Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Favorite Guilty Pleasure actors/actresses or films

Lets all admit our go to guilty pleasure films and actors/actresses

I'll start by naming off actors/actresses

1. Asia Argento
Personally I think she's a decent actress and I like a number of her films (Boarding Gate & B.Monkey)

2. Lucy Liu
Still havent seen Elementary yet but I'll get around to it soon. I just think shes a hottie and also a decent enough actress. Her best performance is hands down in Kill Bill. I dug her in Charlie's Angels, Payback and Lucky Number Slevin

3. Ray Liotta
His career never really took off after Goodfellas but he's been back in some good movies lately (especially his role in Killing Them Softly and The Place Beyond the Pines). Glad he is bouncing back.

4. Jennifer Love Hewitt
Pretty bland actress but man, is she hot and has some charm. I loved her in Heartbreakers and I thought she made a great scream queen early in her career.

Now I'll name off some films

1. The Boondock Saints
Just a fun fucking film that has tons of action.

2. The Rock
Sean Connery owns this shit.

3. Face Off
Old 05-25-2013, 12:23 PM
As far as movies for me:

-Twilight Movies 1-3
-A Walk to Remember
-Reindeer Games (most "bad" Ben Affleck movies really)
-The Duchess
-Pride & Prejudice
-Atonement

Yes, I love Keira Knightley in her time period pieces!
Old 05-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Sucker Punch

My favorite guilty pleasure would have to be Sucker Punch.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
4. Jennifer Love Hewitt
Pretty bland actress but man, is she hot and has some charm. I loved her in Heartbreakers and I thought she made a great scream queen early in her career.
She's kind of hard to gauge for me, since she's appeared in virtually nothing but lightweight material her entire career. I don't know if that's a sign of pigeonholing or just a lack of range and/or sense of adventure as an actor. But I'll agree she's a guilty pleasure for me in the sense that I'm FAR more interested in her body than her body of work (same goes for Heather Graham and Jessica Biel).
Old 05-25-2013, 08:16 PM
My favorite guilty pleasure flicks.

1. Waxwork 1 and 2: I grew up watching these on the sci-fi channel. When I rewatched them again years later it was still fun(even if mostly for nostalgic reasons). But I still enjoy the mix of B-movie horror and cheesy 80s comedy. Also Bruce Campbell and David Carradine in the sequel!

2. I also enjoy Peter Jackson's earlier films like Bad Taste and Brain Dead for similar reasons.

3. Battles Without Honor and Humanity: I enjoy the whole Yakuza papers series, and love most of Fukasaku's gangster pics. I wasn't a big fan of his adaptation of Battle Royale that much though.

4. I admire many Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee flicks. I especially enjoy the stunt work in Jackie Chan movies.

5. Romeo is Bleeding. I love it and hate it at the same time.

6. Luc Besson's 'The Fifth Element' is one of my favorite Sci Fi movies, and I don't hate Ruby Rod lol.

7. Harold and Kumar movies, Friday(not all of them, just the first one), and How High.

That's all I can think of for now. Hail Mary, Hail Mary, Hail Mary, Hail Mary, Hail Mary, Hail Mary, Hail Mary, Hail Mary, Hail Mary, Hail Mary.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Favorite Guilty Pleasure actors/actresses or films

Actors

•Nicolas Cage
•Arnold Schwarzenegger
•Jean-Claude Van Damme
•William Shatner
•Drew Barrymore

Films

Batman & Robin
Troll 2
Halloween sequels
Jason X
The Island of Dr. Moreau [1996]
The Wicker Man [2006]
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Plan 9 From Outer Space
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Cobra
Kindergarten Cop

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:27 AM
Old 06-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Lindsay Lohan - Mean Girls
J. L. Hewitt - Heartbreakers
Isla Fisher - Confessions of a Shopaholic
Old 06-03-2013, 04:30 AM
Jean Claude Van Damme movies

Steven Seagal movies

Arnold Schwarzenegger movies

Sylvester Stallone

Jason Statham

Sherlock Holmes 1 & 2

Con Air

I Know/I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

BTW, the following movies that have been mentioned that I love but I don't think are guilty pleasures, certainly nothing guilty about loving these:

- Atonement

- The Rock

- Face/Off

But one movie from Keira Knightley I love that is a guilty pleasure is Domino and there are certainly several from Nic Cage. Besides the aforementioned Con Air there is also Drive Angry (I love this movie!), Seeking Justice, National Treasure 1 & 2 among some others.

Some reboots/remakes that I enjoyed: My Bloody Valentine, Friday the 13th (I thought this was sooooo much better than the original and their sequels!).

A lot of the Halloween sequels I've liked. II, IV, VI, H20 and, yes, even Resurrection.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:33 PM
I definitely don't think Bruce Lee movies should be considered guilty pleasures, nor should Jackie Chan movies if we're talking about stuff like Drunken Master II and not just Rush Hour 3. They're legit.

And to the original poster, Ray Liotta shouldn't be considered a guilty pleasure either. It's true that his career never really took off (as you pointed out), but I can't recall there ever being a consensus that he was in any way bad. He's given many good performances, ranging from his incredible turn in Something Wild to his intense role in Narc. He's a good choice for an underused actor, but a guilty pleasure? I'm not sure.

I'll be the second person here to state Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a guilty pleasure. Obviously it's not a great movie, but for what it is, it seems pretty inoffensive to me, and it can even be enjoyable if you're in the right frame of mind. Sometimes you just need a good junk food movie, and that's what it is.

I actually thought Chris Rock's I Think I Love My Wife was a decent movie, although most people (especially critics) hated it.