Old 01-02-2008, 07:57 PM
I've been making my way through Mass Effect but I keep getting distracted. Too many new dvds and such. I'm also playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but haven't gotten too far in it either. Hell, I haven't even played it online yet. Both games are the best of the year even with what little I've played of them.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
It's gotten a little better now that I have realized certain classes are useless and basically filled my party up with knights. I've heard that the story gets much more interesting after Chapter 1 but for the life of me I don't think I'll be able to make it that far. I am going to keep trying for now, mostly because I don't have any money to buy another game at the moment.
Made it past chapter 1 and it does get much more fun. New classes are much more exciting to play, and their is something resembling a storyline. Granted the story makes little to no sense at all, it's better than it was in the beginning. Just started the last chapter so hopefully I can finish it up soon.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

wtf, this game is too amazing.

aaaannddd..

Madden '08
Old 01-03-2008, 03:09 AM
"Mass Effect" might just be the game I've been looking for for ages.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Skate
Old 01-03-2008, 08:05 AM
on a Star Wars binge lately so i'm playing through KoToR and KoToR II
Old 01-03-2008, 08:52 AM
I've recently started playing Baldur's Gate 2 again, really doing it properly this time though - All the side quests!

Such a great game!
Old 01-03-2008, 04:20 PM
World of Warcraft- Which is still the greatest fucking game in existence
Old 01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Space View Post
World of Warcraft- Which is still the greatest fucking game in existence
You poor poor soul.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:50 PM
"Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" is already the best adventure game I've played. I'm not sure if it has better graphics than "Mass Effect", but they're there. ME has better textures, characters look more realistic, but Uncharted has better everything else. The movements are extremely human, the light effects stellar, and it's awesome how the environment affects Nate (water gets his wet, etc). And it runs extremely fluid, no framerate issues or slow texturizing.

And it's very funny. Damn. And I still haven't played the other three games. Best buys ever!
Old 01-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Old 01-04-2008, 12:30 AM
On steps 3 and 4 of "Games I bought for Christmas".

"Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" is orgasmic. Even I who is not much of an FPS player was trying to hide a boner. I cannot imagine guys who are really into FPSs. No wonder Danger^Cart was blowing loads.

"Assassin's Creed" was very great, but not as great as the other three I've played. A little complicated, but really fun and badass to play.

Just missing "The Orange Box". These five games might've been the best batch I've ever bought. Good god.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:04 AM
I have logged over 24 hours in on Team Fortress 2.

It's my new Counter-Strike.

I usually play about 2 hours of games a week. I just got The Orange Box like, 2 or three weeks ago!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Kane and Lynch (7/10)
Loved the japanese club level. Flawed though
Old 01-04-2008, 05:02 PM

Just kicked this guys ass. Only 2 chapters left.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Assassins Creed & Stranglehold. Damn these 24 hour days and not having enough time
Old 01-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Quote:

Just kicked this guys ass. Only 2 chapters left.
Good luck with the upcoming bosses. They be hard. Really hard.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nightcrawler View Post
Good luck with the upcoming bosses. They be hard. Really hard.
I kicked the flying fox's ass in two tries. I had one attempt on Bohan then had to stop playing.

This game is really pretty short once you get into it. I probably would have beat it ages ago if I had time and hadn't got distracted by my psp.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Quote:
I kicked the flying fox's ass in two tries. I had one attempt on Bohan then had to stop playing.

This game is really pretty short once you get into it. I probably would have beat it ages ago if I had time and hadn't got distracted by my psp.
Oh. Good go on Flying Fox, it took me like 5 tries, I kept fucking up the thing where you return his attacks. Bohan I found extremely difficult, though.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Super Mario Galaxy
Old 01-08-2008, 03:01 PM
God Hand Damn this game is hard! but fun anyways. I really don't know what to think of the plot.

.hack//G.U. Vol. 2 Reminisce
Old 01-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Quote:
You poor poor soul.
come on now, he plays WoW, he no longer has a soul
Old 01-08-2008, 08:36 PM
NFL Blitz 01

Double Post

Last edited by Notorious5; 01-08-2008 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: Double Post
Old 01-08-2008, 08:42 PM

If the average person were to be looking for N64 games, they would most likely overlook this game. But unfourtunately for them, they would be missing out. Although you could call me an unexpierenced gamer I have to say that this game is my favorite video game of all time. The reckless and fast paced gameplay provides the 2nd most fun multiplayer on the market (trailing super smash bros. melee). There have been numerous ocations where I have gone up to my Grandmas house and stomped all of my cousins in this game. and to be honest it just gets more and more fun.

Now you might ask yourself why in the world should I get the old Blitz 2001 instead of the new ones, and there is a perfectly good reason why. That is, that the new games suck, compared to 01 every single Blitz game that has come out since 2003 has been ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. I once played blitz 03 on ps2, and I felt like I was playing madden. Seriously take my word for it, grab your N64, and play Blitz 2001.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Making my way through Final Fantasy 7, I just got Vincent and beat the Materia Keeper or whatever it's called, which actually took me two tries because Red XIII kept fucking jumping in front of Cloud when I had just Phoenix Down'd his overly-greatful ass, which would kill him again. This game is fucking owning my life right now.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien22 View Post
Making my way through Final Fantasy 7, I just got Vincent and beat the Materia Keeper or whatever it's called, which actually took me two tries because Red XIII kept fucking jumping in front of Cloud when I had just Phoenix Down'd his overly-greatful ass, which would kill him again. This game is fucking owning my life right now.
Like it should.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien22 View Post
I'm playing through 10 right now... Its still the worst one IMO - But its worth a play now and again!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Regret View Post
I'm playing through 10 right now... Its still the worst one IMO - But its worth a play now and again!
You obviously haven't played Final Fantasy II. XD Anyway, I've been playing tons of Team Deathmatch on CoD4. That game is fucking incredible. And I started up Assassin's Creed again. I'm trying to beat it ASAP because I realized after like the third or fourth assassination, you realize how fucking repetitive it gets. So I'm just going through the game and doing the bare minimum (fuck those citizens) so I can beat it and trade that shit it towards my Lost Odyssey pre-order (it'll net me 33 bucks).
Old 01-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfd3657 View Post
You obviously haven't played Final Fantasy II.
*really liked FFII*

FFI is the one I found to be pretty bleh.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:09 PM
NCAA Football 08

I would be lying if I were to say that this game was a disapointment. There are so many traits that EA kept, and added to this game that made it so superb. In my personal oppinion this game is a better buy then madden, and believe me ive played both. Although they are similar in many ways, NCAA offers a much more fun single player and multi-player expierience.

Ill start with the single player. With the continuing addition of Dynasty mode wich is equivalent to franchise in madden, you play as the coach of your choice of team. From recruting players to creating prospects and stacking up your trophy case, the game provides a simulation of not only playing expierience but coaching expierience as well.

Next comes the campus legend mode. Pretty much this is exactly like maddens Superstar only with a less gay name and much more fun. This game mode focuses on one player that you create and use in the high school state championship and work your way up to the heisman trophy in college. This is pretty sweet because not only does it just focus on your player, the camra angle is different during the games, so that you have a close to the action view.

Finally the differences. Between this game and Madden there are many differences and similarities. Basically NCAA is a better, more fun, modified version of madden. In madden you make less big plays and less hell of awsome tackles. Overall great buy, I highly recomend this game.

Overall great game, probably EA's best so far
Old 01-10-2008, 04:11 AM
Quote:
*really liked FFII*

I actually found 11 alot more enjoyable that 10, I change my earlier statement though. 10-2 was the worst!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Quote:
I actually found 11 alot more enjoyable that 10, I change my earlier statement though. 10-2 was the worst!
11? I meant 2.

XI (11) bored me to death after like five hours. Which is a record, all other MMO's usually take about one hour to have me bored.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:58 AM
hahaha - when I said 11 i meant XII

I forgot XI even exsisted what with the fact that it doesnt interest me in the slightest!

Last edited by Crimson_Regret; 01-11-2008 at 04:08 AM..
Old 01-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Quote:
*really liked FFII*

heh i never really even gave II a chance, i got horribly discouraged when i found out that even at teh very begining of the game straying of fthe invisible patch got your ass attacked by way higher lvl monsters of something.

And VIII is still the best, YAY Junction System!!

Bah, still trying to get through Knights of the Old Republic, i need to see how it ties into the second one (which i've already finished from playing it a few years ago) or i'm gonna go insane!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:34 PM
I finally got Xbox live, so i delved into all the games that have online

-Team Fortress 2 (played a bit, got my ass handed to me, havent played it since...but i will)

-Halo 3 (I was really surprised at the fact that you can play 2 player splitscreen with the online, which led to my bro and i kicking people's asses!)

-Gears of War (fun shit, but i suck!)

-Rainbow Six Vegas (played a bit, and it was very enjoyable)

and last, but defintiely not least....

-Call of Duty 4- Modern Warfare (son of a bitch game, i hate you for rocking so hard!)

So yeah, thats been the last....oh, say the last 72 hours. this shit has made me a video game nerd again....and im fucking proud of it

EDIT- Also, ive mentioned in the cod 4 thread, gamertag is MR Mick 424 if u wanna blow shit up!

Last edited by Mr.HyDe807; 01-11-2008 at 11:58 PM..
Old 01-12-2008, 09:33 PM

which i didn't like and i thought i'd love it

played for over 2 hrs til my shoulder started screaming at me it's in pain i'm so buying this one
Old 01-13-2008, 03:01 AM
ROCK BAND.... Every chance I get.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Quote:
hahaha - when I said 11 i meant XII

I forgot XI even exsisted what with the fact that it doesnt interest me in the slightest!
Yeah, XI is very bleh. Nice MMO and all, but wtf is it called "XI". Should've been called "Final Fantasy Online". But XII is fucking amazing. The best FF after VIII and VII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
heh i never really even gave II a chance, i got horribly discouraged when i found out that even at teh very begining of the game straying of fthe invisible patch got your ass attacked by way higher lvl monsters of something.
II is actually very easy because the leveling system is very, very easily abused. If you, at the very beginning, go 'level up' for about an hour and a half, you're set and untouchable for the rest of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
And VIII is still the best, YAY Junction System!!
You got that shit right. *Scrubs-like high five*
Old 01-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Mario Party
Old 01-14-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm almost done with FF7, but I'm getting very annoyed because I'm trying to get Cloud's "Ultima Weapon" and I've fought the Ultimate WEAPON once, and I saved when he stopped at his second spot, but once he retreats again, I go through the post-battle screens, I'm on Highwind again and I look around and he's already gone and can not find him. Any advice from anyone who's done this? (*cough* X-NIGHTCRAWLER)