Old 10-19-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm shocked by my Raiders performance...

JaMarcus Russell actually looked like a QB!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:39 PM
59-0. Im shocked. Ive never seen a beatdown like that. Even after Brady left, some kid came in who's never played in the NFL before and HE scored on what was once a very, VERY tough, scary Titans Defense.

Used to be, you could maybe beat the Titans, but there was no way you were going to leave unscathed. They were going to beat you down and you'd be lucky to leave there with only a FEW injured players.

What happened?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
It's a matter of time Zorn just had the play calling duties stripped away from him. Both him and Campbell are gone after this year and Zorn it could be in a couple weeks.
I kinda felt bad for Campbell. Not only did he get benched, but the camera cut to him about 500 times.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:08 AM
I never thought I'd be saying this season but after tonight I have to admit it...the Broncos are a good football team. The offensive line played a great game and I was very impressed by the passing game - I never knew that Kyle Orton could be above mediocre. Bravo, you guys escaped what seemed like an off-season promising certain doom.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Unless they completely deteriorate later in the season, the Denver Broncos will become the 2009 AFC West champions. I think they've got it in the bag. After their bye, they're facing the Ravens and Steelers back-to-back -- neither game will be easy for them.

Strider
Old 10-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien22 View Post
The offensive line played a great game and I was very impressed by the passing game - I never knew that Kyle Orton could be above mediocre.
Kyle Orton has surprised the hell out of me this season, so far. He was such an unimpressive QB when he played for the Bears. As a Bronco, he looks like a completely different QB now. The Broncos are 6-0 and Orton is playing well -- fuck me. I never saw this coming.

Strider
Old 10-25-2009, 06:18 PM
It pisses me off to say my falcons suck. They dont deserve to win another game, and I fucking have to repair my wall cause i punched a hole in it. We will never have back to back wining seasons.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:23 PM

How about them Saints comin' back from a 24-3 deficit at the half eh?
Old 10-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgWizardry View Post
How about them Saints comin' back from a 24-3 deficit at the half eh?
Awesome. Go Saints!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Obviously, the best team in the NFC.

Saints & Colts in the Super Bowl. What a battle indeed.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:04 PM
I hate the saints worse than cancer but damn they good.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I still think it's going to be the Colts and Packers in the Super Bowl.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:07 PM
All right, my Bengals gave the Bears an absolute shelacking! Great way to go into the bye. Just keep playing like that fellas, and the AFC North just might be yours!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Is it me or is there a lot of fumbles this year? Every game I seem to watch, whoever has the ball fumbles it.

Also, could someone please teach Mark Sanchez how to carry the ball? I am not a Jets fan, but come on, you are a pro now, you should know how to hold the ball.

My Niners were making a comeback, sadly, Smith had to throw an interception.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:10 AM
I think its finally happened. Rather than sticking to our game plan of using Favre only when we need to and letting Peterson control our offense, Childress has bent over and let Brett Favre take control of this team. And yes that's a bad thing. On first and goal you call three consecutive pass plays? I realize the two turnovers were really just the work of the Steelers defense hounding the football, but still...

As for a Saints/Colts Superbowl...Really? How many times have we seen teams excel throughout the regular season only to find an early exit in the playoffs? Especially regarding the Indianapolis Colts. They've won that division for something like 7 years straight until last year, but have only made it to 1 Superbowl. I suppose this is only filling time until whispers of 16-0 begin.

If you'll remember back to last year, Indianapolis road Peyton Manning throughout the season to a playoff appearance. Joseph Addai had a huge slump and the defense is nothing beyond Bob Sanders. Now this season you take away Marvin Harrison and Tony Dungey and expect them to make it to the Superbowl? Nothing has changed. Bring the pressure on Manning and the Colts will collapse.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:05 AM

That is why I am counting on a New Orleans Saints victory if their paths should indeed cross in February.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:36 AM
That Pitt/ Minny game was insane. Easily the best one I have seen this year.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith fan View Post
As for a Saints/Colts Superbowl...Really? How many times have we seen teams excel throughout the regular season only to find an early exit in the playoffs? Especially regarding the Indianapolis Colts. They've won that division for something like 7 years straight until last year, but have only made it to 1 Superbowl. I suppose this is only filling time until whispers of 16-0 begin.
You're bugging if you think the Colts are more likely to collapse than the Saints. Only one of those qbs has a Super Bowl ring.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:11 AM
And all that means is that New Orleans are due for a ring.
And it's about fucking time.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:07 PM
HOW BOUT THEM SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!

Man I'm excited for the Monday night game vs. Atlanta.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:30 PM

It's gonna be the loudest Superdome EVER.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:36 PM
it's gonna be loud. Shit, I'm soooo not looking forward to it. I hate the damn saints. GO FALCONS!!!!!

Thank god we play washington, Carolina, and tampa after N.O
Old 11-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Brett Favre is the man!!!!

He tied Marino for most games with 4 TD's (21 games).
Old 11-01-2009, 06:47 PM

Drew Brees will shatter that record for sure.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:38 PM
WOOOO

OMG. The Houston Texans are 5-3.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:04 AM
Going to the ATL Falcons game today at 1 p.m then walking across the street to the ATL Hawks game at 7 p.m. I'll be siting 5 rows right behind the Redskins bench. I'll be the one in the Matt Ryan jersey taking shit to the Redskins players with a Bud Light in hand. GO FALCONS!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:17 PM
What an embarrassing loss for the Packers. They lost to the Bucs?! A previously winless team that they should've destroyed?! Fucking hell! The Packers deserved to lose, though. They're looking terrible out there, and the O-line not only sucks but also seems to want Aaron Rodgers to have a very short NFL career. Anyway...were the Bucs the last winless team to finally win a game? I don't think there's any left.

Colts and Saints are still undefeated and 8-0, even though the Texans and Panthers almost put an end to their streak, respectively. Next team the Colts face off against is the Patriots. Their streak may end this week.

HUGE win for the Chargers against the Giants, who are looking lost and confused on the football field. It's a good thing for the G-men that they have a bye this week, because they seriously need it.

I think the Ravens can forget about making the playoffs this year. They've been playing very inconsistently.

Titans are on a 2-game winning streak. They're ON FIRE!

Strider
Old 11-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
I think the Ravens can forget about making the playoffs this year. They've been playing very inconsistently.
Strider
I agree, they still have to play Indy once, and Pitt twice. They pretty much need to win out to make the playoffs, which I don't see happening.

It appears Indy and Minnesota are in. The NFC East and AFC North races seem to be the most exciting entering the 2nd half of the season. And the NFC wild card race seems to be more exciting than the AFCs at this point.

It's so sad, the season is already halfway over.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Aaron Rodgers sucks. I'm tired of hearing about how poor their o-line is. Rodgers is terrible. He holds on to the ball way too long, makes awful decisions, and turns the ball over at crucial times. Great for fantasy, terrible for an actual franchise.

I'm sick of how many commentators blame the o-line and the struggling running game. Granted, they've had problems, but the biggest problem is under center. Rodgers holds on to the ball as long as Roethlisberger, but the only difference is he doesn't move as well in the pocket and doesn't utilize the pump fake. He just stands in the pocket with deer-in-the-headlights look as he gets leveled to the ground time and time again. Pathetic.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:18 PM
I think Rodgers will find sucess, it just wont be overnight like Packers fans are hoping for. I think the O-line is clearly what's killing this team. That and the dissapearance of Ryan Grant. Without protection or a steady run attack, all a team has to do to shut down Green Bay is to shut down Aaron Rodgers. And with the way his O-line consistantly falls apart he doesn't have a chance back there.

We are forgetting that this is still one of the youngest teams in the league, and with time they will develope into quite the elite football team.

I think Denver fans may be feeling an eerie sense of deja vu...

After some miraculous receiving plays and a startling start to the season, they're quickly sinking back into mediocrity. An impotent offense and a run defense that makes Rashard Mendenhal into a star. After Rivers gunned his way down the field to an impressive win over the Gints, I think the Broncos have a lot to worry about.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Come on, Cowboys win 4th in a row.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:14 AM
I feel like an idiot for thinking the Bears would have a winning season this year. I didn't watch the game (I, like many others, don't have the NFL Network, which really sucks), but I saw the highlights, and the Bears looked simply godawful. In fact, they've looked godawful for the past three weeks or so.

I predict they'll finish the season 7-9.

Strider

Last edited by Strider; 11-13-2009 at 10:16 AM..
Old 11-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Wow. Before Favre signed with the Vikings, I'd picked the Bears as my NFC champions to face the Pats in the Superbowl this preseason.

I suppose Jay Cutler may have looked a little better due to the outrageous receiving duo of Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal...

The Bears No. 1 receiver is Devon Hester. How did anyone think this was going to work? Add that to the fact that the only pieces of Chicago's offense that worked last year, Greg Olsen and Matt Forte, are playing absolutely awful and it just adds to more of a disappointment for Chicago. And the defense isn't scaring anyone anymore. It may be time to rebuild AGAIN.

Add the Bears with the incredibly awful O-line of Green Bay, and the NFC North may be the most disappointing division in football.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith fan View Post
I suppose Jay Cutler may have looked a little better due to the outrageous receiving duo of Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal...
true, but it cuts both ways... Marshall and Royal are not producing the same numbers as they did last year, either.

Bottom line with Cutler: he's a guy who likes to take chances and isn't very accurate, but he doesn't have the receivers to compensate for those problems. He can throw into double coverage if he's throwing to Brandon Marshall. His underneath passes don't have to be perfect when he was throwing to Royal.

Chicago needs to get him some weapons, and he'll be effective. Will he ever be a top 5 qb? I don't think so (at this point, he's an official "gunslinger" who is gonna make a lot of mistakes, not a guy making young qb mistakes). But he's definitely better than he's showing this year.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Last night's Colts/Pats SNF face-off was easily the GAME OF THE YEAR (or at least of the 2009 regular season). What an amazing 4th Quarter comeback for the Colts. Fan-fucking-tastic game! This is why I love the NFL!

Strider
Old 11-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Yes indeed. I called the Colts winning that one.

What unnerves me though is how the Saints barely won against the fucking Rams. If the Saints play the Patriots in the same manner in 2 weeks they will get shillacked. Saints need to just bury Tampa next week and play New England the way they did the Giants.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgWizardry View Post
What unnerves me though is how the Saints barely won against the fucking Rams. If the Saints play the Patriots in the same manner in 2 weeks they will get shillacked. Saints need to just bury Tampa next week and play New England the way they did the Giants.
Good point. If there's such a thing as a scary win, then the Saints' win over the Rams was a "scary win." Honestly, these super-close, down-to-the-wire victories over teams like the Dolphins, Panthers, and now the Rams freak me out. They may be undefeated and 9-0, but I think the Saints need to make some improvements and try to finish games stronger. Like you said, if they continue to play this way, the Pats will DESTROY them.

Strider
Old 11-16-2009, 06:10 AM
Damn! I almost forgot to ask this question....

How about those Bengals?

If there were any non-believers prior to yesterday's game against the Steelers, I highly doubt they're still non-believers now. The Bengals are for real (I said this weeks ago), they're here to stay, and they're going to be tough to beat in the playoffs. So...WHO DEY!

Strider
Old 11-16-2009, 07:44 AM
I was so glad that Cincy beat the Steelers. I fucking HATE that team.

And if the Saints do go to the Super Bowl, I would much rather see them play either the Colts, Bengals, or Patriots instead of motherfucking Pittsburgh.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:32 AM
The Bengals are looking like they could get a first round bye in the playoffs. Their next three games at @Oakland, Cleveland and Detroit at home. They're in very good shape for the rest of the season.

Belichick made the wrong call. It's as simple as that. Absolutely no excuse for it.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it. Chris Johnson is the best RB in the league, sorry Adrian Peterson.