Old 01-31-2013, 01:49 AM
Warm Bodies

WARM BODIES

Directed by Jonathan Levine (50/50, The Wackness)

Written by Jonathan Levine; Based on the novel by Isaac Marion

Starring Nicholas Hoult, Teresa Palmer, Rob Corddry, Dave Franco and John Malkovich

Rated PG-13

Running Time of 97 Minutes

After R (a highly unusual zombie) saves Julie from an attack, the two form a relationship that sets in motion a sequence of events that might transform the entire lifeless world.

It would be easy enough to complain that this is PG-13 or a romantic zombie movie (Blegh! Twilight! We get it!) but I think it looks kind of lovely and adorable, and not at all sappy or melodramatic. The early reviews are pretty good and I've enjoyed Levine's past work. Count me in.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 AM
Looks clever, funny and even kind of original. Plus, I've adored Teresa Palmer since laying eyes on her in the movie Take Me Home Tonight from a few years ago.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:41 PM
I just watched the trailer it looks really good and it looks as though there is abit of a story to go with it and it also looks abit on the scary side
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 AM
I enjoyed this quite a bit. It's a charming and adorable mashup that has joy and optimism to spare and also works as a poignant bit of social satire. Holt and Palmer are terrific, and Rob Corddry is also quite good too. Levine has a great handle on tone and soundtrack.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Loved 50/50 so I definitely will be seeing this sooner or later
Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 AM
went on a date last night and we caught this and was pretty surprising.

It's nothing earth shattering but it's enjoyable. I like the storyline more then the acting and frankly I'm a bit annoyed with Hoult and his babyface.

The story just moved along, Rob Corddry had the funniest lines of the film and the dialogue was refreshing with dry humor.

Good for a 1st quarter release, good date movie, great music throughout the film.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Review: Warm Bodies - In a day and age when Twilight sets the genre back 10 years, Jonathan Levine delivers a charming, funny and surprising spin with Warm Bodies - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2BH
Old 02-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Sad as it might be, I find the concept amusing. I will see it when it comes to Red Box.