Catfish helmers Henry Joost & Ariel Schulman to direct Paranormal Activity 3

May. 4, 2011by: Jake Dee

Apparently waiting until the zero hour, Paramount has finally found its directors for PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3.

Variety has it that CATFISH helmers Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman (above) have been tapped to direct the third low-budget shaky-cam phenomenon, with Oren Peli and Jason Blum (who made the first film) onboard to produce. Christopher B. Landon, who wrote the script to PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2, is back as well to pen the third installment.

No plot specifics have been dished, but suffice it to say a young couple will be tormented by an ethereal presence in a solitarily confined location. Actually, word is an origin story set in the 80s that follows a new family will be the jumping off point. Check out the NEW SITE for the film that has officially opened for viewing.

As for Joost and Schulman, they seem a perfect fit for the pseudo-documentary/found footage style template these films engender. Of course, they better hurry if they're gonna make the purported October 21st release date.

What do you think? Are these guys right for the job or with only a single film under their belt, is their hire a bit premature?

Katie Featherston may very well return!

Extra Tidbit: Have you seen CATFISH? What'd you think?
Source: Variety

11:31PM on 05/05/2011
Just watched Catfish and was a bit underwhelmed by it. Now I am not sure this is going to be a good idea but as a fan of this series I'll give it a try come Oct.Can't say I am expecting much at this point.

12:55AM on 05/05/2011

catfish was one of the worst films I've seen

especially because of the insulting marketing campaign.

Because of that 'fuck you', I will NOT be watching PA 3... well I'll probably watch it, but I'll make sure I get it illegally.
especially because of the insulting marketing campaign.

11:26PM on 05/04/2011
sorry for the double post.
sorry for the double post.

11:21PM on 05/04/2011
Oh, and when are you guys going to figure out that that photo you keep posting (above) is NOT Katie Featherston.

9:53AM on 05/05/2011
Any idea who is she?
Any idea who is she?
11:19PM on 05/04/2011
The only hope to keep this series fresh is to hire new talent each time and hopefully this duo is a good choice. I haven't seen Catfish but, hear good things about it. Not sure if it's origin story time with story elements still left open from PA2 but, we'll see what they come up with in October.

Theron, Charlize