Old 06-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
Did you watch John McDonald at all last year with the Blue Jays or did you just watch the Yankees?

He's great defensively he dosen't hit well(that's why we signed Eckstein)

By th elooks of thing the Rays could be imploding now thier catcher and pitcher are fighting.
I live in Canada, so it's basically all Jays here (until now, I have the Extra Innings Package which gives me Yankees games every day!) and although John MacDonald made some nice plays, the comparisons to Jeter defensively are still completely stupid.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Last season McDonald posted better fielding stats than Jeter, but anyone who would argue his value over Jeter's is smoking crack. Jeter's career fielding percentage is .975 while McDonald's is .972. Jeter has played in more games, seen more chances to field balls and has posted a slightly better percentage. So Bourne I agree with you entirely on this one. McDonald is not a starting SS, and it was smart for the Jays to get someone else, although I don't think Eckstein is the answer either. I'd take him over who the Cardinals have now (Cesar Izturis) but not many others.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
I live in Canada, so it's basically all Jays here (until now, I have the Extra Innings Package which gives me Yankees games every day!) and although John MacDonald made some nice plays, the comparisons to Jeter defensively are still completely stupid.
It just seems to me Jeter, who has 3 gold gloves, gets more credit because of what he did for the Yankees more in the playoffs than in the season. He's a great hitter for average and dosen't hit for a lot of power. Hell someone who has over 2400 hits(can't remember the total number since he just passed Mantle for 2nd)

I've seen Jeter make some glaring errors before but it was plays like the one against Oakalnd in the playoffs(I believe) where he rushed to cut of a throw and throw it to Posada to get the runner out. This is a think 3-4 years back which is a great play but more of a right place at the right time.

And if the Yankees are going on a run then they have to do better than split 4 games against a crappy team like the Royals. Since they did lost today 3-2

Rated R I like Eckstein he's okay defensively and a decent hitter and it was a shame when McDonald got hurt twisting his ankle a few weeks back. I like McDonald's defense but he's a bad hitter even thought his average was a lot better than a couple years ago when he barely could stay over .200

That's been the major problem with the Jays the past 5-6 years since we really haven't had a really good shortstop since Tony Fernandez.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Quote:
That's been the major problem with the Jays the past 5-6 years since we really haven't had a really good shortstop since Tony Fernandez.
And that's not because they haven't had the opportunity. They drafted Michael Young only to trade him in a deal that landed the Jays Esteban Loaiza. Imagine having him in that lineup now. Gives them a legit top of the order guy who knows how to get on base. He's probably the best player they've let out of their grasp before his potential was realized (Jeff Kent and Chris Carpenter excluded).
Old 06-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R View Post
And that's not because they haven't had the opportunity. They drafted Michael Young only to trade him in a deal that landed the Jays Esteban Loaiza. Imagine having him in that lineup now. Gives them a legit top of the order guy who knows how to get on base. He's probably the best player they've let out of their grasp before his potential was realized (Jeff Kent and Chris Carpenter excluded).
I didn't like the trade in the beginning.

Jeff Kent was probably the best player the Jays ever drafted but he was never going to play with Alomar there at the time and we got David Cone who helped us win in 1992.

And Carpenter the shoulder injuries that plagued him in Toronto are doing the same in St. Louis and it's a shame too I don't think he's ever going to be the same player when he won the Cy Young a couple years ago.

Oh and typical team has the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th and what happens they hit into a double play for like the 90th time this year. I swear it's the 10th or 11th game they have blown all year because of this.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:19 PM
How about some love for Ken Griffey Jr.? The guy deserves way more attention than he gets. I'm glad that he finally crossed the 600 HR milestone. Now all he needs to do is get the fuck out of Cincinnati.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Best damn outfielder of the era. I don't think I've ever heard anyone speak negatively of him as a player or his character. The only downside is how injury-prone he has been, but that's simply an unfortunate occurrence beyond his control in my view. If he had remained healthy, he could have been the greatest baseball player of all time.

As for leaving Cincy, I'm all for him returning to Seattle to retire. Imagine and outfield with Griffey AND Ichiro! Wow, but sadly that team is going nowhere. Instead, keep him with the Reds, they are on the up and up finally. This lineup has pop:

Votto
Phillips
Keppinger (DL now, but better option at SS than Gonzo)
Encarnacion
Dunn
Bruce
Griffey

Paul Bako is their only weak link, and really who cares? He calls a decent enough game.

Their rotation: Harang, Volquez, Charles Bronson Arroyo, Cueto, Bailey.

A lot of inexperience mixed with bad luck. Volquez has been mostly remarkable this season, 5 BB last night though... that said he's for real. If Griffey toughs it out another year, they can contend.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:25 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Laugh out loud news of the day.

The D-Train has left Detroit, docked in Class A Lakeland! I knew he would be a huge bust for the Tigers, and the last thing they need now is inconsistency from their starters. Willis has been erratic and nowhere near the level he was when the Marlins won the world series against the Yanks.

This guy had so much potential and just got worse with every year. Kind of reminds me of Hideo Nomo. Bursts onto the scene with an unorthodox delivery, finds mild success for a couple years and then loses it all at once until he's out of the league. Of course Nomo bounced back a few years later after hitters forgot all about him, and forgot how to hit him again. I doubt Willis will ever throw a no-hitter, let alone another complete game. Is the Dontrelle Willis experience over?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:22 PM
I still think that Griffey should DH with either the Angels, the Mariners, or the White Sox. Or even the Rays.

I still can't believe how disappointing the Tigers have been. They need to do something drastic.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I never want to see Griffey as a DH, he's still too much fun to watch in the field and can still play his position well enough. The move from CF to RF may have helped.

As far as moving him is concerned, what would Cincy ask for in return? Prospect pitching or hitting? I think another young outfielder and a young lefty pitcher would do the trick.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Quote:
I doubt Willis will ever throw a no-hitter, let alone another complete game. Is the Dontrelle Willis experience over?
And I guess this means Detroit can join the Yanks in being the latest team to be snakebitten by an ex-Marlins pitcher. Hopefully, D Will returns in some form or another eventually. Like Griff, he just seems like a genuinely nice guy (Why couldn't this have happened to, say, Beckett?), so I wish the kid well. Maybe he can pull an Ankiel. He's still young enough.

I'm wondering though: Is Willis' problem mental or mechanical?
Old 06-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Who knows? I think he became predictable and then due to that he's gotten wild and can't find the strike zone. So I guess that would indicate a little of column A and a little of column B. 21 walks in 11 innings pitched is definitely cause for concern and it doesn't end there. While he has a little more control in AAA this season, he still posts a 4.41 ERA. So to A ball he goes. What a waste.

As for former Marlin pitchers, how about Ryan Dempster in Chicago? 7-2, 2.90 and has only allowed 56 hits in 80.2 innings. He doesn't strike a lot of guys out, but he has figured out a way to pitch, and man he has had no trouble re-adjusting to the starters role. A few years ago when he was starting in Cincinnati and then moved to the Cubs I was worried he'd never be effective again but here he is. I wonder if it lasts.

Continuing with the theme, A.J. Burnett is getting a bad rap. He has pitched relatively well except for three or four starts. Poor guy can't get run support. With the rumour that the Jays may acquire Erik Bedard from Seattle running around, if that becomes true, then it's almost a certainty that Burnett opts out after this season is done. A shame, and I hope he can succeed at some point, when his stuff is on it's unhittable.

Finally (I will avoid Beckett because I am just glad the talk isn't about the Sox), Brad Penny is having an uncharacteristic start to the season. The last two seasons he has blazed to amazing starts. This year, he is 5-8. Considering the most he's ever lost in a season is 10, this is looking grim. Couple that with a high ERA and the offensive woes in LA, and this is a colossal disappointment. I think he gets rattled too easily. Against the Mets, David Wright hit one out and everything went downhill shortly after. He was cruising until that one pitch...maybe he'll rebound and be untouchable down the stretch. For the record, he went 16-4 last season
Old 06-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilHenchman View Post

I'm wondering though: Is Willis' problem mental or mechanical?
I think it is both. He has the wild, devil may care pitch wind up that can weaken the control he has over the ball, then after last night, I would be thinking about it for a while if I was him.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Continuing with the theme, A.J. Burnett is getting a bad rap. He has pitched relatively well except for three or four starts. Poor guy can't get run support. With the rumour that the Jays may acquire Erik Bedard from Seattle running around, if that becomes true, then it's almost a certainty that Burnett opts out after this season is done. A shame, and I hope he can succeed at some point, when his stuff is on it's unhittable.
If the Jays get Erik Bedard the Jays will have a sick rotation(not that they already do to begin with)

Just think of the rotation

Halladay - has more complete games than anyone the past 3-4 years
Bedard - I think would have won the Cy Young award has he not gotten injured in the final month of the season
McGowan - looks like he's going to be a great pitcher(threw a complete game tonight)
Marcum - lead the league in WHIP
Litsch - 7-2 with an ERA just above 3 which is pretty good for a #5 starter.

Burnett's ERA isn't bad it's his run support which he didn't get a lot of last year which contributed to his low win total. His career ERA and other numbers aren't that far off Halladay's the big difference is the win totals which is total proof that a pitcher can't control how many wins he gets.

And on the subject of Willis going to Class A Lakeland. The Jays actually did the same thing with Roy Halladay in 2001 a couple years after he was called up to the Blue Jays(remember in 1999 he came I think an out away from a no hitter) because of mostly his attitude and that time down with their class A team(I think it's Dunedin but I'm not sure) and that time there is credited with helping him turn his career around and maybe it does the same with Willis.

Great to see Griffey hit his 600th HR yesterday if only he didn't get injured during his time in Cincinnati he would have been probably over 700 by now. I think he's the best MLB player I've ever seen it would be great if he somehow ends his career with the Mariners.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Quote:
As far as moving him is concerned, what would Cincy ask for in return? Prospect pitching or hitting? I think another young outfielder and a young lefty pitcher would do the trick.
I'd say relief pitching. The Angels really need some extra offense. They're not going to go all the way with their current line-up.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Sorry, Rated R.

I should've been clearer before: I was thinking of ex-Marlins pitchers from the '03 WS-winning class (Penny, Willis, Beckett, Pavano, Redman, Burnett), and their subsequent misfortunes elsewhere in the league. I'm not even talking about poor Ugueth Urbina, who I think is probably throwing right in some South American jailyard.

I do agree with you about Burnett - whom I always forget about - he's gotten a bad rap as of late.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Sorry, Rated R.

I should've been clearer before: I was thinking of ex-Marlins pitchers from the '03 WS-winning class (Penny, Willis, Beckett, Pavano, Redman, Burnett), and their subsequent misfortunes elsewhere in the league. I'm not even talking about poor Ugueth Urbina, who I think is probably throwing right in some South American jailyard.

I do agree with you about Burnett - whom I always forget about - he's gotten a bad rap as of late.
Well I wouldn't go so far as to say Beckett or Penny have reached Willis/Redman/Pavano territory yet. If they keep losing and putting up sub-par numbers then absolutely. Until then, I will still consider Beckett one of the best pitchers in baseball, or at least a guy with that potential. Penny just needs to pitch to his strengths, but like Burnett he gets no run support from his team. That's probably their only similarity though.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
I'd say relief pitching. The Angels really need some extra offense. They're not going to go all the way with their current line-up.
See I think on paper the Angels have a solid offense and it can come around.

Napoli
Kotchman
Kendrick (when completely healthy will be excellent...if it ever happens)
Guerrero
Hunter
Anderson
Figgins

Those are some solid hitters, just many of them have been slumping or receiving no support. Napoli is putting up Richie Sexson like numbers and that's never good but he has some power and could potential channel that later.

I hate Gary Matthews. Never had anything against him until he signed the huge contract, and to be fair it's not his fault he accepted such a ludicrous offer, but there was never a chance he'd live up to the money. Nice glove, decent hitter, decent baserunner, but nothing about his game warrants that contract.

Even then, there's no room for Griffey in Anaheim. First of all, they're committed to Matthews, no way do they swallow that mistake and use him as a utility player. Maybe he supplants Anderson I guess, but you let him go out on his own terms, he's been great for the organization. You sure as shit don't replace Vladdy or Hunter so where does he go?

Seattle would be logical if they were a contender. But really...isn't Boston in the most need? Ortiz could be out for the season, so plug Griffey in at DH. Beats the hell out of Sean Casey. Or hell, put him in right and put JD Drew at DH. I hate Boston though, so I don't want this to happen.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Well I wouldn't go so far as to say Beckett or Penny have reached Willis/Redman/Pavano territory yet. If they keep losing and putting up sub-par numbers then absolutely. Until then, I will still consider Beckett one of the best pitchers in baseball, or at least a guy with that potential. Penny just needs to pitch to his strengths, but like Burnett he gets no run support from his team. That's probably their only similarity though.
Oh no. I wasn't putting either Penny or Beckett (Beckett, especially) in those underperforming ranks. They're just from that class is all.

Quote:
Seattle would be logical if they were a contender. But really...isn't Boston in the most need? Ortiz could be out for the season, so plug Griffey in at DH. Beats the hell out of Sean Casey. Or hell, put him in right and put JD Drew at DH. I hate Boston though, so I don't want this to happen.
I'd say Toronto. Griff would certainly aid Burnett & co. with that lagging run support. Besides, Boston's been showing that they can win in ways without Ortiz smashing the ball, especially with Ellsbury and Pedroia at the top of that lineup.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Quote:

I'd say Toronto. Griff would certainly aid Burnett & co. with that lagging run support. Besides, Boston's been showing that they can win in ways without Ortiz smashing the ball, especially with Ellsbury and Pedroia at the top of that lineup.
That would be a good fit methinks, but I doubt Ricciardi is going to trade youth for an aging, injury prone slugger, especially after having Frank Thomas and Troy Glaus on the team in recent years. Obviously, Griffey is a step above both of them (although the Big Hurt has had a wonderful career too) but they'd likely have to give up at least one of Litsch, Marcum or McGowan and that price is far too high.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Quote:
That would be a good fit methinks, but I doubt Ricciardi is going to trade youth for an aging, injury prone slugger, especially after having Frank Thomas and Troy Glaus on the team in recent years. Obviously, Griffey is a step above both of them (although the Big Hurt has had a wonderful career too) but they'd likely have to give up at least one of Litsch, Marcum or McGowan and that price is far too high.
True, a trade of that kind would only make sense for the Jays if the race in the East was a little tighter - and if it were July. So, perhaps the Rays then, as all "reports" seem to be indicating?
Old 06-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Quote:
I'm not giving up either of those 3, McGowan isn't pitching as well as he did last year but Litsch and Marcum are pitching awesome.

It sucks how the hitting is screwing this pitching staff.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Goodbye Willie Randolph. I always thought he was a decent manager, especially a couple of years back, when he brought the Mets to the playoffs.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddleworthy View Post
Goodbye Willie Randolph. I always thought he was a decent manager, especially a couple of years back, when he brought the Mets to the playoffs.
It was also nice of them to fire him at 3:15 in the morning hoping no one would notice.

Oh and Steinbrenner shut up telling the National League to get with the times because your best pitcher got injured running the bases. If this happenned to a Red Sox pitcher instead you would be laughing. Your team is now in trouble good and you won't get Sabathia who Cleveland dosen't appear to be desparate to trade him.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Oh and Steinbrenner shut up telling the National League to get with the times because your best pitcher got injured running the bases. If this happenned to a Red Sox pitcher instead you would be laughing. Your team is now in trouble good and you won't get Sabathia who Cleveland dosen't appear to be desparate to trade him.
Wang's going down in that Houston game gave me, at least, one more reason to dislike interleague play. I don't care that the foot thing could've happened during any normal game. (Fact is, it didn't. So...) Yeah, sure, the first year or two it was cool, new, and exciting, but this every year thing has gotten stale. Now I feel it just saps the season of its momentum. Sadly, as long as the owners continue to profit from it, it's not going away anytime soon...

And, to be fair, the Yankee pitching was in trouble before the Wang injury. I don't know how much more dire this makes the situation. Worst case: I see them now getting some inning eater via trade or waivers - as per usual - and hope the offense can shoulder the burden. Besides, it's not like Wang's been exactly dominant in his short postseason career. He won't be missed there, presuming they get that far.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Quote:
It was also nice of them to fire him at 3:15 in the morning hoping no one would notice.
Punk move by Minaya. His rationalization of the timing is absolutely absurd, going on about how he didn't want to fire Randolph while he was actually in a Mets uniform, and not wanting to humiliate him...

Um, what?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Wang's going down in that Houston game gave me, at least, one more reason to dislike interleague play. I don't care that the foot thing could've happened during any normal game. (Fact is, it didn't. So...) Yeah, sure, the first year or two it was cool, new, and exciting, but this every year thing has gotten stale. Now I feel it just saps the season of its momentum. Sadly, as long as the owners continue to profit from it, it's not going away anytime soon...

And, to be fair, the Yankee pitching was in trouble before the Wang injury. I don't know how much more dire this makes the situation. Worst case: I see them now getting some inning eater via trade or waivers - as per usual - and hope the offense can shoulder the burden. Besides, it's not like Wang's been exactly dominant in his short postseason career. He won't be missed there, presuming they get that far.
I kid of like interleague play it gets a chance to see teams you don't get to see like for example the Cubs it was their first time in Toronto in I think 5 years I still personally have a problem with one division in the NL having 6 and one division in the AL having 4 which I believe still creates an imbalance.

The Yankees were in trouble before but they are going to have a hard time replacing a 19 game winner even though Wang hasn't been great the past 3 weeks(he on one of my fantasy basebal teams so I should know this) And seriously Sidney Ponson is not the answer. I know your holding out and hoping the Yankees get Sabathia but I think he either stays in Cleveland or the Cubs make a very good pitch for him especially if Zambrano is hurt for a long while.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:59 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Well I think it's safe to say J.P. Ricciardi is on his way out. This is so unprofessional, and as much as I almost agree with him about Adam Dunn as a baseball player, he shouldn't speculate about his love of the game, no point.

Ricciardi is classless and has never produced results.

At the same time, I don't like how Dunn responded. Yeah he's pissed, but why is he making snide veiled comments about Canada? "Whatever "Sportscenter" they have up there"? "Not changing my dollars into loonies or toonies just yet"? This is not a third world hell hole Adam...we are not backwoods snowbound dumbasses. Come on, you respond to assumptions with some pretty ignorant comments yourself, touche, well done, well played salesman.

Tell me if I'm reading into it too much. In actuality it doesn't affect me in any way, I just don't get why either one of them would say what they said...boggles my mind.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Quote:
The Yankees were in trouble before but they are going to have a hard time replacing a 19 game winner even though Wang hasn't been great the past 3 weeks(he on one of my fantasy basebal teams so I should know this) And seriously Sidney Ponson is not the answer. I know your holding out and hoping the Yankees get Sabathia but I think he either stays in Cleveland or the Cubs make a very good pitch for him especially if Zambrano is hurt for a long while.
Wang was pitching a beauty that day until he came up gimpy, ironically enough. Though that might be considered a spurious event, since the Puma had the day off, and Lee's been inconsistent of late (which I know because I've got him on MY fantasy team...). Still, that outing perhaps could've been the impetus for a turnaround for him. Who knows.

As for wishing for C.C., I think you've got me confused with my fellow Yankee fan Bourne. Not saying I too wouldn't welcome the sight of C.C. in pins, but that's something I'd rather see happen next year - via free agency and not by some desperate last-minute trade deal this year. (Plus if C.C.'s iffy outings in the ALCS last year are any indication, I think that would be too high a cost for a potentially shaky postseason performance. Been there, seen that.) You're right though about Ponson. He ain't no answer. He's never been the answer any other time in the past that NY has claimed his bloated ass.

But back to C.C., what makes you think he'll stay in Cleveland? If they fall out of it, he has to be moved. And if they do end up contending this year, at the end of it all I think there's no way he passes on a possibly huge payday, just to do the loyal, "honorable" thing. I'm not saying that N.Y. is his only option, but this fall he could very well be THE big fish that quite a few teams will be trying to land.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:57 PM
The Ponson thing is a bad move. He's pitched for the Yankees before, and very unsuccessfully at that. Hopefully they'll give one of the young guys from AAA a shot and hopefully they'll preform like Rasner has.

As for C.C. I don't want him now. I'd love to have him next year, and I'd say the Yankees have a good chance of getting him. I don't see him staying in Cleveland next year.

Hopefully the Yankees can continue to play like they are and get through these 6 weeks with out Wang.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:53 PM
Quote:
But back to C.C., what makes you think he'll stay in Cleveland? If they fall out of it, he has to be moved. And if they do end up contending this year, at the end of it all I think there's no way he passes on a possibly huge payday, just to do the loyal, "honorable" thing. I'm not saying that N.Y. is his only option, but this fall he could very well be THE big fish that quite a few teams will be trying to land.
I actually meant this year I think Cleveland trades him only if they get a very good deal for him which I think the Cubs can probably put together a better package and I think were going to make an offer eventually but if Zambrano is out for the rest of the year they will definatley make a push for him.

Plus I think his value goes up the longer Cleveland waits.

I think Cleveland can pay him the money but I can seriously see the Yankees and maybe a couple other teams (Red Sox, Cubs) vastly overpay for him.

I can see him getting the contract that Zito got unless it's a Boras client.

If Scott Boras is his agent(and god I hope not) then he's going to ask for the moon.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:45 PM
John Gibbons has been fired. Who's his replacement?

Old 06-20-2008, 02:09 PM
John Gibbons is a fucking idiot and deserves to be fired.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Jeez, I don't think he's a good coach but that's harsh. Did he set your house on fire and rape your cat or something?
Old 06-20-2008, 04:37 PM
I think all these recent firings of managers shows that you cannot just decide to become a manager and expect to do well. I find some of them awful.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Quote:
I actually meant this year I think Cleveland trades him only if they get a very good deal for him which I think the Cubs can probably put together a better package and I think were going to make an offer eventually but if Zambrano is out for the rest of the year they will definatley make a push for him.

Plus I think his value goes up the longer Cleveland waits.
The Cubbies would certainly have to be, I think, more aggressive than anyone else in going after C.C. - especially if their ace goes down for the year and if the Cards and the Brewers can maintain pressure on 'em. (Looks like the Cards just gained some ground as I'm writing this, with their win over Boston and with Chicago's loss earlier...)

Meanwhile Cleveland is several games under .500, eight or so games behind the Sox, and the AS break is looming closer and closer, so...I dunno either.

So, just for shits and giggles, I looked up John Gibbons' record - he's exactly .500 as a manager: 305 - 305. Interesting. So, maybe if he'd won just a couple of those games that they lost over the last several days - staying above .500 - maybe he'd still have a job? Probably...not.

And McLaren. Sheesh. I'm surprised that lame duck made it this far. Especially after that fuck-laden rant a few weeks back. I thought only Ozzie could get away with that shit.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Mo Rivera and Trevor Hoffman would never be caught doing this...

http://soxanddawgs.com/?p=4582
Old 06-21-2008, 07:38 AM
Quote:
And seriously Sidney Ponson is not the answer.
Well, no, but he WAS fairly solid pitching for the Rangers this year. And his personality will fit in much better amidst all those Yankee prima donnas.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Actually I think JP Riccardi deserves to be fired 60% of this is his team.

Oh and great comment on Adam Dunn all he does is strike out a lot and hit home runs. Which no one on this fucking team does.

Nice to see Cito Gaston back it was too bad he didn't manage anywhere else.

They won yesterday maybe a different hitting approach will work.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:45 AM
I've totally lost hope in the Mets for the rest of the season.

First it was Santana giving up a grand slam to a pitcher yesterday, and they got their asses kicked hard tonight 11-0. All this to the fucking Mariners.

I miss Willie already.