Old 05-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Books that could make good films

I am sure that there is a thread for this somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere so I thought I would post it and I will list a few.

The Games by Ted Kosmatka- pretty good slightly futuristic scifi involving genetics. Basic out line is Set in an amoral future where genetically engineered monstrosities fight each other to the death in an Olympic event, because genetic manipulation towards human athletes is outlawed. It doesn't go to far into the ethics and morals but it is a high octane, fast paced thriller that could definitely be translated to a nice blockbuster with few adjustments. It hasn't been picked up yet, but hopefully soon.

Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy- pretty much a given, but I don't think there has been any movement on it for awhile.

At the Mountains of Madness- so close to being made with Guillermo Del Toro, hopefully Pacific Rim is extremely successful so some studio will take the risk with rating and budget he wants.

The Stand by Stephen King- this would definitely have to be a triology I would think to be most successful, I believe Ben Affleck had some interest awhile back, I am not too sure if that is still true though.

The Passage Trilogy by Justin Cronin- could be pretty damn good. It is a horror/thriller story and has to do with the passage of a highly effective virus that changes people into for lack of a better word vampires, however it is much deeper than that. It might be a little premature seeing as the third book hasn't been released yet and won't be until 2014.

Fragment by Warren Fahy- described as Jurassic Park on steroids, deals with the discovery of an island in the middle of the Pacific that has been separate from the rest of the Earth for millions of years and thus all animals on that island followed a different evolutionary path.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:42 AM
dantes inferno
Old 05-19-2013, 04:04 AM

Its a graphic novel but would make such an awesome film. Fincher was in talks to direct it awhile back(now sure when) so I'm not sure what happened there. Hopefully he ends up directing it cause he did a great job with Fight Club.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:45 PM
about Blood Meridian - i read somewhere that the guy who played Jacob in Lost was being considered for the role of The Judge (i dont see it) so it might actually be in the earliest stages. i wouldnt hold your breath though. Would be awesome movie though if done right.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:34 PM
i'm still waiting for MEG by Steve Alten to be made
Old 05-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Ladies Night by Jack Ketchum
Old 05-26-2013, 07:08 AM
The Blue Knight by Joseph Wambaugh
Old 05-30-2013, 05:06 AM
Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami