Dexter season 7 TV spot brings blood and... dubstep?

05.28.2012by: Andy Madrzak
100%

The lovable serial killer "Dexter" will return in the seventh season of Showtime's hit series come September and a brand new TV spot has just been released. It's your typical teaser, so don't expect much (or, frankly, anything) in terms of new footage, but it still manages to get its message across - with the arguable exception of its questionable choice of soundtrack. See for yourself below.

While I personally think the show is past its prime, seeing Michael C. Hall in the titular role is always enjoyable. Plus, with the recently revealed additions to the cast, including Ray Stevenson and Jason Gedrick, season 7 might breathe some new life into the series.

"Dexter" season 7 will begin on September 30th, with a cast that includes Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter (below), Desmond Harrington, James Remar, David Zayas, C.S. Lee and Lauren Velez.

Extra Tidbit: Are you looking forward to another season with Dexter, or do you think the series has run its course?

1:48PM on 05/29/2012
I hope it's not past its' prime, but I definitely thought season 6 was a huge step down from the previous 5. Between the certain character development others have mentioned without spoiling below (anyone who has seen it knows what we're talking about I'm sure), and the absolute worst, most drawn out obvious twist I've ever seen in any TV show or movie, it kind of took a lot of the fun out of the show. Still, the final moments of the season did do a great job of hooking you in for more.

8:04PM on 05/28/2012

E.T.: I think someone is out of touch.

But IMO, I thought they hit a road bump with Season 5, but they more than made up for it in Season 6, especially with the finale. So long as the writing stays fresh, I'll keep watching. Haven't been disappointed yet.

3:22PM on 05/28/2012
Definately can't wait. Personally don't think it's past it's prime though as much as I love it, I'm glad to know they have an end in sight and won't string it out past it's welcome. I know some may argue it's not as good as the first few seasons (not me) and some hated some characters and elements such as the Lumen storyline but I dug them, while I've heard polarising opinions on the Trinity killer (the best IMO)but I would argue regardless it's still better than most shows out there. If Shawnkjr is referring to not enjoying a certain characters development of a possible romantic nature - i am in total agreement. hope that gets hit on the head ASAP!

12:46PM on 05/28/2012
Can't wait to watch...but I kinda agree with the past it's prime argument. Past 2 seasons weren't as great as the other and I really did not enjoy some character developments that happened toward the end of Season 6

9:07AM on 05/28/2012
Past it's prime? Better keep that dumb opinion to yourself.
Past it's prime? Better keep that dumb opinion to yourself.

10:11AM on 05/28/2012
Just an opinion, man. You're well entitled to disagree.
Just an opinion, man. You're well entitled to disagree.

Waterston, Katherine