Old 03-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Would you put your brain in a robot body?

Scientists will eventually find a way to transplant a human brain into a robot body. So, would you do it?

Pros:

You'll never get sick and you'll never die
You'll have the strength of five gorillas
You'll be handsome, good looking (a man could put his brain in the body of a beautiful woman, or a tiger-bot)
X-Ray vision or cloaking device (you have to chose)
Chainsaw hands
Titanium teeth

Cons:

Because you are so strong, if you try to pet a kitten, you will crush it
You would only be five feet tall (that's as big as they come)
Humans discriminate against you - you can't even vote
Chainsaw hands
Unclear if robots can have sex
Penalty for harming a human is 1000 years frozen in carbonite

Discuss
Old 03-13-2013, 04:34 PM

I'm not into petting kittens, am barely over 5 feet anyway, which doesn't attract many girls so I don't have sex. Might as well have x-ray vision and chainsaw hands I guess.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't like the hopeless struggle to regain my humanity...the little things would definitely get to me: basic human contact, complete free will, feeling and emotion. I would definitely miss those...
Old 03-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Absolutely, without hesitation. Long enough time goes by technology would find a way to put your brain in a human body. If you don't like your memories technology will also find a way to erase some/most of your bad memories ala ESOTSM and brain cell growth/brain repair. I would be willing to suffer a few centuries of suffering to wait for that technology to come around if it even takes that long.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Well I am not sure whether l would but if it did happen l would want abut of emotion and feelings put into the body plus you could find ways to control that body in this day and age and into the future you would If that robot body couldn't have sex life would be boring but with a human brain there would be feelings and wants so some how you would have someway of improving and investigating furthering different needs of the rest of the body If a man wanted to be in a female body you guys wouldn't be able to cope
Old 03-13-2013, 05:53 PM
No, I wouldn't do it.
BUT-

If my own body could be cloned and genetically replicated tabula rasa with all of the genetic imperfections removed(including aging and that I could pick my own permanent age), I would have my brain infused into it.

Last edited by Mr. Guiltless; 03-13-2013 at 06:00 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Yes Mr Guiltless l would prefer that too

These days they do freeze dead bodies and these poeple hope with time that there bodys will be renewed and hopefully changed for the better

it would be great not to age and hopefully one day they might do this

But then the proplbem with doing this si that we end up over populating the world and could we cope with that
Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 PM

I would be perfectly fine getting a vasectomy Bondgirl or just having my clone be sterile, in that case.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Oh, without question. Being a robot would be fucking badass. Maybe not now, but give it some time.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guiltless View Post
I would be perfectly fine getting a vasectomy Bondgirl or just having my clone be sterile, in that case.
What about if your clone met somebody and the woman in question did want kids would you still have the operation
Old 03-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Also if a woman was half robot at least she would be able to walk around at night and not be in fear of rape she would have a chance to fight back just as hard as a man would. she would bre able to kick a bloke right in the cast iron balls AH Changes her mind and becomes a robo cop grins

Last edited by Bondgirl; 03-13-2013 at 09:19 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
What about if your clone met somebody and the woman in question did want kids would you still have the operation
Yes, it would be worth the price I paid and hopefully the woman I meet would respect that and we could just have cats instead.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Well that is true if you did it before hand well she would have to except the kittens well cats are cute and cuddley when they are not biting you or giving you a good scratch for all the love you are giving them
Old 03-13-2013, 10:35 PM

Kids can bite and scratch and hit you too.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:58 AM
That is very true Mr Guiltness

Last edited by Bondgirl; 03-14-2013 at 06:01 AM..
Old 03-15-2013, 04:25 PM
You listed never die as a pro. That can be a con as well. As shitty as the world is right now you really want to see it all the way through. I would like to stay human.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Dubbs View Post
You listed never die as a pro. That can be a con as well. As shitty as the world is right now you really want to see it all the way through. I would like to stay human.
I think you could see not dying as a con but I differ. Just imagine some of the amazing possibilities of technology in the future. Sure you might spend a long time stuck in a robot body but nothing would stop science from developing a way to put a human brain inside of a human body. I'm sure if they tried hard enough they could do it today. And if you wanted to get rid of any bad past memories I'm sure they'll eventually find a way ala Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. In my view there are really no drawbacks to not dying.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
I think you could see not dying as a con but I differ. Just imagine some of the amazing possibilities of technology in the future. Sure you might spend a long time stuck in a robot body but nothing would stop science from developing a way to put a human brain inside of a human body. I'm sure if they tried hard enough they could do it today. And if you wanted to get rid of any bad past memories I'm sure they'll eventually find a way ala Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. In my view there are really no drawbacks to not dying.
Wholeheartedly agree. In fact, I say it should really be mankind's highest goal.

Imagine how fast religion would disappear too.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:41 PM
I sort of feel the same way

In this world we have computers and other things takening a way the personal experiece of seeing a human
But if we were part andriod waht would it be like would these buggers turn on us

it remeinds me of a movie l seen where some of the population were robots but scientists did someting where they went all quite crazy and well l wonder if it could end up like that

geez l wish l could remember the name of the movie on which this did happen
Old 03-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Important question: Would I be the only "human brain in a robot body" in existence? Or would I just be joining a growing fad?

Cause if I was a unique one of kind cyborg, then I would become a superhero. My enemies would tremble in fear of me. The world would be under my total control! They couldn't stop me! Joblo.com would be changed to Loblaw.com and shmoes would be called servants!

Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 03-15-2013 at 09:59 PM..