Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 PM
EBT cards (Food Stamps)

People were protesting the idea of the TSA getting new uniforms at the cost of 50 million tax payer dollars during this time when our country is struggling financially. Well consider this. Last December there were a record number of food stamp recipients, roughly 47 million. Along other bullshit foods you can purchase on food stamps, you can get a 2 liter of soda for about $2.00. New York wants to ban the huge soda because of a health crisis, but we're dropping tax payer dollars on soda to the tune of probably hundreds of millions of dollars every year and we just get fatter. Talk about burning the candle from both ends.
I work part time at a place that doesn't want us talking about how much sales are in EBT cards. The owner has probably bought half a dozen new locations or so during the recession. EBT sales can make up a 1/3 of the sales some nights. No one gets health benefits, and it's like pulling teeth to even get 30 hours a week, and you get paid hardly anything because they know they can replace you. Just think about that.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston_79 View Post
People were protesting the idea of the TSA getting new uniforms at the cost of 50 million tax payer dollars during this time when our country is struggling financially. Well consider this. Last December there were a record number of food stamp recipients, roughly 47 million. Along other bullshit foods you can purchase on food stamps, you can get a 2 liter of soda for about $2.00. New York wants to ban the huge soda because of a health crisis, but we're dropping tax payer dollars on soda to the tune of probably hundreds of millions of dollars every year and we just get fatter. Talk about burning the candle from both ends.
I work part time at a place that doesn't want us talking about how much sales are in EBT cards. The owner has probably bought half a dozen new locations or so during the recession. EBT sales can make up a 1/3 of the sales some nights. No one gets health benefits, and it's like pulling teeth to even get 30 hours a week, and you get paid hardly anything because they know they can replace you. Just think about that.

Assbackwardsness has become common scenery in this recession. I'm finding myself getting used to the view, while simultaneously biding my time and progressing in my job/s.

I'm part-time too, and I only get 25/hrs a week. Max. No excuses.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:52 PM
It's pretty unbelievable, I agree. However I see no problem with it, when it's deserved. When I see a motherfucking woman in line at the store ahead of me using an EBT card, all while simultaneously talking on her fucking Iphone, THAT'S a problem!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
It's pretty unbelievable, I agree. However I see no problem with it, when it's deserved. When I see a motherfucking woman in line at the store ahead of me using an EBT card, all while simultaneously talking on her fucking Iphone, THAT'S a problem!
My friend says she's paid taxes so she should be able to buy whatever the fuck she wants. She's about 22 years old has a three year old daughter and has probably never made more than 15 grand in a year. How much taxes does she think she's actually paid? I don't believe in earning the right to be irresponsible with any government aid. Spending money on junk food that racks up health costs is irresponsible. Profiting of recession and not doing anything to help your workers is fucking evil.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:19 AM
People don't have a right to convenience or self pride. If you can go out for food then you can go out to food shelters or soup kitchens & perhaps even bring back some food with you in a container. If you feel guilty donate canned goods or go and volunteer at a shelter or home I'm sure many of you concerned folks always do or have done already. It feels good helping the poor and disabled. Those kitchens are not even close to as bad as I believe some of you would think. They're not like some 1930's B&W Depression soup kitchen where people who go have to dress in shackles and prison uniforms for no reason other than humiliation.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Obamaphones man, you get them free with ebt cards now
Old 03-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Maybe this woman had bought her mobile before she lost her job We do not know her story and if she was lining up for food she would have been desarate also in aus if you get a voucher for food you can not buy ciggies and booze which is fair enough But banning soft drink is abut harsh but if l was wanting food l wouldn't by a bottle of soft drink l would what to buy food l need to live
Old 03-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Maybe this woman had bought her mobile before she lost her job We do not know her story and if she was lining up for food she would have been desarate also in aus if you get a voucher for food you can not buy ciggies and booze which is fair enough But banning soft drink is abut harsh but if l was wanting food l wouldn't by a bottle of soft drink l would what to buy food l need to live

The thing is, we as Americans do know her story. The majority of EBT users honestly do not need it. They are too lazy to go get work. I am in and out of DFCS offices (due to my work) and nothing ticks me off more than seeing some fat ass coming in with 8 kids to get more EBT and then pulling out of the parking lot in an Escalade with 26" wheels on it that cost more than some people make in a month. There are tons of convenient stores in the area who are not ashamed that they will give these people 50 cents on the dollar for their cards. So they get $1200 a month in EBT and turn around and hand it over to some guy behind the register for $600 cash. Every now and then one of these places gets busted but they just reopen a week later under a different name.

The EBT/Welfare system is a fucking joke that is rampant with fraud and misuse. It also is a great way the democrats keep their voters as slaves, always coming back to "massa" to beg for more and to re insure they keep getting elected.

On a side note. Anyone on EBT/Welfare should not be allowed to have things like cable tv, phones with data plans (only call service and limited to 400 minutes a month max), and should also be required to have mandatory drug testing every 2 months (randomly). If you are in a position that you need the government to give you money to provide for your family then you do not need any of that extra shit. If I lost my job today, all that shit would be the first thing to go, cells, internet, tv, the extra vehicle, all of it would go before I even thought of heading to the local dfcs office to suckle on the government teat.

Last edited by DuncanIdaho; 03-18-2013 at 11:57 AM..