Check out RoboCop's new look in first ever trailer!

Sep. 5, 2013by: Ryan Miller

After months of behind-the-scenes stills of Joel Kinnaman as ROBOCOP, we now finally have a trailer that gives us a fantastic look at just what to expect from the remake. If you didn't like the black suit before, you're probably going to hate it even more now. Not so much because it looks bad but mostly because they actually start Kinnaman out with the more traditional old school ROBOCOP look that we all know and love — and it actually looks kind of badass. Then, half way through the trailer they change it to a more "tactical" look and that's where it lost me. The trailer isn't half bad and I think Kinnaman looks pretty solid in the role so I'm still very much on the fence with this one. Check it out below!

In ROBOCOP, the year is 2029 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the centre of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilises their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.

Directed by Jose Padilha, ROBOCOP stars Joel Kinnaman as the title character, Gary Oldman as the scientist who creates ROBOCOP, and Samuel L. Jackson as media mogul Pat Novak. Right now the film is eyeing a Feb. 7, 2014 release.

Extra Tidbit: I'm afraid to ask, but what did you guys think of the first trailer for ROBOCOP?

Related Articles

10:34PM on 09/07/2013

A Carbomb?

Murphy gets blown up by a car bomb? What a waste. I'm glad that they didn't try and recreate the warehouse scene from the original though.

2:28AM on 09/07/2013

the hand

I think what bothers me more than anything else is the HUMAN hand attached to the seemingly robotic arm. I see in the trailer that one arm and one leg survived, and so obviously it's a regular arm incased in armor. But to me, that just seems weak. I know they want a hand to "humanize" him more. But in the original: "We were able to save one of the arms!" "Lose the arm! I want total prostheses!" That's pretty badass.

8:37AM on 09/07/2013
Yeah, I have a problem with that human hand too. I think it must have something to do with the movie plot.
11:57PM on 09/06/2013
It looks better than I expected. I'm willing to give this a shot. Although it's CGI, I'm glad the Within-The-Leg holster is still there.

2:32PM on 09/06/2013
April Fools [link]
April Fools [link]

10:05AM on 09/06/2013

Jesus wept

8:21AM on 09/06/2013

Iron Mans mentally challenged cousin...

This looks like crap. I wanted to like this but wow, the trailer makes this look so boring. A visor that comes up and down at any time to reveal a pretty boy, perfect face? He gets the suit because of an explosion? This is going to be Total Recall of the year. A horrible remake that idiots look forward to that turns out to be utter crap.

8:02AM on 09/06/2013
It looks better than the other PG-13 RoboCop, RoboCop 3, so that's a start! And it looks like it does enough of its own thing, which I like, cause I hate when a remake is exactly like the original. I think it will make a killing at the box office, kids will love this!

2:02AM on 09/06/2013
While I grew up watching the original & still do several times a year, I can appreciate a new take on 1 of my old favorite characters. Judging from the trailer it definitely looks like fun with some throwbacks to the original. I'll give it a shot & if it sucks, then I can come home, watch the original & pretend the new version never happened.

Shayk, Irina