Old 03-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Man Of Steel Trailer 3 spoiler

Hi Since your site broke some news regarding MOS and its spinnoff media coverage i think i should introduce myself

I am Scott (for my job purpose) my second name will remain silent i currently work with the company producing the MOS along with various other trailers and i would like to offer a description of Trailer 3 which Warner bros are planning to attach to their upcoming movie "42" and it will be widely available online and within theatres afterwards.

From my notes that i wrote down here are some details before i get into a description take this as a grain of salt if you wish but i can tell you it is legit.

Trailer 3 release - April
Length - 1 minute :52 seconds

This trailer is more focused on action compared to previous roles which has shown Henry cavill's journey to superman. The emphasis they wanted on this trailer was to show not the journey to superman but the journey of him so basically we were gave tidbits from around 12 scenes to work with to make it as action packed as possible (I guess to stir interest) So without any more waiting here is a description and as ive said it is spoiler towing so if you don't want to see it without a video to match it please don't read any futher

The first 30 seconds of the trailer are in the fortress of sollitude with henry cavill talking to russell crowe as jor el (wont go into detail here should be a huge qoute) but the consensus is that clark kent has just realised he is an alien and knows his powers but does not know why he was sent to earth jor-el explains to him to which henry cavill determines he is ready to be what earth needs and then a superman S emblem crystal slowly rises up along with his suit(Cgi cape the trailer will show why) and he grabs both and then slowly walks out of the fortress

The remaning minute and 20ish seconds shows various action sequences some repeated from trailer 2 however in more depth you see around 5 more seconds of zod and superman flying down the skyscraper but you now see the huge aftermath of it along with superman saving a mum and toddler from a radio attenna which zod has throw at them.

Secondly you will remember the boat clark kent is seen fishing on well there was more too that after he reels in his catch a tidal wave is seen coming which knocks all but clark on the boat out but starts to overturn the boat to which clark (not as superman) flys over and re calibrates the boat before dissapearing into the distance (im guessing this is what links to the fortress of solitude scene in the movie

and finally you all remembering seeing a cave in the movie with what was a huge CGI explosion well you now see this from a different angle with both baby clark jorel and clarks mother in the background and the explosion is slowed down a bit before clark is sent to earth

i know it's not a lot and is rushed but hey i can loose my job over this if you wanna take it as fake or a grain of salt then do so but its here for those who want it

Ohh and one more thing a tank vs superman just don't blink throughout the trailer

Scott
Old 03-06-2013, 03:35 PM
To Clarify some things I have seen flying around since this seems to have made it's round on facebook.

1. There is a reason this is a short trailer as said we only had tidbits of 12 scenes to work with and we have a client shortlist on what they require to be in the trailer and with what is available the trailer's producer (yes trailers have producers) had asked us to do the best we can which we have and the WB's execs seem to be happy with although personally there was not a lot

2. As some have said yes im not a comic book fan and have only ever watched superman 1 and 2 so my knowledge of superman is not as bright as some however I still don't see the relevance here this is my job and im good at what i do and have been for the past 5 years

3. Yes a tease of the new score (Superman theme) is heard in the background however we do have the full score available to us we only choose to use a small bit within the trailer

4. Although we don't show the cuffs from what my boss has told me there is a reason shown in the movie why superman doesn't react (boss has allready seen the film)

5. My Grammar seriously i can lose my job for this and you are worrying about my grammar ?

Lastly

I can confirm it will be attached to a film in europe/UK however we do not know what it will be and which theatres will have the license to show it as it is WB's european marketing who deal with this

and if theres any other questions just pop them in here somehow and ill return in a few days
Old 03-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Man of Steel trailer #3

when is this trailer released and can you tell me about the trailer, thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Krypton View Post
To Clarify some things I have seen flying around since this seems to have made it's round on facebook.

1. There is a reason this is a short trailer as said we only had tidbits of 12 scenes to work with and we have a client shortlist on what they require to be in the trailer and with what is available the trailer's producer (yes trailers have producers) had asked us to do the best we can which we have and the WB's execs seem to be happy with although personally there was not a lot

2. As some have said yes im not a comic book fan and have only ever watched superman 1 and 2 so my knowledge of superman is not as bright as some however I still don't see the relevance here this is my job and im good at what i do and have been for the past 5 years

3. Yes a tease of the new score (Superman theme) is heard in the background however we do have the full score available to us we only choose to use a small bit within the trailer

4. Although we don't show the cuffs from what my boss has told me there is a reason shown in the movie why superman doesn't react (boss has allready seen the film)

5. My Grammar seriously i can lose my job for this and you are worrying about my grammar ?

Lastly

I can confirm it will be attached to a film in europe/UK however we do not know what it will be and which theatres will have the license to show it as it is WB's european marketing who deal with this

and if theres any other questions just pop them in here somehow and ill return in a few days
when is this trailer released and can you tell me about the trailer, thanks and can u gve more detailed description of the footage if you are able to???
Old 03-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Hope you get fired.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:23 PM
I have a few questions:

1. If you already gave us some info about the 3rd trailer, can you please give us a short description of the MOS score?: "It's similar to..... combined with...." (something like that)

2. In the scene you describe of Clark flying off the boat... Why isn't the boat destroyed? We already saw in 2nd trailer that when Superman takes off, he destroys the ground completely.

3. What happens in that "Tank vs Superman" scene?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=andresgvasquez;3661050]I have a few questions:

1. If you already gave us some info about the 3rd trailer, can you please give us a short description of the MOS score?: "It's similar to..... combined with...." (something like that)

The Score i simply don't want to ruin you will remember it though it does have the same power and emphasis that the original superman score did however i will not say anymore here as i really think the score suits the tone of this movie and has as much grandure that the original had

2. In the scene you describe of Clark flying off the boat... Why isn't the boat destroyed? We already saw in 2nd trailer that when Superman takes off, he destroys the ground completely.

Tbh i don't know this is all down to WB my personal opinion would no doubt be that he has either jumped with a bit of flight or something to me when we were in the studio working on it the scene seems like flight but can be a simple jump i have yet to be invited to any advanced screenings so cannot confirm nor deny what it exactly is

3. What happens in that "Tank vs Superman" scene?

Well as i said theres a reason not to blink lets leave it there
Old 03-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Lol, why do I get the feeling that 'Son of Krypton' is asking himself questions and then answering himself? Probably because that is what's happening, Bob Loblaw.

Why hasn't this thread been locked yet?
Old 03-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Hi Son_of_Krypton, for what it's worth, I believe you! I just have a few general questions, if you don't mind answering or rather elaborating on them.

I have to admit I am kind of surprised about your description, because most final theatrical trailers are 1. longer than 1st theatrical trailers and 2. heavier on plot and dialogue. And your descriptions sounds like it's the opposite. Did WB want to make it like this or what?

Also, is there no dialogue in the trailer from Michael Shannon's Zod?? That is also weird, considering villains are usually hyped and promoted for such films.

Lastly, the scenes you describe don't sound very exciting. What I mean by that, it doesn't sound like anything that would blow anyone away and even you said it wasn't much to work with. This is also surprising to me because I would think the studio would want to heavily promote something they put 225 millions in with more exciting scenes than cranes being thrown (happened in Superman 2). Or are the other action scenes, which I think you don't want to spoil (and that's nice!) more exciting? Do you think this trailer could bring in the Avengers and Transformers crowd?

I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate on some of this. Like I said I believe you, Im just surprised WB would take such an approach for this trailer. I was expecting something mind blowing this sounds rather subdued. But maybe the film itself isn't quite as mind blowing as everyone would like to think, hmmm

Cheers!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Come on, now this is getting ridiculous

"jorelprime" <- Seriously? That's the best the man calling himself "Son of Krypton" could do?
Old 03-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
Come on, now this is getting ridiculous

"jorelprime" <- Seriously? That's the best the man calling himself "Son of Krypton" could do?
You are right! It IS getting ridiculous, but the only thing that is, is you and these posts of yours. Because Im not him. And quite frankly, I don't care what you believe. I've heard from people more credible than you that his trailer description is the real McCoy. Oh, and I think the world would be a better place without such cynical people such as yourself attacking others for no good reason. You don't like what you see in this topic, you can move on. But also know this, there were genuine trailer descriptions for the previous MOS trailer and IM3, TDKR and so on trailers. Not everything is false. And that's all I got to say to you or the likes of you! Have a good day!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Ha, not only is this thread populated with posts from users who never posted on this site before, but these "users" don't contribute to any other conversation on these forums. You all signed up the moment 'Son of Krypton' posted, and you'll never post again outside of this thread. All signs point to trolling.

Plus, there is already a place to post rumors and shit, and it is in the official Man of Steel thread.

Here we have some guy posting, then bumping his own posts with phantom troll accounts.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:32 PM
i can confirm i am not any of these so called phantom accounts and welcome any staff member on here to confirm this with my ip address you forget bob that this thread has over 7000 views and is advertised on the internet on various websites which can mean new members joining

as i said i welcome an staff member too prove my point
Old 03-07-2013, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=jorelprime;3661283]Hi Son_of_Krypton, for what it's worth, I believe you! I just have a few general questions, if you don't mind answering or rather elaborating on them.

I have to admit I am kind of surprised about your description, because most final theatrical trailers are 1. longer than 1st theatrical trailers and 2. heavier on plot and dialogue. And your descriptions sounds like it's the opposite. Did WB want to make it like this or what?

1. We had time constraints placed on us by the client(WB) and their marketing team which consisted of timing,scenes and scores allowed and various other information i can't get into this was the main reason of a short trailer because of the actual canvas available to us there was not a lot and in my 5 years with this company has been one of the hardest trailers to complete

2. There is plot and dailogue within the trailer but for me to spoil that may ruin the trailer and infact your view of the movie if it is not too everyones taste hence i would rather let the final cut trailer do the talking

Also, is there no dialogue in the trailer from Michael Shannon's Zod?? That is also weird, considering villains are usually hyped and promoted for such films.

Zod is shown predominently in this trailer however there is no dialogue because to the scenes available to us we were not gave an containing zod dialogue (my manager did state there was a reason for this but i have yet to told said reason)

Lastly, the scenes you describe don't sound very exciting. What I mean by that, it doesn't sound like anything that would blow anyone away and even you said it wasn't much to work with. This is also surprising to me because I would think the studio would want to heavily promote something they put 225 millions in with more exciting scenes than cranes being thrown (happened in Superman 2). Or are the other action scenes, which I think you don't want to spoil (and that's nice!) more exciting? Do you think this trailer could bring in the Avengers and Transformers crowd?

Trust me my description does not sound enticing but the trailer itself is worth its weight in gold we could have done more if more material had been provided but i think for what was available we have done and succedded with the best trailer we possibly can

as for the marvel universe i think most superhero movie fans bar the fanboys dont follow either company they follow the superhero genre so i think this trailer and movie will attract them to the DC side of things

I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate on some of this. Like I said I believe you, Im just surprised WB would take such an approach for this trailer. I was expecting something mind blowing this sounds rather subdued. But maybe the film itself isn't quite as mind blowing as everyone would like to think, hmmm

Rumours around the office currently are that we have one more trailer to work on for this film but im yet to get clarification on this
Old 03-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Krypton View Post
i can confirm i am not any of these so called phantom accounts and welcome any staff member on here to confirm this with my ip address you forget bob that this thread has over 7000 views and is advertised on the internet on various websites which can mean new members joining

as i said i welcome an staff member too prove my point
And the thread where you are SUPPOSED to be posting all of this has over 80,000 views, and rarely do we see so many "new" members posting on only that thread.

Here let me help you, since you can't read (or apparently spell) too well, http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140642

Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 03-09-2013 at 01:48 PM..