, there is currently no way to be sure that they contain the ingredients listed on the packaging or have not been tainted with prohibited substances ...

"If you take these products, you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK! For your own health and success in the league, we strongly encourage you to avoid the use of supplements altogether, or at the very least to be extremely careful about what you choose to take."

The NFL also said it sent two notifications about StarCaps on Dec. 19, 2006 -- one to NFL club presidents, general managers and head athletic trainers and the second to NFLPA executive Stacy Robinson, who oversees the steroid policy for the union. That letter, according to the league, advised that StarCaps had been added to the list of prohibited dietary supplement companies.

Asked if the NFL would review its policy on diuretics, Birch said the policy is reviewed every year.

"I suspect the players association may want to look specifically at diuretics or some other issues. We'd be happy to do that with them if appropriate," he said. "I do think it's good policy. It works well. It has different aspects to it, but we will certainly listen with an open mind and if it's appropriate to make change, make changes."

I am pissed for several reasons, but 1 thing that really pisses me off is Matt Jones and his cocaine. This dude can be arrested for having cocaine and he is still playing!!!!!! WTF is that all about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
NFL full of hypocrisy.....

Last edited by veddhead83; 12-02-2008 at 06:51 PM..
Old 12-02-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm glad they were all suspended today BUT I agree about Matt Jones. WTF!!!!!!!!! He gets caught with cocaine red handed and he doesn't miss a play for it. How the hell did that slip by the commish?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jones was suspended, and he's appealing. To my knowledge, the appeal hasn't gone through yet. It's due process. It's just taking a real long time. I don't know what the hold up is, but I'm pretty sure he can still be suspended.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:25 AM
They'll be suspended, come back for either the playoffs or next season, and the league will treat them like they never did anything wrong. Hell, Merriman got caught cheating and suspended. That prick went on to the Pro Bowl.

Anyone caught cheating should have that season's stats wiped from the records, and good luck next year hopefully playing clean.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:18 AM
The NFL also said it sent two notifications about StarCaps on Dec. 19, 2006 -- one to NFL club presidents, general managers and head athletic trainers and the second to NFLPA executive Stacy Robinson, who oversees the steroid policy for the union. That letter, according to the league, advised that StarCaps had been added to the list of prohibited dietary supplement companies.

We want to see these letters.....

And we are still waiting.......

Last edited by veddhead83; 12-03-2008 at 09:20 AM..
Old 12-03-2008, 07:22 PM
i'm a little happy the situation. Falcons wont have to deal with grant, duce, and smith on sunday. This also makes the upcoming vikings game a little easier.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:15 PM
NFL's drug suspensions of 5 blocked by federal judge!!!!!

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- A federal judge on Friday blocked the NFL from suspending five players for violating the league's anti-doping policy.

U.S. District Judge Paul Magnuson said he needed more time to consider the case after hearing several hours of arguments from the league and the NFL Players Association.

This is sweet for now, however there is a chance that the suspensions may go into the playoffs if these teams make it there. The judge is going look further into the case.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Fuckin' A I hate the Vikings.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings2525 View Post
Fuckin' A I hate the Vikings.
That's too bad....why?
Old 12-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Because I'm a Packers fan and there is almost nothing worst than Vikings fans (3rd behind Bears & Raiders fans).
Old 12-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Because I'm a Packers fan and there is almost nothing worst than Vikings fans (3rd behind Bears & Raiders fans).
that's interesting... in the east coast, we don't hear a lot about Vikings fans being crazy.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:40 AM
I still have this feeling that if the falcons win the next 4 games they keep the cowboys out of the playoffs
Old 12-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Quote:
There is nothing 'worst'........I believe it is worse. Fuck the CHEESEHEADS!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 04:06 PM
damn! the falcons broke my heart today. but it was a well fought game. matt ryan=315 yards....yeah, hes good
Old 12-07-2008, 06:34 PM
hahkjash fuck you deon sanders and your cowboys over steelers prediction, prime time yo!

romo and witten wtf
Old 12-07-2008, 07:11 PM
What the fuck, Jets? You get something special going and you piss it away. And it's not going to get any easier. I imagine them beating Buffalo next week, the Bills are pretty much done. They're going to lose to the Seahawks because the west coast hates the Jets. And Miami is going to curb stomp them in the final week. They finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs, Miami takes the division, and the Patriots nab the wild card. Book it.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:21 PM
this is the worst part about rooting for the Eagles... they always give us JUST enough hope to keep us interested. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. I was ready to write off the McNabb/Reid era, then they come out and dominate a solid Cardinals team and a great Giants team (I know it was 20-14, but they DOMINATED that game). Now, I'm starting to think that it's worth it to bring McNabb back for $11 million next year, because they have solid victories over Pittsburgh and the Giants with a healthy Westbrook. If they can bang with those teams, can't they realistically compete for a title? I HATE this. I'd almost rather see them go 4-12 just so this can end without any controversy or second thoughts.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:08 AM
The Phins are 8-5...I'm so happy. All I wanted to see this season was improvement, I never expected a turn around like this quite so fast. There's still plenty of holes on this team, but the foundation is there. That's something we haven't had in a long time after years of horrible drafts and free agent signings.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Quote:
As a Vikings fan, I know we're contractually obligated to hate each other; but I really don't know how we're the 3rd worse fans in the league? What about New England? Those spoiled Boston brats have three of the best teams in baseball, football, and basketball and they still bitch and complain non-stop.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:32 AM
So um, the Jets..

2 weeks ago they were called the best team in the AFC after beating the Titans. Now they're in danger of missing the playoffs. I've heard rumblings that Mangini could be toast at seasons end if they do in fact miss the playoffs.

Whats incredible is there may be up to 8 or 9 head coaching jobs open next season.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Good luck with that #1 Wide Receiver search next year. I hear Chad Johnson is oging to be available.
We'll leave guys like that to the Cowboys and Bengals, the real screw ups of the league