Old 03-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Resident Evil 6 (1/17/2017)

Are you ready for another Resident Evil film? If you saw Resident Evil: Retribution - the fifth chapter in the series, which grossed $221 million worldwide - you know they've left the door open to at least one more chapter in the series.

When we spoke to director Paul W.S. Anderson prior to the start of Resident Evil: Afterlife (part four) he told us he had mapped out a story for a new trilogy which would carry the franchise into a sixth film, so you know he's ready. While we don't have a title for that sixth film, there is a confirmed release date...

ShockTillYouDrop.com has learned Sony/Screen Gems has set a debut date for September 12, 2014 which means Anderson and star Milla Jovovich will likely begin shooting the new film this fall.

Story-wise, no details have been released, but when we last saw Jovovich's Alice, she was at the White House and facing a rather large threat with Wesker by her side.

Last edited by Ruly2; 09-01-2015 at 03:05 PM..
Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 AM
If they are going to make another Residental Evil l hope they have a good script One thing l hate is a continous sequel after sequel and in the end you get sick of it so if this one is going to come out in 2014 it better be good
Old 03-10-2013, 11:23 AM
If there's one series in desperate need of a reboot, it's this garbage.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
If there's one series in desperate need of a reboot, it's this garbage.
I agree, if they HAD to do a reboot. Otherwise let it die.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:16 PM
I remember when I was pumped outta my mind for the original back in high school
Old 03-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Sometimes l wish they would stop by the 3rd moviecl feel these days they over do moves and in the end it repeats its self it just becomes boring
Old 03-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Paul W.S. Anderson is Definitely Directing 'Resident Evil 6'

Paul W.S. Anderson Is Set to Direct Resident Evil 6...

News regarding Resident Evil 6's planned September 2014 release broke recently, but details were scarce on whom the director would be.

Now, it has been confirmed that Paul W.S. Anderson will be back to direct Resident Evil 6, the sixth installment of the franchise. Anderson directed Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Afterlife, and Resident Evil: Retribution, which only grossed $42.3 million on a $65 million budget (somehow, that warrants a sequel?) Milla Jovovich will also be reprising her role.

Anderson will begin shooting the film, which is still tentatively titled Resident Evil 6, in the fall. Although Resident Evil 6, the video game, was recently released, Anderson will follow the events after Resident Evil: Retribution.

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-13-2013 at 07:36 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 PM
RE6 alleged opening....

Found this on a Re facebook fan site-

I just got info on what alleged mind would happen at the White House along with our heroes for the 6th movie.

"We see our heroes fighting against biological weapons (Kipepeos, Zombies, Lickers, etc) that have made a caus worldwide. The Alice team come into action, we see our heroine Alice using her telequinosis, deadly kicks and shots to defeat them and open the way to take the helicopter to go to Raccoon City (hive), to end the Red Queen (LES came a big surprise know who the active). Also we see Jill, Ada, Wesker and Leon in action as we have never seen them, they take the helicopter, but not so easy will escape the kipepeos surround them and try to attack them."

The pages's cover image says " Resident Evil; Termination". One facebook user commented:
"it's Not Resident Evil: Termination It's Resident Evil: Salvation."

So, could 'Resident Evil: Salvation' be it's working title?

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-03-2013 at 07:02 PM..
Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Filming locations for Resident Evil 6 (2014)

• Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
• Magnetic Island, Queensland, Australia
• Warner Roadshow Studios, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 AM
RESIDENT EVIL 6 APPARENTLY BEGAN FILMING ON APRIL 15 THIS YEAR (Milla tweeded this on her twitter page on March 22 But then it was deleted).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	482856_445354532217794_950478412_n.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	11888  

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-11-2013 at 10:17 AM..
Old 04-21-2013, 03:43 PM
LOL the running time

It says this on IMDB:

Resident Evil 6 (2014)
140 min - Action | Horror | Sci-Fi - 12 September 2014 (USA)

This has to be wrong... I think they men to say 1hr 40min.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 PM
There's gonna be a 6th one? Fuck me, lol!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Jovovich Seems to Think Resident Evil 6 Will Arrive in 2015

Earlier this year, Sony/Screen Gems staked out a date for the sixth installment in the Resident Evil franchise. The plan was to get it in theaters by September 12, 2014. When we caught wind of this news, we had it confirmed. But there was just one problem: Director Paul W.S. Anderson is embarking on a film called Pompeii this year which is due to open February 12, 2014.

If Anderson was in fact going to have a sixth Resident Evil film ready for September 2014, he'd have to begin shooting by the end of this year (this is going based on the shooting schedules of the previous films). He may be a bit too busy on Pompeii to make that happen. His wife, and Resident Evil series star, Milla Jovovich, recently took to Twitter to back some of this up.

When asked by one of your followers when we could expect a new film, Jovovich replied:
@REuniceJovovich 2015 i would imagine. — Milla Jovovich (@MillaJovovich)*
Seeing as Jovovich is right there with Anderson during the creative process of these films, she would know best when it comes to when we'll actually see the next sequel made. Unless, of course, Anderson gets ambitious, shoots something and blasts through post-production to make Sony's proposed date.

Last edited by Ruly2; 06-19-2013 at 03:10 PM..
Old 06-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Update: RE6 shooting begins This fall

In a recent interview with director Paul W.S. Anderson, The Star reveals he'll begin directing
Resident Evil 6 (stay tuned for an official title soon) this fall, which means he'll be moving out
of Pompeii and right into Alice's zombie-filled world right away. It also means the film will hold
to its 2014 release date.
Superhero Hype.com

Though the Director has not officially announced the tiltle of the 6th Resident Evil film..
IMDB now displays their RE6 page with the title of 'RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERBIRTH'

What do u think about this title/ do u think its a keeper? or is it one that could be taken over by a deadly virus?

Last edited by Ruly2; 06-26-2013 at 10:58 PM..
Old 07-01-2013, 08:06 AM
found this on a facebook fan page

Resident Evil 6 en cines el 12 de septiembre del 2014
empezamos filmaciones este año.. También verán un anuncio , avance en Comic -Con este Julio

Resident Evil 6 in theaters on September 12, 2014
Begin filming this year..will also see one advance..ad in Comic-Con This July

Old 07-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Why keep making this garbage? the last one was the worst movie of the year.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:46 AM
If there was 1 video game that bad potential to be a bad a$$ movie then it was Resident Evil!! BUT what we got was this pile of crap.

While people continue to go see these terrible films then they will continue to churn out the same crap time and time again.

Its never going to get a good script or a good director, the reason, well .......why change what makes money.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Don't Expect Resident Evil 6 to Arrive Any Time This Year

While at the Pompeii junket today, we asked director Paul W.S. Anderson about the
status of Resident Evil 6.

It doesn't sound like the sequel is going to be hitting the September 12, 2014 release
date that was initially planned. Anderson informed us that his wife, and "Resident Evil"
franchise star Milla Jovovich, is currently shooting another film and that he was going to
be taking a vacation to spend time with their children.

A sixth Resident Evil film is in the works, however. You just have to manage expectations
in terms of when you're going to see it happen.

I'm speculating, but I'm going to guess that he'll spend his down time working on the
script, which isn't complete, and perhaps work toward a late-2015 release.

The sixth film does not have a title, so don't believe what you read online.

- comingsoon.net
Old 02-05-2014, 07:24 AM
I blame every fool who went to the show and bought the DVDs that allows this stinkfest to thrive....hope ur proud of ur achievments
Old 02-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Why does this shit still get made should of stopped after the 3rd movie.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Paul W.S. Anderson on Resident Evil 6: Confirms Returning Cast Members & rumored name

Last summer, Sony’s Screen Gems penciled in a release date for Resident Evil 6 on
September 12, 2014, and since then, nothing. Director Paul W.S. Anderson was said to be
on board for the project, along with Mila Jovovich set to return, but there's been no
movement or official announcements since that time, until now.

Speaking at Beijing International Film Festival (via CNTV), Anderson mentioned he would be
returning home to work on "Rising Resident Evil," a potential mix-up in translation that we're
going to assume is actually "Resident Evil Rising," before also confirming that cast member Li
Bingbing, who plays Ada Wong, will return for the sixth film and that it will "definitely be 3D."

At this point, the September release date is definitely not happening, which aligns with what
Jovovich wrote on Twitter last year where she speculated it would debut in 2015. The fifth
installment in the series, Resident Evil: Retribution, opened in 2012 and grossed $240 million

Speaking of "Resident Evil" sequels, Japanese newspaper Sankei Shimbun​ reports that
Capcom will officially reveal Resident Evil 7 at this year's E3

- comingsoon.net

*Used a font program to make temp logo.

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-21-2014 at 05:54 PM..
Old 06-17-2014, 03:39 AM
RESIDENT EVIL 6 has a tentative title

Paul WS Anderson is Anderson is in the middle of writing a first draft. There's no shooting start
date (yet) and no release date (yet). It is also planed to be the last film in the series
Old 08-18-2014, 06:01 PM

Those of you looking forward to the final film in the RESIDENT EVIL franchise are going to have
to wait a little while longer as series badass, Milla Jovovich, took to Facebook to
announce that RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER has been delayed due to her being
pregnant and all.
Yep, that’ll do it. “I imagine the only thing I’ll be killing in the near future is an endless
supply of cupcakes,”
writes Jovovich. Those poor cupcakes don't stand a chance, man!

Don’t worry, though, she says that they’ll be right back to work on the film next summer.

Excerpt from Milla's Facebook posting:

"Happy Monday everyone!
This was originally going to be a post to tell you how excited I am about flying to Cape
Town, South Africa to begin working on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
But… My husband Paul and I just discovered that we are expecting another baby!!!
So after a lot of discussion, we thought it would be in everyone’s best interest to wait till
the baby is born before we set out to try and tackle an RE movie."

AITH / Milla Jovovich's FACEBOOK

Last edited by Ruly2; 08-18-2014 at 06:05 PM..
Old 09-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Twitter user Flora Moody posted this image on Aug18th that suggest a new name..

No official word on if this is the actual title or not...
Old 01-21-2015, 02:29 PM
RE6 shoots this summer..

After a pregnancy got in the way of filming on RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER last year,
Milla Jovovich is almost ready to deliver her second child and then jump back into the ring.

From Milla's Facebook posting:
"I'm really proud of myself for not gaining the same amount of weight that I did with our first
child (75 lbs.) because I have to be ready to start filming "Resident Evil- The Final Chapter"
in August of this year
and I will also be nursing an infant simultaneously (get ready
wardrobe department for Alice's new "easy mama access" costume) so I don't want to be on
any extreme diets to get ready to go back to "action hero" mode! "
Sources: AITH & Facebook
Old 07-16-2015, 07:52 AM
pre-production has BEGUN

" Well, the moment so many of you have been waiting for is finally here where I can tell you
that it's zombie killing season for the Jovovich-Anderson clan! Here I am getting my face cast
made for "resident evil: the final chapter"!! I leave to South Africa tomorrow to start prepping
for the movie! "- milla jovovich 's Instagram page
Old 08-03-2015, 07:24 PM
‘Resident Evil’ Sets Ali Larter To Reprise Opposite Milla Jovovich

Ali Larter is set to reprise as Claire Redfield in the final chapter of the Screen Gems post
apocalyptic franchise Resident Evil, with Paul W.S. Anderson back to direct a script he wrote.
Constantin Film’s Robert Kulzer, Impact Pictures’ Jeremy Bolt, Davis-Films’ Samuel Hadida, and
Anderson are producing and Martin Moszkowicz serving as executive producer.

The film starts shooting this September in South Africa.

The story picks up after the events of Resident Evil: Retribution, as the Project Alice is forced
to race against time before the villainous Red Queen attempts to destroy the final
remnants of humanity

The series has been one of the most successful game to movie adaptations, grossing over $915 million
worldwide. It’s Larter’s third Resident Evil film. She was also in two Final Destinations and most recently
was seen in TNT’s Legends. WME, Water Street Anthem Entertainment and attorney Steve
Warren rep her.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Official release date set..[hint: ITS NOT SEPTEMBER!!]

First off, The other films in the series have had a theatrical September release dates
[that were are near or a day before my Birthday [see *] ] with the exception of the first film.
Here is as list:

RESIDENT EVIL [March 15, 2002 theatrical]
RESIDENT EVIL: APOCLAYPSE [Septrember 10,2004 theatrical *]
RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION [September 21, 2007 theatrical]
RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE 3D [September 10, 2010 theatrical*]
RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION 3D [September 14, 2012 theatrical]

This being said....:

Paul W.S. Anderson's 'RESIDENT EVIL 6' will come out January 27, 2017

[update 9/1/2015] The Newer date is 1/17/17

Last edited by Ruly2; 09-01-2015 at 03:06 PM..
Old 09-01-2015, 03:05 PM
slight date change and new image from Milla

The image that comes from Milla's Insagram page depicts
Milla and hubby Paul W.S. Anderson are making sure Alice's
visage is camera-ready when production officially kicks off next week.

Image can be found here

RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER opens January 17, 2017.

sources: Joblo's AITH/ Milla's insagram
Old 09-19-2015, 08:53 AM
New Plot detail & cast Members

The Plot:
Picking up immediately after the events in RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION, humanity is on its
last legs after Alice is betrayed by Wesker in Washington D.C. As the only survivor of what
was meant to be humanity’s final stand against the undead hordes, Alice must return to where
the nightmare began – Raccoon City, where the Umbrella Corporation is gathering its forces for
a final strike against the only remaining survivors of the apocalypse.

In a race against time Alice will join forces with old friends, and an unlikely ally, in an action
packed battle with undead hordes and new mutant monsters. Between losing her superhuman
abilities and Umbrella’s impending attack, this will be Alice’s most difficult adventure as she
fights to save humanity, which is on the brink of oblivion.

New Cast Members:
Ruby Rose as Abigail
Eoin Macken as Doc
William Levy as Christian
Fraser James as Michael
Rola (Japanese model and TV personality) as Cobalt

source: Arrow in the Head

Last edited by Ruly2; 09-19-2015 at 09:01 AM..
Old 09-20-2015, 06:52 PM
No Sienna Guillory/Jill Valentine = any interest in this movie I might have had is completely gone.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:53 PM
Korea’s Lee Joon-gi to Star in ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’

In-demand Korean singer-actor, Lee Joon-gi has joined the cast of “Resident Evil: The Final
Chapter,” the sixth instalment and franchise finale of the “Resident Evil” series. He plays the
Umbrella Corporation’s Commander Lee.

“Resident Evil” star Milla Jovovich posted an Instagram selfie with Lee (aka Lee Jun-ki) on
Friday, revealing they were filming together. Sony Pictures’ Screen Gems confirmed Lee’s
casting on Monday.

“Resident Evil 6”, produced by Jeremy Bolt, and written and directed by Paul W.S.
Anderson, is currently shooting on location in Cape Town and Johannesburg in South Africa.
The franchise is based on the Capcom’s popular survival horror video game series of the
same title.

Picking up immediately after the events in “Resident Evil: Retribution,” “Final Chapter” finds
humanity is on its last legs and Alice (Jovovich) must return to Raccoon City, where the
Umbrella Corporation is preparing for a final strike against the survivors of the apocalypse.

- variety.com