Dolph Lundgren, Scott Adkins and JCVD wield machetes in these Universal Soldier promo shots

Feb. 3, 2012by: Eric Walkuski

Would you want to f*ck with any of these machete-packing dudes? No, you wouldn't. But I suspect you would want to watch all three of them go nuts with those sharp instruments of death, and it looks like that's what is in store for us when UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: A NEW DIMENSION comes our way. (When that will be is up in the air.)

These images are promo material for the latest UNIVERSAL adventure, which comes from director John Hyams (UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: REGENERATION). The flick was shot in 3D, although it remains to be seen if it will get an actual theatrical release. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing what Jean Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren and Scott Adkins (who will all appear in THE EXPENDABLES 2 this August) get up to in this installment. Obviously there's going to be some machete-fu.

Rus Blackwell, Mariah Bonner, Kristopher Van Varenberg, Andrei Arlovski and Audrey P. Scott all co-star in UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: A NEW DIMENSION. We'll let you know when this flick is due to hit theaters/home video when we do.

Extra Tidbit: Which of these dudes is the most intimidating?
Source: Sony

3:05AM on 02/05/2012
Van Damme looks like Ben Kingsley young brother, xD
Van Damme looks like Ben Kingsley young brother, xD

6:06PM on 02/03/2012

Nice promo shots

Considering these are merely promo shots, I'm guessing Dolph won't be wearing that absurd halloween costume. Other than that, everything else is badass. Loved the previous UniSol movie, excited for this one.

5:59PM on 02/03/2012
Regeneration was very cool flick that surpassed its low-budget sequel trappings. The addition of Adkins and a bigger role for Lundgren can only mean awesome things.

5:57PM on 02/03/2012
I'm sorry but this looks absolutely RI-DI-CU-LOUS.
I'm sorry but this looks absolutely RI-DI-CU-LOUS.

5:48PM on 02/03/2012
I thought US Regeneration was a lot of fun, and the fights were pretty damn entertaining. That being said Dolph looks like a total clown in that pic, although I would never say that to his face.

5:10PM on 02/03/2012
I liked US:Regenaration and I pretty much trust Hyams with this but all the pics ive see so far (cheesy costumes, the characters in clown-makeup) scream WTF?!

Crampton, Barbara