Adam Green's cameraman BJ McDonnell set to make debut with Hatchet 3

Sep. 30, 2011by: Jake Dee
100%

After serving under Adam Green for two films (sounds fun), BJ McDonnell is set to wield a HATCHET of his own!

That's right y'all...Variety is reporting McDonnell will get his crack at direction, though Green will help shepherd HATCHET 3 closely from pre to post-production. Here's a statement Green made:

"BJ was not only the camera operator on the first two 'Hatchet' movies. He was there alongside me creating every shot, working closely with me to craft each scene, moment, outrageous kill, and performance. He is absolutely beloved by the entire Hatchet family and his experience on everything from huge studio films to smaller independent productions will ensure that he will do the franchise proud."

Nice, nothing better than having full confidence from your mentor. Hopefully McDonnell keeps the franchise fresh when he starts production this February.

As for the plot, HATCHET 3 will pick up where the last film left off, as a young woman sought revenge on the malevolent monster that killed her family while they were fishing in Louisiana swamp country. Sequel will continue the story of villain Victor Crowley, who first made his gruesome mark in the original 2007 pic.

HATCHET hottie Danielle Harris

Extra Tidbit: You glad to see McDonnell get his chance or would you rather Adam Green direct part 3?
Source: Variety

Related Articles

2:17PM on 10/01/2011
As much as I would love to see Adam Green direct this, I have heard nothing but great things about BJ since the commentary/special features of the first Hatchet film, so it was great to see that someone so popular with the cast/crew is taking the reigns.

4:49AM on 10/01/2011
As long as it ends up being as great as the 1st one was and not the garbage that the 2nd one was, then I'm all in!

12:25AM on 10/01/2011
Cool, another Hatchet flick. Time to sort the real deal from the film nerds who think they are slasher fans.

9:55AM on 10/01/2011
Not sure if you are being sarcastic or if you\'re actually trying to say that if you aren\'t a fan of these flicks that you\'re not a real slasher fan. These movies are homages to the slashers of the 80s and as homages they are pale imitations that come across more as spoofs then a serious slasher flick. And it\'s actually kinda funny, a guy with a Hulk avatar calling people film nerds. All in fun, dude.
10:29PM on 09/30/2011

Not sure I care

So far this series has yet to impress me. Hatchet was mildly amusing with some nice gore but pretty forgettable and part 2 was just garbage. So, at this point, not sure it matters.I always give horrors a chance so, I'll catch up to it on Netflix.

9:26PM on 09/30/2011

Meh

I don't care who directs the flick as long is it doesnt have the same 45 minute wait before the insanity starts like the previous two films. this is the third in the series it should start with a bang and not let up until the end.

Scorupco, Izabella