Old 09-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Tim Roth

I'm a really big fan of his. He's one of those men that can play an unattractive nerd and a hot guy both convincingly. He has a chameleon-like feature to him, thanks to his superb acting chops too. I must say, with makeup, he can really be unrecognisable. I'm always wondering why Hollywood never came knocking for him. He's obviously pretty boy-ish enough and he's a great actor, even if he canít quite master the American accent. Yet he seems to get the short end of the straw all the time. It's not like he has a solid artistic integrity anyway. Hell, he did The Musketeer. He even said himself: "I have a bad time between jobs because I'm always convinced I'll never work again. I think it may be an English thing, this fear of unemployment." So he obviously takes whatever he can get. The only thing he ever turned down was "Sid & Nancy", because he's a big Sex Pistols fan and he thought the movie was too close to Sid's death. Why nobody ever gives him anything good is a wonder. But he's not fully innocent either. He was the first choice to play Snape in the HP movies. He dropped out to be in Planet of the Apes. Probably the dumbest thing he ever did.

And does anyone else think that he could have made the perfect Constantine instead of Keanu Reeves?
Old 09-21-2005, 08:17 PM
I cannot believe no one's commented on this. Tim Roth fucking rocks!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Great gent indeed.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:42 PM
very good actor
Old 09-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Excellent actor.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Pulp Fiction
Resevoir Dogs
Four Rooms
Gridlock'd

Yay!
Old 09-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Definitely love this guy!
Old 09-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Yay

Good actor -- I know everybody thinks Spacey was the bees knees in Usual Suspects, but I was secretly rooting for Roth to win the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his role as the foppish, evil lord in Rob Roy.

He's a good director, too. I highly recommend The War Zone to film students everywhere.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:31 PM
One of those terrific character actors who can disappear into any role that he plays. Always compelling, this man is.

YAY!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2005, 09:51 PM
A phenom of the acting profession that doesn't do NEARLY enough films for my liking, or if he has, they've been annoyingly below the radar, which means I'll have to get off my lazy ass and seek them out.

YAY
Old 12-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Great actor, no doubt. His role in Four Rooms was fantastic. I can't picture many actors as the bellboy.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Tim Roth is the man, I love Tim Roth, he's amazing. Everytime hes mentioned I always have to bring up the movie he directed called "The War Zone." If you can find it do give it a watch, fantastic film. It just furthers Roth's awesomeness.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:43 AM
One of the best. YAY!
Old 12-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Of course. He's been in so many good roles, and played them to perfection.