Cool Horror Videos: The making of Jason X

Apr. 26, 2013by: Kevin Woods
100%

Can you recall what you were doing on Friday, April 26 back in 2002? I sure do! I was gearing up to head to the theater to check out JASON X, the outer space set tenth installment of the FRIDAY THE 13TH franchise that has become beloved by some, reviled by many. It really doesn't feel like it has been 11 years since the film first hit US cinemas (it hit German cinemas 9 months earlier, in July of 2001). Love it or hate it, it's hard to not to get a smile from the tongue-in-cheek approach director James Isaac and writer Todd Farmer went with for this installment of the long running franchise. Just yesterday we hit you with one of our favorite kills from the flick in our Kill of the Day column, and today we have some cool behind-the-scenes/making-of vids from JASON X.

Extra Tidbit: Where do you stand on JASON X? Love it, hate it, indifferent?

Related Articles

9:10AM on 04/27/2013
It's a decent entry actually, I just don't care for the Uberjason design.
It's a decent entry actually, I just don't care for the Uberjason design.

12:21AM on 04/27/2013
the movie was pretty forgetable, but the scene where he's in the hologram room and he's back in crystal lake was cool. I wanted to see that film and not the film they came out with.

11:06PM on 04/26/2013

I REPEAT....HUGE MISSED OPPRTUNITY BY THE STUDIO

I cant believe the studios didnt plan to release a Friday the 13th film THIS year of all years. This would have been the "13th" (count em 13) Friday the 13th film, and released on Friday the 13th, 2013. This seems like a no-brainer, the hype alone would have sold the movie. Once in a lifetime opportunity. They could still do it. Film this summer and release on Friday December 13th 2013!!! Please sombody with pull read this and make it happen!

5:37PM on 04/26/2013
It scared the living poop out of me when I saw it! I was maybe thirteen or something at the time; at that age, the thought of being stuck in space with an invincible serial killer was terrifying. I'll always love this film for that.

12:22PM on 04/26/2013

April 26, 2002

I was seeing JASON X only because the HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION trailer was to debut in front of it... you know, back when I still had some hope for the franchise.

I had already seen JASON X online two months previous.

I had already seen JASON X online two months previous.

11:28AM on 04/26/2013
Extra tidbit: I love it actually. Sure, it may not have the usual charms of other Friday the 13th movies but it was sany and fun to watch, especially when Jason got an upgrade.

Dusku, Eliza