Old 10-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Need Help Finding Some Good Werewolf Movies

I was looking through Netflix's archives the other day and realized there is truly a shortage of werewolf films. I myself have not seen very many good ones. The ones that I like are:
An American Werewolf in London
Dog Soldiers
Underworld 1 and 2
The Howling
Bad Moon
Silver Bullet

I guess that is really about it which is funny because I have always loved werewolves. I have never seen Ginger Snaps or Company of Wolves but I do intend to change that. Does anybody have any recommendations for some good werewolf movies?
Old 10-21-2013, 06:33 PM
I had completely forgotten about the Company of Wolves

Teen Wolf haha
Old 10-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Frosty_86 for sure check out "Ginger Snaps" the first one, I really haven't ventured out to explore the other ones. But I enjoyed the first one.

Probably one of the most obscure ones that I recommend that hasn't been mentioned is "Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001)".

Also there is "Monster Squad" (which has all the Classic Monsters, Wolfman included).

I will thumb through my collection, but you have pretty much seen the ones I would throw out there, "The Howling", "Silver Bullet", "Dog Soldiers", and my favorite "An American Werewolf in London".

As for some off the top of my head, you can watch the zany "The Howling 3" which was done in Australia which I purchase a little time back that's why I remember it and got some funny/laughing enjoyment out of it. Also there is "An American Werewolf in Paris" but it doesn't hold a candle stick to the original London version.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by predator_silver View Post
Probably one of the most obscure ones that I recommend that hasn't been mentioned is "Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001)".
I second your recommendation. This is an excellent film. One of my favs. Although many people hate it.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:59 PM
I forgot about Brotherhood of the Wolf, I have only seen that once but it is a badass movie. I love the werewolf scene in Trick r Treat. Monster Squad is a favorite of mine too, I don't know why I didn't list that one. Thanks for the feedback guys, I definitely need to give Ginger Snaps a look now. I have seen An American Werewolf Paris an it for sure doesn't hold a candle to the original, the problem is the terrible CG just doesn't add any tension or horror to the transformation like it did in the original film.

Last edited by Frosty_86; 10-22-2013 at 01:02 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Yeah, As for "Brotherhood of the wolf" it is badass. I'm glad you 2 also appreciate it, like i do.

I recently thought of "Wolfen (1981)" It has been ages since I have seen it, and I'm probably blurring my mind and thoughts with the "Howling" for some reason. That Might be another to maybe think about?

As for "Trick R Treat" yeah I was going to throw that out there, but I was certain you have seen that. Being on a Horror board I kind of assume everyone on here would watch that movie.

I did a quick look at my collection, and I might get some laughs for this. But since I threw out "Howling 3" it shouldn't matter now. But I enjoyed
"Red Riding Hood (2011)" I didn't think it was as bad as everyone else made it out to be.

Also I did comment on a Story on Joblo horror a while back about "WOLF COP" which you can view the trailer HERE!!! Not sure when it's coming out?

If I think or run into any more I will let you know?

Last edited by predator_silver; 10-22-2013 at 01:49 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by predator_silver View Post
Yeah, As for "Brotherhood of the wolf" it is badass. I'm glad you 2 also appreciate it, like i do.

I recently thought of "Wolfen (1981)" It has been ages since I have seen it, and I'm probably blurring my mind and thoughts with the "Howling" for some reason. That Might be another to maybe think about?

As for "Trick R Treat" yeah I was going to throw that out there, but I was certain you have seen that. Being on a Horror board I kind of assume everyone on here would watch that movie.

I did a quick look at my collection, and I might get some laughs for this. But since I threw out "Howling 3" it shouldn't matter now. But I enjoyed
"Red Riding Hood (2011)" I didn't think it was as bad as everyone else made it out to be.

Also I did comment on a Story on Joblo horror a while back about "WOLF COP" which you can view the trailer HERE!!! Not sure when it's coming out?

If I think or run into any more I will let you know?
Cool man!

I have heard Wolfen was pretty descent. I tell you though The Howling wins the award for ugliest werewolf design, and I mean that in the best way possible.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:34 PM
As for "Wolfen" yeah I seriously need to do a rewatch on that it has been ages. As for the Howling yeah the werewolf design was a laugh, but it reminds me of "Hot Fuzz" a lot.
Spoiler:
Because basically the whole town is in on it. I really enjoy that aspect of it.

Also did some thinking of other Werewolf movies, and for some reason thought of two other movies that play like werewolf movies, but slightly different. They are "The Beast Within (1982)" and "Watchers (1988)" and they aren't half bad.

Also I am remembering another it was from a while back. Called "Project: Metalbeast (1995)" about a Metallic-werewolf type. That is another I only have a blurred memory so if you do check it out. Don't be mad at me, if it isn't any good.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Howling V: The Rebirth has always been a favorite of mine. I also really like those Paul Naschy ones from Spain. They're extremely slow moving and the acting is pretty bad, but I think they make up for it with atmosphere (and lots of nudity lol). Night of the Werewolf is my favorite, and Curse of the Devil is pretty good too. Hammer Horror's Curse of the Werewolf is pretty good too. Not a lot of werewolf action until near the end but it's a good story.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Don't sleep on Big Bad Wolf! It's decent.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:58 AM
An American Werewolf in London, Silver Bullet.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:29 PM
In the company of wolves is fantastic if you've never seen it.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:40 PM
I just saw Ginger Snaps. It's a really smart movie I regret not having seen sooner. 9/10