Old 07-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Where is the Justice League movie?

I'm trying to get a definitive answer on why no one has initiated a Justice League movie. I mean it seems like a no-brainer to me...all the world's greatest and best-known superheroes in one movie...!!!

I heard somewhere that it's because the rights to all the big name characters are tied up...is that true? That seems like a weird reason because don't all DC movies get distributed by Warner Bros.?

Anyway...any thoughts?
Old 07-19-2005, 04:52 PM
I think this may be the wrong forum.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:38 PM
I think it's because of ALL the big name superheroes it'd be hard to do them all justice in ONE movie. Plus they'd have to bring in all the big name stars from the separate franchise movies and the cost would be . . .whoa.

That being said I once, a long time ago, wrote a script for a Justice League movie. It started with Det. John Jones(Laurence Fishburne) investigating an explosion at Cadmus Labs. An overload happened while a teleporter was being used, bringing Martian Manhunter to earth. Jones gets shot and MM takes his ID. Also . . . Despero coems through the teleporter in the burning labs.

Various character beats introduce the different heroes and when they all happen to join in to stop a threat(despero, something huge, can't remember) it's a PR hit. Eventually Watchtower made on the moon, etc.

Alas, Luthor uses Despero, and together they try to take down the Justice League for some inane reason. It's like Tower of Babel, but Luthor instead of Ra's Al Ghul takes the ways to defeat the heroes from Batman. He accomplishes it, but the day's saved by Martian Manhunter eventually.

At the end all is well with the heroes, but Batman is kicked out. Sets up a Divided We Fall sequel.

Superman - Tom Welling
Batman - Christian Bale
Martian Manhunter - Laurence Fishburne
Flash - Peter Krause
Wonder Woman - Monica Belluci
Green Lantern - Jared Padalecki or Milo Ventimiglia
Plastic Man - Vince Vaughn
Lex Luthor - Kevin Spacey
Despero - Alan Rickman(voice)
Old 07-24-2005, 03:53 PM
they need to make a movie about each indiidual character before they make the justice leaue movie.
which they're on their way to doing. btw who's despero again?