Old 03-15-2013, 07:58 AM
White Privilege

What are your thoughts on this bullshit?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/wisc...hite-privilege

Wisconsin’s VISTA Program Encourages Volunteers to Overcome White 'Privilege’

(CNSNews.com) - The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) wants its white VISTA volunteers who work with low-income, racially diverse public schools to examine the “privilege” their Caucasian race confers on them.

DPI devotes an entire Web page to “Power and Privilege,” including links to racial justice workshops and online tests where VISTA volunteers can “learn about your personal bias.

Personally I think its a load of crap. And I am getting more sick & tired of the amount of political correctness that is running rampant in this country. Yes I am white and I did come from a decent family BUT I have worked my ass off to get where I'm at today. No free handouts here. These ultra PC assholes think every white person has weekend getaways in the Hamptons, owns a yacht and wears a Rolex. Well dipshits, I got news for you, there are TONS of white people struggling to get by and that live below the poverty line. So please take your White Guilt bracelet and SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:59 AM

lol

Old 03-15-2013, 08:34 AM
I think with this example they've gone about it the wrong way. What they should've really focused on is economic privilege, which in the end the project just becomes volunteerism and the racial component is completely taken out, which in this context I think it should.

However while being poor and white is a disadvantage compared to middle class and white, poor and white still does beat being poor and black. Remember what Chris Rock said:

"Shit, there ain't a white man in this room that would change places with me.
None of you! And l'm rich!

That's how good it is to be white. There's a white, one-legged busboy in here right now that won't change places with my black ass.
He's going, ''No, man, l wanna ride this white thing out. See where it takes me.''
Old 03-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
However while being poor and white is a disadvantage compared to middle class and white, poor and white still does beat being poor and black. '
Thats not a fact. Thats just your opinion
Old 03-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
"Shit, there ain't a white man in this room that would change places with me.
None of you! And l'm rich!

That's how good it is to be white. There's a white, one-legged busboy in here right now that won't change places with my black ass.
He's going, ''No, man, l wanna ride this white thing out. See where it takes me.''
I get the point he is trying to make, but this is simply not true. I would gladly trade places to be an extremely rich well known and respected celebrity.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:43 AM
If you're in America you're privileged.

I would rather be a minority in America than anywhere else.

What privileges are they talking about that are exclusive to white people, does anyone know?

Quote:
I get the point he is trying to make, but this is simply not true. I would gladly trade places to be an extremely rich well known and respected celebrity
Agreed. When I was little I actually wanted to be black. I listened to Michael Jackson, N.W.A., Michael Jordan was my favorite basketball player, Griffey Jr. my favorite baseball player, Barry Sanders my favorite football player. I wanted to have hair like Kid from Kid N Play. Obviously my youth was in the 80's:-)

Last edited by Preston_79; 03-15-2013 at 12:02 PM..
Old 03-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Just creating more racism..... and they wonder why it won't ever end......
Old 03-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
However while being poor and white is a disadvantage compared to middle class and white, poor and white still does beat being poor and black.
That's not true some of the squander and poverty I have seen in poor white rural areas and in places like trailer parks and even in the inter city is just as bad as being poor and black. Poverty is horrible regardless of your ethnicity.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:20 PM
I think not getting the fact that "white privilege" exists is pretty much the epitome of white privilege.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston_79 View Post
and how do you figure that? You ever left that state you live in or the town? That's kind of like the bullshit message you read on the dmv books that say driving is not a right it's a privilege.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Dubbs View Post
and how do you figure that? You ever left that state you live in or the town? That's kind of like the bullshit message you read on the dmv books that say driving is not a right it's a privilege.
Driving is a privilege. Just like you have a right to an education, doesn't mean you have a right to graduate. You have to earn it.

Anybody can have their driving privileges taken away and rightly so. Some drunk driver whining about his "rights" to have his license back? BS. Some teenager texting while driving you think he should have the right to drive? He who is putting you and your wife and in the future your children at risk?

We have the "rights" to work hard and earn what we have, not the "right" to have it given to us.

Last edited by Glinda; 03-15-2013 at 04:46 PM..
Old 03-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
I think not getting the fact that "white privilege" exists is pretty much the epitome of white privilege.
Who's denying it exists? I don't see any public programs that encourages others to overcome black privilege do you? Or do you think black privilege does not exist? Do you think only white people are privileged? Imagine the outcry if it was the reverse.

Last edited by creekin111; 03-15-2013 at 04:58 PM..
Old 03-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
Driving is a privilege. Just like you have a right to an education, doesn't mean you have a right to graduate. You have to earn it.
It is not a privilege. It is the right to any 16 year old that can pass the test. Maybe you should look up the definition of a privilege.

Quote:
We have the "rights" to work hard and earn what we have, not the "right" to have it given to us.
What the hell are you talking about?

Quote:
Anybody can have their driving privileges taken away and rightly so. Some drunk driver whining about his "rights" to have his license back? BS. Some teenager texting while driving you think he should have the right to drive? He who is putting you and your wife and in the future your children at risk?.
I'd rather not bring satistics into this discussion by using you are at risk for every 1/1000000 drunk drivers that get on the road. that's a feeble minded arguement and never works. It's highly doubtful that it will ever happen to me or anyone I know. You and me both know that, so don't bullshit me.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:35 PM

Most powerful man in the country: Barack Obama
Most earning actor: Will Smith
Most earning singer: Beyonce
Most earning sporter: Tiger Woods
Most powerful TV personality: Oprah Winfrey
Most lusted after cock by married women: black

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w
Old 03-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Quote:
It is not a privilege. It is the right to any 16 year old that can pass the test. Maybe you should look up the definition of a privilege.

What the hell are you talking about?

I'd rather not bring satistics into this discussion by using you are at risk for every 1/1000000 drunk drivers that get on the road. that's a feeble minded arguement and never works. It's highly doubtful that it will ever happen to me or anyone I know. You and me both know that, so don't bullshit me.
Sorry Mr. Sunshine but you're wrong, not every 16 year old has the "right" to drive any more than every 70 year old has that right. Maybe you should look up the definition of "right."

Much of a joy as you are to talk to, you're also insulting and have absolutely no social skills that I can see. I'm here for enjoyment, and angry posts like yours are one of the reasons many people from MFC don't like to post over here on the forum.

Last edited by Glinda; 03-15-2013 at 06:42 PM..
Old 03-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Sorry Mr. Sunshine but you're wrong, not every 16 year old has the "right" to drive any more than every 70 year old has that right. Maybe you should look up the definition of "right."
Depends on where you're driving. I don't think you have a right to drive your car through my kitchen.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
I totally realize that white privilege exists BUT come on , you dont see the ridiculousness in these White Guilt bracelets??? Its absurd how PC we've gotten.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 PM
What is white privilege? I'm white and I'd love to know how I can benefit from it, cause so far I'm getting nothing from being white. At least if I was a minority I could get extra help with my overbearing student loans.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:50 PM
Quote:
I've been to Peru and Japan.

Maybe what I should have said was, you're lucky as fuck if you were born in America, and I'd rather be a minority here than anywhere else.

Yeah, and driving is a privilege. Least that's what I always thought.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
I totally realize that white privilege exists BUT come on , you dont see the ridiculousness in these White Guilt bracelets??? Its absurd how PC we've gotten.
Yes. It is completely ridiculous. But that's what you get with a fear mongering, paranoid, right wing news site line CNS. There's nothing to that story but wild speculation, conjecture, and envisioning the worst case scenario. Any site that puts the word "diversity" in quotes should not be taken seriously.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:36 AM
I think you guys are missing the point, its not just the poverty, its the extra stuff that a person of color would have to deal with on top of being poor. I come from a family that runs all kinds of shades so I've seen what it is from their experiences. I'm not white, but I'm light-skinned and am very well aware that I have white privilege.

Quote:
What privileges are they talking about that are exclusive to white people, does anyone know?
My godmother's brother is black. For years he's always had trouble getting cabs in NYC. Still does.

Being a white kid walking around NYC after dark will not get stopped and frisked as often as a person of color.

One of my cousins, a couple months after 9/11, who looks a little swarthy was asked by a schoolmate if she was an Arab (shes Hispanic), when she corrected them they said she was a liar and that her family were one of those sleeper cell terrorists. This is after some Pakistani gas station attendant was murdered by someone because of 9/11 and cause he was a racist douchebag.

Fuck, I'm light-skinned and experienced racism because people knew in gradeschool that I was an "other", that's all it takes. I got teased and I got my ethnicity poked fun at. So a bullying and racism combo.

Quote:

I would rather be a minority in America than anywhere else.
Of course you would, because you'd be more accustomed to our brand of racism. I've been outside the country too, and the kind of racism I witnessed made me want to wrap myself in our version like a Snuggee.

Quote:
Agreed. When I was little I actually wanted to be black. I listened to Michael Jackson, N.W.A., Michael Jordan was my favorite basketball player, Griffey Jr. my favorite baseball player, Barry Sanders my favorite football player. I wanted to have hair like Kid from Kid N Play. Obviously my youth was in the 80's:-)
"Everyone wants to be black, but nobody really wants to be black" Paul Mooney

" Other ethnicities and cultures will not only show appreciation for black culture but also actually try to join it. The catch is, they only want to join the parts that seem entertaining and harmless of course."

You're looking at all those guys from the "gravy" perspective, and none of the grief they may have experienced being black. Fuck, even Michael Jackson didn't want to be black, at least not like his dad anyway.

Jackie Robinson was an inspirational human being and a great athlete, but none of us would want to be in his shoes when he first stepped out on the field on his first day after integration.

White Privilege is not something extra you have, its something extra you lack: The experience. That on top of all your everyday troubles someone, somewhere can and possibly will add to it because of your dusky ethnicity/complexion.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
Who's denying it exists? I don't see any public programs that encourages others to overcome black privilege do you? Or do you think black privilege does not exist? Do you think only white people are privileged? Imagine the outcry if it was the reverse.
Squid was right about you.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:22 AM
Quote:
I think you guys are missing the point, its not just the poverty, its the extra stuff that a person of color would have to deal with on top of being poor. I come from a family that runs all kinds of shades so I've seen what it is from their experiences. I'm not white, but I'm light-skinned and am very well aware that I have white privilege.

My godmother's brother is black. For years he's always had trouble getting cabs in NYC. Still does.

Being a white kid walking around NYC after dark will not get stopped and frisked as often as a person of color.

One of my cousins, a couple months after 9/11, who looks a little swarthy was asked by a schoolmate if she was an Arab (shes Hispanic), when she corrected them they said she was a liar and that her family were one of those sleeper cell terrorists. This is after some Pakistani gas station attendant was murdered by someone because of 9/11 and cause he was a racist douchebag.

Fuck, I'm light-skinned and experienced racism because people knew in gradeschool that I was an "other", that's all it takes. I got teased and I got my ethnicity poked fun at. So a bullying and racism combo.

Of course you would, because you'd be more accustomed to our brand of racism. I've been outside the country too, and the kind of racism I witnessed made me want to wrap myself in our version like a Snuggee.

"Everyone wants to be black, but nobody really wants to be black" Paul Mooney

" Other ethnicities and cultures will not only show appreciation for black culture but also actually try to join it. The catch is, they only want to join the parts that seem entertaining and harmless of course."

You're looking at all those guys from the "gravy" perspective, and none of the grief they may have experienced being black. Fuck, even Michael Jackson didn't want to be black, at least not like his dad anyway.

Jackie Robinson was an inspirational human being and a great athlete, but none of us would want to be in his shoes when he first stepped out on the field on his first day after integration.

White Privilege is not something extra you have, its something extra you lack: The experience. That on top of all your everyday troubles someone, somewhere can and possibly will add to it because of your dusky ethnicity/complexion.
You know what, you're absolutely right. My perspective was pretty narrow as I was equating privileged to being given a chance to become successful, and not much else. I agree with pretty much everything you said.

I understand being a minority in this country can have it's disadvantages.

Quote:
White Privilege is not something extra you have, its something extra you lack
Something for me to think about.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:31 AM
Quote:

Much of a joy as you are to talk to, you're also insulting and have absolutely no social skills that I can see. I'm here for enjoyment, and angry posts like yours are one of the reasons many people from MFC don't like to post over here on the forum.
I can understand what you mean as women we do deserve a bit of respect and how Mr Dubbs has reacted to you he has done the same thing to me on a couple of accasions. I find most male member do treat us with respect l have never come accross such a foul mouthed person in my life but you are right you and l have never been disrespected at MFC Anyway back on topic

Last edited by Bondgirl; 03-16-2013 at 02:34 AM..
Old 03-16-2013, 02:42 AM
In Australia you have the right to drive when you are 18ys old l can't believe at the age of 16 that you have the right to drive l find that a previlage but a silly one l feel kids of this age as way to young and do you have driving lessons before you get your lience and does America have a time period l know in aus you have to have 120 hrs before you can go for your licence
Old 03-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Squid was right about you.
Squid Vicious? Oh you mean the same squid that insulted the people who run this board? The same Squid that asked to be banned? The same Squid that would throw insult after insult at fellow members? The same Squid who couldn't back up and support his ideology intellectually so the only thing he could resort to was personal attacks? The same Squid who believed anyone who doesn't follow in lock step with his ideology is a white supremacist/racist? That Squid? I just want to be totally clear. So what was he right about huh? Please enlighten us. Thanks dude much appreciated.

Last edited by creekin111; 03-16-2013 at 10:28 AM..
Old 03-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Quote:
So what was he right about huh?
That you're racist and ignorant.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Whereas you just show up and throw vague insults at everyone.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate it. Sorry you are unable to conduct yourself in a civilized manner.

I do urge other members on here to reread the rules on here again. If you can't get your point across without childish insults then perhaps another message board would be good for you. Its pretty insulting to those who run this place when you don't follow and respect the rules. If you want to get banned just stop posting. If you can't respect dissenting opinions then go somewhere else. Thanks again.

My feeling is that there are others on here who have opinions as well on certain subjects but are too afraid to express it because they know fellow members will insult them. I believe that everyone's opinion on this board should be respected no matter what you think of it. But that's just me and I'm sure there are many on here who share my sentiment.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
I believe that everyone's opinion on this board should be respected no matter what you think of it.
Sorry, I don't respect opinions that are racist.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Whereas you just show up and throw vague insults at everyone.
Its sad. Ever want proof who's winning the argument? Watch what sides throw childish insults first.

There seemed to be a tight group of liberals on here who are clearly inspired by too much liberal TV talk shows where insults are part of the entertainment discourse. But nobody is looking for higher ratings on here. We're looking for honest adult discussions. The people who run this board do a great fucking job. Why people disrespect them is beyond me.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Sorry, I don't respect opinions that are racist.
Thanks apology accepted. I disagree though I am not racist or at least not like to think of myself as one. If I did say anything racist you would just report it but instead you broke the rules instead.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Calling someone racist isn't an insult if it's true.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:11 AM
It is possible to not respect a person's opinion without insulting them. It's a daily exercise in these chat forums. If it's not your cup of tea and you feel you're temped to start insulting others then you should find something else to do with your time.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Calling someone racist isn't an insult if it's true.
So prove its true. If you can't then its an insult. And no you didn't you calle racist AND ignorant. Why didn't you mention that last part? Hmmm.... Oh gee if its true I'm ignorant then its not an insult? You sure you want to go there?

Please for your sake leave this thread now for your own good.

Last edited by creekin111; 03-16-2013 at 11:14 AM..
Old 03-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Nailed it. It's great that not only are they oblivious to their white privilege, but they turn it into a sense of white victimhood.

Not "I'm lucky my father and his father were able to get jobs that paid a living wage, had a right to own property, live in safe neighborhoods, vote, and have all the other advantages over non-white people that mean I was not born into abject poverty in a place with a high crime rate where the public schools are terrible so I couldn't get a decent education" because that would require self-awareness, social consciousness, and an understanding of history. Instead it's "How come there isn't a White Entertainment Television, and I don't get affirmative action to help me get a job, we have a black president what are these racial hucksters complaining about with their PC nonsense" because that allows them to be angry and resentful and blame others and stay blissfully ignorant and MOTHERFUCKING AL SHARPTON AND OBAMA GARBDLGHAGAGFLJEWRYWR
Old 03-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
So prove its true. If you can't then its an insult. And no you didn't you calle racist AND ignorant. Why didn't you mention that last part? Hmmm.... Oh gee if its true I'm ignorant then its not an insult? You sure you want to go there?

Please for your sake leave this thread now for your own good.
Just look at your post history over the last year. Unfortunately I don't have time to go and look through them all.

And yes, you're ignorant as well. Sorry for omitting that.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
It is possible to not respect a person's opinion without insulting them. It's a daily exercise in these chat forums. If it's not your cup of tea and you feel you're temped to start insulting others then you should find something else to do with your time.
Well yeah I agree its about showing respect. Thinking about it and posting it are 2 different things.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Just look at your post history over the last year. Unfortunately I don't have time to go and look through them all.

And yes, you're ignorant as well. Sorry for omitting that.
You don't have the time? lol! Yet you seem to have plenty of time to respond to my posts for the past hour. Funny stuff. I don't even know why I should have to defend myself. Its your burden to prove.

And yeah keep calling me ignorant see how far that gets you. Again please stop posting here for your own good.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Well yeah I agree its about showing respect. Thinking about it and posting it are 2 different things.
Shit, I don't think you even have to show respect, just not be a an insulting douche.
Closed Thread