Old 03-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Veronica Mars

As I'm sure many of you have heard, movie history occurred yesterday. Rob Thomas and Kristen Bell, with permission from Warner Brothers, started a Kickstarter with a 2 million dollar goal to raise money to make a film of the cult classic tv show Veronica Mars. They met their goal within 12 hours and the money continues to rise. With 29 days left I expect them to raise at least $5 million dollars.

To me this is an exciting and potentially game changing act for the way films are produced. I realize some have issues regarding this, and there are legitimate points on both sides. I point to this article http://tvline.com/2013/03/14/veronic...e-kickstarter/ that I almost 100% agree with in regards to how I am perceiving this.

Anyways... we have been told to expect the film in early 2014 (it will shoot this summer) and I, for one, as a Veronica Mars fan, am quite excited. Kristen Bell is incredible in the role.

Any hopes/thoughts/expectations?

Old 03-15-2013, 09:44 AM
I've only seen 1 or 2 episodes of the show, but I just think it's very cool that they are able to use kickstarter to fund the movie. And it's incredible that they were able to reach their goal in just twelve hours! Amazing!

I definitely intend to pledge some money before the 28 days have passed.