Old 01-22-2013, 12:28 AM
The Following

Kevin Williamson. Kevin Bacon. James Pureofy. Serial Killer. Fox. Mondays. 9pm.

Anyone check it out?

I dug it. It's cool to see Bacon on TV and I like the set up. The influence of Scream is clear. I like that it will be 15 episodes nonstop each Monday. No breaks. Tell a quick, lean story.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:47 AM
Totally forgot about this one. Yeah I need to see it.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I thought it was great. I would even go as far as to say that this is probably one of Kevin Bacon's best roles and performances.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Definitely one of those breezy shows that I'm not head over heels for, but will catch it when it comes on Monday.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:26 PM
I actually thought it was pretty terrible. Right off the bat you have one of the biggest hallmarks of lazy writing: He's a secret alcoholic! And yet his drinking problem isn't really a problem (yes, I assume this is setting up stuff for later in the series; I just think alcoholism is a shitty writing crutch).

And then you have this Hannibal Lecter wannabe who somehow concocted this massive grand design of a conspiracy through brief internet access while in a maximum security prison that relied on monumental strokes of luck (the girl moving into that very duplex; the ex-wife hiring that babysitter; all the cops being incompetent, etc.) - only so he could get caught at the exact right moment, go back to prison so he could play his masterful "game" with Will Graham, er, I mean Kevin Bacon...

Throw in some heavy handed Edger Allen Poe bullshit and you've got one of the dumbest cop shows I've seen.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Gotta side with Badbird on this one. I was really looking forward to this but I thought the pilot was kind of awful.

The story is just ludicrous and the twists unbelievable (I say that as someone who could go along with every twist 24 dished at me). The meta stuff was too obvious. Kevin Bacon's over-the-top yelling was cringeworthy and so was the climactic look on his face at the end of the episode, it looked like he was trying for a stunned expression but it came out completely frozen and vacant.

It's watchable in a mindless way but delve in any further than the surface and it just seems laughable.

I'll give it another episode cause I had such high hopes for this but I doubt it'll get any better.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Jesus, this show is ridiculous. The....
Spoiler:
second episode with the fat security cop killer coming down like Michael Myers via H20 was too good.

I'll probably be in this for the long haul, just because.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 PM
I have seen the preveiw to this series only a few nights back

It does look interesting on waht l have seen of it

But like everything we have to wait a few weeks for it to air on aussie tv
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Funny, in that "What the..." sort of way.

'The Following' reviewed by actual serial killer: Seriously.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...seriously.html
Old 03-16-2013, 04:31 PM
I've been watching every week...solid show...great way to end Monday nights.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:27 PM
If there was any consolation to watching the whole season of this show (believe me, I don't know either), it was knowing the utter predictability of the final moments of the season finale. No joke, I said what would happen, word for word, to my parents a week ago, and a couple minutes before the show ended.

Then when it happened, I felt like I achieved some sort of victory against the mediocre hours that i placed myself for this show.

Take that Kevin Williamson! Yeah, I'm probably going to see where they go for next season. What's wrong with me?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:50 PM
I stopped watching after episode 4 or 5. It wasn't bad it just seemed to be spinning in it's wheels and going nowhere. I found out what happened in tonight's episode.

I'll probably catch up with the rest of the season, but I don't know if I will be back next season. I just fear that they'll continue to do the same thing of having most of the season be nothing but filler and then in the last handful of episodes finally go somewhere. That's my main beef with this show and consequently why I'm leery of giving next season another try.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:10 PM
Trust me ILM, if you fell out of this show then the continuing episodes will not change your opinion. It's the same wheel-spinning, eye-rolling script that is in every episode.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:59 AM
It's a flawed show for sure. It's silly, sometimes bordering on idiotic. And it definitely spins its wheels, which can be frustrating. That said, I do enjoy it. It's very much a guilty pleasure.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:44 AM
Finally finished the first season and this is one incredibly, relentlessly grim show. But it was also fairly compelling as well. It definitely got better.

I'm actually now looking forward to season 2.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:33 AM
Anybody else watch the premiere?

I did and I enjoyed it a lot. I thought it was good. Only thing I didn't like was

Spoiler:
they killed off Natalie Zea! Oh, and Carroll surviving that explosion was bullshit. That was just way too big of an explosion for him to survive. Plus, his entire body was on fire. This is the most absurd thing I've seen since Michael and Dr. Loomis surviving their explosion that occurred at the end of Halloween II and coming for Halloween IV.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:54 PM
Good first episode, a real step up on the farce it descended into last series. I have a feeling those twins might turn out to be even more interesting than Carroll himself.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:29 PM
I'm still watching it. This gif pretty much sums up this up....

Nothing has changed....at all. Hell,
Spoiler:
the new female cop looks exactly like the previous one that was buried alive

It's all so utterly lazy. Shit, the ending of this episode has happened 3-4 times in the first season! It's insulting!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:18 PM

What an awesome episode tonight!

So many deaths, Joe's "coming out" revealing to the world that he's alive and nobody is safe. And then that ending!

Spoiler:
Claire's alive! I literally squealed in delight when they showed her and yelled out, "she's alive!"

I LOVE Natalie Zea. So happy she's back on the show!
Old 03-19-2014, 02:17 PM
I really dig this show. I've been watching weekly since it's first season last year and I love the direction it is going in.

Last season, I was a little annoyed around the mid-point when it seemed like everybody wasn't who they seemed. But the finale took care of that. This last episode has me pumped! Joe's "holy army" should make for some crazy episodes.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Another solid episode last night! I love that I have no idea how this season is going to end.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:19 PM
Decent pay-off to a surprisingly entertaining but still very frustrating season. The whole 'dinner' scene was intense as hell. The issues I had:
Spoiler:
Joe surviving, no Carrie Cook, Ryan magically dismantling the explosives, the twins knowing where Claire would be with no explanation, and the actual ending wasn't much of a cliffhanger even if it is intriguing, wish we'd got a bigger shock to finish like last season

Definitely an improvement on the first series though and I'm really looking forward to where they go with season 3.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:43 PM
I thought it was a very solid finale despite having a somewhat weak "cliffhanger."

Spoiler:
I don't mind Joe not being killed since I think he's the best character on the show, maybe even moreso than Ryan. Though I also love Mike and Max and was relieved that they both survive the season. Also relieved that Claire made it out alive as well.

The one disappointment I will say is that only one of the twins died when I really wanted both of them to die. Great, now they'll probably drag that character back into the show next season when what they really should be doing is kind of starting fresh. New killer for Ryan and Mike to go after and they'll probably need Joe's help too because there's no way he's not coming back next season. But instead it seems like they may bring back the surviving twin next season, which is very disappointing to me.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Spoiler:
That's why I wanted Joe to die, so we could have a fresh start next season but I agree he's one of the more interesting characters in television at the moment. Also completely agree about Max and Mike, I was convinced at least one would die but I'm glad they made it. Maybe if the mystery driver the surviving twin ended with turns out to be someone interesting (I'm hoping Carrie or Ryan's sponsor from the AA) then the continuation of their storyline might be worth it