Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Sports
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2004, 12:54 PM
Araujo will bring us Raptor fans one good thing this year, FIGHTS!!! The guy plays vicious, dirty, and has a hockey-like mentality.. even if he doesn't score, it'll be fun having a goon on the team.. as for bosh, he's going to explode, and rafer too.. and the raps DO have carter, rose, marshall, peterson.. yep, this team is good... not 26th in the fucking league like ESPN always says they are in their joke power rankings
Old 11-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by chiefxcel
Araujo will bring us Raptor fans one good thing this year, FIGHTS!!! The guy plays vicious, dirty, and has a hockey-like mentality.. even if he doesn't score, it'll be fun having a goon on the team.. as for bosh, he's going to explode, and rafer too.. and the raps DO have carter, rose, marshall, peterson.. yep, this team is good... not 26th in the fucking league like ESPN always says they are in their joke power rankings
The bigger joke right now is CNNSI ranking Houston in 6th. They really sure look like it right now. I swear maybe McGrady has the touch of death.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Is there room on the Raptor bandwagon for one more?

Chris Bosh and Loren Woods have been awesome through two games. It looks like Sam Mitchell has really turned this team around. It's very early, but he seems like a fantastic coach.

The Raptors are going to be the most improved team in the League this year.

Playoffs?

Easily.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:40 PM
I think if they can stay healthy they have a shot at there division, its by far the weakest division in the Eastern Conference, let alone the entire NBA. With pretty cool seeing them beat the defending champs.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:29 PM
You know what makes me sick?

Latrell Sprewell claiming that 10 Million dollars a year isn't enough and claiming that he's just "trying to feed his kids." Are you kidding?

That makes me nuts, and it should make you nuts too.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:55 AM
good start for the raptors, but the real test will be when they hit the west coast next week, but still, great start from the whole team, no stand outs really

poor donyell marshall tho
Old 11-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ChemicalRomance

Latrell Sprewell claiming that 10 Million dollars a year isn't enough and claiming that he's just "trying to feed his kids." Are you kidding?

I'd like to know how big this family is? No wonder why people like us hate million dollar crybabies.

Also great win by the Raptors last night Loren Woods is just been a monster so far and I think Detroit just underestimated the Raptors excpet for Ben Wallace I think Detroit thought it was going to be a cakewalk especially when reading Ben Wallace's comments.

Toronto accomplished something only Dallas did last year and that was score 100 points on Detroit and outscored their bench 30-6 now who said the Raptors bench was going to suck this year again.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:47 PM
damn yo, the Raps have certainly got the depth to do some damage, i mean when u got Marhsall and Mo Peter coming off the bench you have got depth

another win, so far impressive, but a small crowd!
Old 11-07-2004, 04:24 PM
We're only 3 games into the season and already the Nuggets are looking...how shall we say...way overrated. Hopefully they can get their chemistry clicking post haste.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ChemicalRomance

Sprewell is a whiny, greedy, arrogant BITCH! If I were Minnesota, I'd trade him immediately or bench his ass. In fact, they should trade him for Shareef because Portland would be a perfect fit for that girly-haired dolt. Trying to feed his kids?? Are they fucking 400 pound kids or what? I'm PRETTY sure that 10 million dollars (a year) can feed a fucking country let alone a family of 5 people. PJ Carlisimo should give him a beating.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:23 AM
Raptors with another win, wow. They've beaten three quality teams right here, and have gotten great contributions from multiple players every game. They remind me a bit of say, the New England Patriots. They don't have one superstar to rely on, they have a bunch of players who can get the job done and they play as a TEAM. Alston, Carter, Rose, Bosh, and Woods make up a very solid starting lineup. Peterson, Marshall, Palacio, and Murray can all contribute off the bench too. You have to love what this team is doing, while not playing the defense that they did last year, they're bringing the offense that they didn't. The latter is better of course, because it makes the basketball much more exciting. Also makes us harder to be blow out because we have so many guys who can get it done and we can afford bad games from a couple players and still get by. Still very early, but definitely a great start and much better than anyone thought. A very tough road trip ahead, but we should be in for some very good games.

Last edited by chiefxcel; 11-08-2004 at 04:26 AM..
Old 11-08-2004, 10:21 AM
You know this Raptors team looks pretty good so far 3-0 and a another win over Portland in the worst crowd in Raptors history at the Air Canada Centre. I know the Argos weren't playing but WTF?

Tough road now as they play Sacramento tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:27 PM
The Raps where lucky to win yesterday, and it pisses me off that they keep playing Bonner instead of Araujo. Bonner is nothing but a Euro ball chucker, a big guy that parks himself on the perimeter and chucks the ball everytime he gets it, and he got bullied in the paint all game by Randolph, they should cut this jabrone...

Sure Araujo has no offensive game yet, but at least he can get rebounds, and can play good D down low...
Old 11-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Ok now I know why Artest is suspended for 2 games becuase he wanted a month because of a busy schedule so he can go and promote a fucking rap album WHAT???

Your a fucking basketball player it just boggles the mind when shit like this happens.

Nice to see the Raptors hand Utah their first loss winning 104-95 and the best thing is they did it in the 4th QTR with Jalen Rose and Vince Carter on the bench for most of it. It wasn't Sam Mitchell's idea but he said they were playing well and they earned the right to be on the court.

You know I'm really liking Sam Mitchell's style right now it's working.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Looks like the Celts may not be to bad this year. They got there center back healthy, Payton looks interested so far, and Pierce looks like he will have his best season yet.

It isnt saying much in the eastern conference but they will make the post season.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Booyah! Dirk - 41 points, 10 boards, and one Shaq spanking.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:49 AM
You know what I like?

The eastern conference...

You know why?

Because at 3-3 a team can be in first place!

Old 11-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Haddonfield
You know what I like?

The eastern conference...

You know why?

Because at 3-3 a team can be in first place!

I still think that everyone in that division is finishing under .500 since the East after 4 teams is completely pathetic just look at the Hornets good .500 team and move to the West and they can't even win a game.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Does everyone still think the mavs suck?
Old 11-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by adamjohnson
Does everyone still think the mavs suck?
I didn't think they would be this good right now but certainly their defense has been a surprise but now they have lost Finley and Dampier for a short amount of time will hurt for the next 1-2 weeks

Dallas is doing very well I think they will be able to keep it up throughout the season
Old 11-19-2004, 09:47 PM
WOW!!! Complete hell just broke loose at the end of the Pacers-Pistons game in Detroit. Pistons lost by a big lead, and they had to call the game off with 45 seconds left. Ron Artest made a foul on Ben Wallace late in the game...a couple of fights broke out and the crowd got involved.
What a low point in the NBA.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Good god all hell just broke lose in Detroit. It's a real shame I'm a Pistons fan and live in Detroit tonight. Wow, what a mess.

Old 11-19-2004, 10:20 PM
I guess they felt they had to make up for the lack of fighting in professional sports that the hockey lockout has caused.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Artest can now get his time off and focus on his rap music.. probably going to get either a 20-30 game suspension or a full season suspension ala Todd Bertuzzi in the NHL... the worst brawl in sports history happened tonight, and I was glad that I saw a good amount of it.. unbelievable, Artest pounded 2 fans, Jackson pounded 1, and O'Neal pounded 1 as well.. Tinsley and Jones also got into it.. the punches landed by Artest, Jackson, and O'Neal were just plain vicious and showed how tough these guys are.. the fans should know better than this.. and artest not backing down from ben wallace blew my mind, that takes balls, MAJOR balls.. the guy is nuts, and he may not play another game in a Pacers jersey or in the NBA period.

if the pic doesn't work, go to http://www33.brinkster.com/chiefxcel/artest.jpg

Last edited by chiefxcel; 11-19-2004 at 11:10 PM..
Old 11-19-2004, 11:21 PM
The reaction on other boards, and also on ESPN, to this is disheartening to me. Tim Legler, Stephen A. Smith and Greg Anthony (who I've always thought was an asshole anyway) all seem to think that if you get provoked and it makes you mad, you can pretty much do anything you want.

Professional athletes can NOT, under any circumstances, be allowed to go into the crowd after people. Never. EVER.

Artest and Jackson need to be sent out for at least 20 games each, I'd say 50+ (like Bertuzzi, who should be in jail.)

Of course, we live in a world where Jayson Williams, Mark Chmura, Ray Lewis and Christian Peter are walking around, instead of playing pickup hoops at Lompoc, so...don't hold your breath.

Don't get me wrong, quite a few people in that crowd should, and hopefully will if they're identified, be charged with assault. But you can't just wind up a psycho like Artest and set him loose on a crowd of paying customers and hope he actually saw who did what.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
The reaction on other boards, and also on ESPN, to this is disheartening to me. Tim Legler, Stephen A. Smith and Greg Anthony (who I've always thought was an asshole anyway) all seem to think that if you get provoked and it makes you mad, you can pretty much do anything you want.

Professional athletes can NOT, under any circumstances, be allowed to go into the crowd after people. Never. EVER.

Artest and Jackson need to be sent out for at least 20 games each, I'd say 50+ (like Bertuzzi, who should be in jail.)

Of course, we live in a world where Jayson Williams, Mark Chmura, Ray Lewis and Christian Peter are walking around, instead of playing pickup hoops at Lompoc, so...don't hold your breath.

Don't get me wrong, quite a few people in that crowd should, and hopefully will if they're identified, be charged with assault. But you can't just wind up a psycho like Artest and set him loose on a crowd of paying customers and hope he actually saw who did what.
He shouldn't get suspended at all. He was just laying there not harming anyone and he threw a water bottle at him and he lost it. A bunch of the fans ganged up on him and his teammates were defending him. What else is he supposed to do, take the shots and pretend like nothing's going on?

The only suspension deserving is maybe two games for the push on Wallace and three for Jackson. What Bertuzzi did was completly different. Bertuzzi jumped on the back of a guy and pounded on his neck. He fractured his neck because of a legal check a few nights earlier on Naslund.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by brodeurnumber1
Bertuzzi jumped on the back of a guy and pounded on his neck. He fractured his neck because of a legal check a few nights earlier on Naslund.
Not comparing the two incidents, as such, because they're very different, but they're equally serious and merit equal suspensions.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Not comparing the two incidents, as such, because they're very different, but they're equally serious and merit equal suspensions.
Equally serious? Bertuzzi broke his neck and started the incident. The fans started this incident, not Artest. He lost it and rightfully so.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:44 AM
OH. MY. GOD. That was the most insane fucking thing I have ever seen! Definitly a low point for the NBA, but what a scene to watch. Beers flying, innocent fans getting clocked by NBA players, game getting called. I really feel bad for the terrified kids though..
Old 11-20-2004, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by brodeurnumber1
He lost it and rightfully so.
I'm not going to get into a big argument over this but players attacking fans is never all right. There's no way to excuse multimillionaire professionals for attacking fans who may or may not have provoked them.

As I wrote before, someone certainly did, and they deserve to be prosecuted to the full extent, but I'm just not sure Artest was in a position to say who did the throwing and who was simply a bystander, and he can't attack either, period.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:46 AM
any other athlete other than Artest and he would have taken it, but we all know artest is a fucking nut, and well, he proved it tonite, Artest will be banned for probly the year, and O'Neal fucking sMOKED that one dude, and will get 20+ games for that

man, that is fucking crazy...
Old 11-20-2004, 03:07 AM
ok, iagree with buck, this was fucking insane.

artest should be gone for the year and wallace, o'neal, jackson, long time as well.

you cant act like that, thats why they have security, but fuck, artest is lucky he didnt run over some kid or seriously injure someone.

and the 3 on ESPN..... they suck.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:33 AM

Old 11-20-2004, 04:10 AM
I guess they were reshowing the game on ESPN2 and I got the final part, before it started and things had claimed down, thanks to Rasheed Wallace of all people and Reggie Miller, but when the fan threw the bottle, all hell broke loose.

I still don't think Artest made the right call, but if I was in his situation, I would've done the same, so even though he gets blame, most should be put on the fans. They acted horribly. Like... really. Artest ran up and Jackson followed and at least 20 people just feel right on them and I have no clue how they got out of their.

It was just a mess, and I don't blame the other players involved, they were looking out for their teammate, again, I would've done the same.

Arrests and suspensions should happen and if I was Daniel Stern, I'd be shitting my pants right now.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by notchreturns
and if I was Daniel Stern, I'd be shitting my pants right now.
Whatd' he do?

You're thinking of David Stern.

I still can't get over O'Neal CLOCKING that fan with that sucker punch out of nowhere. I have to admit, after the 5th or 6th time you see it, it's pretty funny.

Last edited by Indiana Sev; 11-20-2004 at 04:22 AM..
Old 11-20-2004, 04:36 AM
Hahaha.

I was in shock when Artest jumped into the stands, but when I saw him and O'Neal get into the fight on the court with the two little Spanish guys, I couldn't stop laughing.

It looked like O'Neal was acting out Street Fighter or something, he just comes out of nowhere and whacks the guy
Old 11-20-2004, 04:44 AM
Ok, I just saw the funniest thing, hands down. Watch for when O'Neal is trying to get into the lockerroom and he's between the crowd. One of the Pacers players, didn't see the name, was carrying was one those carrier you use to sweep garbage into to fend off the fans

Holy hell, it turned into Braveheart down there!
Old 11-20-2004, 05:06 AM

These two teams meet up again on Christmas day!
Old 11-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by notchreturns
[...] things had claimed down, thanks to Rasheed Wallace of all people
Okay, that's the funniest part of the whole thing. Mr. Technical has turned into Gandhi under Larry's tutelage.

Brown contemptuously tossing the faulty mic down and yelling at the PA guy about the "fuckin' microphone" (you can read his lips) was also funny, after the fact.

Artest and Jackson, gone for the year. I'm as serious as I can be.

This was infinitely worse than that overblown thing with Spree and P.J. Carlesimo.

The one upshot of this? I got to see that hilarious footage of Mike Millbury and Terry O'Reilly (both later NHL coaches) climbing into the MSG seats in full uniform to go after Ranger fans in '79.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:53 AM

Quote:
The one upshot of this? I got to see that hilarious footage of Mike Milbury and Terry O'Reilly (both later NHL coaches) climbing into the MSG seats in full uniform to go after Ranger fans in '79.
They showed the same clips up here. I don't think I'd ever seen that one before. The obligatory Tie Domi brouhaha with a Philly fan was part of the same highlight package.