Old 03-02-2013, 07:29 PM
A qestion for all male members

When it comes down to housework do you help or do you let your girlfriend wife or house mate do the jobs around the house I know in my household men expect a woman to do everything to some existent So the question is do you help clean or do you sit and watch
Old 03-02-2013, 09:10 PM
i live alone...i do the housework
Old 03-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Well if you live alone you would have to do it l know myself that l like everything clean and if you have visitors you wouldn't like it messy One thing is that they say the younger generation will help if they are taught by there mums l am meaning boys so they grow up knowing how to clean up but it is the much oler men who thinks housework is a woman's job do you agree or disagree with this
Old 03-03-2013, 12:39 AM
it should be teamwork..
Old 03-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Of cause it should be teamwork for couples to do the house work some men will go to work a nd women the have to do this too plus cook dinner and clean but this is not the case in some homes where women do the whole hog
Old 03-03-2013, 09:36 AM
I make the bitches do all the work. Bitches love a man in charge.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:44 PM
I help out.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:54 PM
We both do it
Old 03-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Ah that is nice of you to say that

A woman dioes like to have guidence from a man and pretection but not to be treated like a slave and to be called a bitch is really low
How would you feel if as women we called you something

iFor any women to let a man name call her is silly it is a big let down
But l know there are men out there who mistreat women not only with there fist but name calling is a huge problem

Women do alot for men look how we look after you when you are sick or you are worryiing about somethnig we are there bringing comfort
Would you do the same if a woman is as sick as a dog
Old 03-03-2013, 11:27 PM
If a woman cleans up after me, it's mostly out of love (when we're dating); at least I'd hope so and not because they think I'm a pig that needs a woman's touch around the house.

I don't make them clean. Otherwise, I do my own cleaning, especially if it's my own things and things that I like to have a certain way.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Ah that is nice of you to say that

A woman dioes like to have guidence from a man and pretection but not to be treated like a slave and to be called a bitch is really low
How would you feel if as women we called you something

iFor any women to let a man name call her is silly it is a big let down
But l know there are men out there who mistreat women not only with there fist but name calling is a huge problem

Women do alot for men look how we look after you when you are sick or you are worryiing about somethnig we are there bringing comfort
Would you do the same if a woman is as sick as a dog
He was just joking BG.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:34 AM
I am only child, so my parents taught me everything so I could live on my own, without living in cowshed. I do ironing, washing, cleaning, etc.
It is nice to be on your own
Old 03-04-2013, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post
If a woman cleans up after me, it's mostly out of love (when we're dating); at least I'd hope so and not because they think I'm a pig that needs a woman's touch around the house.

I don't make them clean. Otherwise, I do my own cleaning, especially if it's my own things and things that I like to have a certain way.
I have to say l like things in a certain way and if it is put out of place l have to put it back in its original spot
Old 03-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
He was just joking BG.
I know he was Glinda but L just had to say something maybe l should have not said anything but thankyou for being concerned about me
Old 03-04-2013, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted_state View Post
I am only child, so my parents taught me everything so I could live on my own, without living in cowshed. I do ironing, washing, cleaning, etc.
It is nice to be on your own
I once seen my father hang out the washing and it was a classic sight to see He can cook abut and boil a egg but the rest he is hopeless at he is in his 70s and was not taught the basic things in his generation mum did it all that is why we need to teach boys as well as girls how to do things so they don't struggle when they are older
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
I once seen my father hang out the washing and it was a classic sight to see He can cook abut and boil a egg but the rest he is hopeless at he is in his 70s and was not taught the basic things in his generation mum did it all that is why we need to teach boys as well as girls how to do things so they don't struggle when they are older
The best thing to do is teach your child everything you can, so he could have easier life.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Well that is true if a child is taught from the beginniing by giving them chores and sometimes when they are learning you can give them pocket money it doesn't have to be much but it can influence them into learn plus they get a reward for it is amazing how fast they learn
Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Money can spoil a child, maybe showing him some perks of it behaviour would be better.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Money doesn't spoil a child if you give it wisely and for the right things also the money they make can be put into the bank so they learn the value of money

Last edited by Bondgirl; 03-04-2013 at 08:02 AM..
Old 03-04-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Thats whats up. jolanar knows whats going on
Old 03-05-2013, 03:02 PM
I do most of the cooking. She does most of the washing and cleaning. But it's generally just because I'm cooking when she puts baby to bed and she does the washing and cleaning whilst I'm at work.

although with baby being quite demanding washing and cleaning can often get forgotten about for a few days (/weeks!)
Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Welll l have to agree a new born baby can be demanding and of cause house work becomes second in chore at least you try and help out because during this time a new mum can be tired At least there are two of you l know when l had my daughter l had to cope alone and it is hard when you don't have a second person to rely on So yes l can understand how hard it is
Old 03-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Yea, it's hard enough with two people, I can't imagine how challenging it would be for a single parent.

I've always been the one who cooks most, mainly because I always think I can do better! However I know I'm crap at cleaning and she can be quite pedantic about little things....
Old 03-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [SD] Bob Plisskin View Post
Yea, it's hard enough with two people, I can't imagine how challenging it would be for a single parent.

I've always been the one who cooks most, mainly because I always think I can do better! However I know I'm crap at cleaning and she can be quite pedantic about little things....
Well it sounds like you have a good system worked out between the two of you. That's all that matters. I would have loved it if I had the cooking done for me! I'd rather clean than cook.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [SD] Bob Plisskin View Post

Well cooking is a huge thing and not many men would do this and at least your wife can sit down while you do that task

Yes it is hard being a single paerent l remember feeding a bottle of milk to my baby and falling asleep and my brothers got hold of the baby and helped me out whil they were visiting
I think that cleaning the house or making it reasonablely clean is okay until the first monthes are over

I think you should be proud of yourself as a husband for trying to help because you too would be tied after a days work
Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
Well it sounds like you have a good system worked out between the two of you. That's all that matters. I would have loved it if I had the cooking done for me! I'd rather clean than cook.
yes cooking can be a pain after having a baby even cleaning the house can be tiring

i was up every 2hrs feeding my baby and all l wanted was sleep plus stress got at me too at this time and l felt like crying all the time and well that is the form of post natal depression

i was visiting the doctor once and she dianosed it
If you go through that too it is very hard and to be on your own even harder

I think you need to be supported in this time when you are going through and have breaks where you can be by yourself but when you are a single paerent you need that time