Old 04-04-2013, 12:55 PM
The Company You Keep

Directed by Robert Redford

Written by Lem Dobbs, based on the novel by Neil Gordon

Plot: A thriller centered on a former Weather Underground activist who goes on the run from a journalist who has discovered his identity.

Starring: Robert Redford, Shia LaBeouf, Julie Christie, Susan Sarandon, Nick Nolte, Chris Cooper, Terrence Howard, Stanley Tucci, Richard Jenkins, Anna Kendrick, Brendan Gleeson, Sam Elliott, Brit Marling

Rated R for language

Runtime: 125 minutes

I'll probably catch this on DVD. That's some cast.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:02 PM
I love Redford. I'll watch him in anything. And yeah, the supporting cast is about as great as they come. And the trailer grabbed me.

Anybody know if and when this goes wide? It's April 5th release is in NY/LA only.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:02 AM
I'm interested but not too thrilled on the...let's just say "liberties" taken with the backstory of The Weathermen.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:36 AM
I'll probably be skipping this. Redford's direction is questionable at best (seriously Lions for Lambs was one of the worst movies I've seen in the last decade. So damn preachy.)

And Shia can go fuck himself. Not a fan at all.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Redford's direction is questionable? Yes, Lions for Lambs was a disappointment but he's made many great movies like Ordinary People, Quiz Show, A River Runs Through It and The Horse Whisperer.