Old 05-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Fast & Furious 6

FAST & FURIOUS 6

Directed by Justin Lin

Written by Chris Morgan

Starring Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Tyrese Gibson, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano, Sung Kang, and Luke Evans

Rated PG-13 for for intense sequences of violence and action and mayhem throughout, some sexuality and language

Running Time of 130 Minutes

Agent Luke Hobbs enlists Dominic Toretto and his team to bring down former Special Ops soldier Owen Shaw, leader of a unit specializing in vehicular warfare.

Edit since my original post: Lin delivers on the action and the stunts in a big way. He's a terrific craftsman of classical action. The team is all here with good chemistry and jokes, and Gina Carano and Luke Evans are quality additions. Evans in particular is a great foe. The film is a bit of twisty, melodramatic bro nonsense though that stopped it from being as purely fun and enjoyable as Fast Five was for me. It brings in elements from earlier movies in the series in a somewhat clever way, but it felt laid on a little bit too thick. The writing is absolutely awful. Check it out if you're a fan of the series, but it's not a particularly solid entry.

Spoiler:
The epilogue scene (it comes right after the driving disclaimer) is ridiculous. Jason freaking Statham, and it finally ties everything together with Tokyo Drift!

Last edited by SpikeDurden; 07-22-2013 at 07:11 PM..
Old 05-21-2013, 09:28 PM
The only question about this movie is if it will be the best film of all time, or just the best film of the last 50 years.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:44 PM
The thing I like about Justin Lin is that, unlike many (even critically successful) action directors, he can actually shoot incredible, big, competent action sequences. When that was combined with the fun heist plot of Fast Five, it led to one of the best big budget summer movies of 2011. With this one, it looks like the action sequences are just as great (if not better). I just hope the plot is semi-competent.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Bring this on.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDurden View Post

FAST & FURIOUS 6

Directed by Justin Lin

Written by Chris Morgan

Starring Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Tyrese Gibson, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano, Sung Kang, and Luke Evans

Rated PG-13 for for intense sequences of violence and action and mayhem throughout, some sexuality and language

Running Time of 130 Minutes

Agent Luke Hobbs enlists Dominic Toretto and his team to bring down former Special Ops soldier Owen Shaw, leader of a unit specializing in vehicular warfare.

I liked a lot about this movie. It's definitely a fun time and Lin delivers on the action and the stunts in a big way. He's a terrific craftsman of classical action. The team is all here with good chemistry and jokes, and Gina Carano and Luke Evans are quality additions. Evans in particular is a great foe. The film is a bit of twisty, melodramatic bro nonsense though that stopped it from being as purely fun and enjoyable as Fast Five was for me. It brings in elements from earlier movies in the series in a somewhat clever way, but it felt laid on a little bit too thick. It's still a good time at the movies and few things going have stunts as bold, ridiculous, and relatively practical as this. Check it out if you're a fan of the series.

Spoiler:
The epilogue scene (it comes right after the driving disclaimer) is ridiculous. Jason freaking Statham, and it finally ties everything together with Tokyo Drift!

That spoiler is so amazing...I wet my pants.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
The only question about this movie is if it will be the best film of all time, or just the best film of the last 50 years.
Yup!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm there
Old 05-22-2013, 12:33 PM
I'll pass. Not sure why Fast Five was so well received by critics cause it was nothing special.

There is no doubt that this movie is gonna make a shit ton of money though
Old 05-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Saw it on Monday.
Very good but thought part 5 was the better film.

The car scenes are ott and well shot but the fight scenes suffer from too much up close shots.

The plot is the most stupidest of all the films and of course is completely unbelievable at times (yeah like you can really drive fast in central London without running people over) but the humor makes up for it.

Like before, Vin Diesel's speeches (and ego) are boring and drag the film down in places. Plus the Rock's character has had his personality cut back, guess Vin Diesel didn't like the way he stole the show in part 5, but I still want his character to have a spinoff film.

I know it seems that I didn't like the film but I did enjoy the hell out of it and the action is better than both Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness combined.

Second best Fast and Furious film and best summer film so far.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Fast Five was such an ultimate treat for fans that followed the film from the first one, plus it didn't hurt that the film was a fairly solid flick. I'm down to throw some dough for this next installment, more so for Justin Lin.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:48 PM
'Fast & Furious 6' thread has already been made . It's wasn't carried over to "current": http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148473
Old 05-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Saw an early screening of this earlier this week and I have to say, once you've completely disregarded the superhero stunts, you'll have a good time.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I like the series. Tokyo Drift didn't do much for me, but I suppose it was a bridge across troubled waters. It was pretty cool that the boy from "Slingblade" was in it.

I like the characters, I like the story, I like the action. Ready for 6.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 PM
I hate this franchise but 6 is gonna be OK since the producers realized that you need Vin and Michelle to make the serie works.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
'Fast & Furious 6' thread has already been made . It's wasn't carried over to "current": http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148473
They aren't usually carried over to current.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Fast, Furious, Funny, and Fun. Fast and Furious Six delivers. The best in the series and it rewards the fans. My favorite summer film so far. It knows what it is and has fun with it. A blast. Had a good villain and some thrilling action sequences.

8/10.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceofspades70 View Post
I'm looking forward to it. I like the series. Tokyo Drift didn't do much for me, but I suppose it was a bridge across troubled waters. It was pretty cool that the boy from "Slingblade" was in it.

I like the characters, I like the story, I like the action. Ready for 6.
I actually didnt mind Tokyo Drift because I love movies that take place in Japan. And I wish Lucas Black would of been asked to join the Fast & Furious series again. I think he got a raw deal not being included.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Seeing this on Sunday. I've seen every Fast and Furious movie except Tokyo Drift in theatres (but God did 2 Fast 2 Furious ever suck).

The appeal of these movies to me is a return to good old-fashioned stunt work and fights set in the (hyper)real world. Back to the kind of ludicrous action films we used to get all the time in the '90s (Broken Arrow, Bad Boys, Con Air, etc), now overtaken almost entirely by comic book and toy franchises repeating, more or less, the same beats.

Sure they're cheesy. Sure they're dumb. But they're a helluva lot of fun.

Having a (rare for Hollywood) truly multiracial cast at its centre doesn't hurt the appeal either.

Last edited by JCPhoenix; 05-24-2013 at 11:04 AM..
Old 05-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
I actually didnt mind Tokyo Drift because I love movies that take place in Japan. And I wish Lucas Black would of been asked to join the Fast & Furious series again. I think he got a raw deal not being included.
Yeah, but remember Tokyo Drift takes place AFTER Fast 4-6. Now that they have finally caught up to Tokyo Drift, maybe he'll return for Fast 7?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:07 PM
4/5

pure unadulterated fun at the movies. the story is I think is stronger at Fast five the pace is better in Fast five but Fast Six had the better villain is it's a toss up. btw...Justin Lin is terrific at staging action sequences.

Last edited by athf1980; 05-24-2013 at 10:11 PM..
Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 PM
it was intense and just a fun movie with lots of cool over the top action a perfect 10/10 for me
Old 05-25-2013, 11:49 AM
7/10

really enjoyed it pure action and spectacle. For some reason to me some of the lines were even more groan inducing and cheesy than Fast 5, but does anyone really go for the acting or the script? These movies are pure fun and spectacle and it was a great time at the movies. Luke Evans was great as the villain, and the credit scene damn.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Yeah, but remember Tokyo Drift takes place AFTER Fast 4-6. Now that they have finally caught up to Tokyo Drift, maybe he'll return for Fast 7?
hmm wasnt aware of that at all.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:31 AM
Saw it last night....I loved it! It did what exactly what it was suppose to do, keep me entertained the entire time.

Would have gone to see it just for that 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona

I also agree that Luke Evans has been the best villain of the series so far.

For anyone going to see this do yourself a favor first. Watch (or rewatch) "Fast & Furious" (F&F 4). Fast 6 is heavily tied to 4.

Ready for Fast 7!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:58 AM
The Avengers with hot wheels( Vin Diesel, Paul Walker,Gal Gadot , Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, , Sung Kang, and Chris Bridges) return
with assistance from Dwayne Johnson and Gina Caranoto, face off against a gang of tech warfare baddies lead by a
slippery villain named Owen Shaw (Luke Evans),with resurrected bad ass Letty(Michelle Rodriguez) caught up in the middle.

Aside from some predictable moments FF6 gets everything right i expect from this series:hot cars √,hotter women √,
death defying stunts √,dizzying car chases √,some romance √,humor √,and a couple of twists √.
Bring on part 7 which i hear begins filming in a week.

Scale of 1-10 a 9
Old 05-27-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm about to watch these movie soon.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Finally was able to see it last night, first time I havent seen a Fast & Furious movie on opening weekend (Been bed ridden with a serious Gout Attack for the past 2 and a half weeks)

I loved it! I still think Fast Five was better, but this one followed it up greatly. Although the flying leap air catch that Diesel did had people in my theater laughing!

Michelle Rodriguez... so fucking hot!

Spoiler:
I guess I had forgotten about Statham being in Fast 7, cuz when that Tag came after the credits I was like FUCK YES!!! But What I was hoping for was that we had finally caught up with Tokyo Drift and the scene with Han, but I was hoping they would show Han escaping the car before it exploded, I like that character a lot (which is all credit to Sung Kang for playing that character so expertly) and I want to see that character continue on.

I think they got James Wan to do Fast 7, which is a great choice, I think he is a tremendous director.. even though I do wish that the studio wasnt rushing the movie out in a year, has that ever worked?!

Regardless, I'll be there for the 7th installment, and the 8th, 9th and 10th... i love this franchise!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Honestly, how many of these films are they gonna make? The movie going public obviously digs the hell out of them (but I'm not one of them. Cant really stand Vin Diesal and I find the films to be pretty dumb but to each his own).
Old 06-06-2013, 08:03 AM

The whole climax involving the airplane and multiple cars was truly a sight to behold. Awesome, awesome sequence! Best part of the movie. Even better than the tank scene, which was also pretty cool.

Spoiler:
I also have to admit that I didn't see the twist involving Gina Carano at all. Totally surprised by it. Also can't wait for Fast 7 after the Statham sequence at the end!

This is now my favorite movie in the franchise. Before the 4th film was my favorite, but now this has surpassed it.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Finally was able to see it last night, first time I havent seen a Fast & Furious movie on opening weekend (Been bed ridden with a serious Gout Attack for the past 2 and a half weeks)

I loved it! I still think Fast Five was better, but this one followed it up greatly. Although the flying leap air catch that Diesel did had people in my theater laughing!

Michelle Rodriguez... so fucking hot!

Spoiler:
I guess I had forgotten about Statham being in Fast 7, cuz when that Tag came after the credits I was like FUCK YES!!! But What I was hoping for was that we had finally caught up with Tokyo Drift and the scene with Han, but I was hoping they would show Han escaping the car before it exploded, I like that character a lot (which is all credit to Sung Kang for playing that character so expertly) and I want to see that character continue on.

I think they got James Wan to do Fast 7, which is a great choice, I think he is a tremendous director.. even though I do wish that the studio wasnt rushing the movie out in a year, has that ever worked?!

Regardless, I'll be there for the 7th installment, and the 8th, 9th and 10th... i love this franchise!
Oh man, I feel your pain (from much personal experience) on the gout attack front. There's nothing worse. I hope you're doing better.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
I'm betting they total this sexy mopar. The countless Charger resurrection is about as equally fucking stupid as the Letty one. Fuck ya more naws!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDurden View Post
Oh man, I feel your pain (from much personal experience) on the gout attack front. There's nothing worse. I hope you're doing better.
Thank you good sir.. it's been 3 weeks now and I am still walking with my cane, but I can actually walk which is a far cry from just even a week ago!

Who knew being fat would lead to health problems?!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:02 PM
I can't think of a better series with 6+ films in it. Really, the fast series is very solid from one through six.

Loved this installment of the franchise and easily the best summer blockbuster I've seen thus far! You definitely have to suspend your belief that the movies take place in reality but that's part of the fun

The last scene has me super excited for Fast 7!!!

The Fast and the Furious: 9/10
2 Fast 2 Furious: 7/10
Tokyo Drift: 7/10
Fast & Furious: 8/10
Fast Five: 8/10
Fast & Furious 6: 8/10
Old 06-28-2013, 03:57 PM
I was fairly disappointed with this one. Everything Fast Five did right, this one did wrong. Even by F&F standards, the plot was beyond paper thin, and once the team was assembled, there was no tension or suspense because there was apparently no consequences to their actions. Every missed chance to get the bad guy resulted in: "Whoops, oh well, back to home base and try again."

I also found the car chases to be frustrating. The first big one with the ramp-car was so dark, it was hard to tell what was going on. The idea was cool as hell, and the ramp-car awesome to see in action, but I never got a sense of scale that I did with the Rio chases.

Then it went into full on soap opera mode with the explanation of Letty's reappearance.

The tank sequence started off cool, but went off the deep end with the super-human stunts, and the final airplane chase was just silly. Just how long was that runway? Fifty miles??

Such a letdown after Fast Five.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Thereís something silly when the fifth, and now the sixth, installment of a long running film franchise are the highest point of quality and entertainment. Perhaps thatís all on director Justin Lin, who knows how to respect the fans that have followed this franchise from the beginning, as well as cater to audiences that want to look for a fun summer blockbuster. While the latter may be left into the dust if they havenít caught up with the franchise (Though, with this being the 6th one, Iím sure its mostly the fans coming back for more), the former will have still experience another solid outing, even if the engines are beginning to sputter a bit (Hopefully that will be my last pun for this review, but I canít make any promises).

Fast Six wastes no time throwing us back into the world of car chases, capers, and gunplay. However, the tongue in this film seems to be purely planted in cheek, and makes the film all the more enjoyable for it. The opening scene involving The Rockís Hobbes initial interrogation scene is pretty much a clear sign that this film is going to be a bombastic action film that will raise the ridiculousness. This has to do with the direction by Justin Lin, who has been doing these Fast and Furious films since Tokyo Drift, and certainly seems to find ways to up the ante with each film. Repeating what I said in my Fast Five review, Fast Six continues the fan service for this series, and Lin wants to keep those fans entertained.

This time, Fast Six pits the Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel) and Brian Oí Connor (Paul Walker) ragtag crew, this time aided by Dwayne Johnsonís Agent Hobbes from Fast Six, to take down another crew of outlaws, lead by the villainous Shaw (Luke Evans), in hopes for getting all their crimes pardoned from the previous film. Thereís all this hoopla about a MacGuffin that Shaw wants that could be a problem for the world, but for Dom, his main focus of the mission is his former lady Letty (Michelle Rodriguez), who was believed dead but now running with Shawís crew.

Thereís typical plot convenience towards pitting Letty against Dom; the type of eye-rolling necessity to get these characters to where they need to be in this iteration. In fact, most of the plot points in this latest film follow other well known summer blockbusters, accompanying the story with large scale action sequences that are shot and edited with a keen eye, rather than a shaky one. The plot itself doesnít have that fluidity of the fairly solid Fast Five, as there are one or two scenes that pad out the movie for more than it is worth. But, that doesnít mean the heart of the film is lost entirely.

For one thing, the rapport between all the previous Fast and Furious characters is still intact, with the usual wise cracking comedy coming mostly from Tyrese Gibson and Ludacris. The action is as ridiculous as ever, with characters flying all over the place with no sense of Newtonís law of gravity. This is popcorn fun that isnít afraid to be silly, but not too silly. Lin continues to make some great car chase sequences coupled with some intense hand-to-hand brawls, giving fans of the action genre all the things that they have come to see in the first place.
If there were anything forgettable with this film, it would probably be Luke Evanís Shaw. Heís the usual smarmy bad guy with no weight or gravitas to be truly memorable. For a movie as silly as this, a crazy, off the wall villain would be something that would elevate this series immensely, but unfortunately there have been mostly stock. Thankfully, the treat that Lin leaves the audience at the end of the film has the potential to break that curse.

Fast and Furious Six continues the path that the solid Fast Five set; a popcorn summer blockbuster that delivers nutty action, humor, and a little dramatic weight to balance everything out. Itís unfortunate that director Justin Lin is leaving after this film, but maybe his legacy will convince whoever is taking up the mantle (supposedly Sawís James Wan) to know how to make action films fun again.

7/10