Old 06-10-2013, 11:57 AM
The Stand DVD re-release.

http://www.amazon.com/Stephen-Kings-...ords=the+stand

My question is this. Why no Blu Ray? I mean, at least for the fact that they could put it all on one disc and not need a double-sided disc live DVD.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:41 PM
I actually owned a copy of the first DVD release of this and sold it for around $30 years ago on ebay, I was shocked and realized at the time that it must of had a short DVD run of units. But just recently picked up that same release about a month ago for $2.50, thinking I should keep on to this one, but boy is it a long flick. I think its because of the short unit run the first release had that they are bring this out again, and now it will be all over this time around on DVD only for now. It's a good thing I'm not reliant on Blu-ray's.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by predator_silver View Post
I actually owned a copy of the first DVD release of this and sold it for around $30 years ago on ebay, I was shocked and realized at the time that it must of had a short DVD run of units. But just recently picked up that same release about a month ago for $2.50, thinking I should keep on to this one, but boy is it a long flick. I think its because of the short unit run the first release had that they are bring this out again, and now it will be all over this time around on DVD only for now. It's a good thing I'm not reliant on Blu-ray's.
Actually, it's more about the data Blu Ray's can hold. There's a 2-Disc DVD version on there that I'm thinking of getting for a little more used (but apparently in really good condition). My only gripe is with the versions that are a double-sided DVD. To me those are too easy too mess up.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Yeah that is one of the perks to Blu-rays that they can hold a lot more data, I purchased the "5th season of Big Bang Theory". which included both dvd and Blu-ray, and there are 3 DVD discs and 2 Blu-ray disc. I really haven't jumped on the Blu-ray train yet or even plan to, because a lot of the time you have to have the updates to your Blu-ray player to even watch some, and that is just ridicules. Where as I can just throw in any DVD in my all-region player and they shoot right up with no worries.

But I can see it from your side, I am sure if you just wait there will of course be a Blu-ray version eventually come out. As for movies with duel data on each side of the disc, just make sure to handle with extra care is all. But yeah I actually have the 2 disc version of "The Stand" that you speak of that I just recently picked up again, and it was also the version I sold many years ago. Just as long as you own the film and are able to watch it is really the main goal. That is funny it got a Re-release though.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Actually, there has been talk of a remake. Maybe they're "testing the waters" on the popularity of this property.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:09 PM
While not normally a fan of remakes, I think that this is deserving of one, and I hope they do better the next time around. I heard it rumored (though not from an entirely reliable source) that each of the four chapters would release as its own film. I don't know how much truth there is to this but I like the idea.