Old 05-16-2013, 09:04 AM
Supernatural: The Anime Series - Thoughts?

Hi Guys,

I am a huge Supernatural fan and it has recently come to my attention that they have made an anime series of Supernatural! Has anyone seen it? Is it worth giving it a go at all? It is being released in the UK in a few weeks. I have read about it, have a look here if you have never heard of it http://www.amazon.co.uk/Supernatural...e+anime+series

So, thoughts? Worth a go or not? It is honest to the show? If Jared is doing a voice it can't be bad.

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2013, 03:21 PM
I liked it, and this is coming from someone who's not watched the live-action show. A friend of mine says this anime series essentially encompasses the first two seasons of the TV show, but isn't a literal retelling of the stories. It has original stories that explore more of the backstory of Sam & Dean, but still throws some episodes that fans of the TV show will recall (but even they have some twists and turns along the way to keep it fresh.)

I'd say go for it! (Plus with the extras that apparently come with it, for that price it seems like a great deal.) Hope that helps.