Old 11-10-2004, 08:11 PM
See Saw on February 15, 2005

first off... lets hear the props on my thread title... cmon... no? Nothing? damnit

Thanks to DVDanswers.com

Title: Saw
Starring: Leigh Whannell
Released: 15th February 2005
SRP: $26.98

Further Details
Those good folks at Fangoria have received details on the region one release of Saw which stars the likes of Leigh Whannell, Cary Elwes, Danny Glover, Ken Leung and Dina Meyer. The James Wan directed horror flick, will be available to own from the 15th February next year, and should retail at around $26.98. As well as an anamorphic widescreen transfer and English Dolby Digital 5.1 track, the disc will include an audio commentary by director James Wan and star/co-writer Leigh Whannell, a Fear Factory's "Bite the Hand That Feeds" music video, a featurette on the making of that video and trailers. Lions Gate assure us that other features have yet to be finalised, so that spec list could be growing in the near future. We'll bring you the full details, along with the official artwork, shortly. Our thanks to Tay for the heads up

fuck ya... the sooner i can own this movie the better... best fuckin movie!
Old 11-10-2004, 09:02 PM
WOOHOO, we're going to need a two disc edition for this badass flick.

Best movie I've seen all year.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:53 AM
Loved the movie.

I'll be buying this for damn sure.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:30 AM
i'm a loner, didn't like it so much.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:58 AM
I'm definetly buying this.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:27 AM
I'll probably buy this.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:50 PM
I'll rent it.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Best movie? You haven't been to the cinemas much this year then. Saw should easily pick up the worst acting in a film for Cary Elwes and Leight Whannell's horrible performance. Hey who can remember these lines:

"What's your name?"

"My name is pretty fucking confused!"

"What do you have there?"
"Excuse me!" (with all the seriousness of a brick).

The film itself wasn't bad, but it would have been amazing with a proper script and at least decent chemistry.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:54 AM
Man Thunder, just by me hearing those lines makes me like the movie worse, but I do like the movie. I'll probably pick it up. 7/10 (B-)
Old 11-18-2004, 11:20 AM
Oh it's a decent flick, but I mean it could have been the best horror film in a long time with two good actors.

Hopefully the sequel will be better.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Thunder
Oh it's a decent flick, but I mean it could have been the best horror film in a long time with two good actors.

Hopefully the sequel will be better.
i def agree about the acting... it was well beyond over acting... but i mean Cary Elwes has always been a kick ass actor, i think this was just an isolated incident! The other guy is the writer of the movie... if i wrote that movie ida been like "fuck ya, im in the movie, i wrote the fuckin role for me.... bitches"!

But it still cant desuade me from that ending.. and from the movie in general... i just simply put.. fuckin loved it!
Old 11-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Sweet. I'll definitely be picking this one up.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:39 PM
ill definitely be getting this, best horror film ive seen in looooong time
Old 11-18-2004, 05:06 PM
LOL it was a good movie, but everytime i remember one scene, i crack up, Elwes is talking on the phone and then the killer suddenly puts his wife on the phone and they way Elwes says "ALLIE?" i almost died, that was nuts.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:31 PM
this movie was damn good, second best movie of 2004(First being The Grudge) I'll get it
Old 11-19-2004, 02:34 PM
i haven't seen this yet.. my sister said it was good, except for the crappy acting and the ending.. but i'm sure i'll rent it..
Old 11-20-2004, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mr_gamecube
this movie was damn good, second best movie of 2004(First being The Grudge) I'll get it
I respect everyones opinon but...

HOW IN GODS FUCKING GREEN EARTH is The Grudge better than SAW?
Old 11-20-2004, 03:27 AM
What's this movie See Saw everyone's talking about?
Old 11-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by therealjohng
Old 11-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by therealjohng
Well, I liked it.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Ya, can't blame a guy for trying.

I enjoyed this movie, but not enough to buy it. maybe rent it.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:16 PM
I was disappointed. For me there were no scares. Suspense, yeah, but I never really felt any tension or fear. Obviously, there's also the acting, which is mostly horrible, especially by the two main actors. But the thing that bothered me the most was that you DON"T GET TO SEE ANYTHING!! I mean, for two of the victims, the only images you see of their bloody remains are black and white photos, where you can't really see anything. For the stab scene, you can see the entrails on her hands, which is gory enough, but why cut away when she's actually stabbing him? And of course, what should have been the "finale" that could have ended the movie on more of a gross and disturbing note than it did was the scene with the actual "saw". I wanted to SEE the horrible action and no just the character reactions of it! In all the movie just wasn't as twisted as I wanted it to be.

By the way, this is from imdb.com:

"Shots cut in the R-rated version, according to director James Wan and screen-writer and actor Leigh Whannell, included ones of Amanda sifting through the intestines, the fat guy struggle through the barb wire just to shorten the scene, and some forensic ones. The color was made more even and the sound was altered because the MPAA had problems with the tone of the original cut shown in Sundance."

If they did an unrated version I would see it for sure, but if not I wouldn't really care to ever see the movie again.

By the way, a scene that I think could have been wicked would be if there were two people stuck in a room, and BOTH of them have "reverse beartraps" on their mouths, and the key to each one is in the other person's stomach. They both get knives, and obviously if they don't unlock it in time the traps snap open. So the two people would have to fight each other until one of them gets killed. After one of them is on the floor dead, the survivor gets out the key and tries to unlock his trap - but too late, and his face gets split in half by the trap. They should have had a scene like that somewhere in the movie, or even in the sequel.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xirtam
By the way, a scene that I think could have been wicked would be if there were two people stuck in a room, and BOTH of them have "reverse beartraps" on their mouths, and the key to each one is in the other person's stomach. They both get knives, and obviously if they don't unlock it in time the traps snap open. So the two people would have to fight each other until one of them gets killed. After one of them is on the floor dead, the survivor gets out the key and tries to unlock his trap - but too late, and his face gets split in half by the trap. They should have had a scene like that somewhere in the movie, or even in the sequel.
No offense, pal, but that's the dumbest idea I've heard in a long time.

As for the DVD, I'll definitely pick it up, as Lions Gate usually does a fine job with their DVD releases.

MINOR SPOILER ALERT

But what's up with everyone knocking the acting in this movie? I thought it was solid, especially Cary Elwes, who had a hell of a convincing breakdown at the end.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:46 PM
I thought it was a good idea.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by William Munny
But what's up with everyone knocking the acting in this movie? I thought it was solid, especially Cary Elwes, who had a hell of a convincing breakdown at the end.
....You are kidding right? You can't be serious and have a straight face when you say "Cary Elwes did a GREAT job in Saw! Those emotional scenes got right to me, man I really felt for him and his family!"

No?...Good Lord
Old 12-02-2004, 09:08 PM
go here:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...ad&n=1&n2=2&k=

for the kick ass box art work.

Doesnt look like we will get the Uncut version (well right away that is, im assuming a double dip as soon as part 2 is released in theaters)
Old 12-02-2004, 10:53 PM
Ooh my, what lovely artwork!

I'm definitely buying it. And if there's another edition that comes out (which their most certainly will be), I'll buy that too. And so on and so on...

Cary Elwes owned in Robin Hood: Men in Tights, yo!