Old 10-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
One thing for all the Yankee haters out there. Yankee players need at least 20% more from the Yankees than from other teams in Texas or Florida, because of the high cost of living. You haters love to say a bunch of shit, but that is the cold hard facts. It costs more in the northeast.
Let me get out my tiny violin and start playing for you.

If you want to give to charity you might as well have your employer just sign a portion of your check straight to your group of choice. I really doubt it costs millions to support a family in a Latin American country. People do it here for tens of thousands and this America, for fuck's sake. And since I have no intention of ever having kids (as if there aren't enough people on this planet) and live a very low-maintenance lifestyle, I really do think I could live out the rest of my life on my savings from those million dollar salaries. Just because things are a certain way doesn't mean they absolutely have to be that way. Question the establishment.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoojib127 View Post
Let me get out my tiny violin and start playing for you.

If you want to give to charity you might as well have your employer just sign a portion of your check straight to your group of choice. I really doubt it costs millions to support a family in a Latin American country. People do it here for tens of thousands and this America, for fuck's sake. And since I have no intention of ever having kids (as if there aren't enough people on this planet) and live a very low-maintenance lifestyle, I really do think I could live out the rest of my life on my savings from those million dollar salaries. Just because things are a certain way doesn't mean they absolutely have to be that way. Question the establishment.
Twinkies. Stick that in your Mauer and smoke it.

It is really hard not to insult you here. You should stop acting like an infant and use your head for once.

Yes, it costs a lot to support people there. You forget or do not care they seem to have lots of problems when big storms blow through their third world places. I have read stories where ball players are spending loads of money back into the community. Building schools and churches, ect.

Thank you for deciding not to have kids. You are not going to ever have the option of signing a contract worth millions of dollars, so you need not worry about all this.

I do like that you should question the establishment though. Back in the 60's, we called them hippies. Guess what. Those hippies are in charge now and they are the establishment. Start questioning their liberal hippie thinking and move back to center.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Yikes, San Fran is putting a pounding on the Rangers. How they scored 20 runs in two games with Cliff Lee and CJ Wilson starting, I do not know. Maybe they blew their load in the Yankees series.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Yikes, San Fran is putting a pounding on the Rangers. How they scored 20 runs in two games with Cliff Lee and CJ Wilson starting, I do not know. Maybe they blew their load in the Yankees series.
1 6-run 6th inning and one 7-inning 8th inning. It's our bullpen. The relievers are terrible. Derek Holland threw 12 straight balls last night. It was quite a feat, actually...

The game was alot closer than the 9-0 box score showed as crazy as that sounds. But so far we are getting handled.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
The game was alot closer than the 9-0 box score showed as crazy as that sounds. But so far we are getting handled.
I don't know that you can quite say that "the game was a lot closer" than it looked when the lost that badly, but I do see your point. Washington's doing a fine job except for his apparent distaste for Feliz all of a sudden, the Rangers did score some runs in game 1, Lee was obviously not himself, yada yada yada. All good points. The problem, of course, is that they didn't get the split. Heading home gives them a chance to regroup, and it's easy to forget already that after game 1 of the ALCS, a lot of people were like "wow, they're never coming back from this, this will be over in 4 or 5." So I believe they can regroup. I'm neither a fan nor a non-fan of either team and they both have such good stories that I'll be happy either way, although I think I still lean very slightly toward the Rangers because of the Hamilton/Washington storylines.

Also, Erroneous, cut that insulting shit. Things get heated here, but the rules still apply. Let's keep it civil, yeah?
Old 10-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
1 6-run 6th inning and one 7-inning 8th inning. It's our bullpen. The relievers are terrible. Derek Holland threw 12 straight balls last night. It was quite a feat, actually...

Yeah I agree, it was similar to a couple of the games in the Yankees series where it was like 2-0 until the 9th inning and then absolute destruction. And by they I meant the whole team, not just the starters. I was not putting the blame on the starters. I'm not saying you were saying I was saying that (say that ten times fast), I'm just making the clarification.

I guess Washington is doing a decent job, save for the things that AceD brought up. I find he gets WAY too excited though. When Texas scores one run he acts like an ADHD kid on Christmas who just opened an XBOX. Settle down and stay focused bud. I'm all for showing some emotion every now and then, but he is over the top.

Last edited by Bourne101; 10-29-2010 at 01:14 PM..
Old 10-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Quote:
I guess Washington is doing a decent job, save for the things that AceD brought up. I find he gets WAY too excited though. When Texas scores one run he acts like an ADHD kid on Christmas who just opened an XBOX. Settle down and stay focused bud. I'm all for showing some emotion every now and then, but he is over the top.
Well he did do blow.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:

The Yankees have been doing that to teams for the last 10 years. Was very odd having it done to us. Even odder seeing the team that did it to us, have done to them in the next series. Time for Josh to do a line. Awwwww That aint right.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
Also, Erroneous, cut that insulting shit. Things get heated here, but the rules still apply. Let's keep it civil, yeah?
I would like to know what I said that was insulting.

Saying he acts like an infant???? I have read things that are much, much worse in pretty much every thread.

I also thanked him for not wanting kids. I thought that was nice and I wanted to commend him on a fine choice. Too many short sighted liberal walking the earth already.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Too many short sighted liberal walking the earth already.
Better to be a short sighted liberal than a blind conservative i say
Old 11-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Giants...World Series Champs!!!! Wooohooo!!!!

The first championship I get to celebrate as a schmoe...10 long years!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Bond View Post

Congrats, Puck. Great win by the Giants on the road. Ten years for you, five decades for San Francisco. It's always good to see a new team win it all.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Giants were the better team. Congrats. One thing I am VERY proud of is that fans from BOTH teams have been the epitome of CLASS this entire series.

There were LOTS of reports of bad behavior and bad callers on the radio during the Yankees series, but I havent heard ANY of that stuff during this one.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:

Congrats I haven't had a damn thing to celebrate since 1993

Congrats to the Giants they were the better team its just shocking how a eam goes from scoring 8 runs a game to barely even 1.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:

Congrats to you Puck and to your Giants. They were the better team anyway. I've seen my Sawx break the slump, so I wanted to see the Giants win this series.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Giants were the better team. Congrats. One thing I am VERY proud of is that fans from BOTH teams have been the epitome of CLASS this entire series.

There were LOTS of reports of bad behavior and bad callers on the radio during the Yankees series, but I havent heard ANY of that stuff during this one.
That's a little ridiculous to say given you weren't there. I guarantee there was seedy shit going on in the stands throughout the series, just as there is at all baseball games. Trash talk, foul language around young kids, beer being spilled on people, etc. Just because you didn't hear it on the radio doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Last edited by Bourne101; 11-02-2010 at 03:20 PM..
Old 11-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
That's a little ridiculous to say given you weren't there. I guarantee there was seedy shit going on in the stands throughout the series, just as there is at all baseball games. Trash talk, foul language around young kids, beer being spilled on people, etc. Just because you didn't hear it on the radio doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Yeah, you're right. It's not that Yankees fans are just the worst of the worst. It's just a lack of media coverage for THE WORLD SERIES.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:40 PM
R.I.P Sparky Anderson

One of the game's best mangers. The game and it's fans will miss him.

Last edited by John@$$; 11-05-2010 at 05:46 PM..
Old 11-06-2010, 02:00 PM
I am of one opinion when it comes to sports now.

Most teams, no matter what sport, that wins the championship are not usually the best team of that sport for that year, they simply caught lightning in a bottle.

When my Giants they won the Super Bowl a few years back. The Patriots were the best team that year. Giants were the lightning in the bottle.

These baseball Giants caught lightning in a bottle this year. Sure they had pitching and great pitching beats great hitting most of the time, but no way were they the best team in baseball. Congrats to the Giants.

SO when it comes to the playoffs, you need to be the best or be the most clutch or other crap like that. You just need to get hot at the right time, get a few breaks on your side and a lot of luck. That's lightning in a bottle.

PS Yankees caught lightning last year.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Congrats Roy Halladay unanimous selection for the NL Cy Young award very well deserved.

And no complaints on the rookies of the year I have one complaint the 2 writers that 1 from LA didn't put Posey on his ballot and the other from Pittsburgh who didn't put Heyward on his ballot and put 2 Pirates 2nd and 3rd deserve to have their vote revoked like seriously things like this is ridiculous.

I also want the explanation how a 36 year old SS who isn't the same player he used to be and has no range wins a gold glove award. The gold glove award gets more meaningless to me every year.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Gonzalez to Boston good move for them and good for Gonzalez who i think his numbers will be better in a deeper lineup but......

Jayson Werth 7 years $126 million by the Nationals. a 1 time all star and his numbers the last 2 years are not bad but there is no fucking way whatsoever he is worth $17 million a year.

Guaranteed they regret this deal in 3 years.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
Gonzalez to Boston good move for them and good for Gonzalez who i think his numbers will be better in a deeper lineup but......

Jayson Werth 7 years $126 million by the Nationals. a 1 time all star and his numbers the last 2 years are not bad but there is no fucking way whatsoever he is worth $17 million a year.

Guaranteed they regret this deal in 3 years.
The happiest man in the world right now is Carl Crawford. If Werth is worth $126 mil, Crawford is worth $180+.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by labialover View Post
The happiest man in the world right now is Carl Crawford. If Werth is worth $126 mil, Crawford is worth $180+.
It depends on who goes after him. Teams like the Nationals suck and aren't in a great location, so if they're gonna lure a "big time" free agent, they have to drastically overpay. Contenders don't have to do that, because part of the appeal for playing on a contender is the prospect of meaningful October baseball.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
7 years $142 million with the Red Sox. there's your answer

And the Yankees offer Lee 6 years $140 million it will be intreresting if someone goes over that I probably doubt it
Old 12-09-2010, 09:19 AM
According to ESPN the Yankees offered him a 7th year. Bad move if you ask me. 4-5 years would be fine, but the guy is injury prone, hasn't had an entirely consistent career and isn't getting any younger. It would be best to save the money and spend it on some other guys.

Last edited by Bourne101; 12-11-2010 at 01:58 PM..
Old 12-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Cliff Lee signs with Philadelphia.

Wow didn't see that coming 2 things

1. Really glad the Yankees didn't grab him
2. Philalelphia had the deepest and sickest rotation ever like look at this

Halladay, Lee, Oswalt, Hamels, ?

It isn't even close either.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:36 AM
A top-tier MLB free agent essentially tells the Yankee$ to go fuck themselves. I have a new hero.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:37 AM
As a Yankee fan (ha ha to all you haters), I am glad Lee did not sign with us. 6 or 7 years is too long a contract for a 32 year old pitcher. The Phillies are def in win now mode. They will be very sorry in the last 2 years of the deal. I love that the Yanks have not signed any of these stupid long term, too much money deals.

I would rather learn how to beat Lee than have him on my team. MLB is better if the Yankees try to teach AJ and others how to pitch, rather than go out and buy more players. Lee not signing with the Yanks is a good thing and I am happy. It makes winning all that much sweeter.

With that said, Pettitte better come back!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
A top-tier MLB free agent essentially tells the Yankee$ to go fuck themselves. I have a new hero.
Twinkie fan all mad that the Yankees spanked you yet again in the playoffs? He actually told the Rangers to go fuck themselves. They had the inside track. Too bad your owner is a cheap fuck. He could afford Lee and then some. BTW Giants beat the shit out of your Vikings. No playoffs for you.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:27 AM
lol, where did the Phillies come from?

Pretty relieved that the Yankees didn't spend all that money on him for 7 years. Too risky. This gives them an opportunity to seek out multiple players over the next couple of years who can help them in different areas.

But yeah, it was pretty much a fuck you to Texas. Based on what I had heard, he had all but agreed to go back there and I heard their offer was even higher than what the Yankees offered (Yanks offered around $150 million, while Texas offered around $160 million) so New York wasn't going to happen. In the end though, winning was obviously the most important thing to Lee, even over money, years and closeness to home. I respect that. The Phillies obviously have the best rotation now, but they still have some other areas that need work. Their rotation was insane this year and they still stunk it up pretty bad in the playoffs. Pitching wasn't the issue.

Last edited by Bourne101; 12-14-2010 at 11:35 AM..
Old 12-14-2010, 11:50 AM
The Yankees just signed Russell Martin. This is obviously a move just so they can trade Jesus Montero for a starting pitcher such as Zack Greinke or Felix Hernandez.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Twinkie fan all mad that the Yankees spanked you yet again in the playoffs? He actually told the Rangers to go fuck themselves. They had the inside track. Too bad your owner is a cheap fuck. He could afford Lee and then some. BTW Giants beat the shit out of your Vikings. No playoffs for you.
You called him a Twins fan in the first sentence, then you say his owner is a cheap fuck in regards to the Rangers. I'm confused.

And from everything I read, this had nothing to do with money. He and his family enjoyed their time in Philly while they were there more than in Texas. He felt more comfortable there. I see nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
I would rather learn how to beat Lee than have him on my team. MLB is better if the Yankees try to teach AJ and others how to pitch, rather than go out and buy more players.
But the Yankees bought Burnett, he's older than Lee anyway, what makes you think the Yankees are gonna finally teach him how to pitch? He's had 1 decent contract year. Compared to Lee, he's a complete waste of money. AJ blows.

Last edited by labialover; 12-14-2010 at 12:57 PM..
Old 12-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
He gets my respect after this. Though, I wouldn't use a $ in the Yankees, since my BoSox have the second highest payroll in the league. The Phillies rotation is scary and might be going to the playoffs again.

Last edited by John@$$; 12-14-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Old 12-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
You called him a Twins fan in the first sentence, then you say his owner is a cheap fuck in regards to the Rangers. I'm confused.

And from everything I read, this had nothing to do with money. He and his family enjoyed their time in Philly while they were there more than in Texas. He felt more comfortable there. I see nothing wrong with that.

But the Yankees bought Burnett, he's older than Lee anyway, what makes you think the Yankees are gonna finally teach him how to pitch? He's had 1 decent contract year. Compared to Lee, he's a complete waste of money. AJ blows.
Sorry for the confusion. I meant the Twins owner is a cheap fuck. I also meant the Rangers had the inside track and Lee screwed the Rangers. The Yanks were prob used for money. It happens.

Since I live outside Philly, I know Philly has the Children's Hospital here and they are one of the best for kids. Took my kid there once. Lee's kid has leukemia that is in remission. I am sure that factored in. Plus, Philly is a great team to go to at this point in time. I am happy for Lee and his the Phillies and the Yankees. I don't want to hear more shit of how we buy everyone.

I am not comparing Lee to AJ. I just want the Yankees to do what other teams have to do and deal with the players they have and try to win that way. Aj's issues are between the ears. Not his arm. AJ can pitch when he is not a headcase. I think he will turn it around at some point. Or he won't.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Best rotation of the last 30 years?

Good for Lee. He loved Philly, was upset when they traded him, but didn't hold a grudge and was willing to come back at a reasonable price. There's something special about the Phils right now. Halladay forced his way there, now this... it's just a great locker room that everyone wants to be a part of.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Best rotation of the last 30 years?
I dunno. Glavine, Maddux and Smoltz is tough to top. They won 7 Cy Young awards between them from 1991-1998.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
BTW Giants beat the shit out of your Vikings. No playoffs for you.
That might hurt my feelings if I actually gave a shit about the Vikings... but I don't (in case you haven't noticed, the Twins are the only pro Minnesota sports team that even comes close to having all its shit together). Nice try, though.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Burnett has had 2 good years in his career his last year in Florida and his last year in Toronto and this year was probably his worst year ever.

The Yankees look like they will be the same team pretty much as last year their only saving grace is Tampa Bay is going to take a major slide to 4th place in the AL East
Old 12-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Quote:
The Yankees just signed Russell Martin. This is obviously a move just so they can trade Jesus Montero for a starting pitcher such as Zack Greinke or Felix Hernandez.
I think its an insurance signing with Posada I don't think has played a full season injury free in the past 3 or 4 years.

And I don't see Seattle trading Fernandez and Greinke I don't see Kansas City trading him until later this year since I don't think anyone is willing to meet Kansas City's asking price and the Yankees the past few years have been reluctant to trade whatever player in their farm system for anybody.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:14 AM
I love how everyone is saying that Lee didn't go to the Yankees because Yankee fans are terrible and were rude to his wife.

a) I highly doubt that was the deciding factor. He loved it in Philly the first time around, he got a good deal, and they have an insane rotation. Those are the reasons why he went there.

b) If it is true, he and his wife are idiots because Phillies fans are just as bad if not worse. Unless vomiting on 11 year old girls and throwing batteries at the opposing team's players in the middle of the game is considered good behavior.