Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Horror Movie talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2005, 07:32 PM
We should write a petition against Uwe Boll.

*LOTTA SWEARING BEWARE*

House Of The Dead is a serie of videogames developed and published by Sega. The story follows a governement organization and it's members fighting a violent outbreak of bioweaponry; the results of horrible experience conducted by a scientist named Dr.Curien. In FPS mode, players travel in a victorian mansion, a lab, a destructed city and more while blasting away at the living dead and various creature created by Curien.

In Alone In The Dark, Edward Carby was a detective sent to a mansion known as Derceto to retrieve an antique piano for an antique dealer. Once inside he bumps into the niece of the mansion owner who just commited suicide.....but little do they know that in death he found power beyong belief and that they have to survive assault by the forces of Hell. Ghostly spirits and more boogeymen lurks in the shadows.....

Now Uwe fuckface Boll has just singlehandely completely destroyed two of the best horror games franchises on the market.....the worst part is that he will continue to butcher more game franchises and ever worse is the simple fact that this mongloid entity doesn't realize that he is probably the most incompetant fuckmook that ever directed a full length feature film....Just watch the Bloodrayne trailer? WTF is that?!?!?

Please someone tell this demented retard that his dumb movies are total wastes. How can someone take a damn videogame premise and screw it up like a 3 years old with Down's syndrome. Does the man even has an IQ?

I know he is trying to make good movies but damn it man, your making fucking pathetic garbage you damn monkey!!!

He wants to make movies out of Hunter The Reckoning, Far Cry, Clocktower, Metal Gear Solid and Hitman?

Don't ever touch these franchises you moronic Nazi!!!

Just an example...The Clocktower franchise are totally wonderful pieces of gaming that are IMHO the scariest and creepiest games I've ever played. The last one Clocktower 3 was made by the late Kinji Fukasaku( Battle Royale).

Imagine yourself as a sixteen years old girl that witness a blind woman and her toymaking son getting their eyes gouged and then disolved with acid in barred by a demented, gas-masked serial killer.....Or seeing a 10 years old pianist getting blugeoned to death, on screen with a sledgehammer by another ravening maniac.....Imagine a game were you run away and hide from these murderers while getting to help the souls of their slain victims getting to the otherside....Imagine all of this with breathtaking visuals and the creepiest soundtrack in a videogame...ever...

Now imagine a drooling German freak with only half a brain making a movie called Clocktower about a group of teens battling zombies in a football stadium in crappy slo-mo....

Fuck Uwe Boll......Let's make this peeps! Who's in!?

Last edited by Harry Warden; 01-31-2005 at 07:37 PM..
Old 01-31-2005, 09:19 PM
lets give this guy one more chance to prove himself with aka BloodRayne....

Last edited by DarkMarch; 01-31-2005 at 09:21 PM..
Old 01-31-2005, 09:23 PM
Well...I personally don't care if he fucks up Bloodrayne...but if he touches a good series...there will be hell to pay.

Last edited by TheJadedGamer; 01-31-2005 at 09:28 PM..
Old 01-31-2005, 09:56 PM
Did you see the trailer DarkMarch?...looks like we have a winner.....worse looking Boll film!
Old 01-31-2005, 11:58 PM
http://www.uweboll.com/
Old 02-01-2005, 12:30 AM
What's the petition going to say? "Uwe, please stop,"?
Old 02-01-2005, 01:02 AM
I not too keen on video games being made into movies in general, so i don't care if he fucks up. As long as he doesn't get any good scripts ion his hands, he can continue to make bombs.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:54 AM
Man, Uwe Boll needs to be stopped. Bloodrayne looks terrible
Old 02-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Wrong forum, moving to General Horror Talk
Old 02-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Damn! Everyone talking bout Uwe Boll, he's like the hotest director around right now....!!
Old 02-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Winston Wolfe
Wrong forum, moving to General Horror Talk
My first moved post.....ahhh...feels good. Looks like I can officially call myself a member now...

And....Uwe Boll is great really......Kinda.....he's just hella funny.....
Old 02-05-2005, 09:31 PM

You ever think Uwe Boll makes shitty movies to see how mad he can get people? I think he does.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ANTBond007
What's the petition going to say? "Uwe, please stop,"?
Yeah, and he'd read it and say "Why, if you ask me politely I will stop."

I do agree the guy's a total inept and incompetent director and until he does more shit and people stop watching it (*hint* *hint*) he wo't stop. So until then we can just wait . . .

*Girl: "Someone has to stop him!!"*

. . . wait . . .

*lowers epicness knob*
Old 02-06-2005, 08:14 AM
What are we going to say, that he sucks?

Im sure he already knows that.

..its what pisses me off about him and Anderson, its like they are content to just rape every game in existance for a cheap buck.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm the only one who's under the impression that Uwe Boll resemble's a modern day's ED WOOD (not in appearence).

Why? Like Wood he looks like a nice person who only wants to make movies, and like Wood he lacks any kind of talent to make them.

I would be surprised if he was the reincarnation of Wood.
But still he could surprise us all and actualy make a good movie (or at least decent).
Old 02-06-2005, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thirdeye

But still he could surprise us all and actualy make a good movie (or at least decent).

Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously, I don't know what the hell the producers were thinking by hiring this guy. House of the Dead bombed, as Alone in the Dark is right now (I mean c'mon, Tara Reid as "a young genius anthropologist with an incredible memory..."imdb.com) And Bloodrayne will probably turn out to be as horrendous to sit through as well. Those of you saying "Oh, lets give him another chance, he may surprise us." Did you see the trailer? Its a classic case of good cast, bad writer, worse director.

People please, for the sanity of us all and the integrity of all filmmakers, JUST SAY NO TO UWE BOLL!!!!!
Old 02-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by redwhisper13
Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously, I don't know what the hell the producers were thinking by hiring this guy. House of the Dead bombed, as Alone in the Dark is right now (I mean c'mon, Tara Reid as "a young genius anthropologist with an incredible memory..."imdb.com) And Bloodrayne will probably turn out to be as horrendous to sit through as well. Those of you saying "Oh, lets give him another chance, he may surprise us." Did you see the trailer? Its a classic case of good cast, bad writer, worse director.

People please, for the sanity of us all and the integrity of all filmmakers, JUST SAY NO TO UWE BOLL!!!!!
Yes i saw the trailer, it was awfull.
I'm not saying we should give another change but since we're going to put up with more of his movies (i know it's a scary tought), one can only hope.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by krazy drako
You ever think Uwe Boll makes shitty movies to see how mad he can get people? I think he does.
Heh...Could be. In which case, someone should spank him and tell him to grow up.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:27 AM
I would be so pissed at this pathetic director if he touches or thinks about Metal Gear Solid MGS is such a hot series that shouldn't end
Old 02-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Don't know if people have seen this - hilarious backlash article from two screenwriters who were working with Boll on Resident Evil.

Link

This guy sounds like such a HACK!
Old 02-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shockwave

..its what pisses me off about him and Anderson, its like they are content to just rape every game in existance for a cheap buck.

Oh, please. Anderson dosen't even belong in the same league as Boll. Anderson is a wwwwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better director could ever be. That I am sticking by.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Oh, please. Anderson dosen't even belong in the same league as Boll. Anderson is a wwwwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better director could ever be. That I am sticking by.
I agree, as a Director Anderson is actualy pretty slick, but niether one of them can write worth a damn.

The fact is they both have fucked over any franchise they have managed to get thier hands on, the only difference is Anderson got games people actualy cared about, while Boll gets the shit of yesteryear that companies are glad to pawn off for a few extra dollars.

But yes, Anderson is leagues above Boll, just keep him away from a pen and paper. (see MK1 and Event Horizon)

..keep Boll away, period.

Last edited by Shockwave; 02-07-2005 at 10:39 PM..
Old 02-08-2005, 12:07 AM
How can you even compare Anderson and Boll!?
Old 02-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Quote:
How can you even compare Anderson and Boll!?

Mk and Event Horizon were pretty good 7/10,(as he didnt write them) but RE1(5/10), RE2(3/10) and AVP(1/10) have just blown nuts. See the pattern?

Hes a far better director then Boll will ever be, but TO ME his writing is fucking terrible and only getting worse.

Last edited by Shockwave; 02-08-2005 at 09:55 AM..
Old 02-08-2005, 10:31 AM
I think he needs silence. It seems that most people have done the right thing with alone in the dark... just let it fade into obscurity. He sucks at making movies so much that he doesn't even deserve the hatred. The uweboll.com website seems like a sufficient amount of energy needed to tell him what we think.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shockwave
I agree, as a Director Anderson is actualy pretty slick, but niether one of them can write worth a damn.

The fact is they both have fucked over any franchise they have managed to get thier hands on, the only difference is Anderson got games people actualy cared about, while Boll gets the shit of yesteryear that companies are glad to pawn off for a few extra dollars.
I see what you are trying to say, but personally my favourite film of Anderson's is Resident Evil (4.5/5) and I didn't mind both Alien Vs. Predator (3.5/5) and Resident Evil: Apocalypse (3.5/5) (also I don't really call RE2 a Anderson film since he didn't direct it). While I agree he isn't much in the writing department but to me he makes up for it in his slick direction.

To rest of you schmoes, I see where you are coming at but personally I think he gets to much flack from you guys, and you should focus all your attention on Uwe Boll instead, he's the real villain in all of this. Also this whole "Anderson fuck this up, he fuck that up" is starting to get really tired. Again, it's your opinion. But this is also mine.

I proclaim right now, I LIKE PAUL ANDERSON!!! And if you don't like it, well, you know the rest....

Also I jsut rememdered that this is a UWE BOLL thread. So how do I feel about the guy? Well as a wise man once said, "Fuck Uwe Boll. Fuck him up his stupid ass" .

That's my two cents for the day.

Last edited by Terror Australis; 02-09-2005 at 06:12 PM..
Old 02-09-2005, 05:47 PM
I like Anderson's films. I really think that they are good entertainment. I love MK, RE, RE:A(he wrote it) and AVP. Yep, I'm that tasteless.

But Boll is just a retard. I hate the fact that he thinks his films are good while they are not. I hate the fact this damn fool is buying every damn franchise around and raping them.

Hey Uwe....go to IMDB and look at your films ratings. Or sign up here and ask us if we liked your damn turds!
Old 02-11-2005, 12:50 AM
I don't think we need to sign a petition against Uwe Boll I was thinking we all chip in and hire a hitman, but if thats going to far we could just chip in and maybe have his legs broken or something.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:29 AM
http://imdb.com/name/nm0093051/bio

Look at his trademarks and quotes....Whoever wrote that is a comedic genius.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:37 AM
Your basically promoting his next project. I watched one of his films for about ten minutes after i herd someone trash him, and had to know what upset them so much.

Your giving a Indi director so much promotion, i would never have herd of him if it was for these forums.

Seems to me a indi Director trying to get in hollywood without making a good film, well maybe we saw the second one comming
Old 02-25-2005, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Warden
http://imdb.com/name/nm0093051/bio

Look at his trademarks and quotes....Whoever wrote that is a comedic genius.
This one right here is defentley my favorite quote from that webpage.

"People are always telling me, 'Uwe, your movies make me cry so hard'. And that is the greatest compliment a dramatic movie maker such as myself can receive."

I don't he is taking those the right way.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Bloodrayne could have been one of the top horror movies this year.

COULD HAVE BEEN

It my be worst than
Old 02-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Your basically promoting his next project. I watched one of his films for about ten minutes after i herd someone trash him, and had to know what upset them so much.

Your giving a Indi director so much promotion, i would never have herd of him if it was for these forums.

I don't know, Alone did awful, and we promoted that plenty by ranting on about just how bad it is going to be, or about how bad Boll is. So it's not like we're indirectly helping the confused german man.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:35 AM
I really need to see House of the dead it seems to get people real mad, is it really that bad?

Is it getting released in the Uk?

I bet no-one really cares do they!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by heavy!!!
I really need to see House of the dead it seems to get people real mad, is it really that bad?

Is it getting released in the Uk?

I bet no-one really cares do they!!!
Put it this way... Boll splices video game sequences into the action scenes.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by thirdeye
Why do people keep saying this? A friggin 10 year old could surprise us with a decent movie. If Boll hasn't done anything even remotely decent, he's a total hack and should never ever be close to a movie set again.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:12 AM

This week I've gone to the video store to do some *ahem* research on Uwe Boll films. Yes folks, both House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark are pretty damned bad. But I posted here to say one thing: if you're a talentless hack who nonetheless loves movies, and if you can take advantage of a loophole in German tax law to get your shite on the silver screen--then more power to ya.

(Could someone here tell me how to do it myself?)
Old 07-17-2005, 01:09 PM
im gonna have to try and get my hands on his films (just to see how bad they really are) although it looks like id have to import a copy from the US since it isnt on dvd here...i did download the first 15 minutes ages ago which were pretty fun but thats all ive seen of House of the Dead
Old 07-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Alright.

Even IF it were possible to stop a certain person from making movies, I would consider the people that wanted to stop the man/men/woman/women fucking assholes.

It's simple really - unless it's causing tangible harm, why cut in on someone's freedom of expression?

FUCK THIS! Dont watch his product, tell the man you dont like his work, whatever - but why the hell would you want to "petition" to take away his rights as a human?

Joke or not, this is ludicrous and elementary.

(Take no offense people, I get pissed off when freedom of expression is on the table, it's very important to me personally)
Old 09-25-2005, 05:04 PM
he butchering work that could be made into decent franchises. fuck him , bloodrayne looks like shit too. he should not produce movies let alone direct. fuck'em up against a wall!!!!