Old 05-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
And even if the Celtics manage to somehow put down the Heat, you can only put off the inevitable Championship win for the Heat for so long. Wade and Lebron will probably get a ring sometime in the next 3 years...dickheads.
Those fucking prima donna bitches will probably win more than one ring as well. The NBA isn't what it used to be. MJ balked at the idea of teaming up with Magic, Larry or Malone (or whoever) in an effort to make things easier to win a ring. I agree with him, there were actual REAL rivalries in the 80's & 90's damn it!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 AM
As much as everyone is rooting for the Celtics, you must admit it'd be hilarious to watch the Spurs sweep the Heat in the Finals.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
As much as everyone is rooting for the Celtics, you must admit it'd be hilarious to watch the Spurs sweep the Heat in the Finals.
The same thing will happen to the Celtics if they get to the Finals.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:29 PM
What the Spurs are doing is incredible. Makes me want to watch. 20 straight wins!!! WoW!! If they win game 3 in OK I will be really impressed.

I really hope the Nets get a top 3 pick in the lottery tonight. Please oh please
Old 05-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Really hoping San Antonio loses in Game 3. It'd be nice for a change. If Boston corrects everything they did wrong in Game 1 (rebounding especially) and get their head on straight, they could take Game 2 vs. Miami tonight.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:11 AM
Rajon Rondo has an EPIC fucking game and the C's still give up a 15 fucking point lead to lose the game. God DAMN it! If the C's lose Game 3, everyone should anticipate a sweep of the Heat in the Finals against the Spurs and might as well just stop watching.

If it's the Spurs/Heat in this years' Finals, I hope it gets the lowest ratings ever. (Though it's gonna be hard to beat the Spurs/Pistons from 2005 and Spurs/Cavs from 2007!) - Anyone seeing a fucking pattern here? I think the only people who actually GIVE a shit about the Spurs winning are those in San Antonio and Spurs fans in general. Which there aren't as many Spurs fans as say the Lakers or Knicks. Unbelievable.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Good showing by the Thunder tonight.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
If it's the Spurs/Heat in this years' Finals, I hope it gets the lowest ratings ever. (Though it's gonna be hard to beat the Spurs/Pistons from 2005 and Spurs/Cavs from 2007!) - Anyone seeing a fucking pattern here? I think the only people who actually GIVE a shit about the Spurs winning are those in San Antonio and Spurs fans in general. Which there aren't as many Spurs fans as say the Lakers or Knicks. Unbelievable.
Anyone who claims to be a basketball fan should be thrilled for a Spurs-anyone series. They're the most exciting team in years to watch if you actually like basketball. Maybe they're not the most likable guys because they don't have much of a personality, but they're unbelievably fun to watch and resemble nothing of the the "boring" Spurs of years past.

And you're a madman if you don't believe the Heat will draw big ratings. The only thing fans enjoy more than rooting for their team is hating a team like the Heat.

Props to OKC for winning last night, but that was a Game 7 for them. I don't think it means much ultimately, but if they find a way to win game 4 it could get interesting.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't know, maybe it's just because I'm biased because I live in Texas... but I am kinda sick of hearing about how boring the Spurs are.

(Casual NBA fan here, basically only watch the play offs.)
Old 06-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I don't know, maybe it's just because I'm biased because I live in Texas... but I am kinda sick of hearing about how boring the Spurs are.

(Casual NBA fan here, basically only watch the play offs.)
Yeah man a lot of people say they are boring but if you watch them play they are anything but boring. I think in game 2 they put up 120 against what is considered to be the must exciting run and gun team to watch. It is awesome watching Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli play.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:12 PM
I've come around to this current version of the Spurs. I still don't find them terribly exciting, but I think that has more to do with how noncompetitive most teams have been with them. That said, they're much more fun to watch than the 05 team and a lot more likable than the Flop City 07 team.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 PM
I've always loathed San Antonio in any year or incarnation. This year is no different. I fucking hate them, their coach and their players. Nothing will change that. I feel the same about Miami as well.... So yeah, that's why I'm constantly talking shit about both teams and their key players.

Having said all that, I'm VERY happy to see Boston take Game 3 at home. They needed it and I am confident they can tie the series in Game 4 on Sunday. The KEY game is going to be Game 5 in Miami.... If the C's can take Game 4 and ride that momentum into Game 5, they've got a VERY good chance to win this series. Not sure how likely it'll be, but NOW that both the Celtics and Thunder have won both their Game 3's, it makes these Playoffs a helluva lot more interesting.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Quote:
I've always loathed San Antonio in any year or incarnation. This year is no different. I fucking hate them, their coach and their players. Nothing will change that. I feel the same about Miami as well.... So yeah, that's why I'm constantly talking shit about both teams and their key players.
Yeah, but at some point objectivity will have to kick in. It's all entertainment. For example, I've been a Tar Heel fan my whole life, but even I was blown away by that amazing 2010 championship game. It was hard seeing Duke take the title, especially during a year when UNC was lousy, but a great game is a great game regardless. This has been a compelling playoff series and I have high expectations down the road.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Spurs and Timberwolves are the best teams to watch if you truly love the sport of basketball.

For the Spurs, the way they work together is beautiful. Not just on offense (best passing team I've seen), but especially on D. Watching how Duncan always picks up the guy curling off a screen in the high post, how they communicate... if Andrew Bynum watched video of the Spurs, the Lakers would still be in the playoffs.

I also love the Wolves when Rubio is healthy. I think Rubio and Love have taken the mantle of "best pick and roll duo" now that Amare no longer is teamed with Nash, who took the mantle after Stockton and Malone broke up. Any high school coach should make his team watch clips of Rubio and Love.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:00 AM
THUNDER! I'm very happy they tied up their series against the Spurs tonight. Now if they can win Game 5, they're going to Finals.... I'm pretty confident in that prediction, actually.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Celtics win a nail biter last night and OKC takes the lead 3-2 in their series over San Antonio tonight. It'd be so awesome to get a Celtics/Thunder Finals!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:26 AM
The Celtics-Heat game last night was the most over officiated game I've seen in a very long time. I hope the players will just take it easy and not make it ugly again. As exciting as it was, some of the fouls called on Pierce and LeBron were ridiculous. I'm sympathetic to a lot of so-called "flopping" that occurs because half of the time it really is a case of a bigger guy running into a smaller guy, but COME ON...

I'm still picking the Spurs to win the WCF. I just am. If the knowledgable guys in the media won't stick to their guns, then us casual fans will have to. I also think the Celtics will win theirs, but I can't be too certain. Fantastic playoffs so far, despite some of the shit that drives me nuts.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Celtics win a nail biter last night and OKC takes the lead 3-2 in their series over San Antonio tonight. It'd be so awesome to get a Celtics/Thunder Finals!
Oh, how I wish the Thunder were still the SuperSonics right now.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoojib127 View Post
Oh, how I wish the Thunder were still the SuperSonics right now.
Why?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Eric Spoelstra is going to be without a job very, very soon. If I'm Jerry Sloan I'm keeping a very close eye on that.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:43 AM
BOSTON WINS!!!! The Miami Cunts are done come Thursday, and my Celtics are going BACK to the NBA Finala again! They're gonna win #18 baby!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
Eric Spoelstra is going to be without a job very, very soon.
Indeed. He didn't think it was "fair" to play Bosh in the fourth quarter? What the fucking fuck? The third best player on your team scores 9 points and grabs 7 rebounds in 12-14 minutes, so you bench him? Wasn't he cleared to play 25 minutes?

Whatever. I'm hoping for OKC/Boston.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Coach Spo deserves about 2% of the blame. At most.

His leaders just aren't getting it done. They're not just mentally weak, they're mentally fragile. They thought it would be easy.

And Bosh was getting destroyed by KG, especially on that run to end the 3rd quarter. He would not have been the difference.

In other news...

Quote:
Frankenberry Reborn

I just figured this out. I'm an idiot.

Last edited by AceD; 06-06-2012 at 10:18 AM..
Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
More like 20%. What positive adjustments has he made? Scott Brooks made defensive adjustments to help turn that series around, I haven't seen much go for Miami. They look like an amorphous, confused team half the time. All I'm saying is that if Spoelstra gets fired, which he probably will assuming the Heat don't make it to the Finals, it would be a great opportunity for a great coach with a real vision (Sloan) to come in for that team.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
More like 20%. What positive adjustments has he made? Scott Brooks made defensive adjustments to help turn that series around, I haven't seen much go for Miami. They look like an amorphous, confused team half the time. All I'm saying is that if Spoelstra gets fired, which he probably will assuming the Heat don't make it to the Finals, it would be a great opportunity for a great coach with a real vision (Sloan) to come in for that team.
I don't think Spo is a great coach. But his leaders are terrible and don't run the plays he calls. In game 3 he drew up a perfect play to get Chalmers an open three, but Wade ignored it... if Wade had driven, that's acceptable, but instead he took the three himself. Just an unbelievably terrible decision (and I'd be saying the same thing if he'd happen to make it). Every single time Wade or Bron takes a three I cheer. Make or miss. I don't care. It's a bad choice on their part every single time. Neither of them are good shooters from distance; both of them are at their best driving.

And it's not just the threes. Wade's a great player in the lane, but too often he just attacks blindly and takes a circus shot. He can make them, but it's not good offense.

Again, I don't think Spo has made anything great of this team, but I'm unconvinced anyone could. You can't fix stupid.

And yes, Pierce's three last night to seal the game was a risky move, but he's a much better shooter, a much more proven clutch player and Bron gave him too much room (a fact that's being a tad ignored today).
Old 06-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Isn't it amazing that when it comes to the true measure of success (rings) that statistically Paul Pierce is BETTER than LeBitch? Sure, James may have 3 MVP's during regular season, but The Truth has an NBA Finals MVP and a Championship to show for it. So James can keep all of his regular season MVP's, none of that shit matters if he doesn't win championships.

LoL! FAIL!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
I see what you're saying, but has LeBron ever been challenged by a superior? At least in the NBA, he's never been coached by a guy who is willing to step up and kick ass. He has mostly gotten away with whatever he wants. Spo doesn't have balls, and it's obvious that his stars walk all over him.

And I lol'd at your epiphany.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:44 PM
And the team formerly known as the Sonics go back to the NBA Finals for the first time since 1996.

Don't worry Thunder, the Celtics are going to bring it to you guys and win #18 soon!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:05 AM
It's good to see people my own age carrying NBA championship caliber teams.

Last edited by Brando @$$ Fat; 06-07-2012 at 01:34 AM..
Old 06-07-2012, 01:40 AM
I like OKC and they shouldn't be blamed for this, but having Crawford and Kennedy ref that game was a horrible choice and will rightfully lead to people crying anti-Spurs conspiracy. It's like having Skip Bayless ref Game 6 of Heat-Celtics.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Why?
Because I'm a fan of Seattle teams in general (for better or worse)?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:24 AM
I think the Heat will pull it out against Boston and I pray that OKC kills the Heat. I don't want Lebron to ever win a ring. I hope his talents with his heart die in south beach.

OKC built their team the proper way. It is a shame the money will break it apart. It would be refreshing to see players take a little less money to stay on a winning team. I know it is silly of me to say it and suggest a player turn down litterally millions of dollars, but on the flip side, I hope the Nets can snag one of them.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
OKC built their team the proper way. It is a shame the money will break it apart. It would be refreshing to see players take a little less money to stay on a winning team. I know it is silly of me to say it and suggest a player turn down litterally millions of dollars, but on the flip side, I hope the Nets can snag one of them.
Well to be fair the Heat's big three did all take less money to play together. I have said before and say again: I have absolutely no problem with Bron leaving Cleveland, they never brought him any help and his owner was obviously a terrible racist. The way he left was the problem. But if you're looking for refreshing approaches and guys taking less money...Miami's really the epitome of that in the league right now.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:

Don't worry Thunder, the Celtics are going to bring it to you guys and win #18 soon!
If the Celts get through they will be destroyed. Sorry to break it to you.
Im not even an OKC fan, I can just see that they are unstoppable. Miami would get blown out as well.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Game 7 is going to be fantabulous. I'm probably going to watch Pacquiao-Bradley, but damned if I don't keep a very close eye on that game. LeBron played brilliantly tonight, but I want to see him play that kind of ball when everything comes down to the line. To me, Game 7 should be about getting those answers. It won't do to see the Heat just roll right through them like they did tonight.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Boy, people are fickle. Four days ago, Miami was finished, and now there's no way Boston can win. People, it's the playoffs! I'll admit that I've made some bold predictions that were flat-out wrong, but it's not like the other outcome was totally inconceivable. "I don't see how blank team can possibly win" is the worst kind of prediction someone can make for the playoffs.

If LeBron can play the kind of otherworldly geniusball he played the other night, then the Celtics are going to get fried. If LeBron has an average game (for him) and doesn't get the contributions he needs, then it's going to be a long night. I would love to see a close game where LeBron is amazing, Rondo has a great night, and Pierce shoots well. Who wins then? That would be an amazing game.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:58 PM
It's the ESPN hive mind.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:46 PM
If the Celtics lose and the Heat go on to play OKC in the Finals. I'll not bother watching the Finals, as I honestly couldn't care less. I would of course be happy if the Thunder won it all in that particular scenario though. Just so LeBitch doesn't get his ring. Should be a good game though tonight, nonetheless.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:34 AM
It's hard to see a path for Miami to 4 games against the Thunder. But we'll see. I'm tempted to pick them anyway.

However, my initial intuition is OKC in 6. I assume a lot of people will be throwing this prediction out there.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Quote:
If the Celtics lose and the Heat go on to play OKC in the Finals. I'll not bother watching the Finals, as I honestly couldn't care less. I would of course be happy if the Thunder won it all in that particular scenario though. Just so LeBitch doesn't get his ring. Should be a good game though tonight, nonetheless.
I'm sorry you feel that way. It's a shame you put your hatred of an individual ahead of the entire sport.