Old 09-29-2011, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeChar4321 View Post
The last day of the season was absolutely incredible!!!! I was mesmerized as a fan in general but also a Tigers fan. I didn't know what to root for but it was fun to watch it all develop. It has to be the best last day of the regular season all-time. Barry Larkin called it the best in his life-time on ESPN. I'm just stunned at how much I enjoyed watching it all unfold. I tuned in when TB had the bases loaded down 7-2 to NY and then the night got NUTS! Longoria HRs, Phillies down Braves, Orioles get to Papelbon. WOW!

Also, congrats to Miguel Cabrera AL Batting Champion!
That was amazing tonight Sportsnet up here in Canada had all 3 games on their 4 channels so it was flipping back and forth between all 3 tonight is was incredible and right after the Tampa crowd found out the Red Sox lost Longoria hits a walk off HR unreal and incredible

It's amazing that the Braves choked away a 8.5 wild card lead and blew it and 20 mins later everyone forgot about it when the Red Sox lost

So 2 thoughts after this

1. Papelbon gets chased out of Boston after blowing the save

and

2. The 2007 Mets can rest that they are no longer the biggest or even 2nd biggest collapse in MLB history
Old 09-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Yeah, those games were insane. It's not just the games themselves, but also the timeline in which everything played out. It was also one of the very few times in history that the Red Sox have been cheering for the Yankees.

The playoffs should be fantastic. There is a wealth of insanely talented and exciting teams. I am predicting the Phillies will win the World Series, but I don't think it will be an easy ride.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Fucking rain delay in New York! Pisses me off, cuz I wanted to see the Tigers hand the Yankees their ass!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I'd enjoy pulling my pants down, and just taking a fucking huge diarrhea all over the New York Yankees as a team.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
I'd enjoy pulling my pants down, and just taking a fucking huge diarrhea all over the New York Yankees as a team.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Old 10-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Tigers take game 2, nice! We've got ourselves a playoff series now!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Tigers take game 2, nice! We've got ourselves a playoff series now!
Well actually according to Valverde the series is over

"Oh yeah," said the Tiger closer, after helping his club even the five-game series. "It's over already. Verlander has it [Monday]. Next day, have the celebration in Detroit -- 100 percent. The Yankees have a good team, but I think that's it for them."

Valverde really after you allowed a run to begin with
Old 10-03-2011, 03:17 PM
That's a pretty bold statement for sure. Detroit playing at home will definitely help... While I fucking hate the Yankees, I can respect (for the MOST part) that they're a damned good team, and it IS the Yankees. Let's not rule 'em out completely quite yet.

I'm just happy the next two are in Detroit.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:41 PM
LOL, the guy who was one more mistake away from blowing game 2 is declaring victory? Hey, Detroit may very well win the next two games. If I had to bet, I'd say that's probably what will happen given the pitching match-ups and the fact that it is in Detroit. But honestly, when was the last time a bold victory declaration after a team wins one game led to an actual series victory?

It does you no favors. If anything, it just boosts the other team's desire to win.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Can't argue with you one bit there Bourne.

Thing is, they ended up pulling out the victory tonight.... But just!

One more, and the Yankee's can go the fuck back to the Bronx and cry about it, til next season. Looking forward to seeing the Tigers HOPEFULLY put 'em away tomorrow!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Verlander was on fucking fire last night. He may have given up four runs, but if you forget his first and second last inning, he was a force. CC definitely didn't have his best stuff.

I'm picking Detroit to win tonight. Burnett has just been lousy all season and hasn't pitched in nearly two weeks. I didn't realize they were going to go with him, so my heart sank when I realized they were.

I don't know much about Porcello. I don't think it really matters though. The Yankee hitters (other than Posada and Gardner who have been patient and mentally tough) just cave in any time they face a bit of adversity. All he really needs to do is have a good first couple of innings while the Tigers pounce on Burnett and it'll be game over.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:17 AM
So much for that shit, eh Bourne?

Turns out the Tigers got owned at home tonight, and Game 5 goes back to the Bronx on Thursday.

Sonuvabitch that irritates me, because now I really question whether the Tigers can wrap this series up in New York or not. Should be an interesting game to say the least!

I doubt I'll follow the rest of these playoffs if the fucking Yankees win on Thursday. Maybe just to see if whoever advances can beat 'em, or whoever they possibly may meet in the World Series can dispose of 'em.

But I'm getting ahead of myself now.... So I'll just hope that Detroit can take care of this shit Thursday!
Old 10-05-2011, 02:36 AM
I thought the Tigers would take it in 4. If Fister pitches like he did when he got traded, its series over.

They better win too, cause I have tickets to games 3-4 of the ALCS, and it worked out that the Rangers beat the Rays.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Burnett was pretty impressive. Not perfect, but once he got that first inning out of the way, he found his release point and was much more controlled. It was only a matter of time before they Yankees pounced on Porcello. Throwing a sinker that high in the strike zone will catch the hitters off guard a few times, but if you continue to do it it's going to be a field day.

Anyway, I was quite surprised by the outcome, because the first inning was so close to being an absolute disaster. Granderson is a trooper.

As for Game 5, it's an interesting match-up. Nova is 12-0 since June 3rd, 13-0 if you include Game 1. He pitches much better with a lead though, so it's important for the Yankees to jump out to an early lead. Fister struggled in the first game, but has been lights out for the second half of the season. Should be a great match-up.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Agree Bourne, I look forward to it.

Labialover, not only do you have quite possibly the best nickname I've seen on a message board, but a fantastic display avatar as well. Fan-fucking-tastic man!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:13 AM

TIGERS WIN!!!! Whooooooooooo!!!!

Fuck those cock-sucking Yankee cunts, those bastards got what they deserved! I love it! Rangers, your asses are next!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:37 AM
Hell YES!!!!!

Faith rewarded!!!!!

Fister to Max to Benoit to Valverde!!!!!

Tigers down the Yanks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
LOL, the guy who was one more mistake away from blowing game 2 is declaring victory? Hey, Detroit may very well win the next two games. If I had to bet, I'd say that's probably what will happen given the pitching match-ups and the fact that it is in Detroit. But honestly, when was the last time a bold victory declaration after a team wins one game led to an actual series victory?

It does you no favors. If anything, it just boosts the other team's desire to win.
Valverde is a goof but he's such money with the game on the line. In non-save situations he's always crap. So, those Game 2 runs were almost expected. His ERA in non-save situations is somewhere over 6.00 and in save situations it was under 1.00.

Plus, I think Leyland said it best: "I would hate to think the New York Yankees or the Detroit Tigers need any bulletin board stuff to get fired up this time of year. I would take that with a grain of salt. I didn't see anything about a guarantee."
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yan...s-jv-treatment
Old 10-07-2011, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Fuck those cock-sucking Yankee cunts, those bastards got what they deserved! I love it! Rangers, your asses are next!
That's nice.

It was quite a game. The Yankees had some opportunities to blow the game wide open, but they just never connected. One of the biggest mistakes was the third base coach not sending A-Rod home on that Posada hit. He may have been out, but when you're struggling to get big hits, you need to take advantage of every opportunity. I thought Girardi did a decent job managing the pitching, after Nova experienced tightness in his forearm early on. I think putting Sabathia in on such short rest was a bad idea, but otherwise a solid job. I have to give it up to Detroit's pitching though. They got in several jams and battled their way out of it each time. Kudos and good luck against a very tough Rangers team.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Good win for the Tigers nothing is better for me than seeing sad Yankees fans in their own stadium

Kind of fitting that it was A-Rod that was the final batter. Thank goodness for Yankee fans they aren't paying him 30 million a year for the next 6 years oh wait....
Old 10-07-2011, 04:02 PM
I agree Horrorfreak.... It was really fantastic seeing the upset Yankee fans crying in their own home stadium. Wahhhh! Fuck 'em! It's Detroit's time now.

Let's see what happens in Texas.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Holy crap, a totally non-coastal LCS showdown! Awesome!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:59 AM
So much for the Phillies being unbeatable. You can have all the aces you want, but it doesn't mean anything when your batting line-up can't do shit. I would find it pretty amusing if Texas won the World Series. The irony...
Old 10-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Well there goes my interest in the NLCS no offense to the Brewers and Cardinals but really wanted to see Roy Halladay win damn.

I think Milwakee wins that one

I also think the Tigers beat Texas. Texas does have the better batting lineup but having to face Verlander twice and possibly 3 times to beat Detroit and Fister and Scherzer are pretty good as well.

Milwakee in 6

Detroit in 7
Old 10-08-2011, 08:25 PM
The Tigers vs. Brewers would be a fun World Series I think.

I think it's crazy that the Cardinals bested the Phillies. Gotta love that Wild Card spot!
Old 10-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Jesus, a lotta these ball parks should have opening/shutting roofs! Rain delay in the 5th inning with Detroit down 3-0. Pisses me off. They'll probably continue the rest of the game tomorrow, which I doubt Detroit comes back in.

Hopefully I'm WRONG.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:
The Tigers vs. Brewers would be a fun World Series I think.

I think it's crazy that the Cardinals bested the Phillies. Gotta love that Wild Card spot!
I'd LOVE an old AL East castaway World Series while the current AL East are all home watching!

The other three teams that are left had to celebrate and send the Cardinals serious thank you regards. The Phillies out of the mix opens the door for everyone.

The Tigers have to overcome more rain BS and now the loss of Young and Ordonez. That really really sucks. Not only does the Rangers bullpen get to rest a day but the debate is whether the Tigers will replace Ordonez with a guy that hasn't played in the majors since 2009 or some double A farm hand. I bet they just add another pitcher (Below or Pauley)
Old 10-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Fucking agitated the Tigers dropped another game.... I don't know if they have a chance at this point. I don't know if it'd be easier to be swept, or if they should try and get at least ONE win, so to avoid being completely fucking embarrassed!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Usually I root for the teams that beat my teams. Go Rangers! I want Nolan to win. I love how the Phillies lost.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Pissed Detroit dropped their 3rd to Texas. I think this shit is over tomorrow, unfortunately. Hoping I'm fucking wrong on that but I sorta doubt it, at this point.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Happy to be wrong about today's game. Detroit survives to play Game 6 in Texas.

It'd be nice to see them go the full 7 and take the series in a miraculous comeback.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:28 AM
Have I mentioned I fucking HATE the Texas Rangers? I hate them moreso than I hate the Yankees. I can at least respect the state the Yankees are based outta. Not some god damned, in-bred, war-criminal-housing-cesspool, fucking shit-hole like Texas is!

Anyway, most likely it'll be Brewers vs. Texas in the World Series. Hoping Milwaukee beats the shit outta 'em! And if it's St. Louis, same. So long as the Rangers don't win the pennant is all that matters to me!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Ok, congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals for beating Milwaukee to get to the World Series. Now avenge Detroit and get the muh fuckin' pennant god damn it!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Quote:
I can at least respect the state the Yankees are based outta. Not some god damned, in-bred, war-criminal-housing-cesspool, fucking shit-hole like Texas is!

Fuck that noise. Texas beat the shit out of the Tigers... especially that last game, what an ass-whooping. Texas > Michigan in pretty much fucking everything.... more overall championships in every sport I can think of except for baseball. Then there's the economies of the respective states, and the fact that Texans are just way more attractive people than Michigan people. Hell, even when it comes to being educated, one of Texas' weakest suits, Texas still outshines Michigan. Texas is a top 3 state. Michigan is maybe top 20.

And... Texas being in-bred? have you ever been to the upper peninsula?

Let's fucking go Rangers!

Last edited by RicochetShaw; 10-17-2011 at 06:55 PM..
Old 10-17-2011, 07:44 PM
As with France, the problem with Texas isn't so much the region itself, but rather most of the people living in it.

Anyway, though I am a Cardinals fan, I wouldn't be at all upset to see the Rangers win their first-ever World Series after 50 years of existence. If the Cards hadn't won it all just 5 years ago, I'd be less forgiving.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post
more overall championships in every sport I can think of except for baseball.

This IS the MLB thread, you know.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:19 PM
BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Erroneous - Don't like the Cardinals vs. Rangers matchup?

I was disappointed to see Texas even the series up last night in St. Louis. Fucking 9th inning! The Cardinals really could've taken a 2-0 lead had they'd held their defense.

Fuckit, I'm thinking this World Series goes 7 games, and HOPEFULLY St. Louis can win their 11th Pennant!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Erroneous - Don't like the Cardinals vs. Rangers matchup?
Even though there are thirty teams in the league, some people still can't handle it if the same old boring, glory-hogging coastal teams (Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, Phillies, Dodgers, Angels, Giants) aren't the only ones still standing in mid-October.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:11 AM
I don't know, I like how it's different this year. No Giants, no Phillies, No Yankees or Sox (either White or Red!).

I mean it's not the Tigers I support, but it's an interesting match up nonetheless.