Old 04-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Agreed Bfox, last night was excruciating.

14 walks!? Every single person on the Yankees had a walk, and Jason Giambi had 4 alone. The amount of men they left on base was inexcuseable. It goes to show again that they either score 10 and win by a lot, or score nothing and lose by a little. This lack of consistency and gelling is getting incredibly frustrating.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:07 AM
Better win tonight, Chacon pitched a gem (okay it was against the D-Rays.)

By the way, Derek Jetter? Batting .408. That's why he is The Captain.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:06 AM
The Tigers scored 18 runs today!!!! World Series here we come!
Old 04-30-2006, 01:34 AM
daddiefatsacks, isn't it just incredible irony that Giambi hit the ball 3493490734 ft. into the right upper deck today against the Jays?

I just thought about our conversations haha.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by fooknasty
Detroit ahead of Minnesota??? HAHAHAHAHA, that is the funniest thing I've heard in forever. Minnesota will gang rape the Tigers every time they play them this year.
I dug this up just for the last two days. I believe the Tigers have gang raped the Twins TWICE already, beating them 18-1 and 9-0 in the last two days. Oh the joy.

Last edited by brodeurnumber1; 04-30-2006 at 01:41 AM..
Old 04-30-2006, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ChemicalRomance
daddiefatsacks, isn't it just incredible irony that Giambi hit the ball 3493490734 ft. into the right upper deck today against the Jays?

I just thought about our conversations haha.
amazing what balco will do for you
Old 04-30-2006, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by daddiefatsacks
amazing what balco will do for you
::loud yawn::
Old 04-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by brodeurnumber1
I dug this up just for the last two days. I believe the Tigers have gang raped the Twins TWICE already, beating them 18-1 and 9-0 in the last two days. Oh the joy.
Hehe. I thought about digging that up.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:18 PM
As long as Giambi keeps passing steroid tests and playing great baseball, I could give a fuck what the perception of him from AL East rival fans is, no offense to daddiefatsacks personally.

You'd think people would spend more time mocking Jeremy Giambi. What a guido...
Old 04-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Let's just remind you again that the Twins lost again today, 6-0. That would be a sweep by outscoring the Twins 33-1 in 3 games. Yes, 33-1. That is an absolute shellacking.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Well, the Bosox continued their bizarre record of trading people to and from their team multiple times, re-acquiring Doug Mirabelli from the Padres for Josh Bard and two minor leaguers.

That's an awkward locker room...
Old 05-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Oh man, due to the rainout tonight YES aired a Yankees Classic in the form of Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS.

I will never forget that night. The game itself was incredible. Posada hits the game tying double and pumps both his fists into the air. Boone , batting .125 acheived baseball immortality on the first pitch off Wakefield in the bottom of the 10th.

First pitch Wakefield through was a haning knuckleball. Boone took it for a ride over the left field wall. Charley Steiner exclaims: "AND THE YANKEES ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES! AARON BOONE!"

Just watching it gives me chills. The absolute bedlam of Yankee Stadium. One person I know was there and when I asked him about it he replied that he didn't even know how to react. Boone rounds second base and you see Rivera with his face in the mound on his knees. Jeter and Gimabi screaming into the stands. Pandemonium in the stands.

One of the best baseball games I've ever seen and one of the best nights of my life. Incredible.

Old 05-03-2006, 12:37 AM
hahaha and then they lost to the marlins
Old 05-03-2006, 03:54 PM
I couldn't take your comment in becuase I was too busy combing my mind for where the Blue Jays were that year.

Oh, burn.

Well when people say that I don't really mind. Yeah they lost, the World Series really wasn't even close, but god damn if that wasn't some fo the greatest baseball I've ever seen played.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:31 PM

go jays
Old 05-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Hahhahahahah!!!!!

Holy shit where'd you get that, that is hysterical!
Old 05-05-2006, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Oh man, due to the rainout tonight YES aired a Yankees Classic in the form of Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS.
They also showed it on ESPN Classic earlier in the day before the first game of the recent series.

Quote:
I will never forget that night. One of the best baseball games I've ever seen and one of the best nights of my life.
Yes, yes and no.

Incidentally, I still blame Pedro far more than convenient scapegoat Grady Little (who is too laid back and sane to ever manage for long in Boston.)

I've talked to good friends of mine who are Red Sox fans and their excuses all center around how Grady was supposed to understand that when Pedro said he was fine, he was really trying to say "For fuck's sake, get me out of here, man!"
Old 05-06-2006, 02:05 AM
gooooo jays!!! destroyin the angels
Old 05-08-2006, 01:49 AM
Fenway Park is honestly, with the exception of Wrigley Field, the only place where traditional baseball is played anymore. Yankee Stadium, amongst others have millions thrown into it to make it look like an amusement park. Fenway has the only original manual scoreboard out of the entire league, shitty field and if someone hits a homer, it'll fly onto Lansdowne Street. Tradition, which has been long gone from the league for a long, long, time.

PS -- The Yankees have a shitting pitching roster. The Red Sox will still dominate the Yanks, just because of that. You'd think they'd learn by now.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:12 AM
I'm not a big fan of the pre-remodel Yankee Stadium. I liked the upper deck latticework, which they sort of preserved out in centerfield, way up high, but I'm surprised someone didn't brain themselves on one of those obelisks when they were on the field. I much prefer the post 1976 version we still have.

I've been watching Baseball seriously since 1977 and believe me...with a few exceptions, all extant parks are the best ones the franchises have ever played in. I don't care for the Yankees, but that stadium simply oozes history (as does Fenway, which is the best sports venue in North America, IMHO.)
Old 05-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Yankee Stadium is the world's greatest place to see anything. Ever.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:13 AM
They used to box there a lot. Joe Louis fought there and Ali "beat" Ken Norton there in '76 (watch the film sometime...Norton had Ali's number: broke his jaw in San Diego and I swear to God he beat him that night in the Bronx.)
Old 05-09-2006, 11:30 PM
see, when the yanks put someone on the DL, they have NOONE to bring up...Melky Cabrera is an absolute shit player
Old 05-09-2006, 11:42 PM

An absolute avalanche of boos as The Big Eunich leaves the mound in shame.

Music to my ears
Old 05-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by daddiefatsacks
see, when the yanks put someone on the DL, they have NOONE to bring up...Melky Cabrera is an absolute shit player
ACTUALLY Melky is a pretty good player. He batted well over 300 in triple A this season and was having a solid fielding season. I dont know why he has problems fielding the the majors but he is one of our top prospects and will hopefully be another Cano who also started off his yankee debut horrible ( 0-21 something like that) but is now a very good hitter and at times his fielding is gold glove caliber.

BTW Melky had 2 hits last night
Old 05-10-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm feeling deja vu all over again because of last year when they brought up Melky Cabrera. Bring him up against the Sox to play center (this time it was right) and he just botches important balls. 2 hits are nice, but if he messes up again say goodbye. Yanks don't hesitate.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Quote:
I'm feeling deja vu all over again because of last year when they brought up Melky Cabrera. Bring him up against the Sox to play center (this time it was right) and he just botches important balls. 2 hits are nice, but if he messes up again say goodbye. Yanks don't hesitate.
Dont you remeber Sean Henn??
Old 05-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bfox1220
ACTUALLY Melky is a pretty good player. He batted well over 300 in triple A this season and was having a solid fielding season. I dont know why he has problems fielding the the majors but he is one of our top prospects and will hopefully be another Cano who also started off his yankee debut horrible ( 0-21 something like that) but is now a very good hitter and at times his fielding is gold glove caliber.

BTW Melky had 2 hits last night
Cano is FAR from a gold glover caliber defender, I can gurantee that.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Cano is FAR from a gold glover caliber defender, I can gurantee that.
Thats why I said at times just saying he makes play that are gold glove caliber. I dont think he will win a gold glove.....this year.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Cano will, mark my words, win a batting title or two within in his career. The guy has explosive talent at the plate. Don't believe me? Mike of the Mike & Mad Dog radio team claimed with extreme certainty that he will win several batting titles.

By the way, a little stat for daddiefatsacks : Since last July (80 games or 1/2 season), Jason Giambi has 38 home runs. That would be on pace for a 76 HR season. Oooh yeah!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Bernie Williams once again proves that he is just a liability.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Hey, he makes it up by hitting that big double with 0 outs. That ball was not easy to catch.

On another note:

Despite the bad loss another streak came to an end tonight. Hideki Matsui's 700+ consecutive games in the MLB and 1,200+ from Japan ended. Nearly 1,800 games without a break and all with the impossible task of adjusting to a new country, team, and language. Congratulations for Matsui on achieving such a great feat.

About the broken bone in his wrist: though it requires surgery and Mr. Matsui will be out for a while I wish him a speedy and pain-free recovery to 100%. We miss you already Hideki!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:31 AM
HOLY FUCK! HE'S OUT 3 MONTHS!

By the way, Aaron Rowand of the Phillies made the catch of the year.

And I don't mean so far. I mean when this season is over it is going to be the #1 catch bar none. Face first into the metal bar, blood everywhere, still caught it. Take that overrated Willie Mays catch!
Old 05-12-2006, 01:36 AM
that was a fucking play, he went in full speed, caught it and smashed his friggin nose into the fence, and bled for a good while...Aaron Rowand, good on ya
Old 05-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Matsui is a total pimp...he starts slow, but always emerges as the Yankees most clutch hitter, even moreso than Jeter. The next three months are gonna be trying, because as much as I like Cabrera and Crosby, they are nowhere near Matsui's level. But how about the Yanks winning with...gasp...pitching last night?

And that Rowand catch is gonna be majorly overrated. If he hadn't hit the wall, no one would care. Grady Sizemore made a way better catch earllier this season.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:06 PM
I think I'm going to rename someone on the Yankees. How does Scott "Magic In Toughies" Proctor sound? This guy gets out of jams like crazy.

One note to Joe: CUT! TANYON! STURTZE! The man has lost it!
Old 05-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Quote:

One note to Joe: CUT! TANYON! STURTZE! The man has lost it!
did he ever have it? honestly! hes been a dud his whole career
Old 05-14-2006, 01:37 AM
I remember last year when the fans and papers here made a new for the three headed monster that was the New York Yankees bullpen: QUANGORMO.

QUAN: Paul Quantrill
GOR: Tom Gordon
MO: Mariano Rivera

Eventually it was GORMO...then it was just MO. During that time I feel like Tanyon Sturtze picked up a lot of the slack last year. He came in clutch countless times, though he blew a few here and there but who doesn't. This year however, is an excercise in pitching incompetence. He is simply awful right now.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:43 AM
How about dem Tigers??!!
Old 05-14-2006, 05:03 AM
I know he looked okay for you guys today, but you all had better hope Joe doesn't fall for Farnsworth's promise and insert him into a prime spot as the year goes on. Sooner or later, maybe even in October, he'll be in a clutch situation and I'm telling you guys, right now (write this down), he'll break your fucking heart. He always does.