Old 06-28-2013, 05:17 AM
Official TERMINATOR: GENISYS Thread (July 1, 2015)

Well looks like it got the green light. I for one am not too excited about this but I shall start a thread for it anyway

At least its being reported that Arnold will make an appearance. Thats good news I guess.

Who do you all want to direct this?

I would have said Duncan Jones but he'll have his hands full with the Warcraft film. So I really dont know who I would pick. Maybe Justin Lin would be a good choice. While I dont care for the Fast & Furious films, the guy knows how to do action scenes.

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/n...date-announced

Last edited by echo_bravo; 06-15-2015 at 01:40 PM..
Old 06-28-2013, 05:22 AM
nevermind

Last edited by God of War; 06-28-2013 at 05:40 AM..
Old 06-28-2013, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Is this another film apart from the new trilogy announced today?
from what I understand this is a stand alone trilogy. Oh joy!
Old 12-04-2014, 01:04 PM
official trailer & teaser poster [update: Supprise CAMEO in trailer]

Here is the new trailer for

Get ready to "Reset The Future"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc

Teaser poster:

IN THE TRAILER..AROUND THE 2:08 MARK...WHO WAS IN ONE OF THE CHAIRS

READING A NEWSPAPER AS ARNOLD BREAKS THROW THE WALL? THE ANSAWER MAY SUPPRISE

YOU ALL AND MAKE YOU SAY "YEAH!"

Last edited by Ruly2; 12-05-2014 at 08:07 PM..
Old 12-04-2014, 08:25 PM
A whole lot of meh.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Totally forgot I made this thread.

And as for the film, UGH. Looks even worse than I thought it would. Definitely passing on seeing this shit.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post

And as for the film, UGH. Looks even worse than I thought it would. Definitely passing on seeing this shit.
All of this!!
Old 12-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Everything in this trailer looks so fake. From the CGI, to the color correction, to the dude playing Kyle Reese. Reese was a complete wreck, a battle-hardened malnourished soldier who has seen too much, and this new guy shows none of those qualities. He looks like a fit & healthy fashion model in over his head.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverload View Post
Everything in this trailer looks so fake. From the CGI, to the color correction, to the dude playing Kyle Reese. Reese was a complete wreck, a battle-hardened malnourished soldier who has seen too much, and this new guy shows none of those qualities. He looks like a fit & healthy fashion model in over his head.
You make some good points, although i was willing to overlook Jai Courtney's chiseled physique because I kind of grew to like him when he was on the show Spartacus. I'm a little concerned for this film though. We've got a senior citizen version of the 101, (which is barely justified by the wobbly plot synopsis) taking on a less intimidating T1000 and the visuals look a little too glossy. This and Jurassic World seem to barely have a leg to stand on plot-wise.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Why can't this franchise just die?! Seriously. They'll never make another Terminator film as successful or awesome as Cameron's films, so to keep this franchise going is overkill.

And this latest installment looks godawful, needless to say. Watching the trailer made me cringe. (One positive thing I'll say about Terminator: Salvation is that it had a killer trailer, one of the best trailers of all time.) I won't waste my time or money watching this.

Strider

Last edited by Strider; 12-08-2014 at 02:36 PM..
Old 12-08-2014, 10:27 PM
I think the story they are going to tell is interesting... basically a reboot sequel... but the trailer left me less than enthused!

And i am not a Game of Thrones fan, so i know nothing of Emilia Clarke... but if this trailer is any indication, she was horribly miscast

But i am still a movie fan, and this is still a Terminator movie, so i will be there at the Thursday night show!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:00 AM
Spoiler:
Saw the trailer last night and yeah its going to be attacked from all ends, the casting, the look and visuals and whatever the hell is going on with the story. I always appreciate somebody sticking it out ^ but I'm with the majority of folks who are on the fences about this and since T2 is my favorite movie, well you know.

Any franchise with time travel being such a key story telling device pretty much has a near infinite amount of playability with the story, so there's going to be some explanation no matter how absurd, as to why the T-1000 doesn't look like Robert Patrick and why is a T-1000 in this time period, why does the T-800 have an aged look, how exactly did the rules changed? Some say to ignore all that and just try to enjoy it but this movie doesn't seem to have an identity, its not a simple retelling of the first movie for a new generation, it's throwing in all these other elements from the others, I can't help myself examining it so finely. Especially since the 2nd capped the story so well, anything afterwords just can't amount to anything good.

I didn't completely hate it though, when the T-800 pulls off his hood, revealing himself and then aims a shotgun at the 800 from the first movie, as much as I didn't understand it, that is something interesting. Again with the T-1000, don't get the connection yet but there may be some fun to be had given all it can do. Bus chase... why not, that seems to be a requirement with each movie and some of the future war could be cool.

The future is always uncertain, so I guess well see.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:44 PM
I just don't see this being any good... and have no desire to see it.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:17 PM
I am very excited to see this.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:55 PM
I'll just leave THIS here:
Old 06-15-2015, 01:21 PM
such horseshit... the first 3 were R and even the shitty fourth movie had an R rated cut on blu ray (from what I had read, the script for this was played completely PG13... but i do think they had to make cuts to get a PG13, because the movie comes out in a few weeks and it is just now getting its official rating, which means there was some trouble getting the rating)

They want this to be the start of a new franchise, it better be Dark Knight level amazing... cuz the trailers so far have been garbage and now it doesnt have the possibility of "well, the trailers pry sucked cuz they couldnt show the real good R rated stuff" and i can see this movie being a huge disappointment at the box office and completely killing the franchise.

Esp since Alan Taylor, he made Thor 2... Thor 2 really isnt that great!
Old 06-15-2015, 01:42 PM
thanks for the updates Ruly, and I gotta side with SkyNet (I'm sure you are taking this hard playa haha) but this is gonna be a watered down PG 13 "safe" shit fest. Its bad enough they spoiled a ton of the plot for us ....sigh.

but if there is anything hopeful to report, James Cameron actually loved it ( but I don't really trust him since he probably got paid off haha)
Old 06-15-2015, 06:08 PM
I had just had one of the best popcorn experiences of any summer with Jurassic World, so suffice to say I'm in the mood to ease up on this movie, adjust my expectations, and enjoy this movie as pure popcorn entertainment. Make the action coherent, give Schwarzenneger some badass scenes, and do enough to keep me even slightly invested in the story and you've got me. Just like I did for Jurassic World, I will not even pretend that this will even come remotely close to touching my favorite film in the franchise, (which in this case is T2). You just can't do that to yourself with this. It is perfectly normal, however, to expect to be thoroughly entertained by this film. If it fails to do that, then I'll bash it .
Old 06-16-2015, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
but if there is anything hopeful to report, James Cameron actually loved it ( but I don't really trust him since he probably got paid off haha)
That and the writer of this film is also a producer for Avatar.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:24 AM

I am extremely excited to watch this movie.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:34 PM
Early reviews are doo doo so far.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Saw the movie. Action was pretty cool though it was a little too over the top. First half of film was great second half dropped the ball. Giving a 1-10 vote I give it a 6 and that is being generous. I want to give it a 5 but the first half keeps me from doing it.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:45 PM

This is definitely one of those times where I strongly disagree with critics. I loved it. I thought it pays homage to the past while also reinventing the franchise is many ways. I mean sure, it has almost the same plot as Terminator 2 in how they are trying to stop Judgement Day from happening (same as Terminator 3) but unlike T3, which I didn't think bring anything new to the table (but I still loved it), this one actually has a lot of really cool ideas and poses a lot of interesting questions a lot of which are kind of left hanging for possible future installments, but I'm fine with that and that's even if this movie flops and we don't get another one. But I hope we do get another film. I mean yeah, the movie just kind of skims the surface. It definitely could have delved a lot more into the ideas and questions it poses, but I still thought it was very cool. The action is great. The acting is solid. I really dug the chemistry between Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney. Arnold returns to his iconic part with ease. And the movie moves at a great pace and it's just a damn entertaining ride.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Ya... i agree.... honestly the trailers looked like shit... the PG13 rating pissed me off. .. but the movie was actually really good. Solid action... even some of the comedy worked.

Nowhere near as good as T2 or T1.... but a million times better than T3 and T:S.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:37 AM
An incredible sci fi action packed flick with great direction and STUNNING special effects! Decent story and the lack of an R doesn't hurt this movie at all! 8/10