Could In God We Trust rival The Raid for best action flick? Peep the trailer!

04.23.2012by: Jake Dee

Looks like THE RAID may have some competition...

A new flick has come our way, an action powerhouse thriller from the UK called IN GOD WE TRUST. The shite's directed by Alexander Gingell, Dan Haigh, Bastiaan Koch (as Philip Koch) and Alex Westaway, written by the same men. We've got a pretty mind blowing trailer and fat-ass synopsis below, so I suggest just dipping right in!

In God We Trust" imagine a near future in which society is on the brink of collapse due to the Earth's deteriorating environment. Multinational corporations and international governments have merged to form a small number of elite corporate power groups, each vying for ultimate power and control over the remaining populace.

The story revolves around a momentous discovery made by high-ranking research scientist Piotr Drabik. Employed by a corporate entity known only as "ORTUS", Drabik believes that his research has enabled him to make direct contact with God. Chilling revelations are uncovered as Drabik discovers the true nature of God's will.

As rumours spread, shady elements within ORTUS orchestrate Drabik's abduction in an attempt to subvert the end of days and realise their own nefarious ambitions. All the while, the highest echelons of the church are acutely aware of God's true will.

Having kept their best defence against armageddon alive for centuries they prepare to fight once again. Caught in the middle of the web, Drabik must find the strength to confront his fears and ultimately decide the fate of us all.

The only question which remains is whether humanity's future involves salvation or annihilation..

When IN GOD comes to town, we'll let you know.

Horror Movie Posters
Extra Tidbit: Be honest...how'd the trailer hit ya?

6:56PM on 04/25/2012
The trailer for the Raid blew my balls off, and the movie itself blew my balls off. Difference with this and The Raid is that when you're watching the trailer or the movie, you know it's real guys doing real gunplay and real martial arts. This looks like a reject video game painted in CGI trying to be a badass action movie. It fails on every level. LONG LIVE THE RAID!

12:30PM on 04/25/2012

STUPID!!!

The visuals look OK, but I bet this is a confusing, blasphemous mess. No way this will come close to the awesomeness of The Raid.

5:14PM on 04/24/2012
BBBBRRRRRMMMMMMMMMM
BBBBRRRRRMMMMMMMMMM

12:23PM on 04/24/2012

Not funny

This is an F movie. C'mon!!! I didn't even see a fight in the whole trailer.
This is an F movie. C'mon!!! I didn't even see a fight in the whole trailer.

9:29AM on 04/24/2012

Land of Confusion

Business, government, religion, and the military are societal institutions. Apparently, like many, the four film-makers feel that these institutions currently slide into nihilism. By being heretical provocateurs, the film-makers will make their point--or at least sell a movie. The graphic, frenetic violence will also sell the film to audiences. I suspect that In God We Trust is more smart than Priest and about as smart and complex as Wanted, another hyper-active, hyer-cynical action film.

7:35AM on 04/24/2012
Er, yeah I have no idea why you would mention this and The Raid in the same sentence. They seem to have a couple of interesting ideas, but all I see in the trailer is unconvincing CGI effects (especially the 'bullet-time' bits that would have looked stale 10 years ago).

6:51AM on 04/24/2012

Gotta Agree With The Clif

Can't stand CGI violence, let alone CGI weapon fire. I can tell it's computer generated, and it takes me out of the story. The reason The Raid will be the better Action movie is because of it's phenomenal choreography.

12:49AM on 04/24/2012
are we sure this isn't some kind of an elaborate joke?
are we sure this isn't some kind of an elaborate joke?

12:00AM on 04/24/2012
This movie looks like shit in pure state. Something like a B-rejected version of evangelion..

10:40PM on 04/23/2012

Reason why it isn't in Raids league

The effects in Raid were believable.
The effects in Raid were believable.

Qualley, Margaret