Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 PM
The Raid: Redemption

For non-stop pure action, this movie is above insane. I've watched several times and am in pure awe after every viewing. How come this isn't the movie we get in the states? I know Asian action movies are over the top, John Woo's earlier work comes to mind, but The Raid: Redemption makes those films look like The Bridges of Madison County. Its the perfect orchestra of mayhem. The final fight with the two brothers was one of the best fight scenes I've ever seen.

The movie is filled with amazing fight scenes.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Yay or nay?
Old 07-19-2013, 08:00 PM
I remember really liking it, and thinking it was extremely brutal. Unfortunately I can't remember much else. I'll probably watch it again at some point. I do remember thinking it was going to be a martial arts movie, and then there wasn't much actual fist fighting. Or am I mistaken? I can't remember it that well.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMovie View Post
I remember really liking it, and thinking it was extremely brutal. Unfortunately I can't remember much else. I'll probably watch it again at some point. I do remember thinking it was going to be a martial arts movie, and then there wasn't much actual fist fighting. Or am I mistaken? I can't remember it that well.

It had tons of fist fighting and martial arts, as well as knives, guns, table legs, axes, a fluorescent light bulb any and everything you could kill someone with was all there. Its been on Starz a lot lately, thats what sparked this thread
Old 07-19-2013, 11:17 PM
One of my favorites from last year. I had a blast.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:37 AM
I was underwhelmed.
There was some cool fighting, but overall even that got tiring.
I won't watch it again.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMsterpce View Post
I was underwhelmed.
There was some cool fighting, but overall even that got tiring.
I won't watch it again.
I'm somewhere in between this opinion and really liking it. I've watched the movie three times now, and I can't decide if I enjoyed it or not. On one end, the action sequences are fun and exciting, and I can't get enough. The other end has me disappointed by everything else. I'm always left feeling unsatisfied with the resolution of the film, and I think that's due to the lack of solid plot development. It feels like the plot is forced, and it's only there to help carry the action. The film doesn't have that natural flow that many actions films are able to accomplish.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:54 AM
I enjoyed it.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Definite yay. Loved it.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Hands down best flick of 2011.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:03 AM
One of 2012's best action films. A shot of pure adrenaline, right to the heart. The fight choreography was like a ballet of carnage; I mean wow, really kick-ass stuff.

I've seen it twice, possibly three times. I try recommending it to any fans of the genre because it's easily the coolest flick I've seen in a long time.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:04 AM
i liked it. some of the fight scenes even if cool, were still so ridiculous though. it was so convenient that nearly everyone in that building was trained in martial arts too!