Old 12-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Searching for Sugar Man

Anyone else catch this yet? I thought it was a pretty incredible doc and couldn't believe that I had never heard of Rodriguez before. Once the music started playing, it just sounded like something that should naturally be on my iTunes playlist. Obviously the mystery aspect of the doc is great, but the thing I thought about most once the credits rolled was just how many potentially legendary artists just never make it for whatever reason. My favorite scene was probably when the South African guy was going through his records and there were classic Beatles, Stones, etc. records and right in there was a copy of one of Rodriguez's albums.

Check this out if you get a chance. It's not only a great doc, but will also introduce you to some great music if you're into 60s/70s stuff. He reminds me of a mix between James Taylor and Bob Dylan, but still completely unique.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:00 AM
Stands as my favorite documentary of 2012. Amazing story, great film.

Have you seen the 60 Minutes segment about the story/film? It gives some interesting info about the director, how the film was made and the aftermath.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0VI7TLLV3o