Old 05-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Epic

EPIC

Directed by Chris Wedge (Ice Age, Robots)

Written by James V. Hart, William Joyce, Daniel Shere, Tom J. Astle, Matt Ember; Story by William Joyce, James V. Hart, and Chris Wedge: Based on the books by William Joyce

Starring the voices of Amanda Seyfried, Colin Farrell, Beyonce Knowles, Josh Hutcherson, Christoph Waltz, Aziz Ansari, Chris O'Dowd, Pitbull, Jason Sudeikis, Steven Tyler

Rated PG for mild action, some scary images and brief rude language

Running Time of 102 Minutes

A teenager finds herself transported to a deep forest setting where a battle between the forces of good and the forces of evil is taking place. She bands together with a rag-tag group characters in order to save their world -- and ours.

I am a fan of animated films and some of the visuals look lovely, but I hope the emphasis is more on the adventure and less on the stupid humor. Somehow I doubt this. Many of the inclusions in the voice cast, particularly the music artists, confuse me. Regardless, I'll likely see this with my family over the long weekend.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:51 PM
There are moments of genuine beauty and adventure, but the film is mostly very ordinary. It falls trap to too many cliches and executes them poorly. Every beat you'd expect an animated film to hit it does, and without anything particularly special. I hated some of the voice cast, particularly Steven Tyler and Pitbull, but thought Sudeikis did a great job. Unless you're a huge fan of animation I say skip it.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:52 AM
I download and playing the Epic game on my phone. Love it.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:52 AM

I hated this movie so, so much. My friend and I almost walked out of it. I'd go as far as saying it is the worst animated film since Doogal, it was just painful. Worst of the year so far.

3/10
Old 06-10-2013, 04:50 AM
I thought this film was ...EPIC!

I liked Colin Farrle. He was good in Bruges, but that was nothing like this film.