Apparently Halloween 3 is back on the shelf until at least 2012

4 years agoby: Jared Pacheco
100%
h

A few weeks back we got word from director Patrick Lussier that he was working on the HELLRAISER reboot and that he had no idea what was going on with HALLOWEEN 3. Well today we might have some sort of update on the latter...

You see genre site HorrorBid are saying they've heard from a source close to The Weinsteins and Dimension that the project has officially been shelved for 2011 with plans to reevaluate the project in 2012. Apparently this is because the studio wants to concentrate on the HELLRAISER reboot so a film like HALLOWEEN 3 bouncing around would surely present some distractions.

Now mind you this news is far from solid but it's more than we've had in a while in regards to HALLOWEEN 3 so we're going to run with it. So if this is true, are you guys digging it? Are you cool with waiting over a year for another HALLOWEEN flick? Would you be cool with never seeing another HALLOWEEN flick at all? Hit us with your thoughts below and keep it here for more on HALLOWEEN 3 as we hear it, which will hopefully come before next year!

Thanks to Avery for the heads up!

Extra Tidbit: At one point Scout Taylor-Compton (above) was set to reprise her role as 'Laurie Strode' in HALLOWEEN 3, sans Rob Zombie.
Source: HorrorBid

8:19PM on 01/08/2011

@schwarzgeršt

@schwarzgeršt
well your fucking stupid! obviously you wouldnt know a good movie if it shot a load in your face. Rob Zombie's Halloween movies were by far the best in the franchise. I signed up and made an account just to tell you that I hope you die on your birthday.
@schwarzgeršt

2:20PM on 01/08/2011

More, more, more

I'm hoping for Angel Myers to become the new "Michael". Halloween 2 was super brutal and i loved every minute. I hope Rob Zombie makes the 3rd. I hope its in 3d too.

10:35AM on 01/04/2011
I don't really care if a part 3 comes out or not but I get tired of people saying Rob turned Mike into a hobo. Do you think you could traverse and survive the country side/wilderness in a jump suit alone? Mike's gotta stay warm. And all that traveling is going to make you dirty. The Mike of old was never dirty or blood stained? Yeah, explain that one!

6:43AM on 01/04/2011
They need some time to wash away the stink of Zombie's childish excrement and pretend those films never happened in the hope that general audiences will have forgotten all about Growling Hobo Mike, Bagel-Poking Angel and My Little Pony by the time a - hopefully - unconnected new 'Halloween' movie is released.

Besides, Zombie killed off Myers, Loomis and Laurie, there's nowhere for that particularly retarded storyline to go. Good riddance, I say.

Time to reboot, pick up sometime after

Time to reboot, pick up sometime after Toasty Mike woke up in that morgue at the end of 'Halloween: Busta Rhymes' and pretend Zombie's movies were nothing more than a terrible bout of hallucination inducing food poisoning.

2:19AM on 01/05/2011
In all honesty, I liked Rob Zombie's Halloween films a lot! In comparison to all of the other sequels can you honestly say that these were the worst? Did you see Halloween 6? And Halloween Resurrection was ridiculous! Next to 6 that was the worst!

At least Rob Zombie had the guts to try something different with the franchise. Even compared to most slashers today his films hold up pretty well. I think people give Rob a little too much grief than he deserves.

Rosie Huntington-Whitely