Old 06-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nightcrawler View Post
Do you mean that fucking snake thing that absorbed energy from its little critters?

Yes, he was a bitch. I'm doing what I think is a side quest, and I have to kill like 3 guards and three guards on horses, and they're seriously owning my ass. I can't even access a place to grind; I don't think I can go buy better weapons or spells. It's ridiculous.

But the game is enjoyable enough. And according to many reviews I've read, it's hardest at first, which is kind of a relief.
Oh, yeah. Those guys you fight when you meet Porom and Palom-I mean Macke and Cooke? XD Those horse guys are a bitch. Definitely worth sticking through, though. The story is great, and I loved the ending. Clocked about 70 hours into it total.

Last edited by dfd3657; 06-28-2008 at 06:29 PM..
Old 06-28-2008, 06:36 PM
played GH 3 online
Old 06-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Right. Weird similarity there.

Dammit, I want to finish FFIV.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:44 PM

lolwut? XD

But yeah. I can't wait for the DS version of FFIV to come out. Too bad it's be (count it) the 7th version of that game to be released (3 versions on SNES, 1 on Wonderswan Color, 1 on Playstation, 1 on GBA, and now the DS version).
Old 06-28-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm replaying Perfect Dark on Perfect Agent,cause my other systems are fucked.
And it sucks cause the controller barely fits my hands anymore. It's enough to piss off the pope. Still a kickass game thogh
Old 06-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfd3657 View Post
But yeah. I can't wait for the DS version of FFIV to come out. Too bad it's be (count it) the 7th version of that game to be released (3 versions on SNES, 1 on Wonderswan Color, 1 on Playstation, 1 on GBA, and now the DS version).
Yet there's been only one release of FFIII.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:13 PM

took me about 5 days to beat easy now i''m on level 3 on medium which i didn't think i'd get that far
Old 07-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1980 View Post

took me about 5 days to beat easy now i''m on level 3 on medium which i didn't think i'd get that far
Don't worry, it eases you in until about halfway through Expert, which is when you're going to have to practice to keep moving forward.

Fun, huh?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Don't worry, it eases you in until about halfway through Expert, which is when you're going to have to practice to keep moving forward.

Fun, huh?

additive is a better word
Old 07-04-2008, 04:33 PM
tried playing GTA 4 and found it boring
Old 07-07-2008, 12:52 AM

If you can get around the PS2 quality graphics and the wonky camera, you have yourself one of the most interesting strategy RPGs in quite a long time. When I first played the game, it didn't click, and my friend picked it up and was telling me how much he loved it, so I gave it another shot. Needless to say, after playing a couple of hours today, I love it. The thing you really need to wrap your head around is the cover system; once you know how Cover Move, Cover Ambush and Cover Attack work, it makes the game HELLA easy (at least so far it has been).

The game's getting pretty much trashed by most "popular" review sites and magazines. IGN gave it a 2.5, which implies the game is broken beyond playability. Well, there's people that have beaten it, so it's not broken. It was a pretty terribly written review, too. I honestly didn't expect it to get stellar reviews, anyway; it's certainly a niche title. I'm just glad Atlus picked it up (as I am with Spectral Force 3). Oh, and it's got vampire Nazis, Nazi zombies wielding Lugers, and British forces that can turn into werewolves. And dragons. And skeletons. And Excalibur. Oh, and Hitler's apparently a wizard.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Final Fantasy XII currently
Old 07-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1980 View Post
tried playing GTA 4 and found it boring
You're not missing much.
I still haven't beaten the game yet. It was great for a while, then it just got repetitive. I might pick it up in the future to finish it though.

Right now I'm doing a second play-through of Mass Effect on the 360. I realized after I played it that I missed a shit load of side quests, so I decided to go through every corner of every world and make sure I catch them all. And this time I'm being a chick who is a total bitch
Old 07-09-2008, 11:27 PM

Actually, I BOUGHT this today because this weekend I'm going to a GH party at a friend's house. They have one GH controller, and the Rock Band controller. They also bought a used controller in which 3 buttons stick.
So, since they don't have this - none of us have played it yet - and I needed one more controller... I bought it.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:52 AM
I've been dabbing a little in TF2 on the PC and some GTA4 multiplayer, which is a hell of a lot of fun, even though i'm an utterly useless addition to any team.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
You're not missing much.
I still haven't beaten the game yet. It was great for a while, then it just got repetitive. I might pick it up in the future to finish it though.

Right now I'm doing a second play-through of Mass Effect on the 360. I realized after I played it that I missed a shit load of side quests, so I decided to go through every corner of every world and make sure I catch them all. And this time I'm being a chick who is a total bitch
Kinda creepy, exact same for me. With the GTAIV comment and the replaying Mass Effect bit. You're reading my mind!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Grrr! I told you guys GTA IV wasn't all that!

MGS4 tho is tah bast game evarr!!!11
Old 07-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Mario Kart Wii, all the way! Trying to unlock my last character, Dry Bowser.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:08 PM
I need to decide between either Grand Theft Auto IV or Assassin's Creed.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:12 AM

so good
Old 07-19-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry to say this, but FFVIII just wasn't doing it for me. I really didn't have any interest in the plot and before I left for 2 weeks, I just did the part where you leave the TV station and flee to the other garden. If I'm not interested in the plot by this point as well as not enjoying the magic system, I need to stop. So I stopped and picked up X which I'm about 9 hours into and absolutely loving. I'll pick up 8 again eventually but I'm not sure I'll want to finish it (I rarely finish a game that I don't really like [last was Halo 3 campaign]). Speaking of which I've also been playing some online Halo 3 and original Smash Bros.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah, you probably shouldn't bother. Most people who disliked it started disliking it about halfway through when the plot goes insane. If you didn't like anything in the beginning, then there's nothing down the line that's gonna change your mind. Shame.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:16 PM

So far so good. I love the destructible environment.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:01 PM
I just finished Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit and was extremely let down by this game. I like the other games because of the depth in which they go into the story of the show and the sheer number of playable characters. This game lacks in both and is so simple to perform combos and special moves it takes no skill to play (Beat the whole thing in one sit down, including the bonus missions).
Old 07-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Playing:
Xenogears
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Idly Replaying:
Crash Bandicoot
Old 07-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
Playing:
Xenogears
First time? What do you think of that gem?
Old 07-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Quake 1
uber win
Old 07-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
Quake 1
uber win
Never forget: You have a rocket launcher.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:18 AM
Quote:
First time? What do you think of that gem?
Loving it thus far. Started it several years back, never got to finish it. Playing it makes me think that when I beat it, I'll remember it with the same fondness that I do something like Chrono Trigger or FFVII. If that makes sense. Anywho, yeah, it's awesome. Plus I've heard the story is spectacular, so I'm looking forward to that.

Question though: I'm only a little ways in (first met up with Bart in the Stalactite Cave), but I was just wondering, does the battle system get more complex?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
Loving it thus far. Started it several years back, never got to finish it. Playing it makes me think that when I beat it, I'll remember it with the same fondness that I do something like Chrono Trigger or FFVII. If that makes sense. Anywho, yeah, it's awesome. Plus I've heard the story is spectacular, so I'm looking forward to that.

Question though: I'm only a little ways in (first met up with Bart in the Stalactite Cave), but I was just wondering, does the battle system get more complex?
In a way, yes. There are two battle systems. But the 'foot' one, only gets more complex as you learn more combos. Don't remember the specific mechanics. I hated fighting in that game.

And yes, the story is spectacular.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:09 PM
I just started a new game of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Already, I'm doing better than I ever have - got past the castle guards on the first try.

This time, I'm going to challenge myself. I'm going to try to finish the game (including my nemesis, the Water Temple) without an online guide.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:15 PM
CS 1.6

OH yeaaaa
Old 07-24-2008, 03:38 AM
Old 08-06-2008, 10:31 AM
bourne conspiracy. so so dull

why did i even add this to my direct to door games rental list??! oh yeah because i have played every other good game on the 360! i need to get a ps3 and a wii asap
Old 08-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Devil May Cry 4. A bit easier than the third one which was ridicoulsly(sp?) hard at times.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Old 08-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien22 View Post
I'm sorry to say this, but FFVIII just wasn't doing it for me. I really didn't have any interest in the plot and before I left for 2 weeks, I just did the part where you leave the TV station and flee to the other garden. If I'm not interested in the plot by this point as well as not enjoying the magic system, I need to stop. So I stopped and picked up X which I'm about 9 hours into and absolutely loving. I'll pick up 8 again eventually but I'm not sure I'll want to finish it (I rarely finish a game that I don't really like [last was Halo 3 campaign]). Speaking of which I've also been playing some online Halo 3 and original Smash Bros.
To this day, I still think that other than Unlimited Saga, Final Fantasy 8 is the worst RPG I have ever played. Everything about the game was irritating and tedious. No game should feel like a chore. I got to the end of the game, about to beat it and I found out a friend of mine liked it and didn't own it, so I gave it to him, not even caring that I didn't see the ending. I personally would recommend you never ever go back to that game, cut your time-losses and move on. Thats just me though.

Anyways, got back into Silent Hill 4: The Room last night. This game doesn't feel as scary as the other ones.. It's definately creepy as shit but I don't start sweating before opening doors in this one hoping and praying for the "This door is fucked, you cant go in" message like I used to. Maybe I'm jaded towards this series tricks? I don't think I am, I re-played 2 a few months back and was so nervous at some points I had to turn it off for awhile and watch Hamtaro or something. Despite this though. I LOVE the premise and I love the feeling of running around in the fucked up worlds and coming back to relax in the apartment. Maybe thats why It's not as scary, the fact I can run back to a hole and go back to the apartment to heal? I dunno. I still say its probably my favorite SH after part 2 due to its awesome premise. So far I would say the only part I havent really liked was the Water Prison world, it was pretty annoying.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Bionic Commando: Rearmed for the PS3 (because Sony's the lesser of two evils when it comes to playing online).
Old 08-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Old 08-15-2008, 12:47 PM
twilight princess on the cube. just cant get into it

far prefer windwaker and phantom hourglass. ie toon link