Old 01-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Movie Title Help?

I can't find or think of this movie please help! It involves an old man and a girl who wants to be left alone and he jokingly tells her he played for the New York Yankees. Later on the girl ask the elderly man if this spring weather makes him miss playing baseball and spring training. The man then tells her that he has never played for the Yankees.

Any ideas? I think the old man kind of looks like Carl Reiner, and the girl was kind of ditsy and had blonde hair
Old 01-16-2013, 12:21 AM
I'd probably need more details. Does a romance develop between the older man and the younger woman? Is baseball an actual part of the movie, or is it only mentioned passingly in those lines of dialogue? For some reason, the movie that came to mind was Starting Out in the Evening, but I'm not sure if there's a scene where Frank Langella's character jokes about having played for the Yankees.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:24 AM
It's Woody Allen's 2009 film Whatever Works, the old man is Larry David and the young ditzy blonde is Evan Rachel Wood.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
It's Woody Allen's 2009 film Whatever Works, the old man is Larry David and the young ditzy blonde is Evan Rachel Wood.
I saw that movie when it came out, and I totally forgot about it. That's not necessarily an insult, since I remember enjoying it, but yeah, good call.